Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,537 members, 7,819,919 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 06:47 AM

Treasury Bills In Nigeria - Investment (1737) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Treasury Bills In Nigeria (4446033 Views)

Fixed Deposits Or Treasury Bills, Which Is Better? / Fixed Deposit And Treasury Bill Investments From Abroad / I Need Information On Treasury Bills In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1734) (1735) (1736) (1737) (1738) (1739) (1740) ... (2229) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by richforever123: 3:51pm On Jan 09, 2021
Lazyyouth4u:

No they are not. It clearly states that they are not. Do you work for them?

Chief, Risevest is registered, I checked them up previously, but I used the wrong code

They may not be the best, but they are doing a good job and very transparent in their dealing

Please use a Non-biased mind to judge them, you can join their telegram group and monitor them while asking relevant questions

Thanks
Rich Forever

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by OgogoroFreak(m): 4:05pm On Jan 09, 2021
Akin3891:
Ogogoro, wht do you think is going on with beetcc, that shit keeps flying high everyday. Just when you thought you've missed the train, it keeps giving you reasons to join it. I keep regreting not keeping the ones I got some years back, i would have made a fortune by now.
Honesty, I don't know o. My money just keeps quadrupling grin from 1btc = $5,000 to 1btc now = $43,000 and counting. The profit is like a lie.

I'm cashing out little by little to spread my investment so I don't get drowned/lost in profit cos I know the price must surely come down but this particular happening is strange. I just don't want to empty my b1tcoin account.

I have sold some and invested heavily in Risevest, piggyvest, opay, and now trying to trade USA stocks using bamboo.

Not scared of losing the millions I put in these fintech apps. Afterall, all the money came from the impossible b1tcoin profit this period.

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Donbrig: 4:59pm On Jan 09, 2021
Interesting... I didn't know people could become scared of making huge profits in an investment they entered to make profits.

OgogoroFreak:
Honesty, I don't know o. My money just keeps quadrupling grin from 1btc = $5,000 to 1btc now = $43,000. The profit is like a lie.

I'm cashing out little by little to spread my investment so I don't get drowned in profit cos I know the price must surely come down but this particular happening is really strange. I just don't want to empty my b1tcoin account.

I have sold some and invested heavily in Risevest, piggyvest, opay, and now trying to trade USA stocks using bamboo.

Not scared of losing the millions I put in these fintech apps. Afterall, all the money came from the impossible b1tcoin profit this period.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by OgogoroFreak(m): 5:12pm On Jan 09, 2021
Hustler20:
Please, someone should help me with any amount of Bitcoin I can sell to get money for my school resumption... Please. Resorting to this is my only option. Somebody should help me please. My wallet address is below;

1PFpmQDFtM59mUGH64k96v4THhkMb2Csmm
B1tcoin is more valuable than gold and diamond right now. Why ask for B1tcoin and not cash?

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Chimaokigwe: 5:17pm On Jan 09, 2021
OgogoroFreak:

Seems you don't value your privacy. At least, protect the privacy of the lady.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by OgogoroFreak(m): 5:33pm On Jan 09, 2021
Chimaokigwe:

Seems you don't value your privacy. At least, protect the privacy of the lady.
You concluded that was me?
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Nobody: 5:35pm On Jan 09, 2021
richforever123:

Chief, Risevest is registered, I checked them up previously, but I used the wrong code

They may not be the best, but they are doing a good job and very transparent in their dealing

Please use a Non-biased mind to judge them, you can join their telegram group and monitor them while asking relevant questions

Thanks
Rich Forever

Okay I see. But note the statement below from the US Investment Advisers Act. Basically, as long as they are making full disclosures to their investors, it is up to the investors to do their DD on the managers they are selecting. Registration with the US SEC does not mean a stamp of approval of their experience or qualifications to advise clients/manage/invest funds. You have to be very careful.

Good luck and hope it works out for you but I still have my reservations on their experience and ability to invest retail funds.

