Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,671 members, 7,816,759 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 04:35 PM

Treasury Bills In Nigeria - Investment (1714) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Treasury Bills In Nigeria (4438869 Views)

Fixed Deposits Or Treasury Bills, Which Is Better? / Fixed Deposit And Treasury Bill Investments From Abroad / I Need Information On Treasury Bills In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1711) (1712) (1713) (1714) (1715) (1716) (1717) ... (2229) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by abraolas1: 8:16pm On Dec 15, 2020
DexterousOne:

I concur
Anyone who buys Zenithbank at current prices is SURE to get a 9-10% dividend return in April (and as side bonus, some capital appreciation too )

However Zenith may drop in Jan/Feb (not so likely; but it is possible, hence anyone buying then may get a higher dividend yield then)
But a 9-10% return in less than 6 months is not such a bad idea if you ask me

thanks for this will be looking at the dip
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by ukay2: 8:17pm On Dec 15, 2020
DexterousOne:

We seem to have similar investment objectives

Slow and steady investments win always.

I introduced a friend to NSE...he bought Dangcem at N130, sold at N160 and japaa

When Dangcem reached N200...he started regretting why he sold at N160.

I told him in stock market, when your tummy is full, you sell and go away; not looking back to avoid pillar of salts effect of Lots' family.

10 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by DexterousOne(m): 8:18pm On Dec 15, 2020
abraolas1:

thanks for this will be looking at the dip
Sure
And make sure you sort out your e div mandate with Veritas if you already have not

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by zamirikpo(m): 8:23pm On Dec 15, 2020
Hello guys, @ahib, we see these guys every time,they come and go. The regulars would never engage in meaningless banters. Pls ignore the smally and let's move. Nigerias wahala is more than enough. The battle is agaisnt poverty, bad govt and mediocrity.

Compliments of the season to you and my other ogas
@awesomej, @Emma,@ukay2,@ totonarubber,@igbizim
@Grupo,@ositadinma1.

9 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by DexterousOne(m): 8:25pm On Dec 15, 2020
ukay2:

Slow and steady investments win always.

I introduced a friend to NSE...he bought Dangcem at N130, sold at N160 and japaa

When Dangcem reached N200...he started regretting why he sold at N160.

I told him in stock market, when your tummy is full, you sell and go away; not looking back to avoid pillar of salts effect of Lots' family.
I like the way you put it.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by ukay2: 8:31pm On Dec 15, 2020
DexterousOne:

I like the way you put it.

At an average price of N130 for Dangcem, I will continue to enjoy the N16 dividend payments (12.3% dividend yield) and possibly increase in dividend payments in the next 3-5years. Capital appreciation already is jara on top of the investment.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by DexterousOne(m): 8:32pm On Dec 15, 2020
ukay2:

At an average price of N130 for Dangcem, I will continue to enjoy the N16 dividend payments (12.3% dividend yield) and possibly increase in dividend payments in the next 3-5years. Capital appreciation already is jara on top of the investment.

That's awesome
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Nobody: 8:43pm On Dec 15, 2020
zamirikpo:
Hello guys, @ahib, we see these guys every time,they come and go. The regulars would never engage in meaningless banters. Pls ignore the smally and let's move. Nigerias wahala is more than enough. The battle is agaisnt poverty, bad govt and mediocrity.

@Grupo,@ositadinma1.

Who is this one calling smally? Oga abeg o. This na faceless forum and you have no idea who is behind these monikers you see here o.

Compliments of the season to you too grin
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by megastarkels: 9:10pm On Dec 15, 2020
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by ahiboilandgas: 9:12pm On Dec 15, 2020
zamirikpo:

@Grupo,@ositadinma1.

long time bros u disappeared now thread been disturbed by person suffering from from psychosis ......we are still waiting for the non Audio sector he operates in outside the BBN analyst, theories and fail YouTube music adventure ....

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by ahiboilandgas: 9:13pm On Dec 15, 2020
Lazyyouth4u:

Who is this one calling smally? Oga abeg o. This na faceless forum and you have no idea who is behind these monikers you see here o.

small hungry boy for that matter that can travel to benin and asaba for free lodging and food bonanza......men stay with their families during Xmas

9 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Tobex4realTobex234(m): 10:12pm On Dec 15, 2020
I am strictly into foreign stocks but I have been reading up on the local stock market based off Dexter's and Emma's posts here.

I just want to confirm if the dividends on local stocks are also taxed. Like NYSE, we are taxed 30%.

Secondly, for a stock like Zenith, is the dividend paid quarterly?
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Nobody: 10:43pm On Dec 15, 2020
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Nobody: 10:49pm On Dec 15, 2020
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Nobody: 11:03pm On Dec 15, 2020
grin
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Ibrahim505(m): 11:07pm On Dec 15, 2020
ahiboilandgas:
long time bros u disappeared now thread been disturbed by person suffering from from psychosis ......we are still waiting for the non Audio sector he operates in outside the BBN analyst, theories and fail YouTube music adventure ....

