Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,579 members, 7,820,089 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 09:32 AM

Treasury Bills In Nigeria - Investment (1610) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Treasury Bills In Nigeria (4446232 Views)

Fixed Deposits Or Treasury Bills, Which Is Better? / Fixed Deposit And Treasury Bill Investments From Abroad / I Need Information On Treasury Bills In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1607) (1608) (1609) (1610) (1611) (1612) (1613) ... (2229) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by emmanuelewumi(m): 7:34pm On Oct 18, 2020
A member of this thread who has a poultry lost almost 400 birds due to heat in traffic between ibadan and Shagamu

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by ahiboilandgas: 7:36pm On Oct 18, 2020
emmanuelewumi:

I went through hell coming from ikorodu to my house on Friday. A journey of less than 1 hour took me 12 hours.

Very crazy
my drivers are trapped for over 18 hrs around alapere from coconuts to shagamu 2 days ....horrible ...

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by ahiboilandgas: 7:37pm On Oct 18, 2020
emmanuelewumi:
A member of this thread who has a poultry lost almost 400 birds due to heat in traffic between ibadan and Shagamu
whooa now that chicks are around 450 naira per 1
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by emmanuelewumi(m): 7:40pm On Oct 18, 2020
ahiboilandgas:
whooa now that chicks are around 450 naira per 1

What about the potential income loss. These are chickens he planned to sell at a minimum of N1000 during Christmas period in 8 weeks time

2 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by ojesymsym: 8:06pm On Oct 18, 2020
This has been a year. The story of 2020 will continue to be told many years from now.

We have lived this far, may God continue to protect us.

6 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Indigbo: 8:07pm On Oct 18, 2020
What's the current rate of Treasury Bills now?
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by jedisco(m): 8:10pm On Oct 18, 2020
ILuvMerije:

Please, can you enlighten us on investing in agrotech firms? Thank you

There's quite some unsettled dust currently in agrotech more so with the default of Thrive Agric which was one of the biggest players. G
Fact is that it's still a relatively new and unregulated sector hence high risk. That said, there are still some gems there. I made some posts about this on the agrotech thread not too long ago. I'd like to quote some here but the anti-spambot is likely to pick on it...

The summary was to hold on for a while (upto 6 months to see where things are headed) or if investing now was to choose those who have not defaulted for a while and who have good evidence of significant investment in agriculture or those who their products well available.

Not holding fort for any as one should thread with caution, but for now, Agropartnerships and Farm 360 will be on top of my list should I want to reinvest. A visit to their media page shows evidence of significant investment and they've been paying so far.
Also, Farmsponsor isn't doing badly but can be difficult getting a slot. That said, there are other smaller firms there who so far have not done badly
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by talk2tonie: 8:17pm On Oct 18, 2020
Indigbo:
What's the current rate of Treasury Bills now?

91 days @ 1%
182 days @ 1%
364 days @ 2%
Happy investing... grin

5 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by TotoNaRubber: 9:34pm On Oct 18, 2020
With the stories of Endsars going global, there are speculation of possible instability for the country "Nigeria", some are saying the country may divide before the next 2023 general elections.

My questions are ;
1. Is this a right time to buy/sell properties in Nigerian states that are not of your origin like Lagos ?
2. What are your exit plan for people who invested in Long term bonds like 2027, 2037 etc.
3. Do you think division of the country is imminent ?

2 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by TransAtlanticEx(m): 9:53pm On Oct 18, 2020
TotoNaRubber:
With the stories of Endsars going global, there are speculation of possible instability for the country "Nigeria", some are saying the country may divide before the next 2023 general elections.

My questions are ;
1. Is this a right time to buy/sell properties in Nigerian states that are not of your origin like Lagos ?
2. What are your exit plan for people who invested in Long term bonds like 2027, 2037 etc.
I'm sure you are smart enough to answer these questions yourself wink

3 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by arduino: 10:53pm On Oct 18, 2020
TotoNaRubber:

My questions are ;
Divide where nah.....Bros leave weed for AJ boys alone

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by gift01: 10:54pm On Oct 18, 2020
TotoNaRubber:

My questions are ;
your username

6 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by emmasoft(m): 11:01pm On Oct 18, 2020
talk2tonie:

91 days @ 1%
182 days @ 1%
364 days @ 2%
Happy investing... grin

Looking at these rates it's like we are in another world compare to just about two years back even early last year. It's well

2 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by DexterousOne(m): 11:21pm On Oct 18, 2020
TotoNaRubber:

My questions are ;

The division of this country is not going to happen

Regime Change is Highly unlikely

It's the stubbornness of that goat we have in Aso Rock that is making this matter prolong like this

A swift address to the country
And orchestrating the ouster of certain people will end this protest

A brutal example is what is needed
Buratai
The IGP
Somebody
Get a scape goat

But he and his ilk holds us in contempt
And disdain
Whether Nigeria will go to the dogs largely depends on the actions the government takes from now going forward.

