Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,409 members, 7,819,465 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:49 PM

Treasury Bills In Nigeria - Investment (1779) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Treasury Bills In Nigeria (4444754 Views)

Fixed Deposits Or Treasury Bills, Which Is Better? / Fixed Deposit And Treasury Bill Investments From Abroad / I Need Information On Treasury Bills In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1776) (1777) (1778) (1779) (1780) (1781) (1782) ... (2229) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by NL1960: 4:11pm On Feb 25, 2021
Lazyyouth4u:
Most Nigerian airline companies finance the purchase of their aircrafts through lease agreements (another form of OPM). Axxxx Air leases its fleet of planes from European lessors. Go FBN go confirm lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

When Arik and Aero were taking loans and entering lease arrangements for their fleet of planes, Nigerians were hailing Ibru and that Arumeni man say them dey buy the planes with their own cash. Until AMCON struck and took over these companies and their fleet of planes grin grin

If not for AMCON, na so dem for dey grant interviews upandan saying they bought the planes with their own cash made from pure water business they started when they were 10 years old. cheesy

8 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Donbrig: 4:25pm On Feb 25, 2021
Aboki wey sabi

ahiboilandgas:
I rather have me investwment in 4 peecent dollar securities than 20 percent in yeye naira...unless am moving back to Nigeria finally and no more dollar expense....
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by ojesymsym: 4:25pm On Feb 25, 2021
OPM!!! I think there is a church so named.

Anyway, OPM in the context of this thread, funny thing is that ahib, NL1960 and lazyyouth are basically saying the same thing using different jargons, terms, grammar, terminologies and different case studies.

8 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Donbrig: 4:43pm On Feb 25, 2021
We won't enjoy the debate if they all use the same language. God bless you guys, una dey make sense pass our govt.

ojesymsym:

Anyway, OPM in the context of this thread, funny thing is that ahib, NL1960 and lazyyouth are basically saying the same thing using different jargons, terms, grammar, terminologies and different case studies.

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Nobody: 4:59pm On Feb 25, 2021
ojesymsym:

grin
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by ahiboilandgas: 6:00pm On Feb 25, 2021
Why the naira is a yeye currency see the inflationationary trend ..5 litres of oil now 5k ...1k per litre

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by ahiboilandgas: 6:04pm On Feb 25, 2021
This is the risk associated with fixed income in a Nation with weak currency and magicians as cbn governor this was 3500 last year now 5000 ...by the time those yeye bond issued by fgn matured at 11 matured in 2031 this 5 litres will be 25000k

11 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Nobody: 6:24pm On Feb 25, 2021
NL1960:

If not for AMCON, na so dem for dey grant interviews upandan saying they bought the planes with their own cash made from pure water business they started when they were 10 years old. cheesy

It wasn’t just Aero and Arik sef.

Chanchangi was owing Finbank billions of Naira that it used to purchase planes before the loans were taken by AMCON.

IRS (owned by same billionaire Isiaka Rabiu) was owing Union Bank billions of Naira that it used to purchase aircrafts before AMCON took over the loans.

These are just a few more examples o. But guess what? There were people that were swearing that Chanchangi and Isiaka Rabiu used their own cash to purchase these planes undecided

2 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by OgogoroFreak(m): 6:30pm On Feb 25, 2021
ahiboilandgas:
This is the risk associated with fixed income in a Nation with weak currency and magicians as cbn governor this was 3500 last year now 5000 ...by the time those yeye bond issued by fgn matured at 11 matured in 2031 this 5 litres will be 25000k
By 2031 you suppose don grow your ROI on those bond nau.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by ahiboilandgas: 6:40pm On Feb 25, 2021
NL1960:

Did he buy others in the fleet with cash?. Why did he not use the cash for the 3 aircraft to get more airctaft on lease basis?.

I know of an owner of a company who thinks in this cash usage way. He wanted to buy 4 Toyota Corrola cars for use in the operations of the company. The cost of a Toyota Corolla then was 4m. He wanted to pay 16m cash for the 4 cars. His eyes were then opened to the possibility that he can pay 4m down payment for the 4 cars and spread the balance repayment over 4 years with a monthly repayment on each car thereby having 12m cash at hand.

