Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,010 members, 7,817,977 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:17 AM

Treasury Bills In Nigeria - Investment (1446) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Treasury Bills In Nigeria (4441595 Views)

Fixed Deposits Or Treasury Bills, Which Is Better? / Fixed Deposit And Treasury Bill Investments From Abroad / I Need Information On Treasury Bills In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1443) (1444) (1445) (1446) (1447) (1448) (1449) ... (2229) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by emmanuelewumi(m): 4:07am On Jul 26, 2020
Lamentation of an African American.

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by ChybuzzDD(m): 5:43am On Jul 26, 2020
OgogoroFreak:
I wonder too o.

Why would any reasonable person put their money in trash like that and call it "investment"? Now see what some of them are going through.

Some of the people doing it are more reasonable than you are.
What's your standard definition of being reasonable??
Let's stop this stupid attitude of looking down on people who engage in what we don't like doing or thinking we're more intelligent than them because we don't like what they're doing.
Do the ones you believe in, and allow others engage in the ones they believe in or prefer doing.

3 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by LordAdam16: 6:12am On Jul 26, 2020
emmanuelewumi:

African Americans are good for TWO things in the US: consumption and voting Blue (Democrat).

That's a deliberate sweeping generalization. Because forward-thinking, introspective AAs like the author of that piece, including overachievers like Morgan Freeman, Denzel Washington, Terry Crews, Thomas Sowell; are drowned out by the likes of Al Sharpton, Obama, TI, Dave Chappelle who revel in victimhood.

America is Capitalism HQ. Victimhood sells and the latter group have about 400 years of material (I call 'em convenient excuses).

-Lord

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by emmanuelewumi(m): 6:18am On Jul 26, 2020
ahiboilandgas:
please what digital about agriculture....if they want to run a firm like okumu oil plc...let them do ....give us audited reports ....

Okomu oil makes billions of Naira from their palm oil plantation, they are the second largest employer of labour in Edo State , the largest employer of labour is Edo State government

90% of their revenue come from industrial customers like Unilever, PZ, Nestle, Cosmetic companies, animal feeds companies, pharmaceutical companies, food and beverages companies etc.

They use palm oil for the manufacture of toilet soap, cosmetics, margarine, lubricants, drugs etc. The waste products are sold as animal feeds

Too bad the two major players in the sector, Okomu and Presco I have foreigners as their major shareholders

2 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by jobhrng: 6:56am On Jul 26, 2020
*Gitardor*
presents
*THE FREE ONLINE TRAINING*
Join and Learn using your smartphone �

*Do you want to learn the essential business management techniques with your smartphone that will enable you build and establish that business of your dream?*

Here you'll be taught

�� *Business Management Skill*

-Self Discipline & Time Management

-Introduction to Business

-Simple Business Process,

-Viable Business Ideas

-Simple Business Plan construction,

-Financial Analysis for Start-Up Businesses

-Viable Business Ideas.

�� *Social Media Marketing Skill*

-Social Media Marketing Techniques (Instagram)

�� *GRAPHICS DESIGN*

-3D logo design

-Flier making

-Video cartooning

-Video Animation and lots more.......�

*Join Our Free Intensive Training Today*

*This opportunity is for you!*

To book for the class:

Or Click on this link to join the group
���
https:///GlKyHKoaRKG7qkC6qVuppZ

Or send us a private WhatsApp ��
https:///message/MYEDHKKPUUKMC1
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by NL1960: 7:49am On Jul 26, 2020
ojesymsym:
People who have never handled a cutlass much less cut a blade of grass will never understand why and how difficult agriculture is even cattle rearing. That is why they can easily believe the high returns.

No mind them. When a farmer looses his/her harvest, it takes a minimum of two years to recover and that is if nothing bad happens again.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by mayemaye(m): 7:55am On Jul 26, 2020
emmanuelewumi:
very funny
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by IamR: 8:05am On Jul 26, 2020
Godbpraised:
Rule number one, invest in what you know and understand end to end. If it is too juicy it certainly has some traps.