Those who succeeded with YouTube music are individuals that are richer than their basic needs but, this one is still struggling to feed. Following BBN is just a time wastage for unemployed lazyouth. You could have employed and trained him on truck driving but, this evil guy may deliberately crushed roadside vendors with the truck.

2 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Nobody: 11:12pm On Dec 15, 2020
Ibrahim505:

Those who succeeded with YouTube music are individuals that are richer than their basic needs but, this one is still struggling to feed. Following BBN is just a time wastage for unemployed lazyouth. You could have employed and trained him on truck driving but, this evil guy may deliberately crushed roadside vendors with the truck.

You want a reaction? Sorry tribalists and religious bigots on NL are not worth responding to.

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by zamirikpo(m): 12:00am On Dec 16, 2020
ahiboilandgas:

My boss......

I've been really busy with business , my house project and day trading ,I just lost track of this thread.

I've taken a break for the yuletide though.

Just calm down with these faceless attention seekers....we've been here b4.

I know I've missed alot of solid info and gist. But am back,let's do the good stuff,leave lazy people grin grin

7 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by igbizen(m): 12:06am On Dec 16, 2020
ahiboilandgas:
can any of your generation pay 20,000 euro for.msc in Ireland? If u can then u will not be so so desperate to accept online invitation for food and drink from stranger in far away benin and delta
Far away?
Do you know where he stays?
Not everybody stays in Lagos....stop referring to other state as far away, as if they are suffering. embarassed

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by zamirikpo(m): 12:07am On Dec 16, 2020
Lazyyouth4u:

Bros pls calm down, ull gain nothing from all this faceless and voiceless banters. We are here to learn from each other and grow our individual porfolios,whether big,small or medium.

Everybody can type derogatory lines but the battle is against poor living conditions, bad economy and bad govt. So .....FOCUS....

2 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by zamirikpo(m): 12:09am On Dec 16, 2020
igbizen:

Far away?
Do you know where he stays?
Not everybody stays in Lagos....stop referring to other state as far away, as if they are suffering. embarassed

Some people just like wahala........asaba is far away for him nah, haba.....

Like lagos is far away from me too.....hmmm.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by emmanuelewumi(m): 4:01am On Dec 16, 2020
ukay2:

You really understand this game and business, where did you learn all these?

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by emmanuelewumi(m): 4:03am On Dec 16, 2020
ahiboilandgas:
small hungry boy for that matter that can travel to benin and asaba for free lodging and food bonanza......men stay with their families during Xmas

Please let us put an end to this and avoid fights that won't add to our account balance or increase our networth.

Thank you

6 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by emmanuelewumi(m): 4:04am On Dec 16, 2020
Tobex4realTobex234:
I am strictly into foreign stocks but I have been reading up on the local stock market based off Dexter's and Emma's posts here.

I just want to confirm if the dividends on local stocks are also taxed. Like NYSE, we are taxed 30%.

You will pay withholding tax of 10% on your dividends

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by abraolas1: 4:09am On Dec 16, 2020
DexterousOne:

Sure
And make sure you sort out your e div mandate with Veritas if you already have not

I use Trove and United Capital ....
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Manwarrior55: 4:42am On Dec 16, 2020

9 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Nobody: 6:10am On Dec 16, 2020
Manwarrior55:

Faceless forum or not from how you talk it’s obvious you’re a kid.

No worry ASUU go soon call off strike so you can go back to your school and brag.

This is a learning platform for some of us and it’s not appropriate for you to disrespect people here.

Who be this one? You sef wan talk. Only an idiot will read my posts and think I am a student waiting for ASUU. You better humble yourself and learn from the words that I write here for free.

Meanwhile, I wanted to go hard on you but I realize that like my moniker, you are a lazy youth in real life. Try upgrade from lyric videos on YouTube sha before you can insult a lazy youth moniker.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by igbizen(m): 8:33am On Dec 16, 2020
At last there is peace.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Manwarrior55: 8:34am On Dec 16, 2020

9 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by DexterousOne(m): 9:04am On Dec 16, 2020
abraolas1:

I use Trove and United Capital ....

You need to fill an e dividend mandate form to get your dividends from Zenith
Veritas is the registrars for Zenith
Thats why I said you shoulf sort yourself out with them

I hope you understand where I am coming from

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by DexterousOne(m): 9:05am On Dec 16, 2020
Tobex4realTobex234:

10% WHT is what you pay on dividends
You will get the net amount

For Zenirh (and a couple of banks anyways)
Dividends is paid typically twice in a year
An interim dividend
And a final dividend
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by RedScorpion(f): 9:21am On Dec 16, 2020
OgogoroFreak:
Orna wan turn investment thread to Ogogoro Joint ?

Because I need to drink Ogogoro and Kill myself

(1) (2) (3) ... (1711) (1712) (1713) (1714) (1715) (1716) (1717) ... (2229) (Reply)

Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts

Viewing this topic: okenzo22 and 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.