Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,687 members, 7,851,364 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 05:49 PM

Treasury Bills In Nigeria - Investment (1548) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Treasury Bills In Nigeria (4489893 Views)

Fixed Deposits Or Treasury Bills, Which Is Better? / Fixed Deposit And Treasury Bill Investments From Abroad / I Need Information On Treasury Bills In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1545) (1546) (1547) (1548) (1549) (1550) (1551) ... (2240) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by ahiboilandgas: 5:23pm On Sep 18, 2020
ukay2:

82% earned....
how about capital appreciation of the property ? Current valuation
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Nobody: 5:31pm On Sep 18, 2020
ukay2:

There is so much housing deficit in Nigeria.

One just needs to get Good Rental Apartments and Good Tennants....your good to go
The bolded is what the issue is. For that class of tenants (500k to 700k), you have to be very lucky to find tenants that can afford to keep paying rent year in, year out in this economy. No doubt, there is a shortage of affordable houses and demand is high but are there enough bankable tenants? I don’t think so. Many of these tenants will gather money and pay first one or two years just to move in. Na after that, person go come know the kind wahala wey he enter. At the end of the day, we all pray to be part of the lucky few like you that have decent tenants that continue to stay employed/thrive in their businesses in this economy.

5 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by 4tunebest(f): 5:45pm On Sep 18, 2020
ahiboilandgas:
There is huge demand for housing in Nigeria especially within the range of 350k to 700k range ...i have one abandon bungalow i just upgraded small with tiles like 120k and wall screeding like 100k i put it up for rent yesterday to test what the economy was like , Suprisely like 3 tenates show interest for 500k while i fixed the price 600k
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by faoogoke(m): 5:50pm On Sep 18, 2020
4tunebest:

Oga Ahib, where is the location, is it Abuja? Housing opportunities are just too numerous in this Abuja. Was deeply thinking about this earlier today, strategizing how to tap into these opportunities.

Even my mum who has her own 6 bedroom personal apartment in Lagos came to visit me few months ago, has turned oliver twist for this housing opportunities matter. From ordinary visit o, She identified a lucrative place to buy land and is now in the process of completing 6 units of flats to be placed on rent.

Adrenaline really pumping for the real opportunities abound in real estate

Bros its not as sweet as you paint it.

Tenants are in the habit of owing rents in Abuja. Especially Lawyers.

And as you know the law is in favour of the tenant.

I know a retiree who had invested in numerous properties in the city who is now highly frustrated by owing tenants.

2 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by 4tunebest(f): 5:57pm On Sep 18, 2020
@faoogoke, it is all about strategy, adequate planning and learning from the mistakes of others to avoid repitition of same.

ukay2:

Definitely yes...

My rental apartments have not been vacant for close to 10years now...
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by ukay2: 6:10pm On Sep 18, 2020
ahiboilandgas:
how about capital appreciation of the property ? Current valuation

Last valuation was done 3years ago and it was at 25% up in value
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by ahiboilandgas: 6:20pm On Sep 18, 2020
One bbn Najia member na only negative taughts ... invest in fixed assets no way na only how tenate cannot pay ,open an enterprise.no staff will steal .money .invest in fgn bonds ,no rate are too low and Long. Invest in stocks no too votalite .....Run away from such people na only Negative and why it cannot be done ...... but watch b.b.n all day and contribute to kidwayya ...yup very nice investment. ,play betnajia and do MMM ....who gud investment....

16 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by ahiboilandgas: 6:24pm On Sep 18, 2020
Chai tenate number six .550k? If no increment i will collect by tommorow ...whooa i left it for 6 years lost income....

4 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by sirrotex: 6:52pm On Sep 18, 2020
By way of advise, ensure whatever tenant you decide to settle with has a regular income and he provides verifiable guarantors. Please don't accept spouses guaranteeing each other

3 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by ukay2: 6:54pm On Sep 18, 2020
ahiboilandgas:
Chai tenate number six .550k? If no increment i will collect by tommorow ...whooa i left it for 6 years lost income....