‘‘Unlike the laws of many other countries, the U.S. federal securities laws do not prescribe minimum experience or qualification requirements for persons providing investment advice. They do not establish maximum fees that advisers may charge. Nor do they preclude advisers from having substantial conflicts of interest that might adversely affect the objectivity of the advice they provide. Rather, investors have the responsibility, based on disclosure they receive, for selecting their own advisers, negotiating their own fee arrangements, and evaluating their advisers’ conflicts’’

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Nobody: 5:35pm On Jan 09, 2021
OgogoroFreak:
B1tcoin is more valuable than gold and diamond right now. Why ask for B1tcoin and not cash?

It's because of security reasons... Dropping my details here...

But, should I send you a pm?
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by OgogoroFreak(m): 5:40pm On Jan 09, 2021
Hustler20:

It's because of security reasons... Dropping my details here...

But, should I send you a pm?
No!

Your nairaland Monica is new. I don't give new guys on nairaland with little post any financial assistance.

All your posts on nairaland is just you begging left, right and center. Na so life easy?

But, you can paste your account details here on this thread though. Someone else might help or I just might change my mind. Who knows? Cos, I am 99.9% sure you won't be getting a dime from me.

4 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Tochex101(m): 5:55pm On Jan 09, 2021
OgogoroFreak:
No!

Your nairaland Monica is new. I don't give new guys on nairaland with little post any financial assistance.

All your posts on nairaland is just you begging left, right and center. Na so life easy?

But, you can paste your account here on this thread though. Someone else might help or I just might change my mind. Who knows?
You’ll encourage miscreants to spam this thread....

5 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by OgogoroFreak(m): 6:02pm On Jan 09, 2021
Tochex101:

You’ll encourage miscreants to spam this thread....
Even though I don't understand what you meant. Is it not better they spam and get banned?
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Nobody: 6:12pm On Jan 09, 2021
OgogoroFreak:
No!

But, you can paste your account details here on this thread though. Someone else might help or I just might change my mind. Who knows? Cos, I am 99.9% sure you won't be getting a dime from me.

I opened this new account sometimes back when I was seeking for a medical advice. You could check for the topic.

All the post you see requesting for assistance is just today and no one has come through... Yes, I know life isn't easy and that's why I have to resort to do what I hate with passion... Trust me, I've considered other options like student loan but couldn't find any...

It's okay if you don't believe me... I know the kind of world we are in.... I guess I have to stop doing this as it seems no one is going to believe me... It's well...
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by OgogoroFreak(m): 6:24pm On Jan 09, 2021
Hustler20:

I opened this new account sometimes back when I was seeking for a medical advice. You could check for the topic.

All the post you see requesting for assistance is just today and no one has come through... Yes, I know life isn't easy and that's why I have to resort to do what I hate with passion... Trust me, I've considered other options like student loan but couldn't find any...

It's okay if you don't believe me... I know the kind of world we are in.... I guess I have to stop doing this as it seems no one is going to believe me... It's well...
Haven't you heard about the word "WORK"? Yes, work! angry That's exactly what the people you are begging are working with. I suggest you do the same. Begging is not the way to go about it at all.

We work and invest here. No time for caricature on this thread.

12 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Donbrig: 7:34pm On Jan 09, 2021
It is not a bad thing to ask for financial assistance anywhere, though January is a very wrong month to ask for financial help, because January is a hard month and many investors are busy strategizing for the months ahead.

And our entitlement mentality also makes it difficult to help some Nigerians. Nobody owes you anything, work hard with integrity and honesty and pray fervently to God, you definitely gonna make it to your dream destination someday.

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by jedisco(m): 8:22pm On Jan 09, 2021
OgogoroFreak:
Honesty, I don't know o. My money just keeps quadrupling grin from 1btc = $5,000 to 1btc now = $43,000 and counting. The profit is like a lie.

