Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,833 members, 7,810,208 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:50 PM

Treasury Bills In Nigeria - Investment (1613) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Treasury Bills In Nigeria (4429788 Views)

Fixed Deposits Or Treasury Bills, Which Is Better? / Fixed Deposit And Treasury Bill Investments From Abroad / I Need Information On Treasury Bills In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1610) (1611) (1612) (1613) (1614) (1615) (1616) ... (2228) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by abraolas1: 10:21am On Oct 19, 2020
ahiboilandgas:
this state structures are not producing Good result....i still think the regional govt is better...

my thought....The way we all look at the center is also affecting a lot of things....but who are the one that is meant to make that Decision NASS or the President... as for NASS they are OK with what they are enjoying so I don't see them making any move...

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by abraolas1: 10:24am On Oct 19, 2020
9jatriot:
Even though I do not know what the role of exclusive and concurrent list is for, but I can tell you for free that even if you burn that list, state governors will look for another excuse.
My proof: Portable water supply and grade b roads are not con those list, how have the states fared in both items. NO state in Nigeria (I hear Calabar has though) has the supply of portable water to their homes. Those list is one of the long list of excuses we hold on to when we want to justify our reasons for not succeeding as a nation.

well states has their issues too no doubt.... but they will still tell you they are receiving a very low amount from the federation account and they are doing all their best....the centre is not holding up well

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by ahiboilandgas: 10:36am On Oct 19, 2020
DexterousOne:

You will be surprised at how the states will function better when the exclusive and concurrent lists are burnt and discarded
Then a fresh one written up

How can the federal government that is in abuja be breathing down the neck of those in faraway Lagos, Sokoto, Yobe and Akwa Ibom?
The closer government is to the people
The more effective they are

Imagine Washington DC bearing the burden Abuja is bearing for 50 states

America would have since gone to the dogs undecided
very true it was done by yeye Military and u know military is made of progressive and d mob .....why state Lga even have here mini grids .....this useless list is anti progress.

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by ahiboilandgas: 10:40am On Oct 19, 2020
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Ikjosh04: 10:56am On Oct 19, 2020
MrMcJay:
If you are in Lagos, nothing would happen to your property. There is a reason Dangote put his refinery in Lagos and nowhere else.

If you are afraid of takeover of your property, incorporate a Company in which you're a director and transfer ownership of the property to the Company. Thereafter, process your Title from the government in the name of the Company.

Thank you! I need to bookmark this.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by DexterousOne(m): 11:04am On Oct 19, 2020
Cyberknight:

Exactly.
I've had the opportunity to work in both Ivory Coast and Rwanda (post-conflict issues) and we all know what happens when conflict burst out. Na to grab what you can and get out.

For those blithely saying that: "Oh, if Nigeria divides, you sell the land na", do you really think that the property market will assign a non-Yoruba in Lagos for example, fair or close to fair value for property they have to sell because they have become foreign nationals overnight? Really?

I own a couple of pieces of land in Lagos, which I have basically discounted, even though I am not selling, given that I really think that they could be lost to me at any point in time, because I see Nigeria falling apart at some point and I do not see Tinubu, whichever Hausa man and whichever Igbo or Niger Delta man sitting down calmly at a negotiating table to discuss the planned movement of peoples and transfer of assets across the new borders.

In such event, instead it will be India 1947 replaying on the world's TV screens.

All these wont happen though
Nigeria is not breaking up
The powers that be has sealed the country fate and thrown away the key.
Buhari presidency will come and go

The Nigerian state will remain

Hopefully after this one
We wont have divisive presidents again

3 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by maishai: 1:00pm On Oct 19, 2020
DexterousOne:

That is your own opinion and you are entitled to it
Who knows
You maybe right about the Occupy Nigeria casualties

However
I know that this one is different

What has happened is pointer to what is to come
Nothing good came easy

It's very convenient for some of us to be complicit because of the comfort we have been able to build for ourselves
But when I think of what happened to Honduras and the possibility of it happening here

I just pity all these "upper middle class people "
Because when shit hits the fan
We will be the biggest losers
The vast majority of Nigerians at this point have little to live for and #WeDieHere is the stance they have taken

So think about it while you talk about how the agitation has been in vain

Occupy Nigeria o
Every agitation will culminate into something

Oga mi......,Let me advise u, If u hear pim, say Na revolution, better run away early before you get conscripted and be waiting for UN peace keeping to come and save you........

