Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,113 members, 7,814,910 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 10:59 PM

Treasury Bills In Nigeria - Investment (1777) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Treasury Bills In Nigeria (4435788 Views)

Fixed Deposits Or Treasury Bills, Which Is Better? / Fixed Deposit And Treasury Bill Investments From Abroad / I Need Information On Treasury Bills In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1774) (1775) (1776) (1777) (1778) (1779) (1780) ... (2228) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Donbrig: 6:32pm On Feb 24, 2021
No doubt banks have lots of areas they make huge funds legally, but if they sincerely play by the rules as they are supposed to, they won't earn those huge profits.

emmanuelewumi:

Interest income of over N400 billion

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by ukay2: 6:35pm On Feb 24, 2021
Donbrig:
I forbid the art of making money to the detriment of other people. My step mother worked as a bank manager for 8yrs in old generation bank, our banks are rogues, I don't want to go into details or argue. But I think we still have a lot of work to do in sanitizing our banking industry.

They are stealing billions from poor and helpless Nigerians every day, that's my fight and anger whenever they declare huge profits as if they have honestly worked hard for it.

Take life easy Sir.

Weldone.

2 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by emmanuelewumi(m): 6:44pm On Feb 24, 2021
Lazyyouth4u:

That net income on fees and commissions contains those small small charges na. It adds up and may be the difference between Oga Jim buying a new apartment in Dubai or NYC grin

But looking at the financials now, I see most of their money comes from the net interest income smiley

Gross revenue is about N650 billion

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Nobody: 6:46pm On Feb 24, 2021
emmanuelewumi:

Interest income of over N400 billion

But let’s think critically about it.

How are they able to make over NGN 400 bn in interest income in a very rough year where their huge oil and gas loans were having serious issues with low oil prices, where many of their retail loans had to be restructured because of Covid and EndSars, where real estate/hotel loans suffered as people didn’t have money to buy and hotels are empty.

We can’t even say Tbills as T Bill rates were on the low side in 2020 undecided

So ofcourse, some ‘work’ was done on the financials lipsrsealed grin

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Donbrig: 6:48pm On Feb 24, 2021
I will Sir. It is sometimes annoying when we keep celebrating corrupt people and corporations. We've got to fix things in this country before it gets too late.

If we don't have a healthy country with honest people, forget those your investments or money you think you have, everything is rubbish, even if you manage to enjoy a bit of it, when you dead and gone, that same system you ignored because you were making money might ruin your children or family.

ukay2:

Take life easy Sir.

Weldone.

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by emmanuelewumi(m): 6:51pm On Feb 24, 2021
Lazyyouth4u:

How are they able to make over NGN 400 bn in interest income in a very rough year where their huge oil and gas loans were having serious issues with low oil prices, where many of their retail loans had to be restructured because of Covid and EndSars, where real estate/hotel loans suffered as people didn’t have money to buy and hotels are empty.

I am waiting for Access, GTB, UBA and First Bank results to compare the trend. Those banks and Zenith are the 5 biggest banks in Nigeria.

Zenith Bank is the most profitable of them all

2 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by emmanuelewumi(m): 6:54pm On Feb 24, 2021
Work on the accounts keh, and pay dividends of over N90 billion and also pay corporate tax of about N35 billion
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Nobody: 6:54pm On Feb 24, 2021
emmanuelewumi:

I am waiting for Access, GTB, UBA and First Bank results to compare the trend. Those banks and Zenith are the 5 biggest banks in Nigeria.

Zenith Bank is the most profitable of them all

Banks in other countries were hearing ‘ween’ in 2020 as a result of Coro pandemic, lockdowns and curfews while Naija banks are reporting huge profits and declaring dividends grin

Na wa o...

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Nobody: 6:58pm On Feb 24, 2021
emmanuelewumi:
Work on the accounts keh, and pay dividends of over N90 billion and also pay corporate tax of about N35 billion

Like reporting lower impairment losses?? Make I just lipsrsealed
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Donbrig: 7:03pm On Feb 24, 2021
Some of our big banks are mainly into money laundering, they launder money for our politicians and other corrupt African leaders. Lots of things are going on in our banking sector CBN won't even dare talk about, to protect the industry, if CBN should reveal the dirty dealings going on in our banks, our financial system will collapse within 24hrs.

As at today, money laundering is the world most profitable illegal business.