Correct
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by emmanuelewumi(m): 8:22am On Jul 26, 2020
Real sector investment is very lucrative, but that does not mean all the operators are making sustainable income and profit. About 70% of them are barely struggling for survival.

I have also found out that most of people condemning fixed income and portfolio Investors, are the real sector operators who are struggling for survival and profitability of their business or young enterpreneurs who are looking for people who will bear the risks and they will take the returns.

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by emmanuelewumi(m): 8:34am On Jul 26, 2020
Successful real sector operators are too busy managing their businesses and making their millions, they are less concerned about the so called meagre returns from fixed income Investments

8 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by ukay2: 8:44am On Jul 26, 2020
*_Morning Tea..._* ☕�

Copied

*LAWS OF FINANCE*
There are 2 types of Laws of finance:
1} LAW OF POVERTY.
2} LAW OF WEALTH.

*1} LAW OF POVERTY:* This law states that work alone or work under someone and remain poor for the rest of your life. 95% of people in the world are living under this law. The people under this law make use of their credentials, they have ego, they seek for job, they have someone called boss, they receive salary which is fixed amount.

*S.A.L.A.R.Y*
S= Small
A= Amount
L= Limiting
A= And
R= Restricting/Retarding
Y= You

These people are called the working class. They always look for job.

*J.O.B*
J= Just
O= Over
B= Broke

Or

J= Journey
O= Of the
B= Broke/Borrower

*2} LAW OF WEALTH:* This law states that work with a team or group of people and remain wealthy forever, it is just 5% of people in the world that are living under this law. The people under this law make use of their potentials, and they are called the thinking class, they think of what to offer to the society and in turn make money. These people they earn their money which is income and it is not a fixed amount. These people are called the thinking class.

_The difference between these laws is that the people under the_ *LAW OF POVERTY* _don't make use of opportunity.. while those under the_ *LAW OF WEALTH* _make use of any opportunity that comes their way. The wealthy ones make use of *ID Number* and also *Partnership,* they have what is called big dreams but the poor don't have._

*REMEMBER THESE TODAY*
��������

Money does not respond to qualifications
Otherwise the wealthiest people should have been *Ph.D holders.*

Money does not respond to age Otherwise the world's oldest twins would have been the *richest.*

‍ It is not about your *degree*
It is all about what you do after the *degree.*

‍Have you noticed that the 1st class degree holders are not the *Richest*
Neither are the *3rd class degree holders the poorest.*
There is more to being wealthy than education.

The most important thing is *Mindset* � and the next thing is a *Commitment to self DISCIPLINE.*

The only person holding your key to success is *YOU.*

The secrets to success is for you to be willing to pay the price but the challenge is that very few are ready and willing to pay the price to succeed.

While some are partying and gisting, others are learning, planning and earning.

Don't sit down and complain about where you are, it won't change anything.

If you must see changes, the person that must change is *You*.

Be assured... *YOU HAVE ALL IT TAKES TO Succeed,* learn to invest the little you have and get a mentor to teach you how to grow your money.

*REMEMBER...*
There are two kinds of pain:
*PAIN OF REGRET*
*PAIN OF SUCCESS*
CHOOSE YOUR PAIN!

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by michaelogunleye(m): 9:18am On Jul 26, 2020
Exactly what I was about to clarify, equities and real estate are not fixed income instruments and as such can be considered as real economy investments available for employed workers who have no time to personally manage businesses

Modified

For those who choose to read A and understand B, when I say real sector, it includes real estate and stocks.