Leave the war lords to do their battle
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Phraences: 2:20pm On Oct 19, 2020
This protest is turning into something else. I hope the protesters don't lose their advantage and goodwill.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by ahiboilandgas: 2:40pm On Oct 19, 2020
Phraences:
This protest is turning into something else. I hope the protesters don't lose their advantage and goodwill.
their serious blunders , breaking prison and attack RRS.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by NL1960: 3:37pm On Oct 19, 2020
Phraences:

Already lost. #EndSARS will be dead in Edo state by 4pm today with the curfew.

Once the #EndSARS protests was allowed to get into the inner streets of the cities, it was a lost cause because hoodlums were going to hijack it.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by ILuvMerije(f): 4:17pm On Oct 19, 2020
jedisco:

There's quite some unsettled dust currently in agrotech more so with the default of Thrive Agric which was one of the biggest players. G
Fact is that it's still a relatively new and unregulated sector hence high risk. That said, there are still some gems there. I made some posts about this on the agrotech thread not too long ago. I'd like to quote some here but the anti-spambot is likely to pick on it...

The summary was to hold on for a while (upto 6 months to see where things are headed) or if investing now was to choose those who have not defaulted for a while and who have good evidence of significant investment in agriculture or those who their products well available.

Not holding fort for any as one should thread with caution, but for now, Agropartnerships and Farm 360 will be on top of my list should I want to reinvest. A visit to their media page shows evidence of significant investment and they've been paying so far.
Also, Farmsponsor isn't doing badly but can be difficult getting a slot. That said, there are other smaller firms there who so far have not done badly

Thank you

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Grupo(m): 8:35pm On Oct 19, 2020
So some people actually believe that protesters broke prison. Smh!

How? From the videos, the prisoners were released from inside and they scaled the fence to escape. Who provided them with the leverage they needed to escape from inside?

Someone inside the prisons took advantage of the protests to perfect a job they had been hatching for long.

6 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by deepwater(f): 9:54pm On Oct 19, 2020
ahiboilandgas:
i don't think so am talking of very wealthy ibo people not poor that have transformed Ago place Ajah ,kubwa and Sabon gari ....my close friend emeka just completed his hotel in kano is called mozida another one built the kano europeans centre all this guys can afford houses in America or put down 200k dollars to migrate by investments.if it general ibo consensus then they should not be buidling those properties ?They should be selling down and moving asset to biafra land .again Nodowka a ibo man from imo has over 7 new 50 bedroom hotel within Apapa all brand new built from 2015 he probably the largest hotelier in Nigeria and must are Located in Lagos so if it a consensus by the ibo why is he still buiding since Nigeria has notting to offer .....

Quit the trash talk sir
You have no idea about ndokwa hotels nor his business strategies.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by deepwater(f): 9:55pm On Oct 19, 2020
NL1960:

Already lost. #EndSARS will be dead in Edo state by 4pm today with the curfew.

Once the #EndSARS protests was allowed to get into the inner streets of the cities, it was a lost cause because hoodlums were going to hijack it.
I.love the way u sound so confident from behind your screen
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by deepwater(f): 10:01pm On Oct 19, 2020
ahiboilandgas:
but majority .....young shall grow owns all this parks and properties Nationwide ...if I go to oyinbo and mazamaza this morning we can count over 5000 south easternrrs arriving Lagos with intentions of not going back untill they are 70 years.......what i expect is the reverse ibo moving out of Lagos and never coming back in masses not awaiting.....u waits for a confirmed fire...

Your brain didnt tell you that those buses dont leave Lagos empty.
All these NL entrepreneurs and forecaster, so this is the brain you use to provide financial advise to people here.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Tyche(m): 10:07pm On Oct 19, 2020
ahiboilandgas:
In a balakanised Nigeria all the luxury buses will be operating from Nusuka to Asaba ...cos they will need custom check and visa from middle belt republic. Then after driving to kaduna u need another visa to arewa republic ....just to buy beans and tomatos

Because that is the only source of tomatoes and beans you lying bigot?