I'm cashing out little by little to spread my investment so I don't get drowned/lost in profit cos I know the price must surely come down but this particular happening is strange. I just don't want to empty my b1tcoin account.

This move has left everyone in awe... The funny thing is that certain fundamental metrics seem to point towards more upside eventually but a pullback may be in the offing.

What's more scary is E1TH... It seems like only a matter of time before it also breaks it's all thime high... And in this market once a major does that, 100% is almost guaranteed.... I've got fiat aside waiting patiently, if it pullsback to around 600-700, I'd take it otherwise, I'd get in on the break of all-time high and ride it to 3k at least.
What I'm still struggling with is what it's little brothers will do if it doubles its value. Already, we've had a sneak peak of that this week and a good number seem to be creeping towards their all time high too.....seems 2017 may repeat itself.

I'm treading carefully so I don't give back profits made... This market is scary.

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by 1kinggy(m): 11:40pm On Jan 09, 2021
Donbrig:

Interesting... I didn't know people could become scared of making huge profits in an investment they entered to make profits.

His signature said he's down and has nothing more to fear.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by 1kinggy(m): 11:41pm On Jan 09, 2021
jedisco:

This move has left everyone in awe... The funny thing is that certain fundamental metrics seem to point towards more upside eventually but a pullback may be in the offing.

What's more scary is E1TH... It seems like only a matter of time before it also breaks it's all thime high... And in this market once a major does that, 100% is almost guaranteed.... I've got fiat aside waiting patiently, if it pullsback to around 600-700, I'd take it otherwise, I'd get in on the break of all-time high and ride it to 3k at least.
What I'm still struggling with is what it's little brothers will do if it doubles its value. Already, we've had a sneak peak of that this week and a good number seem to be creeping towards their all time high too.....seems 2017 may repeat itself.

I'm treading carefully so I don't give back profits made... This market is scary.

I won't go below 1000. If it does, it's going to be the eventual crash.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by jedisco(m): 12:01am On Jan 10, 2021
1kinggy:

I won't go below 1000. If it does, it's going to be the eventual crash.

Hehe... I wouldn't talk in absolutes even though it's likely a parabola is approaching... This market moves quickly. A drop below 1000 is just 15-20% below... That can easily be achieved in 15 mins. It's a volatile market. It just broke out of the 600-700 resistance cluster. A retest of that zone as support would still be bullish except if it fails. It's not every week a major moves 60-70%

Barely 2 weeks ago, 1000 for it would have seemed like a tall ask and most thought a1ts were dead. I remember telling someone here that the market flows in circles and a1ts would have their time. When the general sentiment is strongly in one direction, that's usually when the market turns whether at tops or bottoms.

It's a bull market and so dips will be bought up quickly until a blow-off top. This market usually repeats history quite well and we can learn alot by looking back. In past bull runs, there are usually steep retracements and even steeper buy ups. So far, we've not seen any significant one.

A pullback should come, most folks would get scared and panic sell thinking that was the top, then it'd start rising and they'd buy back higher than they sold. It may repeat that until folks become so lax such that when the
real blow-offf top happens, most will still be confident it'd retrace and they'd keep holding until they loose all their profits... Ask the class of 2017 how that felt.

2 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Comeandcollect: 9:22am On Jan 10, 2021
since i've seen bitcoin being sold on Nairaland, it has been selling between N460/N500 even when I bitcoin was sold FOR $7,000 and now it's been sold for $41,000 it still sell around N500 per dollar, does this mean if you buy one whole bitcoin on Nairaland you get to pay N5,000,000 ? Meanwhile Abokifx is quoting bitcoin at N19,500,000.