[/quote]

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by X21: 9:48am On Jul 26, 2020
Greenvaiper:

Just because you don't believe in it doesn't mean its thrash.
So are you saying crowdyvest, farmsponsor or a company like thrive agric that has got international funding in dollars from FAO are thrash?
Or are you saying requid technologies whose trustee is united African capital are fools for keying into the agritech sector?
Please let's be guided on how we make comments that is condescending to other people's sensibilities.
Just because the sector is unregulated at the moment doesn't mean it's thrash. SEC has already designed a framework for regulation of the sector, what is being awaited now is implementation.
I can assure u that those investors on the thread who do proper diligence and invest in the genuine agrotech companies that offer sensible ROIs of between 20percent to 40 percent per annum are achieving more capital appreciation than you who is hell bent on dying in treasury bill investment of 5percent and below per annum even at above 18 percent unofficial inflation rate.

I advise you read about the laws of gold in the book the richest man in Babylon and understand how people decide among the laws to follow when creating wealth.

Pls don't insult people's income path just because you don't believe in it or you don't have the balls to take the risk inherent in that path. Just face your own Hustle.

Tnx
the richest man in Babylon "usurious rates of return are deceitful sirens that sing but to lure the unwary upon the rocks of loss and remorse" Arkad narrating lessons learnt from Agalmish.

6 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Nobody: 10:10am On Jul 26, 2020
feelamong:

I dont think its a good idea to rush into a long term TBill deal now.

Naija is broke and the FG needs to borrow over N1TR in this quarter..

I see rates going to as much as 14.5% in the coming weeks.

Just look for good short term secondary market deals and lie there for the small time.....
Interest rate movements are unpredictable due to economy mismanagement.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by ojesymsym: 12:01pm On Jul 26, 2020
One forecast that went terribly wrong.
Sholapey:
Interest rate movements are unpredictable due to economy mismanagement.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by DexterousOne(m): 1:18pm On Jul 26, 2020
emmanuelewumi:

Key word

"Some" of our people

Not every AA

This consumerism behaviour cuts across races

A white guy got government assistance last year (pre covid) and what he decided to do was to buy a Big TV and video game

That's what his priorities are

Another one went on a buying splurge at Target with a chick, when he has a baby mother who has a son for him (which btw got nothing)
Also a white person

I think part of the broader spectrum of white privilege is that white folks can do whatever he wants, no matter how stupid, and the media will not make it a stain about his own people

But let one black man do the same thing

The whole media hysteria (and even people too) about black people this and black people that will be everywhere

There are millions of families suffering in America today
And the bailout given to them was abysmal compared to what their peers got elsewhere
Most people put it to good use (paying bills, especially the ones with family)

There were those who wasted it anyways

2 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by DexterousOne(m): 1:31pm On Jul 26, 2020
LordAdam16:

African Americans are good for TWO things in the US: consumption and voting Blue (Democrat).

That's a deliberate sweeping generalization. Because forward-thinking, introspective AAs like the author of that piece, including overachievers like Morgan Freeman, Denzel Washington, Terry Crews, Thomas Sowell; are drowned out by the likes of Al Sharpton, Obama, TI, Dave Chappelle who revel in victimhood.

America is Capitalism HQ. Victimhood sells and the latter group have about 400 years of material (I call 'em convenient excuses).

-Lord

What are you talking about Lord?

Black Americans dont play victim
They ARE victims.
When I hear supposed "right wing blacks " like you talk

I just smile to myself cheesy

Now I'm not saying that one should wallow in his state of victimhood, and one should always make efforts to better his situation no matter what, but no one should downplay the effects of what has happened to the AA community

Mass incarceration plus red lining plus Jim Crow plus slavery plus war on drugs plys police brutality plus voter suppression and the list goes on

You want to tell me that a people who suffered all these, and spent most of their time fighting for civil rights to at least be considered equal (a fight that is yet to be over)
Are not Victims?

That is what white right wing nut cases like Dennis Prager and co are telling you, and you believe them?

Na wa

As for black folks voting democrats
Voting democrats is not the problem
Demanding nothing in return is the problem and mistakes many of them are making

When you vote in candidates, and they are up for reelection, if they did not do enough for you vote them out

The Republican party has no plan for black folks either, so voting them will not even solve anything
It is holding accountable who you vote into office, that is what counts, and for many black Americans, they dont do this at all.