So between the owner of Azman air and this business man, who you think say get business sense pass?.
been indebted to banks is different from using OPM for asset acquisition or business establishment....the debt might be for route expansion , running cost ,maintance cost, raw material purchase etc ....cos Amcon bought over the debt of the airlines doest show that the airlines was established with OPM ....

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by ahiboilandgas: 6:42pm On Feb 25, 2021
OgogoroFreak:
By 2031 you suppose don grow your ROI on those bond nau.
u have to get that ability outside the money market instruments... u need around 27 percent r.o.i to survive the twin evil of I inflations and devaluations ..

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by NL1960: 6:49pm On Feb 25, 2021
ojesymsym:

Ahib has a different view o. The owner of Azman Air that carried his own cash to go and buy 3 planes is not doing OPM but MPM(My Personal Money). cheesy grin
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by ukay2: 8:40pm On Feb 25, 2021
ahiboilandgas:

You too like headaches grin grin

Learn to swim in any ocean like the Nigerian Banks cool

2 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by ahiboilandgas: 8:48pm On Feb 25, 2021
ukay2:

You too like headaches grin grin

Learn to swim in any ocean like the Nigerian Banks cool
show me the way nah ...daf xf of 3.5m in 2010 now 8 to 9m .....45000 litres tank of 2.5m now 6 to 9m tyre of 30k now 85k ..... battery of 15 now 40k ...Nigeria is a strange land crude is now 67 dollars but naira still 470 but if crude move to 20 naira will drop to 600

6 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Godbpraised: 12:46am On Feb 26, 2021
great stuff
ahiboilandgas:
been indebted to banks is different from using OPM for asset acquisition or business establishment....the debt might be for route expansion , running cost ,maintance cost, raw material purchase etc ....cos Amcon bought over the debt of the airlines doest show that the airlines was established with OPM ....
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by emmanuelewumi(m): 7:01am On Feb 26, 2021
Mail from an Investment Banking firm yesterday

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by emmanuelewumi(m): 7:10am On Feb 26, 2021
ahiboilandgas:

It is their headaches, no point taking Panadol for other people's headaches.

I have found out that fixed income and Treasury Bills people usually mind their own business, it is people in the real sector that usually give themselves headaches over what fixed income and Treasury Bill Investors are doing with their money.

Ideally an investor should be diversified, by having different Investments and assets like real estate, gold, cash, fixed income, Eurobonds, REIT, shares, etc.

But if you have the temperament, knowledge, experience and time they can also have a small business.

The most important thing is to make sure our Investments generate more that enough cash flow that can take care of our expenses

22 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Tobex4realTobex234(m): 7:39am On Feb 26, 2021
ahiboilandgas:

Lol

4 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Nobody: 7:53am On Feb 26, 2021
emmanuelewumi:

I have found out that fixed income and Treasury Bills people usually mind their own business, it is people in the real sector that usually give themselves headaches over what fixed income and Treasury Bill Investors are doing with their money.

Ideally an investor should be diversified, by having different Investments and assets like real estate, gold, cash, fixed income, Eurobonds, REIT, shares, etc.

But if you have the temperament, knowledge, experience and time they can also have a small business.

The most important thing is to make sure our Investments generate more that enough cash flow that can take care of our expenses

Gbam!!! grin
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Nobody: 8:15am On Feb 26, 2021
ojesymsym:
No business school or university go teach you this one, this one na imbibed experience. It is simple and small details like this that determines if a business especially a retail business will be a successful business one or not.

This is what an apprenticeship model teaches you, either from your oga or from your parent/ward.

Anyone with real life experiences?

Just seen somewhere that Harvard Business Review is researching the success of the Igbo Apprenticeship System for possible inclusion in their publication. Interesting.

By the way, the success of GT bank was published as a case study that is read and discussed at Harvard (one of the few African companies in their elite case studies). Kudos to Fola Adeola and the late Tayo Aderinokun (and the likes of Aig Imoukhuede and Herbert Wigwe that started GT bank with them). Must read for young aspiring enterpreneurs on how young chaps in their 30s took the bulls by the horn and created an empire in this same Naija while their lazy youth mates were busy day-dreaming and complaining about the economy grin

6 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by ojesymsym: 8:25am On Feb 26, 2021
It is taking Harvard to study a successful made in Nigeria model, which our own ASUU from Nigerian universities cannot do.

