Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,732 members, 7,820,536 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 04:38 PM

Treasury Bills In Nigeria - Investment (1786) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Treasury Bills In Nigeria (4446972 Views)

Fixed Deposits Or Treasury Bills, Which Is Better? / Fixed Deposit And Treasury Bill Investments From Abroad / I Need Information On Treasury Bills In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1783) (1784) (1785) (1786) (1787) (1788) (1789) ... (2229) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Nobody: 11:30pm On Mar 03, 2021
Opzyyy:
please is the 6% paid quarterly i.e 24% per annum or it's 6% per annum i.e 1.5% quarterly?

No. It is monthly. You will get 6% every month making 72% per annum and you will become so rich like Dangote grin

The answer to your question is in that document. Please read it again. Very carefully angry

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by freeman67: 11:37pm On Mar 03, 2021
Opzyyy:
please is the 6% paid quarterly i.e 24% per annum or it's 6% per annum i.e 1.5% quarterly?

1.5 quarterly. Rates are quoted per annum except specified otherwise.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Sharmeenator(m): 12:05am On Mar 04, 2021
If you have dollars in a domiciliary account in Nigeria, Are they affected by the bank exchange rate? Do you get the exact amount in Dollars if you opt to withdraw or the fund is converted to Naira at the point of withdrawal?
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Cyberknight: 1:06am On Mar 04, 2021
emmasoft:
INVESTMENT ONE PENSION FOR HIGHER RETURNS ON YOUR FUNDS!

Gone are the days to stick to just one PFA whether you like the ROI or not.
You now have choice to switch your PFA.
If you want better returns on the funds in your RSA come over to Investment one Pension.
Don't just save let you savings save
Call/chat me. Check my signature for contact number.

I thought all Nigerian PFAs are required by law to stick to the same "safe" investments?
What is your organisation doing differently to offer a higher ROI?
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by emmanuelewumi(m): 3:38am On Mar 04, 2021
Opzyyy:

Interest rates are per annum

3 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by emmanuelewumi(m): 3:41am On Mar 04, 2021
Cyberknight:

I thought all Nigerian PFAs are required by law to stick to the same "safe" investments?

They invest in real estate, private equity, fixed deposit, Treasury Bills, corporate bonds, state bonds, FG bonds and shares of companies that have been consistent with dividend payments for the past 5 years.

The performance of Investment One Pension and others was aided by the returns in the equity market in 2020

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by emmanuelewumi(m): 3:42am On Mar 04, 2021
Lazyyouth4u:

No. It is monthly. You will get 6% every month making 72% per annum and you will become so rich like Dangote grin

The answer to your question is in that document. Please read it again. Very carefully angry

Nigerians don't read

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by ahiboilandgas: 6:17am On Mar 04, 2021
emmanuelewumi:

Nigerians don't read
they luv ponzi

2 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by emmasoft(m): 6:50am On Mar 04, 2021
emmanuelewumi:

They invest in real estate, private equity, fixed deposit, Treasury Bills, corporate bonds, state bonds, FG bonds and shares of companies that have been consistent with dividend payments for the past 5 years.

The performance of Investment One Pension and others was aided by the returns in the equity market in 2020

@PA Emma thanks for that answer. @Cyberknight to add to what he said the ability to now balance all those underlying assets he mentioned at a particular period and with some privileged informations makes the difference.

2 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Nobody: 7:03am On Mar 04, 2021
Cyberknight:

The PFAs mostly invest in safe fixed income assets. Though they are allowed to allocate some funds to variable investments like shares, private equity and real estate, they are still being conservative and most (if not all) are not investing up to 25% of their funds in these variable investments. So investments in the stock market is not really what is driving the high returns currently being reported by PFAs.

What is driving their high ROI is the high bond prices. When interest rates are low, the value of earlier issued bonds that many of these PFAs hold, skyrockets. And they mostly report unrealized (paper gains) as most hold their bonds to maturity. This is why their NAV per share and ROI are high at the moment.

As soon as interest rates increase, those bond prices (and fund values) will crash and you will see them reporting lower NAVs and ROIs.

4 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Opzyyy: 7:21am On Mar 04, 2021
freeman67:

1.5 quarterly. Rates are quoted per annum except specified otherwise.
thank you, that's really low o
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Opzyyy: 7:21am On Mar 04, 2021
emmanuelewumi:

Interest rates are per annum
thanks boss
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by ChybuzzDD(m): 8:38am On Mar 04, 2021
Sharmeenator:
If you have dollars in a domiciliary account in Nigeria, Are they affected by the bank exchange rate? Do you get the exact amount in Dollars if you opt to withdraw or the fund is converted to Naira at the point of withdrawal?

