Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,139 members, 7,818,431 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 03:27 PM

Treasury Bills In Nigeria - Investment (1734) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Treasury Bills In Nigeria (4442590 Views)

Fixed Deposits Or Treasury Bills, Which Is Better? / Fixed Deposit And Treasury Bill Investments From Abroad / I Need Information On Treasury Bills In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1731) (1732) (1733) (1734) (1735) (1736) (1737) ... (2229) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by RayRay06677(m): 9:53pm On Jan 04, 2021
ukay2:

Very painful end for hard earned monies

Suprised disciplined guy like Barry was in it...life is quite interesting

I would have been blaming myself if I didn't dare. New phase is creating that time to learn it. sponsoring one person on executive session commencing on the 11th of January. Never expect to win always but in average be a winner. with the attack and panic there was no way it could survive. if we traded individually, we could brace up and strike again but that can't work with crowd funding business. MBA might swallow two million initial deposit but on forex matters, we are still making profits. I pray the market keeps thriving
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by RayRay06677(m): 10:05pm On Jan 04, 2021
Aquilapriscilla:

Same with me , I still think that's not barrytone. Barry cannot just fall for MBA he is streetwise... Remember the trick he gave when dealing with stronghead tenants. It worked perfectly.
I went through his former posts
May be he used this money for it so no need bothering. I think he just gambled if it works fine, if don't fine

mehn, you guys can dig up anything. its cool. truth is the turn in event. the economy, the covid threat on job security, devaluation and others was making targets seems unreachable in future though we met 2020 target by march, future targets where definitely never gonna come by with buhari and emefiele on seat and buhari is not good at firing failures. way out: I was losing capital already without doing anything. I even did Tbills at 3%, bills were maturing and nothing insight. forex was an attempt to take the risk I wasn't used to knowing well that anything can happen. it was a well calculated risk that its outcome wouldn't matter but valuable lessons are learnt or better still if it works out then we can retire to trading. still on track, no looking back yet, MBA is first set back but not discouraging enough.

Lesson learnt: trade on your own and bear the outcome. thanks for the concern

4 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Myhelper1: 10:21pm On Jan 04, 2021
MBA School fees cry

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by RayRay06677(m): 10:24pm On Jan 04, 2021
Myhelper1:
MBA School fees cry

worth the try, always test the waters with a foot. play with what you can overlook.

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by jedisco(m): 10:27pm On Jan 04, 2021
highcurrent:
Mehn that move was awesome.
I remembered, I said we might get to 100k in betece. see eithy too.

Truth be said, we're in a parabola and no one can time the top. So far, betece is accelerating at similar rates to its previous bull runs... If that continues then there'd definitely be a good extension that will leave people wondering what's going on... I remember when link went from 4 to 20.... There's a reason its called a bull run

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Nobody: 10:32pm On Jan 04, 2021
Manwarrior55:
If it’s not regulated by SEC/CBN and if your deposit is not insured by NDIC it’s not an investment for you.

If you must take risk with other investment platforms like crypto and others, limit it to 1% of your net worth or something you can afford to lose.

Don’t be stupid this new year.

Do you know how much the NDIC insures? 500k. Should people with millions now go and keep their money under their beds because only 500k is insured by the NDIC?

There is risk everywhere. People just have to do serious DD before investing money. SEC registration does not guarantee that investors’ money is safe. You can still lose money in SEC regulated/registered entities.

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by EarlyCareer: 10:35pm On Jan 04, 2021
To the best of my knowledge, piggyvest is NDIC insured. US stock fintech here are registered with both NG and US SEC. E.g Bamboo uses Lambert Capital and Drivewealth

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by jedisco(m): 10:43pm On Jan 04, 2021
jobark:
The smart investors gamed the mba system. They have “cashed out” more than what they put in and are on green. They have coasted home. It’s just for them to clean mouth and on to the next one.

The biggest “potential” losers (since Maxwell is still giving them false hope) are those who will have more money in mba forex than what they have taken out from the system when reality downs on them that the system has collapsed.