Abeg link to the report.

We complain about everything and anything rather than lift one finger. Even me sef don already complain about ASUU. lol. that thing e b like say na blood e de.

Lazyyouth4u:

Just seen somewhere that Harvard Business Review is researching the success of the Igbo Apprenticeship System for possible inclusion in their publication. Interesting.

By the way, the success of GT bank was published as a case study that is read and discussed at Harvard. Kudos to Fola Adeola and the late Tayo Aderinokun (and the likes of Aig Imoukhuede and Herbert Wigwe that started GT bank with them). Must read for young aspiring enterpreneurs on how young chaps in their 30s took the bulls by the horn and created an empire in this same Naija while their lazy youth mates were busy day-dreaming and complaining about the economy grin

5 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by OgogoroFreak(m): 8:26am On Feb 26, 2021
ahiboilandgas:
show me the way nah ...daf xf of 3.5m in 2010 now 8 to 9m .....45000 litres tank of 2.5m now 6 to 9m tyre of 30k now 85k ..... battery of 15 now 40k ...Nigeria is a strange land crude is now 67 dollars but naira still 470 but if crude move to 20 naira will drop to 600
The people really feeling this are those salary earners with no other sources of income and salary no increase.

I am a business man. Everything price don increase. Funny thing is, I now make far more profit than before.

2 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by ojesymsym: 8:28am On Feb 26, 2021
Morgan non de give us this kind deal o
emmanuelewumi:
Mail from an Investment Banking firm yesterday
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by emmanuelewumi(m): 8:44am On Feb 26, 2021
ojesymsym:
Morgan non de give us this kind deal o

It will depend on the liquidity of the firm.

I don't want to give them unnecessary publicity, but their asset management subsidiary is now the third biggest in Nigeria with hundreds of billions of Naira under management
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by ojesymsym: 8:48am On Feb 26, 2021
E non go pass United Capital na.

2020 would have been a good time to get this kind of loan.

emmanuelewumi:

It will depend on the liquidity of the firm.

I don't want to give them unnecessary publicity, but their asset management subsidiary is now the third biggest in Nigeria with hundreds of billions of Naira under management

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by emmanuelewumi(m): 9:14am On Feb 26, 2021
ojesymsym:
E non go pass United Capital na.

2020 would have been a good time to get this kind of loan.

Be careful, loans are a two edged sword. It requires discipline and good understanding of the market to succeed with it.

I make sure, I don't take more than 20% of my portfolio size as loans for speculative positions.

E get why

2 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by stevemims(m): 9:20am On Feb 26, 2021
https://www.tekedia.com/igbo-apprenticeship-system-going-to-harvard-business-review/

ojesymsym:
It is taking Harvard to study a successful made in Nigeria model, which our own ASUU from Nigerian universities cannot do.

Abeg link to the report.

We complain about everything and anything rather than lift one finger. Even me sef don already complain about ASUU. lol. that thing e b like say na blood e de.

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by ojesymsym: 9:22am On Feb 26, 2021
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by NL1960: 9:36am On Feb 26, 2021
emmanuelewumi:

Imagine me retiring and relocating to my village. Wetin concern me with real sector.

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by stevemims(m): 9:39am On Feb 26, 2021
Abi. Village life sweet die ���
NL1960:

Imagine me retiring and relocating to my village. Wetin concern me with real sector.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Nobody: 10:32am On Feb 26, 2021
emmanuelewumi:

Be careful, loans are a two edged sword. It requires discipline and good understanding of the market to succeed with it.

I make sure, I don't take more than 20% of my portfolio size as loans for speculative positions.

E get why

Do you mind sharing? smiley
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Akin3891: 10:47am On Feb 26, 2021
OgogoroFreak:
The people really feeling this are those salary earners with no other sources of income and salary no increase.

I am a business man. Everything price don increase. Funny thing is, I now make far more profit than before.

Does your increased profit come from digital or analogue business? Most analogue businesses are just starting to pick up post covid-19 impacts

(1) (2) (3) ... (1776) (1777) (1778) (1779) (1780) (1781) (1782) ... (2229) (Reply)

Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts

Viewing this topic: NL1960 and 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.