And no
Those 400 years of victimisation is not an excuse
They are valid incidents with long lasting effects

I always use Igbos as an example
Because I'm an igbo person

If the Nigerian govt had implemented underhand mass incarceration gimmicks on us, that sent many of our fathers to jail in say the 1970s and 80s, what do you think will be the state of our societies today
We dont seem to understand it
That is was the presence of those men who worked hard day and night that steered us away from what would have been a disastrous end for my people

3 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Donbrig: 1:33pm On Jul 26, 2020
Before you crucify Nigerians for investing in sukuk, you should understand that about 5% of Nigerians invested in that bond, and out of that 5%, only about 2% were ordinary Nigerians, the remaining 3% are investors from mutual fund managers, banks/mfb, pension funds, extremely wealthy Nigerians, etc. And the fact that the sukuk bond and other fixed income are always oversubscribed shows that local and foreign investors still have hopes and trust in our economy and govt.

It would be more devastating if FG wish to borrow N100b and cannot even raise up to N50b from the public, this would send a very wrong and dangerous signal to both foreign and local investors.

LandMann:

Sukuk is a bad deal.

For example, if you buy gold now and keep with the money, you will earn more than you will earn from sukuk by the time sukuk of now matures.

That's the only certain investment I know won't backfire.

Others involve you doing your due diligence and starting or investing in a business that would pay you above 14% which is the official inflation rate... or above 20% which is the closer to the unofficial inflation rate.

Alternatively, you can look for excellent financial advisors to advise you if you have a significant amount. The fee you will pay them, provided their advise is solid, is certainly going to be a fraction of what you stand to lose in sukuk.

3 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by DexterousOne(m): 1:36pm On Jul 26, 2020
DexterousOne:

What are you talking about Lord?

Black Americans dont play victim
They ARE victims.
When I hear supposed "right wing blacks " like you talk

I just smile to myself cheesy

Now I'm not saying that one should wallow in his state of victimhood, and one should always make efforts to better his situation no matter what, but no one should downplay the effects of what has happened to the AA community

Mass incarceration plus red lining plus Jim Crow plus slavery plus war on drugs plys police brutality plus voter suppression and the list goes on

You want to tell me that a people who suffered all these, and spent most of their time fighting for civil rights to at least be considered equal (a fight that is yet to be over)
Are not Victims?

That is what white right wing nut cases like Dennis Prager and co are telling you, and you believe them?

Na wa

As for black folks voting democrats
Voting democrats is not the problem
Demanding nothing in return is the problem and mistakes many of them are making

When you vote in candidates, and they are up for reelection, if they did not do enough for you vote them out

The Republican party has no plan for black folks either, so voting them will not even solve anything
It is holding accountable who you vote into office, that is what counts, and for many black Americans, they dont do this at all.

And no
Those 400 years of victimisation is not an excuse
They are valid incidents with long lasting effects

I always use Igbos as an example
Because I'm an igbo person

If the Nigerian govt had implemented underhand mass incarceration gimmicks on us, that sent many of our fathers to jail in say the 1970s and 80s, what do you think will be the state of our societies today
We dont seem to understand it
That is was the presence of those men who worked hard day and night that steered us away from what would have been a disastrous end for my people

To add...

I always use the analysis of a rape victim to explain this thing to people.....

No matter what a man/woman makes of him/herself, no matter what he/she THINKS he has achieved family wise, or otherwise, it does not

1) Change the fact that the person ie a rape victim
And
.2) the psychological trauma of being raped derail many people in life

So for one who is psychologically traumatised by rape, how sensible will it be to point to another and say...
Look at her, she pulled through and moved on, why cant you be like her? You are just a cry baby and wallowing in "victimhood "

How sensible does that sound to you?