Look for potentials to pay subsequent rentals.....very important for me.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Nobody: 7:33pm On Sep 18, 2020
ahiboilandgas:
One bbn Najia member na only negative taughts ... invest in fixed assets no way na only how tenate cannot pay ,open an enterprise.no staff will area.money .invest in fgn bonds ,no rate are too low and Long.......Run away from such people na only Negative and why it cannot be done ...... but watch ban all day and contribute to kidwayya ...yup very nice investment.
You dey vex? grin. I won’t blame you sha. You won’t understand that some people actually have jobs that they work well at to raise money to invest for their children. The same way you are in the streets hustling, some are in well paying jobs that allow them to save. Should they leave the jobs and join you hustling in the real sector where most SMEs fail? Oga listen to yourself na undecided

Na people like yourself wey dey into ‘business’ as a career you suppose to dey advice about how to navigate real sector. Not someone looking for safe passive investments in the current economy wey we find ourselves. Mind you, this na T Bill thread o. Can one be more risk averse if na TBill them dey find?

I repeat that not everyone is a career hustler like you and trust me, there are risk averse people whose primary goal is preservation of capital and making the best return on safe investments they can find in this economy. Even if they wanted to take risks for the possibility of high returns with their savings, they will invest indirectly in the real sector through equities not to resign from their jobs and enter streets in hustle they have no experience in to throw away their hard earned money. You think I’m not speaking from experience about rental properties? Na wa o.

So because person dey watch BBN, it means he or she is useless to society? Is the BBN thread worse than the olosho thread that you frequent?

Ps: A lot of things you say here are lamba and crap and only an idiot will believe that you are actually as successful in the real sector as you claim to be. I beat my chest when I say it. If you be Dangote, you no go dey here 247 bragging like one chairman about your investments and hustle. Not to talk of all the time wey you dey spend for olosho thread wey you dey frequent. Idle business man like you. Keep dreaming na.

11 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by missjekyll: 7:47pm On Sep 18, 2020
IamRichards:
Hello house.Please my wife just put to bed on Monday,and my salary won't come until late next month.Please I've a lot of finances to take care of and I really hope someone can put a smile on our faces. Anything at all will go a long way.My account number is on my signature,More returns to our investments.

This is embarrassing. Now if you just go to ikpe mmiri,hire a Barrow and carry yams,you would have more than enough.
Noone on this thread will drop a penny. You had 9 months to prepare. Welldone,sir

15 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by TransAtlanticEx(m): 7:52pm On Sep 18, 2020
missjekyll:

This is embarrassing. Now if you just go to ikpe mmiri,hire a Barrow and carry yams,you would have more than enough.
Noone on this thread will drop a penny. You had 9 months to prepare. Welldone,sir
Give am the money na,shebi you always support things like this?
Why change now? undecided
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by TransAtlanticEx(m): 7:55pm On Sep 18, 2020
Lazyyouth4u:

You dey vex? grin. I won’t blame you sha. You won’t understand that some people actually have jobs that they work well at to raise money to invest for their children. The same way you are in the streets hustling, some are in well paying jobs that allow them to save. Should they leave the jobs and join you hustling in the real sector where most SMEs fail? Oga listen to yourself na undecided

Na people like yourself wey dey into ‘business’ as a career you suppose to dey advice about how to navigate real sector. Not someone looking for safe passive investments in the current economy wey we find ourselves.

I repeat that not everyone is a career hustler like you and trust me, there are risk averse people whose primary goal is preservation of capital and making the best return on safe investments they can find in this economy. Even if they wanted to take risks with their savings, they will invest indirectly in the real sector through equities not to resign from their jobs and enter streets in hustle they have no experience in to throw away their hard earned money. You think I’m not speaking from experience about rental properties? Na wa o.

So because person dey watch BBN, it means he or she is useless to society? Is the BBN thread worse than the olosho thread that you frequent?

Ps: A lot of things you say here are lamba and crap and only an idiot will believe that you are actually as successful in the real sector as you claim to be. I beat my chest when I say it. If you be Dangote, you no go dey here 247 bragging about your investments and hustle. Not to talk of the olosho thread wey you dey frequent.
Bros a man can be carrying ashawo and still be serious with business.
This is the only point I disagree with.
Leave ashawo out of your argument.

