Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,035 members, 7,814,533 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 02:31 PM

Treasury Bills In Nigeria - Investment (1841) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Treasury Bills In Nigeria (4435235 Views)

Fixed Deposits Or Treasury Bills, Which Is Better? / Fixed Deposit And Treasury Bill Investments From Abroad / I Need Information On Treasury Bills In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1838) (1839) (1840) (1841) (1842) (1843) (1844) ... (2228) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by afroxyz: 4:07pm On Apr 01, 2021
We can all disagree to agree grin
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by mk82(m): 4:26pm On Apr 01, 2021
Cyberknight:

Very true.
Apart from buying and selling, true entrepreneurs as you hear about in other climes are few and far between these days.
This is not correct. In the USA, small businesses employ 47.3% of the entire private workforce. A total of almost 60 million people. In fact, small businesses account for over 60% of new jobs created yearly in America.

4 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by NL1960: 5:07pm On Apr 01, 2021
afroxyz:
We can all disagree to agree grin

Or agree to disagree. grin

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by skydiver01: 5:13pm On Apr 01, 2021
grin cool
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Bbbwings: 5:19pm On Apr 01, 2021
afroxyz:
Sergio Ramos and Varane are teammates at Real Madrid. They are both central defenders. They are both World cup winners. They are both multiple champions league winners. Yet Sergio ramos earns twice as much as Varane. Why didnt they peg their salaries to their positions as you see corporations do? Can a bank pay two tellers doing the same job different diffrent salaries?
Sergio Ramos is Spanish
He is the captain of the team
He has been at the club about Seven years longer than than varane.
He was instrumental in the comeback that gave real the decima
It is only normal he is paid more.

6 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Cyberknight: 5:28pm On Apr 01, 2021
mk82:

This is not correct. In the USA, small businesses employ 47.3 of the entire private workforce. A total of almost 60 million people. In fact, small businesses account for over 60% of new jobs created yearly in America.

When I said "in other climes", I was naturally comparing Nigeria to other places.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by afroxyz: 5:29pm On Apr 01, 2021
Bbbwings:

Sergio Ramos is Spanish
Hazard is one of the highest paid in Real Madrid. Justify this using your analysis

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by emmanuelewumi(m): 5:36pm On Apr 01, 2021
Bbbwings:

Sergio Ramos is Spanish

That is the value we have been talking about

2 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Nobody: 5:54pm On Apr 01, 2021
lipsrsealed

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by otomatic(m): 6:20pm On Apr 01, 2021
afroxyz:
Sergio Ramos and Varane are teammates at Real Madrid. They are both central defenders. They are both World cup winners. They are both multiple champions league winners. Yet Sergio ramos earns twice as much as Varane. Why didnt they peg their salaries to their positions as you see corporations do? Can a bank pay two tellers doing the same job different diffrent salaries?

Yes. A bank can pay 2 tellers doing the same job different salaries. There is pay grade or salary scale based on your rank not job role.
Similarly, a junior rank can earn higher bonuses than his seniors based on appraisals(value added).
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by maishai: 6:37pm On Apr 01, 2021
Jamestown123:
Good day ladies and gentlemen. Please is anyone here afraid of investing into agriculture? I think the best place to invest your money right now in Nigeria is agriculture. Due to food inflation going on Everytime now in Nigeria, I think it's safe to say agricultural investment is one of the best investment right now in Nigeria.
Now I have access to about 100 hectares of farm land in Benue state. It's in a safe community free from Fulani herdsmen issues and community crisis's.
So I'm hoping if anyone here is interested in investing into agriculture, can work with me in cultivating cassava and sesame seed in the land. You can fully fund the whole project if you want, all I have to do is make sure the land is available and also security is available. Workers and everything needed in the farm can be provided by me. My gain will just be 30% of the total profit made from the project. Please if interested you can asked me for more explanation and cost of starting everything thank you very much.
Do you really know the true nature of agriculture......
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by maishai: 7:04pm On Apr 01, 2021
One reason many people can never be entrepreneurs is the TRANZACTION COST in dealing with customers

Reading an annual report or going through a company's account summarizes figures and not hurdles encountered in making those numbers true to meaning

Take sales for instance, many might not understand what it takes to make sales, the chasing of customers up and down, undercutting of competitors, giving extremely generous credit lines , @ times lies we generate to avoid taking back goods and services gone bad from customers ....... This usually is for the one man business

When you cap this transaction cost up, many people including me just prefer to collect a token as wages and allow Oga deal with the rigors of business

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Jamestown123: 8:03pm On Apr 01, 2021
maishai:

Do you really know the true nature of agriculture......
To some extent sir. Cassava and sesame seeds are what I specialize on sir.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Bbbwings: 8:14pm On Apr 01, 2021
afroxyz:

Hazard is one of the highest paid in Real Madrid. Justify this using your analysis
his value was dictated by his exploit at Chelsea

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by maishai: 8:26pm On Apr 01, 2021
Jamestown123:
To some extent sir. Cassava and sesame seeds are what I specialize on sir.

Can u produce cassava during the period of scarcity........

Can u handle it when ur cassava comes out during the period of glut

As far as u r not a rookie farmer, this should be ur major headache, so what r ur solutions to this

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by freeman67: 8:59pm On Apr 01, 2021
afroxyz:

Make I shook mouth small.