With the new CBN directive, you or your relatives can now withdraw the exact amount in dollars you have in your dollar domicillary account.
Before now, this was one of the ways the Nigerian banks were stealing from Nigerians in diaspora, by handing out naira to our relatives/friends at their own ridiculously low rate whenever dollar was sent to their accounts.
We were literally working for and sending dollars to these crooked banks for free.
And when you look at the billions of diaspora money sent per annum via these banks, you'll begin to realise how much profits they were making from that.

You can now withdraw and change at a better rate in the parallel/black market.

Their dividend investors will soon start crying when they realise that this pathway of stealing has been taken away.�

10 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Sharmeenator(m): 9:46am On Mar 04, 2021
Thanks boss! My fear now is that CBN being an inconsistent body might come up with an even worse policy tomorrow or reverse to the old policy in their bid to strengthen the same Naira they weakened.

ChybuzzDD:

With the new CBN directive, you or your relatives can now withdraw the exact amount in dollars you have in your dollar domicillary account.....�

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Nobody: 9:51am On Mar 04, 2021
grin
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Nobody: 9:52am On Mar 04, 2021
ChybuzzDD:

With the new CBN directive, you or your relatives can now withdraw the exact amount in dollars you have in your dollar domicillary account.
Before now, this was one of the ways the Nigerian banks were stealing from Nigerians in diaspora, by handing out naira to our relatives/friends at their own ridiculously low rate whenever dollar was sent to their accounts.
We were literally working for and sending dollars to these crooked banks for free.
And when you look at the billions of diaspora money sent per annum via these banks, you'll begin to realise how much profits they were making from that.

You can now withdraw and change at a better rate in the parallel/black market.

Their dividend investors will soon start crying when they realise that this pathway of stealing has been taken away.�
See who is talking again.After you have been called out

4 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by skydiver01: 10:04am On Mar 04, 2021
You are too wicked!! cool grin grin grin
Lazyyouth4u:

2 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by condomuser: 10:33am On Mar 04, 2021
OMO is being phased out shocked

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by ChybuzzDD(m): 11:37am On Mar 04, 2021
Biafran4life:
See who is talking again.After you have been called out

Called out for what and by who?

By the man who lamely defended himself by posting about my investment in MBA?
Isn't that stupid?

For your information, investments range from low to very high risk categories.
I have money in all categories of them, ranging from your low yielding treasury bills, real estate, MF, stocks(NSE, NYSE), Agric techs, Forex, MBA to cryptocurrencies, having fully understood the risks inherent in each of them.

You can't be a young man in the 21st centuries, and investing only in low yielding assets, or solely for dividends in dead stocks.
As a young man, you should learn to take more risk with a portion of your money.

FYI, I had only 1million in MBA, and as long as I'm concerned, that's sacrificeable. I have high a very high risk appetite, and there's no apology for that.
I can recover that amount in 1-2wks where i live, especially with the now very high dollar to naira exchange rate.

Now, should i start praying for naira to continue to be devalued so i can make more free money when i exchange dollar to naira??
No way!
I'm not as selfish as you and your dividends- investing cabals who support criminality.

12 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by SeaTrade(m): 11:56am On Mar 04, 2021
ChybuzzDD:

Isn't that stupid?

I have money in all categories of them, ranging from your low yielding treasury bills, real estate, MF, stocks(NSE, NYSE), Agric techs, Forex, MBA to cryptocurrencies, having fully understood the risks inherent in each of them.

You can't be a young man in the 21st centuries, and investing only in low yielding assets, or solely for dividends in dead stocks.
As a young man, you should learn to take more risk with a portion of your money.

FYI, I had only 1million in MBA, and as long as I'm concerned, that's sacrificeable. I have high a very high risk appetite, and there's no apology for that.
I can recover that amount in 1-2wks where i live, especially with the now very high dollar to naira exchange rate.

Now, should i start praying for naira to continue to be devalued so i can make more free money when i exchange dollar to naira??
No way!
I'm not as selfish as you and your dividends- investing cabals who support criminality.
No be Dubai you dey again? shocked shocked
How come you make 1 million naira in 2 weeks for Dubai? shocked shocked

5 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by ChybuzzDD(m): 12:33pm On Mar 04, 2021
[quote author=SeaTrade post=99597782]No be Dubai you dey again? shocked shocked
How come you make 1 million naira in 2 weeks for Dubai? shocked

Bros, if your wife comes for a Plastic surgery procedure during my shift, you'll easily realise a 5-10% incentive from your total bill will easily that beat 1million.

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Nobody: 12:58pm On Mar 04, 2021
condomuser:
OMO is being phased out shocked

How can OMO be phased out? What then will be the role of the CBN? undecided

They want to stop giving the OMO bills to foreign investors as it is getting too costly. The will continue to use OMO to mop up excess liquidity but only issuing to domestic banks as is done every where in the world.