My sympathy goes to those who did the plan that only pays 50% ROI in 3months interval (most people started off in September), it was a well calculated strategy by Maxwell as he knew from the inception of the new plans that he wasn’t going to pay those category of investors a dime.

It's just about being smart. Most people fail to understand is that a ponzi scheme is set up to defraud. At the end of the day, it's the organisers that win. A good number trapped knew it was ponzi but their plan was to get in and out before it collapses.

Take for example I trap 20 mice in a box and put a door that can only allow 2 of them escape before the rest are killed. It doesn't matter the calculation of the trapped mice ir how smart they are, at the end of the day, 18 must die.... That's the game. People need to start seeing ponzi from the eyes of the owners and they'd stop trying to outsmart someone who determines who's money is taken. Once they see their balance books get to a tipping point, they vamoose

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Manwarrior55: 10:52pm On Jan 04, 2021

13 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Manwarrior55: 10:55pm On Jan 04, 2021
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Nobody: 10:55pm On Jan 04, 2021
Many of these Fintech companies have raised financing from reputable VCs and angel investors that carried out thorough DD before investing in them. They are certainly not ponzi or yahoo yahoo businesses. Just disruptive businesses giving banks a run for their money.

Easy to spot the yahoo yahoo and ponzi ones. Sloppy/badly constructed websites with questionable individuals and characters behind them. Also, any one that promises unrealistic returns cannot be taken seriously. That’s a big red flag!

3 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by richforever123: 10:59pm On Jan 04, 2021
emmanuelewumi:

This is simple English comprehension.

I listed their company names, the names of their subsidiaries and names of their different Investment products.

SEC is not aware of any of them and the products.

Apart from registering with SEC as a fund manager, your investement products must be registered and regulated by SEC. SEC denied knowledge of all these.

Please be guided.

If possible share the names of their trustees and fund managers, so that I can also confirm their status and roles in the Investments

Kindly check my reply. I mentioned ARM Holdings
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Myhelper1: 10:59pm On Jan 04, 2021
Manwarrior55:

What’s the SEC email address please?
Sec@sec.gov.ng

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by ojesymsym: 11:17pm On Jan 04, 2021
Sir, if you keep equating MBA with Forex, you may take same risk with same result. Most of these guys that claim to trade forex with consistent 20% do not really do any live trade.
During the early craze of Forex in 2007/08, there was a lot of hype about the magic of forex only for people to discover that the trainers only made money from training (like the executive class you say is starting on the 11th). Since that 2007 till now, I have never met one person that made money from Forex and did not lose it. Most lose their account, those who have some form of success will tell you that they were successful until they made a mistake and their account got blown.
Personally, I intend to have fun with forex as a pastime soon, but not with any amount more that $100.
Why am I taking out time to try to prevent you going into forex? Simple, because you have lost money from it already and I suspect you have entered that dangerous mode than gambler get into when they loose money, they always believe they can win it back, but in the process, they end up sinking deeper and deeper into more loses.
Since you are very busy with work, just close eye and buy Zenith bank shares, it is still at 10 EPS even at the high price it has even today.
Dec FG bonds was even 12% last month with 50 million be minimum subscription. You still get options bros.
I personally use to learn from the matured Barrytone moniker contribution, do not allow emotions and pride lead you into losing your life earnings, all those guys calling you bros in the area will be the first to start saying "wertin he use he money do sef".
I know it is not my money or business, but na God I take beg you, don't listen to internet marketers who promise you heaven and earth with forex. Remember your old principle of slow and steady.
RayRay06677:

mehn, you guys can dig up anything. its cool. truth is the turn in event. the economy, the covid threat on job security, devaluation and others was making targets seems unreachable in future though we met 2020 target by march, future targets where definitely never gonna come by with buhari and emefiele on seat and buhari is not good at firing failures. way out: I was losing capital already without doing anything. I even did Tbills at 3%, bills were maturing and nothing insight. forex was an attempt to take the risk I wasn't used to knowing well that anything can happen. it was a well calculated risk that its outcome wouldn't matter but valuable lessons are learnt or better still if it works out then we can retire to trading. still on track, no looking back yet, MBA is first set back but not discouraging enough.