3 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by just2endowed: 10:57pm On Oct 19, 2020
deepwater:

Your brain didnt tell you that those buses dont leave Lagos empty.
All these NL entrepreneurs and forecaster, so this is the brain you use to provide financial advise to people here.

Why are u using abusive words?

If you must counter his claim, do that logically or are you just attacking his opinion or he has something against you?

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Iwanttoto: 1:01am On Oct 20, 2020
ahiboilandgas:
south Easters will be the greatest loser on property cos the own more out their home land ...

U seem to be a tribal bigot

7 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by DexterousOne(m): 2:43am On Oct 20, 2020
maishai:

Have u done a check on the influx of other tribes into Lagos and especially Abuja.........Right now if u r looking for house help, The is a thriving industry among egun and French speaking people, If u talk fresh Veges there is a thriving industry among Northerners, If u talk of spare parts there is a thriving industry among south easterners................

Be careful of the narrative u believe, the fact that a particular tribe is dominating an area does not mean they own substantial property there.

It's not only south easterners that are seeing opportunity in Lagos

To be very honest

I am disappointed in Ahibs comments so far...

Very disappointing viewpoint

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Ibrahim505(m): 2:46am On Oct 20, 2020
Iwanttoto:

U seem to be a
lYou won't have denied this fact if you following news updates ord stay in other states.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by DexterousOne(m): 2:52am On Oct 20, 2020
Cyberknight:

And who are these so called "other" Nigerians, and show me the investments they have in other regions outside their own apart from Lagos and Abuja.

For the rest:
Because they don't want to.
Because they buy into the federal government's policy of suppressing development in the east by denying it serious infrastructure.
Because they too are ethnic bigots who do not see why they should "develop" someone else's land.
And as for Dangote's decision to site a refinery in Lagos, had there been any serious port infrastructure development in the ND/east as there should be or a reasonable prospect thereof, that decision would have lacked economic sense.

This is a sensitive topic thay irks a lot of igbo folks

I get it cheesy grin

But the major truth is...
There are those who are not of SE origin that own properties and businesses in the South East.
I can vouch for Anambra and imo states

So that narrative that some like to build in their heads
Or spread

That no one wants to invest there
Is just laughable

That said
Like one of you rightly said
As the buses are loading to Lagos
They are also loading out of Lagos

So many of them are based in onitsha and they come to pick their goods in Lagos
Or they have stuff from the east that they come to sell in Lagos and then leave

Take night bus to Lagos
Show up in the morning
Pick up your goods
Then you are out

Or done in the reverse
Take the early morning bus from onitsha to Lagos
Land in trade fair
Connect with your supplier /customer
Conclude your business
And then leave in the night bus heading back to onitsha

This is the routine for a lot of igbo men who you see in Lagos
Assuming there were alternative viable ports
The frequency would be reduced

9 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by DexterousOne(m): 2:55am On Oct 20, 2020
That said

I think many of us are just being hysterical sha
Nigeria is NOT going to cave in or disintegrate

If the fallout of June 12 or the civil war did not cave the country
Nothing can

But what we are really at risk of, is unrest from the masses due to the increased suffering due to bad leadership
But this unrest does not have the wherewithal to snowball into what will scatter the country totally to the point of disintegration

That's why the Buhari govt should surprise us and change course
For the betterment of the country

3 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by IamDavid(m): 6:06am On Oct 20, 2020
ahiboilandgas:
their serious blunders , breaking prison and attack RRS.
It's really saddening to see comments like this. You think protesters will break into a prison and free inmates?... Come on, wise up. Grow up. Don't fall for cheap tricks. All those stuffs happening is just government's agenda to tarnish the image of protesters... Initially I thought it won't work on anyone, but sadly, few people like you have refused to see beyond what they show you.

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by deepwater(f): 6:43am On Oct 20, 2020
just2endowed:

Why are u using abusive words?

If you must counter his claim, do that logically or are you just attacking his opinion or he has something against you?

Dont be silly son
Show me the abusive words

At your ages here, you shouldn't be found online making and taking swipes on other people tribe.