By the way, that news does not affect the common man in any way. Man pikin no get business with OMO bills. Na only moneybags with plenty dollars and connects go hear am grin

3 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by emmanuelewumi(m): 1:32pm On Mar 04, 2021
Lazyyouth4u:

How can OMO be phased out? What then will be the role of the CBN? undecided

They want to stop giving the OMO bills to foreign investors as it is getting too costly. The will continue to use OMO to mop up excess liquidity but only issuing to domestic banks as is done every where in the world.

By the way, that news does not affect the common man in any way. Man pikin no get business with OMO bills. Na only moneybags with plenty dollars and connects go hear am grin

OMO is for the big guys, foreign portfolio Investors, pension fund and banks, who have access to hundreds of millions and billions of dollars

The policy will only affect non-resident investors
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by oluwaleokey: 2:21pm On Mar 04, 2021
ahiboilandgas:
they luv ponzi

Senior man
I sent you a PM
Abeg sir, I need your candid advise on a downstream related contract, I cannot discuss it openly for some reasons...
Will be grateful to hear from you or if you've got a preferable way of reaching you
Await your response sir
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Opzyyy: 2:24pm On Mar 04, 2021
Lazyyouth4u:

You are right. The PFAs mostly invest in safe fixed income assets. Though they are allowed to allocate some funds to variable investments like shares, private equity and real estate, they are still being conservative and most (if not all) are not investing up to 25% of their funds in these variable investments. So investments in the stock market is not really what is driving the high returns currently being reported by PFAs.

What is driving their high ROI is the high bond prices. When interest rates are low, the value of earlier issued bonds that many of these PFAs hold, skyrockets. And they mostly report unrealized (paper gains) as most hold their bonds to maturity. This is why their NAV per share and ROI are high at the moment.

As soon as interest rates increase, those bond prices (and fund values) will crash and you will see them reporting lower NAVs and ROIs.

Please can you explain why this inverse relationship exists between these assets... I just don't know why. Fixed income rates high, bond prices low and vice versa
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by ahiboilandgas: 2:25pm On Mar 04, 2021
oluwaleokey:

Senior man
I sent you a PM
Abeg sir, I need your candid advise on a downstream related contract, I cannot discuss it openly for some reasons...
Will be grateful to hear from you or if you've got a preferable way of reaching you
Await your response sir
look for dead thread i will respond within my capacity
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Nobody: 2:44pm On Mar 04, 2021
Opzyyy:

Please can you explain why this inverse relationship exists between these assets... I just don't know why. Fixed income rates high, bond prices low and vice versa

When interest rates are low, investors go after higher yielding earlier issued bonds leading to an increase in the price of those old bonds.

When interest rates are high, investors dump those earlier issued bonds and go for newly issued bonds. This will lead to a decrease in the price of the old bonds.

3 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Nnamz(m): 4:02pm On Mar 04, 2021
Several times I've seen this question here: the difference between being rich and being wealthy. Here is a simplified answer.

Being rich is when you have lots of money in the bank and also work, but you're likely gonna run out of cash if you stopped working.

Being wealthy is when you have multiple streams of income that even if you decided not to leave your house for the next 30 years, you still will not run out of income. That's what one might call generational wealth.

Bottom line: start investing hardcore now so that you won't be rich, but wealthy

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Ephemmm: 5:54pm On Mar 04, 2021
Hello house,

Please what is the update on the Treasury Bill? I didn't keep tab on same nowadays due to low yield.

However, I have an idle cash in the region of N2m waiting to be invested at present; it is an accumulated investment in treasury bill on I-invest app which just matured today.

Save for 3.39 yield pa yield for 357 days offered by I-Invest, I must confess that I have run short of the best ideas on how to invest this idle fund.

Financial gurus in the house, please come to my aid on this subject matter.

Thank you all.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Nobody: 6:39pm On Mar 04, 2021
ChybuzzDD:

Isn't that stupid?

No way!
How funny .You think you are talking to teenagers.You forgot to add yahoo as it is high yielding investment

5 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by yazga: 7:29pm On Mar 04, 2021
Ephemmm:
Hello house,

Please what is the update on the Treasury Bill? I didn't keep tab on same nowadays due to low yield.

However, I have an idle cash in the region of N2m waiting to be invested at present; it is an accumulated investment in treasury bill on I-invest app which just matured today.

Save for 3.39 yield pa yield for 357 days offered by I-Invest, I must confess that I have run short of the best ideas on how to invest this idle fund.

Financial gurus in the house, please come to my aid on this subject matter.

Thank you all.
50% into NTB
5% into Mutual funds
14% into Stocks
10% into FG savings bond
1% into CryptoCurrency

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (1783) (1784) (1785) (1786) (1787) (1788) (1789) ... (2229) (Reply)

Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts

Viewing this topic: 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.