Lesson learnt: trade on your own and bear the outcome. thanks for the concern

44 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by MssRose(f): 12:00am On Jan 05, 2021
ojesymsym:
Sir, if you keep equating MBA with Forex, you may take same risk with same result. Most of these guys that claim to trade forex with consistent 20% do not really do any live trade.
During the early craze of Forex in 2007/08, there was a lot of hype about the magic of forex only for people to discover that the trainers only made money from training (like the executive class you say is starting on the 11th). Since that 2007 till now, I have never met one person that made money from Forex and did not lose it. Most lose their account, those who have some form of success will tell you that they were successful until they made a mistake and their account got blown.
Personally, I intend to have fun with forex as a pastime soon, but not with any amount more that $100.
Why am I taking out time to try to prevent you going into forex? Simple, because you have lost money from it already and I suspect you have entered that dangerous mode than gambler get into when they loose money, they always believe they can win it back, but in the process, they end up sinking deeper and deeper into more loses.
Since you are very busy with work, just close eye and buy Zenith bank shares, it is still at 10 EPS even at the high price it has even today.
Dec FG bonds was even 12% last month with 50 million be minimum subscription. You still get options bros.
I personally use to learn from the matured Barrytone moniker contribution, do not allow emotions and pride lead you into losing your life earnings, all those guys calling you bros in the area will be the first to start saying "wertin he use he money do sef".
I know it is not my money or business, but na God I take beg you, don't listen to internet marketers who promise you heaven and earth with forex. Remember your old principle of slow and steady.
A thousand likes for this post. I think there is need for a love button for exceptional posts like this, I personally do not have experience with the 2007 /2008 forex trading experience as I was still so young then but my people do and I felt the consequences then. Can we have our old barrytone back please? Biko

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Akin3891: 1:00am On Jan 05, 2021
ukay2:

Very painful end for hard earned monies

Suprised disciplined guy like Barry was in it...life is quite interesting

I'm so surprised too, but there is something you don't know about that very person you believe you know too well.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by RayRay06677(m): 1:14am On Jan 05, 2021
ojesymsym:

thanks a million, will think it through, definitely need to learn the session, I just need to understand possibilities and impossibilities about the market. meanwhile I wouldn't go beyond the 40m which is the much I can comfortably risk.

2 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by DUNKA(m): 6:19am On Jan 05, 2021
emmasoft:

For SEC regulated investment and guaranteed capital and interest VGIF will be your best option.
Vantage Guranteed Income Fund is managed by Investment One with the following features

Guaranteed interest paid twice yearly and benchmarked with SDF.
Extra 35% of additional yield paid to investors biannually
Opportunity to compound your interest
Flexibility of tenor determined by the investor
Ability to top up at any interval with any amount.
Monitoring of your account online through the web or app anywhere in the world.
To register click the link on my signature to complete account opening online.
How long does it take for an account to be opened?
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by ojesymsym: 7:47am On Jan 05, 2021
You can add 10m to that 40m to buy the next FG bonds and risk the proceeds from that instead so that you can be sure that the capital is still intact
RayRay06677:

thanks a million, will think it through, definitely need to learn the session, I just need to understand possibilities and impossibilities about the market. meanwhile I wouldn't go beyond the 40m which is the much I can comfortably risk.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by emmasoft(m): 8:07am On Jan 05, 2021
DUNKA:
How long does it take for an account to be opened?

Within 48hrs if no kyc or compliance issues.

Having any issues as per account opening? Please contact me.

My phone number and link for account opening is on my signature.

Thank you.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Nobody: 8:25am On Jan 05, 2021
ojesymsym:
You can add 10m to that 40m to buy the next FG bonds and risk the proceeds from that instead so that you can be sure that the capital is still intact

Bros, that man is not a child and clearly sounds like he knows what he’s doing. At the end of the day, it is his money and he can choose to do whatever he wants with it.