2 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Grupo(m): 7:55pm On Sep 18, 2020
ahiboilandgas:
One bbn Najia member na only negative taughts ... invest in fixed assets no way na only how tenate cannot pay ,open an enterprise.no staff will area.money .invest in fgn bonds ,no rate are too low and Long.......Run away from such people na only Negative and why it cannot be done ...... but watch ban all day and contribute to kidwayya ...yup very nice investment.

I thought I was the only one that noticed this.

The guy is only here to oppose every idea. And he doesn't give any alternative.

15 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by ahiboilandgas: 7:57pm On Sep 18, 2020
Grupo:

only bbn Najia ideas �

2 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by ahiboilandgas: 8:00pm On Sep 18, 2020
Cavet....dont work with my advice or suggestion or write ups ....

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by missjekyll: 8:12pm On Sep 18, 2020
Did somebody just mention me or was that a mosquito?

must have been a mosquito. oh well.....back to my flexing

4 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by TransAtlanticEx(m): 8:20pm On Sep 18, 2020
missjekyll:
Did somebody just mention me or was that a mosquito?

must have been a mosquito. oh well.....back to my flexing
lol this child never fails to amaze me. grin
Mosquito kor,ewure ni.

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Nobody: 8:33pm On Sep 18, 2020
ukay2:

There is so much housing deficit in Nigeria.

One just needs to get Good Rental Apartments and Good Tennants....your good to go
Exactly!

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Nobody: 9:07pm On Sep 18, 2020
ahiboilandgas:
only bbn Najia ideas �
Oga, na wa for this BBN wey you dey always talk o. Swear say you no dey watch am. Na so you like Kiddwaya? grin. Keep dreaming o. E go better. Please tell me, what is wrong with watching BBN? Does it mean I cannot talk about things that I know very well because I watch BBN? A hypocrite always on olosho thread can condemn someone on BBN thread? That makes no sense at all.

Continue coming here to lamba na. Only you know everybody for Naija. Only you do all the business for Naija and make money. E dey sweet your belle to be chairman like Dangote for faceless thread abi? I know your type. Continue dreaming na. Just continue.

5 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Nobody: 9:20pm On Sep 18, 2020
Grupo:

This is a Treasury Bill thread and I will continue to oppose risky investment ideas. I will never come here to give anyone investment ideas. Why should I? But when I see BS I will call it BS o and that lamba master chairman is full of BS. All lies.

Listen, it’s rough out there and few people are making money in this economy. Anyone that tells you otherwise is lying to you. Do you know why Tbill yields keep falling, large companies and financial institutions are staying away from the real sector and all chasing safe T-bill investments. Just let that sink in and you will understand where I’m coming from.

The guys that know the market and have the means are laying low for now for a reason. It’s really a messed up time for investors all over the world. Only the bravest are making moves and of course it will work for some but many of the brave ones will unfortunately lose it all. Will a risk averse investor take that chance with his/her life savings? Do you think anyone looking for risky investments will be on a T Bill thread looking for investment ideas? Think!

3 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Nobody: 9:34pm On Sep 18, 2020
Lazyyouth4u:

Oga, na wa for this BBN wey you dey always talk o. Swear say you no dey watch am. And please tell me, what is wrong with watching BBN? Does it mean I cannot talk about things that I know very well? A hypocrite always on olosho thread can condemn someone on BBN thread? That makes no sense.

Continue coming here to lamba na. Only you know everybody for Naija. Only you do all the business for Naija and make money. E dey sweet your belle to be chairman like Dangote for faceless thread abi? I know your type. Continue dreaming na. Just continue.

Aibolah na better guy, as an office worker myself, i have learnt a lot from him.

You cheapen the convo when you bring bbn into this thread .

You're clearly smart, so start contributing so we can learn from you as well.

12 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Nobody: 9:35pm On Sep 18, 2020
Nigsrdumb:

Aibolah na better guy, as an office worker myself, i have learnt a lot from him.

You cheapen the convo when you bring bbn into this thread .