Anyone who fully understands the dynamics of bitcoin can throw more light on this.

jedisco:

Hehe... I wouldn't talk in absolutes even though it's likely a parabola is approaching... This market moves quickly. A drop below 1000 is just 15-20% below... That can easily be achieved in 15 mins. It's a volatile market. It just broke out of the 600-700 resistance cluster. A retest of that zone as support would still be bullish except if it fails. It's not every week a major moves 60-70%

Barely 2 weeks ago, 1000 for it would have seemed like a tall ask and most thought a1ts were dead. I remember telling someone here that the market flows in circles and a1ts would have their time. When the general sentiment is strongly in one direction, that's usually when the market turns whether at tops or bottoms.

It's a bull market and so dips will be bought up quickly until a blow-off top. This market usually repeats history quite well and we can learn alot by looking back. In past bull runs, there are usually steep retracements and even steeper buy ups. So far, we've not seen any significant one.

A pullback should come, most folks would get scared and panic sell thinking that was the top, then it'd start rising and they'd buy back higher than they sold. It may repeat that until folks become so lax such that when the
real blow-offf top happens, most will still be confident it'd retrace and they'd keep holding until they loose all their profits... Ask the class of 2017 how that felt.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by einsteine(m): 9:38am On Jan 10, 2021
Comeandcollect:
since i've seen bitcoin being sold on Nairaland, it has been selling between N460/N500 even when I bitcoin was sold FOR $7,000 and now it's been sold for $41,000 it still sell around N500 per dollar, does this mean if you buy one whole bitcoin on Nairaland you get to pay N5,000,000 ? Meanwhile Abokifx is quoting bitcoin at N19,500,000.

Anyone who fully understands the dynamics of bitcoin can throw more light on this.

The 460-500 is per dollar worth of bitcoin. To get the Naira value, multiply the 460-500 by 41000.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by jedisco(m): 12:05pm On Jan 10, 2021
Comeandcollect:
since i've seen b1tco1n being sold on Nairaland, it has been selling between N460/N500 even when I b1tco1n was sold FOR $7,000 and now it's been sold for $41,000 it still sell around N500 per dollar, does this mean if you buy one whole bitcoin on Nairaland you get to pay N5,000,000 ? Meanwhile Abokifx is quoting b1tco1n at N19,500,000.

Anyone who fully understands the dynamics of b1tco1n can throw more light on this.

Just like @einsteine said above, I will add 2 things...

1. Just like most international traded commodities/securities suvh as gold, silver, oil e.t.c most folks who trade it follow it's value in dollars for uniformity. It's value in naira or any local currency would be a based on the dollar value of the assest and how that currency converts to the dolar at any given time.
For example, if one unit is 42000 dollars, it's value in naira is = 42000x 470 (exchange rate). We know that the exchange rate of the naira is all over the place so following the value in naira also has that extra volatility.

Now, to what I believe is confusing you. One b1tco1n can be divided into much smaller units. So if the value of one is 20million naira, and you buy a sum of 1 million, what youre buying is 0.05 b1tco1n.

2. I wouldn't absolutely stay off buying anything from nairaland. There are regulated and safe exchanges which are readily available. What you may be sold here may just be nothing
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by stevemims(m): 12:43pm On Jan 10, 2021
Kindly give examples of the bolded. Thanks.
jedisco:

Just like @einsteine said above, I will add 2 things...

1. Just like most international traded commodities/securities suvh as hold, oil e.t.c most folks who trade it follow it's value in dollars for uniformity. It's value in naira or any local currency would be a based on how that currency converts to the dolar.
For example, if one unit is 42000 dollars, it's value in naira is = 42000x 470 (exchange rate). We know that the exchange rate of the naira is all over the place so following the value in naira also has that extra volatility.

Now, to what I believe is confusing you. One b1tco1n can be divided into much smaller units. So if the value of one is 20million naira, and you buy a sum of 1 million, what youre buying is 0.05 b1tco1n.

2. I wouldn't absolutely stay off buying anything from nairaland. There are regulated and safe exchanges which are readily available. What you may be sold here may just be nothing
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by jedisco(m): 1:16pm On Jan 10, 2021
stevemims:
Kindly give examples of the bolded. Thanks.