You don’t know how deep his pockets are. He may even be a billionaire and that 40m may be to him what the 100 dollars you want to gamble on forex trading is to you.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by emmasoft(m): 8:32am On Jan 05, 2021
Folks even if rates are low let not your enthusiasm and zeal for savings and investment be low.
Dividend/interest always end up in the bank accounts of those that invest at all times.
Look around there are always opportunities!
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Macktaob(m): 8:35am On Jan 05, 2021
Lazyyouth4u:

Bros, that man is not a child and clearly sounds like he knows what he’s doing. At the end of the day, it is his money and he can choose to do whatever he wants with it.

You don’t know how deep his pockets are. He may even be a billionaire and that 40m may be to him what the 100 dollars you want to gamble on forex trading is to you.
100%, thanks man.

The first advice was enough, brilliant even and he acknowledged the advice. He an adult, stop hammering against his choice further, it tends to get annoying.

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by afroxyz: 8:53am On Jan 05, 2021
People lose money in forex not because of the asset class itself but due to impatience and greed. Most people enter forex with a gambling mentality hence the losses.

Secondly, these people are not actual traders. They depend on someone to send them signal to trade with. They do not take the time to read and learn the intricacies surrounding forex.

Banks do trade forex and have trading desks. Do they lose all the time? People are looking for quick rich schemes, thats why ponzis and betting shops are propping up like mushrooms.

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by ojesymsym: 9:02am On Jan 05, 2021
I get your point, but many of us who know the old Barry will be tempted to do what I am doing right now, still it is his money and I definitely cannot force him.

Also, before this place became a den of insults, we used to watch each other's back here. We were like online brothers with occasional disagreements on methods but always felt the need to be of assistance with our various talent, skill, information and time.

Macktaob:

100%, thanks man.

The first advice was enough, brilliant even and he acknowledged the advice. He an adult, stop hammering against his choice further, it tends to get annoying.

18 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by hoyo: 9:06am On Jan 05, 2021
emmasoft:

Within 48hrs if no kyc or compliance issues.

Having any issues as per account opening? Please contact me.

My phone number and link for account opening is on my signature.

Thank you.
I did opened an account with investment one but its sure over 48hours yet no response. KYC documents and all have been uploaded. Disappointed with this despite all the marketing on this thread.

3 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by OgogoroFreak(m): 9:28am On Jan 05, 2021
RayRay06677:

Please, don't trade forex. Forex is a zero sum game. You can loss all you gained in a twinkle of an eye much like gambling such as football betting etc.

That route should be for those without a reasonable source of income. Like they just want use small money collect big money with luck and start up something.

I suspect you already have good source of income. Leave the gambling route. It's addictive.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by emmasoft(m): 9:29am On Jan 05, 2021
hoyo:

I did opened an account with investment one but its sure over 48hours yet no response. KYC documents and all have been uploaded. Disappointed with this despite all the marketing on this thread.

Please get in touch. 08181057319
I can assure you everything will be fine. Some accounts get opened within same day.
Please also note that account opening process initiated during weekends and holidays gets attention on next business day.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by NL1960: 9:29am On Jan 05, 2021
ojesymsym:

Shuoooo. Why you dey beg am?. He talk say na him money he wan risk. So allow him to risk it. If one person own no spoil, another person own no go better. cool

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by OgogoroFreak(m): 9:41am On Jan 05, 2021
Lazyyouth4u:

But if he said he's a billionaire, no one would try to convince him but he didn't say that.

Now, anyone posting here or visiting this thread is doing that for some reasons. We are not island of wisdom.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Comeandcollect: 9:49am On Jan 05, 2021
When is the next FGN bonds and do you know the rates?

ojesymsym:
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by ojesymsym: 10:00am On Jan 05, 2021
I think it monthly, but more info can be gotten from DMO website.
Comeandcollect:

When is the next FGN bonds and do you know the rates?

(1) (2) (3) ... (1731) (1732) (1733) (1734) (1735) (1736) (1737) ... (2229) (Reply)

Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.