That said
I no fear
Nothing dey happen
Tunisia was the birthplace of the revolt
Tunisia is still one country
And still stable
And have held elections successively since the end

8 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by maishai: 12:07am On Oct 19, 2020
TotoNaRubber:

My questions are ;

So u too bought the narrative hook , line and sinker........

Very few people understand statecraft

Nigeria can never divide, it's owners will never allow it.........

What you see happening is just careful positioning for next dispensation

2 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Diyke4rich: 5:20am On Oct 19, 2020
Out of curiosity if nigeria divide tomorrow, what will happen to people own properties and investments outsider there state,? abeg we need answer as tension they raise everyday.

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by emmanuelewumi(m): 6:00am On Oct 19, 2020
Diyke4rich:
Out of curiosity if nigeria divide tomorrow, what will happen to people own properties and investments outsider there state,? abeg we need answer as tension they raise everyday.

Sell your property. Hope I have answered your question.

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by emmanuelewumi(m): 6:07am On Oct 19, 2020
People did not lose their houses in Lagos during the civil war which happened over 50 years ago.

Subomi Balogun the founder of FCMB helped late Dr Alex Ekwueme to manage his property at Apapa during the war. He got tenants into the property, he maintained the property and kept the proceeds in the bank for almost 4 years.

After the war Ekwueme got his money back with interest.

One good turn deserves another, when Balogun wanted to start his bank in 1981. Alex Ekwueme who was then the Vice President of Nigeria, assisted his friend to get banking license for FCMB

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Iwanttoto: 6:42am On Oct 19, 2020
emmanuelewumi:
People did not lose their houses in Lagos during the civil war which happened over 50 years ago.

Subomi Balogun the founder of FCMB helped late Dr Alex Ekwueme to manage his property at Apapa during the war. He got tenants into the property, he maintained the property and kept the proceeds in the bank for almost 4 years.

One good turn deserves another, when Balogun wanted to start his bank in 1981. Alex Ekwueme who was then the Vice President of Nigeria, assisted his friend to get banking license for FCMB

Shey u be histiry teacher ni grin
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Grupo(m): 6:52am On Oct 19, 2020
emmanuelewumi:

This is a rare exception.

Many others were not as lucky as Ekwueme.

Majority of Igbos who owned properties outside their region lost almost all of their properties after the war both in Lagos and Port Harcourt.

The properties were termed abandoned properties.

This was what necessitated the popular Igbo slogan "akụ ruo uno" After the war. Which basically put it in the consciousness of every Igbo son to think home first.

Won't comment more on this issue, at least on this thread for obvious reasons.

7 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by emmanuelewumi(m): 7:03am On Oct 19, 2020
Grupo:

Majority of Igbos who owned properties outside their region lost almost all of their properties after the war both in Lagos and Port Harcourt.

This was what necessitated the popular Igbo slogan "akụ ruo uno" After the war. Which basically put it in the consciousness of every Igbo son to think home first.

Not in Lagos or any city in the South West of Nigeria.

Happened in Port Harcourt and the Northern parts of the country

Even Ojukwu got his father properties at Ikoyi which were seized by FG through the court

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by emmanuelewumi(m): 7:05am On Oct 19, 2020
Iwanttoto:

Read, read and read.

A lot of secrets, information, ideas and many more are hidden inside books.

Have a policy of reading at least 3 books in a month, it is very good for your mind

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by IamR: 7:22am On Oct 19, 2020
Grupo:

Are you sure?

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by maishai: 7:24am On Oct 19, 2020
Diyke4rich:

My dear most people fanning the embers of division are outside the borders of Nigeria........ Ask people who have lived through violence and survived it, u can never be thinking of properties in such period,u can never be battling for ur life and be thinking of ur factory or ur house, u would first want to get to safety......