You're clearly smart, so star contributing so we can learn from you as well.
Who brings BBN to this thread? Me? Or your lamba chairman trying to use it to bring me down? Have you been drinking??

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Olaide1295: 9:58pm On Sep 18, 2020
Lazyyouth4u:

I will never come here and give anyone advice on investments. Why should I? I leave people to make their decisions. None of my business at all. But when I see BS I will call it BS and that lamba master chairman is full of BS. All lies.

Listen, it’s rough out there and few people are making money in this economy. Anyone that tells you otherwise is lying to you. Do you know why Tbill yields keep falling, large companies and financial institutions are staying away from the real sector and all chasing safe T-bill investments. Just let that sink in and you will understand where I’m coming from.

The guys that know the market and have the means are laying low for now for a reason. It’s really a messed up time for investors all over the world. Only the bravest are making moves and of course it will work for some but many of the brave ones will unfortunately lose it all. Will a risk averse investor take that chance with his savings? Do you think anyone looking for risky investments will be on a T Bill thread? Think!

Guy, you signed up two months ago and you're here insulting people.
I have been here learning for years now. You don't have to agree with other people's comment. In fact, you can drop objective counter opinions (without insults). We are reading from you and no knowledge is lost.
We don't care about Olosho or BBN so far you are able to contribute effectively.

@Ahib is a respected man on this thread and I have personally gained much from him. The "Real economy vs Fixed income/Govt. securities" conversation has been had here already. You can check older pages and learn if you will.

Better for the economy does not mean safer for investors. Listening to diverse opinions is a form of investing due dilligence

Lets keep the conversation matured and educating.

21 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Nobody: 10:09pm On Sep 18, 2020
Olaide1295:

Guy, you signed up two months ago and you're here insulting people.
I have been here learning for years now. You don't have to agree with other people's comment and you can drop objective counter opinions. We are reading and no knowledge is lost.
We don't care about Olosho or BBN so far you are able to contribute effectively.

@Ahib is a respected man on this thread and I have personally gained from him. The "Real economy vs Fixed income/Govt. securities" conversation has been had here already. You can check older pages and learn if you will.

Lets keep the conversation matured and educating.
So what if I joined two months ago? Is this secondary school? So when people insult me, you expect me to smile and say thank you sir. Right? Please go back and read my comments. When I see what I don’t think is right, I will say it o. You don’t like it, it’s on you. Don’t insult my intelligence by telling me to go and learn about real economy vs fixed income. Speak for yourself if you do not know. You do not know me bro grin

Your Oga is respected here because he comes here and lambas to you guys. Is that what it takes to be respected on this thread? Lies? SMH..

By the way, this is a public forum. I’m entitled to say whatever I want provided that I’m not breaking any rules.

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Nobody: 10:09pm On Sep 18, 2020
Lazyyouth4u:

Who brings BBN to this thread? Me? Or your lamba chairman trying to use it to bring me down? Have you been drinking??

This is why everyone thinks you're a youth, it's not your moniker, it's how you write.

8 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Nobody: 10:10pm On Sep 18, 2020
Nigsrdumb:

This is why everyone thinks you're a youth, it's not your moniker, it's how you write.

You are too funny grin grin. A youth that will school a Baba like you? undecided. Your moniker says dumb. You sef know. Need I say more?

2 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Nobody: 10:41pm On Sep 18, 2020
PearlStreet:

Enyinne, just shut up and stop behaving like an animal. You have never contributed anything sensible here and basic questions, you can't even answer. Abeg, get out of here.
Enyinne you don suffer o grin. They say you are behaving like an animal o. Coming from someone that sounds like a frustrated human being o grin
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Nobody: 10:52pm On Sep 18, 2020
Is any sane thread left on NL.

3 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by topsquino(m): 12:11am On Sep 19, 2020
Lazyyouth4u:

Enyinne you don suffer o grin. They say you are behaving like an animal o. Coming from someone that sounds like a frustrated human being o grin

Bro, I understand your perspective
But for the sake of this thread, please let it slide

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (1545) (1546) (1547) (1548) (1549) (1550) (1551) ... (2240) (Reply)

Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.