2 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by DexterousOne(m): 1:37pm On Jul 26, 2020
Donbrig:
Before you crucify Nigerians for investing in sukuk, you should understand that about 5% of Nigerians invested in that bond, and out of that 5%, only about 2% were ordinary Nigerians, the remaining 3% are investors from mutual fund managers, banks/mfb, pension funds, extremely wealthy Nigerians, etc. And the fact that the sukuk bond and other fixed income are always oversubscribed shows that local and foreign investors still have hopes and trust in our economy and govt.

It would be more devastating if FG wish to borrow N100b and cannot even raise up to N50b from the public, this would send a very wrong and dangerous signal to both foreign and local investors.

Well said.
You get the point
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by emmanuelewumi(m): 1:37pm On Jul 26, 2020
DexterousOne:

Key word

"Some" of our people

Not every AA

This consumerism behaviour cuts across races

A white guy got government assistance last year (pre covid) and what he decided to do was to buy a Big TV and video game

That's what his priorities are

Another one went on a buying splurge at Target with a chick, when he has a baby mother who has a son for him (which btw got nothing)
Also a white person

I think part of the broader spectrum of white privilege is that white folks can do whatever he wants, no matter how stupid, and the media will not make it a stain about his own people

But let one black man do the same thing

The whole media hysteria (and even people too) about black people this and black people that will be everywhere

There are millions of families suffering in America today
And the bailout given to them was abysmal compared to what their peers got elsewhere
Most people put it to good use (paying bills, especially the ones with family)

There were those who wasted it anyways

Try and read "The millionaires next door", to understand the consumption per capita, saving per capita, investment per capita, of the various groups in the US. African American, Jewish Americans, Irish immigrants, English immigrants, German immigrants, Hispanics and other groups.

Surprisingly Irish Americans (who are from a disadvantaged position) have a higher concentration of millionaires.

2 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by emmanuelewumi(m): 1:43pm On Jul 26, 2020
Donbrig:

Thank you so much, the total number of Nigerians who invest in fixed income and portfolio Investments are less than 10 million, majority of the population invest in the real sector. 10% of Nigerians about 20 million Nigerians have real estate Investments.

Compared to over 36 million micro, small and medium scale businesses in the real sector

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by DexterousOne(m): 1:44pm On Jul 26, 2020
emmanuelewumi:

Try and read "The millionaires next door", to understand the consumption per capita, saving per capita, investment per capita, of the various groups in the US. African American, Jewish Americans, Irish immigrants, English immigrants, German immigrants, Hispanics and other groups.

Surprisingly Irish Americans (who are from a disadvantaged position) have a higher concentration of millionaires.

I have read the book
At least excerpts from it
I learnt about it from Chris Hogan and Dave Ramsey

Irish Americans were not victims of jim crow
And eventually they were subsumed into the broader "white" umbrella even tho they were not considered "white" before them

Dont get me wrong
I believe in the maxim "your destiny is in your own hands "

But at the same time
I wont accept the unfair aspersions being cast on Africans or African Americans as the case may be.

4 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by DexterousOne(m): 1:48pm On Jul 26, 2020
emmanuelewumi:

Did I just read "Biden supporter" in that post?

No wonder!
The person who posted that is as dumb as a rock
No apologies
If the person has an iota of common sense
The person should know that Joe Biden of all human beings are among the most CONSERVATIVE DEMOCRATS there are in this world
Joe Biden is a moderate Republican hiding in the democratic party

And he has been saying it for decades that welfare and social security needs to be cut.
That has been his position and I bet is still his position

So linking Joe Biden to welfare is a very disingenuous thing to do

2 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by emmanuelewumi(m): 2:01pm On Jul 26, 2020
Micro, small and medium Businesses contribute 48% of the Nigerian GDP of about $400 billion.

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by DexterousOne(m): 2:03pm On Jul 26, 2020
ukay2:
*_Morning Tea..._* ☕�

Copied

*LAWS OF FINANCE*
There are 2 types of Laws of finance:
1} LAW OF POVERTY.
2} LAW OF WEALTH.