2 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Cyberknight: 7:24am On Oct 19, 2020
emmanuelewumi:
[b]People did not lose their houses in Lagos during the civil war which happened over 50 years ag[/b]o.

The bolded is not quite true, my grandfather's house in Lagos was taken, and despite the fact that my father and his siblings were born in Lagos and spoke fluent Yoruba (in the 30s and 40s, you couldn't grow up in Lagos without learning Yoruba), they were unsuccessful at securing its return.
I also have a friend whose father's house was also taken.

I think Nigeria will break up eventually, but violently, alas, more Yugoslavia than Czechoslovakia. The present very incompetent government is not helping. Buhari's openly nepotistic agenda is driving us apart faster than anything else. Nigeria will fall apart, the only question is when.

This is not an outcome I want, because I don't want another war; I've seen the aftermath in places like Rwanda.

6 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by maishai: 7:27am On Oct 19, 2020
Iwanttoto:

History reveals the tools of manipulation though it is subject to the survivors bias

2 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by emmanuelewumi(m): 7:28am On Oct 19, 2020
Cyberknight:

The bolded is not quite true, my grandfather's house in Lagos was taken.
I also have a friend whose father's house was also taken.

I think Nigeria will break up eventually, but violently, alas, more Yugoslavia than Czechoslovakia. The present very incompetent government is not helping. Buhari's openly nepotistic agenda is driving us apart faster than anything else. Nigeria will fall apart, the only question is when.

This is not an outcome I want, because I don't want another war; I've seen the aftermath in places like Rwanda.

Where in Lagos? Who got the property from him? Obviously it is not Lagos State government.

Did he have any title to the property?

I lost land to Omo onile, they sold to another person who was ready to build immediately.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Cyberknight: 7:31am On Oct 19, 2020
emmanuelewumi:

Where in Lagos? Who got the property from him? Obviously it is not Lagos State government.

Did he have any title to the property?

I lost land to Omo onile, they sold to another person who was ready to build immediately.

Of course he did. But after the war, who had papers to show? The matter died a natural death in the courts, and anyway in the 70s, land was cheap so my father just bought elsewhere and life continued.

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by emmanuelewumi(m): 7:31am On Oct 19, 2020
Between 1979 and 1982, Jakande acquired undeveloped landed properties from people which he used in building low cost housing estates, public schools, hospitals, University, industrial estates etc.

These properties belonged to different people whether Christians, moslems, hausa, Igbo, yoruba

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by emmanuelewumi(m): 7:35am On Oct 19, 2020
Cyberknight:

Of course he did. But after the war, who had papers to show? The matter died a natural death in the courts, and anyway in the 70s, land was cheap so my father just bought elsewhere and life continued.

Location of this property?

Who acquired it?

Owners of properties at Jibowu, Surulere, Apapa and other parts of the city got back their properties.

Reason why it is very good to get all relevant titles and documents to your property
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Cyberknight: 7:38am On Oct 19, 2020
maishai:

My dear most people fanning the embers of division are outside the borders of Nigeria........ Ask people who have lived through violence and survived it, u can never be thinking of properties in such period,u can never be battling for ur life and be thinking of ur factory or ur house, u would first want to get to safety......

Exactly.
I've had the opportunity to work in both Ivory Coast and Rwanda (post-conflict issues) and we all know what happens when conflict burst out. Na to grab what you can and get out.

For those blithely saying that: "Oh, if Nigeria divides, you sell the land na", do you really think that the property market will assign a non-Yoruba in Lagos for example, fair or close to fair value for property they have to sell because they have become foreign nationals overnight? Really?

I own a couple of pieces of land in Lagos, which I have basically discounted, even though I am not selling, given that I really think that they could be lost to me at any point in time, because I see Nigeria falling apart at some point and I do not see Tinubu, whichever Hausa man and whichever Igbo or Niger Delta man sitting down calmly at a negotiating table to discuss the planned movement of peoples and transfer of assets across the new borders.

In such event, instead it will be India 1947 replaying on the world's TV screens.

2 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by emmanuelewumi(m): 7:39am On Oct 19, 2020
Easier losing a plot of land than losing a developed property that has an approved building plan.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (1607) (1608) (1609) (1610) (1611) (1612) (1613) ... (2229) (Reply)

Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.