When Okonjo Iwala was the appointed the Minister of Finance, it was public that in her employment contract she requested to be paid in Dollar in the country that pays it ministers with Naira. Is she an entrepreneur? Was she not an employee of the president (Nigerian Government) then?

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by freeman67: 9:05pm On Apr 01, 2021
Please house is there any change to stamp duty charge in the beginning of this year?

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by afroxyz: 9:31pm On Apr 01, 2021
freeman67:

Make I shook mouth small.

When Okonjo Iwala was the appointed the Minister of Finance, it was public that in her employment contract she requested to be paid in Dollar in the country that pays it ministers with Naira. Is she an entrepreneur? Was she not an employee of the president (Nigerian Government)

So a make-up artist that comes to work for you, is your employee?

The engineer that built your house is your employee?

If i supply small chops for your wedding that makes me your employee?

Hiring is different from employment.

At this point even if you say footballer na intern. I agree.

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Jamestown123: 9:51pm On Apr 01, 2021
maishai:

Can u produce cassava during the period of scarcity........

Can u handle it when ur cassava comes out during the period of glut

As far as u r not a rookie farmer, this should be ur major headache, so what r ur solutions to this
All these boils down to how large your farm is. Commercial Farmers tend to enjoy the benefits the most. Because for instance, let's say I spent almost 300k on a hectare of cassava, and then it came out during the glut period, and I sold the hectare of cassava for 350k. You can see that the only profit is 50k. With that now, most Farmers gets discouraged and starts another type of farming or another type of business. Then comes scarcity, because most Farmers refuse to farm because there is no profit. Now Farmers that farm commercially, or Farmers that still farmed will be the ones to rip the profit, because due to scarcity of the commodity, the price will be high. But in cassava farming sir, you can never lose totally. Rather the profit margin will just be little. And that's why weather scarcity period or glut period commercial Farmers tends to benefits the most.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Nobody: 10:22pm On Apr 01, 2021
afroxyz:

With what you have posted up there, I now believe that you are just arguing for argument’s sake. You really can’t be serious.

8 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by ojesymsym: 10:32pm On Apr 01, 2021
Very true.
Collect token and let boss enjoy the rest.

maishai:
One reason many people can never be entrepreneurs is the TRANZACTION COST in dealing with customers

Reading an annual report or going through a company's account summarizes figures and not hurdles encountered in making those numbers true to meaning

Take sales for instance, many might not understand what it takes to make sales, the chasing of customers up and down, undercutting of competitors, giving extremely generous credit lines , @ times lies we generate to avoid taking back goods and services gone bad from customers ....... This usually is for the one man business

When you cap this transaction cost up, many people including me just prefer to collect a token as wages and allow Oga deal with the rigors of business

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by damilola1978: 11:46pm On Apr 01, 2021
You should be an economics/ business lecturer... you too sabi business and how money works !!!!
ahiboilandgas:
remember that they are also planning massive devalution....so the interest u get from double digit t.b should be ware house in USD in your dorm

6 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Tobex4realTobex234(m): 7:55am On Apr 02, 2021
damilola1978:
You should be an economics/ business lecturer... you too sabi business and how money works !!!!

This na common sense though. Anyone that bought USD few months ago and did nothing, is already on 22% profits now if they exchange back to naira grin

2 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by emmanuelewumi(m): 8:10am On Apr 02, 2021
Top 10 banks in Nigeria in terms of profitability in 2020

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by emmanuelewumi(m): 8:16am On Apr 02, 2021
afroxyz:

Anybody that trades his time and skill for money is an employee.

The customer is the boss of the enterpreneurs,.

The employment can be full time, part time, contract or combination of them. An employee can be richer than his employer, an agent can be richer than his principal.

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by ojesymsym: 8:36am On Apr 02, 2021
For a bank like Stanbic that has very few branches and even when you enter the banking hall, you see few customers, this is really impressive.

emmanuelewumi:
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Nobody: 8:41am On Apr 02, 2021
Tobex4realTobex234:

This na common sense though. Anyone that bought USD few months ago and did nothing, is already on 22% profits now if they exchange back to naira grin

grin
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Nobody: 8:45am On Apr 02, 2021
emmanuelewumi:

The usual suspects. I wonder when Unity and Wema will enter this list.

Is there any hope for banks like Heritage, Keystone and Polaris?

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by afroxyz: 9:20am On Apr 02, 2021
ojesymsym:
For a bank like Stanbic that has very few branches and even when you enter the banking hall, you see few customers, this is really impressive.

I tbink they make more money from asset managment and investment banking. I may be wrong though

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by afroxyz: 9:26am On Apr 02, 2021
Tobex4realTobex234:

At this rate, it would be better to just lock your money in dollar bond fund cos even a TB rate @ 15% would not make sense

2 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by emmanuelewumi(m): 9:47am On Apr 02, 2021
ojesymsym:

Their asset management company, pension fund firm, Stockbroking firm are the biggest in the country.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by emmanuelewumi(m): 9:50am On Apr 02, 2021
Lazyyouth4u:

The usual suspects. I wonder when Unity and Wema will enter this list.

Is there any hope for banks like Heritage, Keystone and Polaris?

Wema, Keystone, Heritage, Polaris are fringe players, Ecobank has not recovered from the toxic assets it inherited from Oceanic bank.

Unity Bank is seriously sick and it is in the intensive care unit, I respect people who are still investing or speculating in Unity Bank shares

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (1838) (1839) (1840) (1841) (1842) (1843) (1844) ... (2228) (Reply)

Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.