*1} LAW OF POVERTY:* This law states that work alone or work under someone and remain poor for the rest of your life. 95% of people in the world are living under this law. The people under this law make use of their credentials, they have ego, they seek for job, they have someone called boss, they receive salary which is fixed amount.

*S.A.L.A.R.Y*
S= Small
A= Amount
L= Limiting
A= And
R= Restricting/Retarding
Y= You

These people are called the working class. They always look for job.

*J.O.B*
J= Just
O= Over
B= Broke

Or

J= Journey
O= Of the
B= Broke/Borrower

*2} LAW OF WEALTH:* This law states that work with a team or group of people and remain wealthy forever, it is just 5% of people in the world that are living under this law. The people under this law make use of their potentials, and they are called the thinking class, they think of what to offer to the society and in turn make money. These people they earn their money which is income and it is not a fixed amount. These people are called the thinking class.

_The difference between these laws is that the people under the_ *LAW OF POVERTY* _don't make use of opportunity.. while those under the_ *LAW OF WEALTH* _make use of any opportunity that comes their way. The wealthy ones make use of *ID Number* and also *Partnership,* they have what is called big dreams but the poor don't have._

*REMEMBER THESE TODAY*
��������

Money does not respond to qualifications
Otherwise the wealthiest people should have been *Ph.D holders.*

Money does not respond to age Otherwise the world's oldest twins would have been the *richest.*

‍ It is not about your *degree*
It is all about what you do after the *degree.*

‍Have you noticed that the 1st class degree holders are not the *Richest*
Neither are the *3rd class degree holders the poorest.*
There is more to being wealthy than education.

The most important thing is *Mindset* � and the next thing is a *Commitment to self DISCIPLINE.*

The only person holding your key to success is *YOU.*

The secrets to success is for you to be willing to pay the price but the challenge is that very few are ready and willing to pay the price to succeed.

While some are partying and gisting, others are learning, planning and earning.

Don't sit down and complain about where you are, it won't change anything.

If you must see changes, the person that must change is *You*.

Be assured... *YOU HAVE ALL IT TAKES TO Succeed,* learn to invest the little you have and get a mentor to teach you how to grow your money.

*REMEMBER...*
There are two kinds of pain:
*PAIN OF REGRET*
*PAIN OF SUCCESS*
CHOOSE YOUR PAIN!

Well said
Thanks for sharing Ukay2
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by DexterousOne(m): 2:15pm On Jul 26, 2020
emmanuelewumi:
Micro, small and medium Businesses contribute 48% of the Nigerian GDP of about $400 billion.

This sector here is key to the economic rejuvenation of Nigeria

Corporate Nigeria cannot absorb everybody

It's the MSMEs that have greater potentials to absorb the teeming labour force and engage them productively
Instead of them to be idle and aimlessly looking for slots in corporate Nigeria

You are very correct in this statistic

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by emmanuelewumi(m): 2:20pm On Jul 26, 2020
DexterousOne:

This sector here is key to the economic rejuvenation of Nigeria

Corporate Nigeria cannot absorb everybody

It's the MSMEs that have greater potentials to absorb the teeming labour force and engage them productively
Instead of them to be idle and aimlessly looking for slots in corporate Nigeria

You are very correct in this statistic

They also create 84% of the job opportunities in Nigeria.

When the evangelists of real sector Investments start talking against fixed income Investments they should know where the money come from.

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by emmanuelewumi(m): 2:51pm On Jul 26, 2020
According to CBN and Bank of Industry

Micro businesses have less than 10 workers and asset of N5 million and below.