This is a man that claims to sell petroleum product that is not even obtained from the lands of his tribe. I am ashamed to see you all make some degrading statements about peoples tribe and think it is just normal.

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by ahiboilandgas: 6:52am On Oct 20, 2020
IamDavid:

It's really saddening to see comments like this. You think protesters will break into a prison and free inmates?... Come on, wise up. Grow up. Don't fall for cheap tricks. All those stuffs happening is just government's agenda to tarnish the image of protesters... Initially I thought it won't work on anyone, but sadly, few people like you have refused to see beyond what they show you.
https://www.nairaland.com/6192314/hoodlums-loot-truck-load-coca-cola#95111632
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Cyberknight: 6:56am On Oct 20, 2020
IamDavid:

Very true, I definitely don't believe any jailbreak was the work of the protesters
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by ahiboilandgas: 6:57am On Oct 20, 2020
deepwater:

Dont be silly son

At your ages here, you shouldn't be found online making and taking swipes on other people tribe.

This is a man that claims to sell petroleum product that is not even obtained from the lands of his tribe. I am ashamed to see you all make some degrading statements about peoples tribe and think it is just normal.

there notting wrong in Migrating for economic reason Dangote Migrated from kano in the 70 ,I migrated to Lagos in 2013 like many other.....out side economic oppurntiies who would move to Lagos to live....south easternrrs have a lot of shops in Lagos and lot of new apprenticeship boys., this not tribalism......Former Fct minister said ibos own 65 property in Abuja is this a bad thing or insulting like a lot of northeastern form the bulk of migrants to Lagos recently (bornu and yobe ) ...

2 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by aviona: 7:11am On Oct 20, 2020
I am short of words to describe my disappointment in some comments here. Most notably those from Mr Ahiboilandgas.
How then on God's green earth can Nigerians truly be one and united, when it's filled with individuals with a sickening mindset like this.

Waking up to read these views here, my conclusion is this:

A wealthy man is truly not one with all the money and investments scattered here and there. Trust me, (you may not understand this truth) with this kind of mental disposition, you are actually wallowing in poverty, even with all your millions in whatever currency.

Regards

13 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by ahiboilandgas: 7:14am On Oct 20, 2020
Tyche:

Because that is the only source of tomatoes and beans you lying bigot?
dont look at it that way am imagining how a balakanised Nation will be like Yugoslavia.....example is A person from Arewa republic want to take cattle to south south federation he has to obtain visa to middle belt republics,to biafra republic and permit to cross 2 Nations and change currency several to get to destination....to obtain plantains from benin the arewa republic has to covert currency currency and open Lc since plauntain dont grow there .....
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by ahiboilandgas: 7:18am On Oct 20, 2020
deepwater:

Dont be silly son

Moving for economic reasons is now degrading statements or owing properties out side ur home land ? Which
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by ahiboilandgas: 7:22am On Oct 20, 2020
aviona:
I am short of words to describe my disappointment in some comments here. Most notably those from Mr Ahiboilandgas.
How then on God's green earth can Nigerians truly be one and united, when it's filled with individuals with a sickening mindset like this.

Waking up to read these views here, my conclusion is this:

A wealthy man is truly not one with all the money and investments scattered here and there. Trust me, (you may not understand this truth) with this kind of mental disposition, you are actually wallowing in poverty, even with all your millions in whatever currency.

Regards
i don't lie Nigeria is not a United country and was never United since 1960 but citizens tolerate each other ....may it might be united in future but right now is not ....Nigerians are more attached to their ethnic groupings
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by IamDavid(m): 7:59am On Oct 20, 2020
ahiboilandgas:
https://www.nairaland.com/6192314/hoodlums-loot-truck-load-coca-cola#95111632
This can happen any day. There are touts and extremely poor people all around Nigeria, who would do anything to "eat". The hoodlums are not part of the protesters seeking a reform of the police and a better Nigeria overall. Personally, I know so many people who aren't poor, I mean having from hundreds of thousands to several millions in their bank account who are actively involved in these protests. I'm involved in the protests too. Are you telling me such people will go ahead and loot a Coca Cola truck?? Come on na...

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (1610) (1611) (1612) (1613) (1614) (1615) (1616) ... (2228) (Reply)

Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.