Examples I'd give are Lun0, B1nance, Bundle... They all have apps on the mobile app stores which are quite robust.

For a new entrants, I'd say Bundle is the easiest to use and payout to your bank account in naira is pretty fast. It works off B1nance in a way which gives added liquidity but makes the process pretty smooth. Also their fees are not soo high. B1nance is pretty much the most robust and liquid one there. Has a 'lite' mode as the trading features can get new folks confused. Its also the cheapest interms of trading fees. Lun0 has been available the longest in Nigeria but their fees are relatively the highest and the unavailability of a stable coyn (one priced against the dollar whose price doesn't fluctuate) there makes it less favourable. Also, there's much less liquidity there which can be tiring.

That said, it's not advisable to keep your coyns on exchanges for a long time. Exchanges are like a market place where people come to buy and sell. If keeping for long, it's advisable to get a secure private wallet (preferably hardware) where you can transfer coyns to after buying off exchanges and transfer them back when you need to sell. Most hardware wallets are about the size of a hard drive and can hold an almost infinite value of coyns in your pocket.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by stevemims(m): 2:08pm On Jan 10, 2021
This is quite clear! Thanks.
jedisco:

Examples I'd give are Lun0, B1nance, Bundle... They all have apps on the mobile app stores which are quite robust.

For a new entrants, I'd say Bundle is the easiest to use and payout to your bank account in naira is pretty fast. It works off B1nance in a way which gives added liquidity but makes the process pretty smooth. Also their fees are not soo high. B1nance is pretty much the most robust and liquid one there. Has a 'lite' mode as the trading features can get new folks confused. Its also the cheapest interms of trading fees. Lun0 has been available the longest in Nigeria but their fees are relatively the highest and the unavailability of a stable coyn (one priced against the dollar whose price doesn't fluctuate) there makes it less favourable. Also, there's much less liquidity there which can be tiring.

That said, it's not advisable to keep your coyns on exchanges for a long time. Exchanges are like a market place where people come to buy and sell. If keeping for long, it's advisable to get a secure private wallet (preferably hardware) where you can transfer coyns to after buying off exchanges and transfer them back when you need to sell. Most hardware wallets are about the size of a hard drive and can hold an almost infinite value of coyns in your pocket.

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Phraences: 3:11pm On Jan 10, 2021
Lazyyouth4u:

No they are not. It clearly states that they are not. Do you work for them?

richforever123:

Thanks
Rich Forever

Thanks. People are judging from a biased mind.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by EarlyCareer: 3:23pm On Jan 10, 2021
jedisco:

Very helpful tips so far, Jedisco.

I added ethereum early this year and have been doing a lot of crypto reading. Also, waiting for the dip so as to accumulate beteecee.

Do you think it is wise to take profit soon and wait for the dip or hodl regardless?
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by EarlyCareer: 3:27pm On Jan 10, 2021
Lazyyouth4u:

Okay I see. But note the statement below from the US Investment Advisers Act. Basically, as long as they are making full disclosures to their investors, it is up to the investors to do their DD on the managers they are selecting. Registration with the US SEC does not mean a stamp of approval of their experience or qualifications to advise clients/manage/invest funds. You have to be very careful.

Good luck and hope it works out for you but I still have my reservations on their experience and ability to invest retail funds.

‘‘Unlike the laws of many other countries, the U.S. federal securities laws do not prescribe minimum experience or qualification requirements for persons providing investment advice. They do not establish maximum fees that advisers may charge. Nor do they preclude advisers from having substantial conflicts of interest that might adversely affect the objectivity of the advice they provide. Rather, investors have the responsibility, based on disclosure they receive, for selecting their own advisers, negotiating their own fee arrangements, and evaluating their advisers’ conflicts’’

Your advice is valid, however by this logic, no one will invest in anything, even NG stocks.