4 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Donbrig: 7:25pm On Feb 24, 2021
It is very difficult to see any fault in a system you are making lots of money, I have been there before, but we can't just continue like this..

3 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by emmanuelewumi(m): 7:39pm On Feb 24, 2021
Poor and helpless Nigerians should stop using the big banks, keep your money at home, do business with poor people's banks ie microfinance banks or better still fintechs.

2 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by yazga: 7:43pm On Feb 24, 2021
Lazyyouth4u:

It's been said here Nigerian banks have mastered the art of making money in Nigeria.

Yes, internet banking and other channels were used.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by emmanuelewumi(m): 7:48pm On Feb 24, 2021
For those who have the liver, United Capital an Investment Banking firm is giving out margin trading loans of between N5 million to N100 million to their interested clients for trading in the stockmarket.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Nobody: 7:57pm On Feb 24, 2021
emmanuelewumi:
Poor and helpless Nigerians should stop using the big banks, keep your money at home, do business with poor people's banks ie microfinance banks or better still fintechs.

grin grin grin
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by maishai: 8:13pm On Feb 24, 2021
Lazyyouth4u:

Banks in other countries were hearing ‘ween’ in 2020 as a result of lockdowns and curfews while Naija banks are reporting huge profits and declaring dividends grin

Na wa o...

Lockdown was only in Lagos Abuja and Ogun state..... Other states were buzzing with activities

Be careful of d news

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by maishai: 8:16pm On Feb 24, 2021
emmanuelewumi:
For those who have the liver, United Capital an Investment Banking firm is giving out margin trading loans of between N5 million to N100 million to their interested clients for trading in the stockmarket.

If u sure of ur trading tactics....

Put ur money where ur mouth is.......

I can now see why Nugerians prefer to borrow from friends and relative......there is option for stories that touches

Who will hear this stories at United capital, then go just wipe ur stock collateral

3 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by ahiboilandgas: 8:28pm On Feb 24, 2021
emmanuelewumi:
falcon securities come to mind ....
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by kisszhira(m): 8:44pm On Feb 24, 2021
today's rate pls
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Nobody: 8:49pm On Feb 24, 2021
maishai:

Lockdown was only in Lagos Abuja and Ogun state..... Other states were buzzing with activities

Be careful of d news

Lockdown only in Lagos, Abuja and Ogun States? Are you being serious Anyway, no comment lipsrsealed

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by yazga: 8:51pm On Feb 24, 2021
Lazyyouth4u:

Lockdown only in Lagos, Abuja and Ogun States? Are you being serious Anyway, no comment lipsrsealed
At the initial stage
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Prussian: 9:04pm On Feb 24, 2021
Donbrig:
Some of our big banks are mainly into money laundering, they launder money for our politicians and other corrupt African leaders. Lots of things are going on in our banking sector CBN won't even dare talk about, to protect the industry, if CBN should reveal the dirty dealings going on in our banks, our financial system will collapse within 24hrs.

As at today, money laundering is the world most profitable illegal business.

The current CBN Governor was the MD of Zenith bank when Zenith bank was accused of financing Fayose's 2nd Term election. That is just one state that we know of.

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by ahiboilandgas: 10:54pm On Feb 24, 2021
Up

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Tobex4realTobex234(m): 11:08pm On Feb 24, 2021
hustla:

Bro, what's the actual difference between bt*c and USDT?

I see a lot of people saying man should buy usdt as against actual bt*c

In lay man terms, USDT is fixed while BTC changes in value.

So 1 USDT costs 1 USD and will always remain so.
But 1BTC may cost 10 USD today and 3,000 USD tomorrow.

Usually, people that just want preservation of wealth against a devaluing local currency (e.g Naira) but are scared to enter cryptocurrencies like BTC, ETH, we always advise them to buy stable coins like USDT, USDC or BUSD.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Godbpraised: 12:29am On Feb 25, 2021
Oga relax, do not be too confrontational in your discuss toned down a bit . she is just telling you how the credit system works No one is fighting anyone
we are here to learn oga sah.
ahiboilandgas:
I don't have energy to argue it doest add any kobo to my account...my only thing is the refinery should be operational so i can have product to sell .....how they arrange their finance no concern me ...or how much is in their accounts.. banks chasing you for consumer loan is not a big deal they even chase local govt workers to their graves with consumer loan ....the real G get business loans not consumer (whom how to consume) on credit is still the issue.......imagine a marketer that buy 1m litres of Ago weekly bank will not advance consumer loan to him to buy phone or car but business loan based on his cash flow...not salary ....10m naira consumer loan cannot couple a single truck self...