Small businesses have between 11 and 50 workers and N5 million to N100 million in assets excluding property

Medium businesses have between 51 and 200 workers N100 million to N500 million in assets excluding property.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Phraences: 3:34pm On Jul 26, 2020
Greenvaiper:

Just because you don't believe in it doesn't mean its thrash.
So are you saying crowdyvest, farmsponsor or a company like thrive agric that has got international funding in dollars from FAO are thrash?
Or are you saying requid technologies whose trustee is united African capital are fools for keying into the agritech sector?
Please let's be guided on how we make comments that is condescending to other people's sensibilities.
Just because the sector is unregulated at the moment doesn't mean it's thrash. SEC has already designed a framework for regulation of the sector, what is being awaited now is implementation.
I can assure u that those investors on the thread who do proper diligence and invest in the genuine agrotech companies that offer sensible ROIs of between 20percent to 40 percent per annum are achieving more capital appreciation than you who is hell bent on dying in treasury bill investment of 5percent and below per annum even at above 18 percent unofficial inflation rate.

I advise you read about the laws of gold in the book the richest man in Babylon and understand how people decide among the laws to follow when creating wealth.

Pls don't insult people's income path just because you don't believe in it or you don't have the balls to take the risk inherent in that path. Just face your own Hustle.
Tnx

Supported. That a business style is new does not make it trash. Fine, we know there are scammers and inexperienced people who are trying to ruin it but the Digital Agric thread is trying in their own way to make people aware. Thankfully, Agritechs and crowdfunding have gotten SEC's attention. That someone is willing to invest in a business that is not SEC regulated does not make them foolish. All businesses started from somewhere. There are people who invested in shares that also lost out. It doesn't make them foolish. ThriveAgric was like the Airtel of Agritech. Farmcrowdy is like the MTN. Covid 19 issues has destabilized ThriveAgric just as it distabilized Aviation and Tourism related companies. There are so many risks in business even when you tick all the right boxes. I just hope SEC quickly sanitizes the industry cos SEC themselves like moving at a snail's pace. All they know is to be releasing publication.

*Another company I think has international funding is Agropartnership (Farmforte). I really hope they pass SEC regulation cos i am really rooting for them. I also hope the common man that had faith in these Agritechs does not get disadvantaged after the regulation.

2 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by emmanuelewumi(m): 3:43pm On Jul 26, 2020
Phraences:

Supported. That a business style is new does not make it trash. Fine, we know there are scammers and inexperienced people who are trying to ruin it but the Digital Agric thread is trying in their own way to make people aware. Thankfully, Agritechs and crowdfunding have gotten SEC's attention. That someone is willing to invest in a business that is not SEC regulated does not make them foolish. All businesses started from somewhere. There are people who invested in shares that also lost out. It doesn't make them foolish. ThriveAgric was like the Airtel of Agritech. Farmcrowdy is like the MTN. Covid 19 issues has destabilized ThriveAgric just as it distabilized Aviation and Tourism related companies. There are so many risks in business even when you tick all the right boxes. I just hope SEC quickly sanitizes the industry cos SEC themselves like moving at a snail's pace. All they know is to be releasing publication.

*Another company I think has international funding is Agropartnership (Farmforte). I really hope they pass SEC regulation cos i am really rooting for them. I also hope the common man that had faith in these Agritechs does not get disadvantaged after the regulation.

If any of them need a corporate bond at 15%, I will invest.

Because SEC would have scrutinized their books, assets of the company and cash flow from the firms will be under the management of SEC appointed Trustees.

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Phraences: 3:59pm On Jul 26, 2020
emmanuelewumi:

If any of them need a corporate bond at 15%, I will invest.

Because SEC would have scrutinized their books, assets of the company and cash flow from the firms will be under the management of SEC appointed Trustees.

True. But i fear the regulation might even kill a lot of them including the genuine ones. The proposed rules did not seem favourable to the Agritechs. They even limited how much a retail investor can invest. Most likely, after the SEC regulation, the interest rates will crash to TB rate level. Everybody, back to square one.

(1) (2) (3) ... (1443) (1444) (1445) (1446) (1447) (1448) (1449) ... (2229) (Reply)

Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 101
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.