As long as they are confirmed as registered, then I guess investor's funds are also insured too. Note: I do not use Risevest. Our credible fintech guys are doing so much, it is admirable. Whether young or old....Iyin Aboyeji is a young dude and he cofounded flutterwave.

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by jedisco(m): 3:49pm On Jan 10, 2021
EarlyCareer:

Very helpful tips so far, Jedisco.

I added ethy early this year and have been doing a lot of crepto reading. Also, waiting for the dip so as to accumulate beteecee.

Do you think it is wise to take profit soon and wait for the dip or hodl regardless?

This last year gace us lots of immense buying opportunities.
First was at 2k, 2nd on the retest of 10k as support and the last was the break of 20k. Looking back, yhese entries would seems so obvious but when at the time, people screamed for much lower.

I can't give targets but my advice is that it's much easier to take profits on the way up. No one knows how high it'd go.

The question is what was your target when you bought?
Also, what was your entry level?
This would be a good time for smart folks who got in earlier to take some profits. If the retrace comes, youre well armed with fiat to benefit
IMO, the best way to acquire beetece now is to wait for a shift in market momentum... If there's a dip, I'd pick some select altys who seem bound to break their ATH or if eithy breaks ATH, I'd go in... For now the reward seems to be tilting towards altys if played properly.

Few weeks ago most people would have seen 40k as a God sent sell opportunity. Now we're at it, they're aiming for 50k. That's human greed in action- a money killer. Such folks may still end up at a loss even if it goes to 200k To trade this market, you have to master your emotion. Feel no remorse when you sell and it pumps higher. Just know trying to time the absolute tops and bottoms is the best way of loosing all.

It's difficult making targets in a bull run. The reason it's called a parabola is cos it blows people's expectation. It's already doing that.

Take for example when link broke ATH this year... It went from 5 to 9.5 dollars. Most folks who had been holding emptied their bags thinking they had sold the top. It retraced to 6 and pushed up to 14.. Hehe... The move shocked most people. It then retraced briefly to 12.5 and pushed up to 20. During it's final push, some folks who sold at 9 bought back expecting it to ho to 30.. Of course it sold off at 20.

2 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by EarlyCareer: 4:33pm On Jan 10, 2021
jedisco:

This last year gace us lots of immense buying opportunities.
First was at 2k, 2nd on the retest of 10k as support and the last was the break of 20k. Looking back, yhese entries would seems so obvious but when at the time, people screamed for much lower.

I can't give targets but my advice is that it's much easier to take profits on the way up. No one knows how high it'd go.

The question is what was your target when you bought?
Also, what was your entry level?

This would be a good time for smart folks who got in earlier to take some profits. If the retrace comes, youre well armed with fiat to benefit
IMO, the best way to acquire beetece now is to wait for a shift in market momentum... If there's a dip, I'd pick some select altys who seem bound to break their ATH or if eithy breaks ATH, I'd go in... For now the reward seems to be tilting towards altys if played properly.

Few weeks ago most people would have seen 40k as a God sent sell opportunity. Now we're at it, they're aiming for 50k. That's human greed in action- a money killer. Such folks may still end up at a loss even if it goes to 200k To trade this market, you have to master your emotion. Feel no remorse when you sell and it pumps higher. Just know trying to time the absolute tops and bottoms is the best way of loosing all.

It's difficult making targets in a bull run. The reason it's called a parabola is cos it blows people's expectation. It's already doing that.

Take for example when link broke ATH this year... It went from 5 to 9.5 dollars. Most folks who had been holding emptied their bags thinking they had sold the top. It retraced to 6 and pushed up to 14.. Hehe... The move shocked most people. It then retraced briefly to 12.5 and pushed up to 20. During it's final push, some folks who sold at 9 bought back expecting it to ho to 30.. Of course it sold off at 20.

I am buying to hodl for a few years. It makes about 5 - 10% of my portfolio given how volatile and unpredictable crypto is.