2 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by emmanuelewumi(m): 2:51am On Feb 25, 2021
maishai:

If u sure of ur trading tactics....

Put ur money where ur mouth is.......

I can now see why Nugerians prefer to borrow from friends and relative......there is option for stories that touches

Who will hear this stories at United capital, then go just wipe ur stock collateral

You can't owe United Capital, you must pay back, your shares are the collateral security.

All the loans I have gotten from the banks in the last 16 years, I used my shares as collateral securities

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by yazga: 2:54am On Feb 25, 2021
ahiboilandgas:
Up
In my own opinion still not favourable
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Nobody: 6:03am On Feb 25, 2021
emmanuelewumi:

You can't owe United Capital, you must pay back, your shares are the collateral security.

That’s exactly what he was saying when he said ‘‘Who will hear this stories at United capital, then go just wipe ur stock collateral’’ wink
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Nobody: 6:23am On Feb 25, 2021
For those people that don’t understand why billionaires with lots of money still go to take loans from banks, let me show a basic example of how OPM works. You can thank me later cool

Case A : Business man has a project of USD40m. Instead of carrying out the entire project with his own money, he goes to the bank to borrow USD30M and then puts only USD10M of his own money. The project succeeds and earns USD100M profit. He pays back USD40m (USD30m principal plus USD10m interest). The remaining USD60m is his profit. So he basically makes 6x his money back (6 multiplied by the USD10m invested). Neat profit. If business fails, he only loses USD10m.

Case B : Business man puts all the capital of USD40m and takes nothing from the bank. Project succeeds and earns same USD100m. He has no loans to pay. The entire USD100m profit is his. But wait a minute. He only makes 2.5x his money back (2.5 multiplied by the USD40m invested). Neat profit but less gain on money invested. If project fails, he loses the entire USD40m and possibly goes bankrupt sad

Lesson learned about OPM: most big business men would rather put the least money required to enhance profit and minimize their risk. Nobody will risk their entire net worth in business when they can use Other People’s Money to minimize risk and make higher profits on the money they invest.

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Nobody: 7:00am On Feb 25, 2021

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by condomuser: 7:02am On Feb 25, 2021
In case A when business fails, he is still liable to the bank for $30 million capital, most banks can only offer no interest repayment plan, you are responsible for the success and failure of your business.

Lazyyouth4u:
For those people that don’t understand why billionaires with lots of money still go to take loans from banks, let me show a basic example of how OPM works. You can thank me later cool

Case A : Business man has a project of USD40m. Instead of carrying out the entire project with his own money, he goes to the bank to borrow USD30M and then puts only USD10M of his own money. The project succeeds and earns USD100M profit. He pays back USD40m (USD30m principal plus USD10m interest). The remaining USD60m is his profit. So he basically makes 6x his money back (6 multiplied by the USD10m invested). Neat profit. If business fails, he only loses USD10m.

Case B : Business man puts all the capital of USD40m and takes nothing from the bank. Project succeeds and earns same USD100m. He has no loans to pay. The entire USD100m profit is his. But wait a minute. He only makes 2.5x his money back (2.5 multiplied by the USD40m invested). Neat profit but less gain on money invested. If business fails, he loses the entire USD40m and possibly goes bankrupt sad

Lesson learned about OPM: most big business men would rather put the least money required to enhance profit and minimize their risk. Nobody will risk their entire net worth in business when they can use Other People’s Money to minimize risk and make higher profits on the money they invest.

8 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by hustla(m): 7:21am On Feb 25, 2021
Tobex4realTobex234:

In lay man terms, USDT is fixed while BTC changes in value.

So 1 USDT costs 1 USD and will always remain so.
But 1BTC may cost 10 USD today and 3,000 USD tomorrow.

Usually, people that just want preservation of wealth against a devaluing local currency (e.g Naira) but are scared to enter cryptocurrencies like BTC, ETH, we always advise them to buy stable coins like USDT, USDC or BUSD.

Omo God go bless you x 200 for this explanation

Thanks!!

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (1774) (1775) (1776) (1777) (1778) (1779) (1780) ... (2228) (Reply)

Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts

Viewing this topic: awesomeJ(m)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.