Bought some btc late last year so got in not early but am up by 30%, and up more than 50% on eth. From my readings, I can see that most ALT are as they say shitcoins so I am reluctant to enter. It looks like a gamble and most of these alts have no real product.

I am focusing on eth and btc as I am optimistic about their future so I will wait for the bear market, though I hear it can be brutal too.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by jedisco(m): 4:54pm On Jan 10, 2021
EarlyCareer:

I am buying to hodl for a few years. It makes about 5 - 10% of my portfolio given how volatile and unpredictable crypto is.

Bought some beeteecee late last year so got in not early but am up by 30%, and up more than 50% on eth. From my readings, I can see that most ALTz are as they say shitcoins so I am reluctant to enter. It looks like a gamble and most of these alts have no real product.

I am focusing on ethy and btc as I am optimistic about their future so I will wait for the bear market, though I hear it can be brutal too.

I'd say what matters is sticking to a profitable strategy.

Fact is they all have no 'real' product including fiat (naira, dollar...) What makes it a currency is that people are willing to exchange it for goods and they have become universal
You're right in a way. Betece would outperform all others in the long run. New money comes into it. But then, my knowledge of the market means that knowing how the cycles run, I can accumulate more betece if I time certain moves. This strategy is more difficult that's why I advise new folks to stick to betece.

If by last year you mean late 2020, I wouldn't call buying at that time early. You bought at the beginning of a parabola. Whether looking at years or not, we're all in it for the value and I'd advise you take some profits soon. If history repeats itself (which usually happens), some of the numbers we may see this year may not be seen for the next several years.

Trust me, you don't want to ride a bull market to the top and ride it back down into a bear one. Definitely not this one. There's a reason why folks who were burnt in 2017 still have the PTSD.

4 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by EarlyCareer: 5:01pm On Jan 10, 2021
jedisco:

I'd say what matters is sticking to a profitable strategy.

Fact is they all have no 'real' product including fiat (naira, dollar...) What makes it a currency is that people are willing to exchange it for goods and they have become universal
You're right in a way. Betece would likely outperform all others in the long run. New money comes into it. But then, my knowledge of the market means that knowing how the cycles run, I can accumulate more betece if I time certain moves. This strategy is more difficult that's why I advise new folks to stick to betece.

If by last year you mean late 2020, I wouldn't call buying at that time early. You bought at the beginning of a parabola. Whether looking at years or not, we're all in it for the value and I'd advise you take some profits soon. If history repeats itself (which usually happens), some of the numbers we may see this year may not be seen for the next several years.

Trust me, you don't want to ride a bull market to the top and ride it back down into a bear one. Definitely not this one. There's a reason why folks who were burnt in 2017 still have the PTSD.

Sure, I did not get in early. The institutional adoption and hedge funds getting into it as well the likelihood of being a digital store of value gives me hope.

Will start taking some profits and wait for the dips that may happen. I no wan develop PTSD abeg. 5%-10% of one's portfolio is still hard earned money lost.

2 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Nobody: 5:03pm On Jan 10, 2021
EarlyCareer:

Your advice is valid, however by this logic, no one will invest in anything, even NG stocks.

As long as they are confirmed as registered, then I guess investor's funds are also insured too. Note: I do not use Risevest. Our credible fintech guys are doing so much, it is admirable. Whether young or old....Iyin Aboyeji is a young dude and he cofounded flutterwave.

You are missing my point. My reservations are not around their age. Nothing wrong with young guys building apps to make investing in foreign stocks easier for Nigerians. Kudos to them.

My reservations are around their investment experience and track record. I don’t know about you but I won’t be giving my hard earned money to a guy without years of solid investment experience to invest on my behalf. And I maintain that those guys do not have solid investment experience and track record.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (1734) (1735) (1736) (1737) (1738) (1739) (1740) ... (2229) (Reply)

Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 116
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.