Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,339 members, 7,815,672 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 04:20 PM

Treasury Bills In Nigeria - Investment (1926) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Treasury Bills In Nigeria (4437101 Views)

Fixed Deposits Or Treasury Bills, Which Is Better? / Fixed Deposit And Treasury Bill Investments From Abroad / I Need Information On Treasury Bills In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1923) (1924) (1925) (1926) (1927) (1928) (1929) ... (2228) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by 12fb: 5:32am On Jun 14, 2021
freeman67:

The apps looks good. I saw an Investment One staff and her husband rating the app very high in their review section on play store. I wanted to try them but I couldn't transfer money to them even when I saw it as part of financial institutions in my bank app. I have also got calls from their CC too. However, I have not been able to invest through them.

Many Thanks for the response. I would give them a try.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by QuinModah(f): 7:58am On Jun 14, 2021
emmanuelewumi:

You will get N175 everyday till the end of June after which you will get a dividend or you can reinvest your dividend which is what I always do.

N175 everyday is N63,800 in a year. Since rates are increasing you should be able to get up to 75k in a year.
Thank you
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by ojesymsym: 10:47pm On Jun 14, 2021
@emmasoft, please what is the process for withdrawing from VGIF and how long does the redemption process take?
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by emmasoft(m): 11:25pm On Jun 14, 2021
ojesymsym:
@emmasoft, please what is the process for withdrawing from VGIF and how long does the redemption process take?

If the amount you are withdrawing is above 500k, send a mail to customer care requesting for a redemption form. Complete the form and send back to them. In 72 hrs you get credited but of recent most clients get their redeemed funds in 24hrs max 48hrs.

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by ojesymsym: 11:33pm On Jun 14, 2021
Thanks.
I had hoped that one could do it from within the porta.
emmasoft:

If the amount you are withdrawing is above 500k, send a mail to customer care requesting for a redemption form. Complete the form and send back to them. In 72 hrs you get credited but of recent most clients get their redeemed funds in 24hrs max 48hrs.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by emmasoft(m): 11:40pm On Jun 14, 2021
ojesymsym:
Thanks.
I had hoped that one could do it from within the porta.

Yes you can if the amount is not more than 500k
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Diyke4rich: 2:59am On Jun 15, 2021
Rate?
Dsticks47:

Yes sir. you are right but still looking at the minimum holding period some client still prefer Mutual Funds to TBILLs.

If you are actually looking for a better return then Zplan still remains a better alternative.
Zplan guarantees both your capital and ROI.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Wasky101: 6:35am On Jun 15, 2021
poweredcom:

Don't ever try help.any naija girl bro dont do it ...even if your money plenty

Unless she get belle for u ..na you fit do this one for her just to.make her comfortable .

Aside that don't try that shit, you wey be street guy ..want let olosho run you street.

Any girl that demand from me ...I won't even chat wit her again or look her face .

The best way to know a lady that can go.miles for you is how she gives u back and if she share d bills small small with you
This mindset coming from someone who needs help from other people.
Live and let live

4 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Dsticks47(m): 8:12am On Jun 15, 2021
Diyke4rich:
Rate?
Abacus : 6.39%

The minimum holding period for Zplan is 30 days after which you can liquidate the fund.

Kindly find attached below the Zplan graduated rate.

To get started on Ziing click the link below.

https://api.ziingit.com/online/register/7914305175

For mutual funds, Stock and Fixed income funds click the link on my signature.

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by poweredcom(m): 12:36pm On Jun 15, 2021
Wasky101:

This mindset coming from someone who needs help from other people.
Live and let live

And so what ...if I need help ..and a guy help me ..you think I won't re see the help back in the future

Than you helping a girl infact an olosho for that matter who don't even give a dam about you

I never help a hard working girl that is not an olosho finish na olosho I wan help

Get brain guy o...

For ur information am starting my cinematography class dis June 200k gonna be paid ....

From my poket and a friend is also gonna add sometin to me as a support to his music career which I helped him when he was broke ..he is gonna pay me back in kind

That how guys behave ...if na woman I help those days and they become rich do you think they will give me a face ..I can count many female artist I promoted and now some are doing well ..even if not in the entertainment field ..some are abroad or married to rich folks so I wan come de worry my self over them

4 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by OgogoroFreak(m): 9:26pm On Jun 15, 2021
poweredcom:

And so what ...if I need help ..and a guy help me ..you think I won't re see the help back in the future

Than you helping a girl infact an olosho for that matter who don't even give a dam about you

I never help a hard working girl that is not an olosho finish na olosho I wan help

Get brain guy o...

For ur information am starting my cinematography class dis June 200k gonna be paid ....

From my poket and a friend is also gonna add sometin to me as a support to his music career which I helped him when he was broke ..he is gonna pay me back in kind

That how guys behave ...if na woman I help those days and they become rich do you think they will give me a face ..I can count many female artist I promoted and now some are doing well ..even if not in the entertainment field ..some are abroad or married to rich folks so I wan come de worry my self over them

This mindset no good brother. Na Olosho help me become somebody in life and since then, Na loke, loke I dey go financially.

https://www.nairaland.com/4630321/dumped-now-im-drunkard-sadist
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by poweredcom(m): 9:55pm On Jun 15, 2021
OgogoroFreak:
This mindset no good brother. Na Olosho help me become somebody in life and since then, Na loke, loke I dey go financially.

https://www.nairaland.com/4630321/dumped-now-im-drunkard-sadist

Well am not saying it can't happen bro but for me I don't help females anymore ...let them go find help else where ok

So you dumped the harlot and she is now after your life

What happened now hahahah

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by stevemims(m): 6:10am On Jun 16, 2021
embarassed

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by jedisco(m): 6:29am On Jun 16, 2021
stevemims:
embarassed

To me, this doesn't necessarily make him more prudent or a better investor than another rich chap who lives in a more expensive house...

In life, there's the concept of satisfaction... People will spend money on things they consider important...be it art, houses, charity, religion e.t.c.... What's good is having a sustainable balance...
Also, everyone will look at things differently as they have different things they consider important.

Some people who earn less live in bigger houses that they're proud of and worked all their lives to buy. Also, some would give up on a bigger house so they can go on regular exquisite holidays with family or perhaps donate to a charity or religious body.... it's all about choice...

12 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Nezzjnr: 7:24am On Jun 16, 2021
jedisco:

To me, this doesn't necessarily make him more prudent or a better investor than another rich chap who lives in a more expensive house...

In life, there's the concept of satisfaction... People will spend money on things they consider important...be it art, houses, charity, religion e.t.c.... What's good is having a sustainable balance...
Also, everyone will look at things differently as they have different things they consider important.

Some people who earn less live in bigger houses that they're proud of and worked all their lives to buy. Also, some would give up on a bigger house so they can go on regular exquisite holidays with family or perhaps donate to a charity or religious body.... it's all about choice...
By the way does owning a Big car amounts to someone being Wealthy.

I've seen some people who are always cruising in exotic cars running into some serious debts.

4 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by stevemims(m): 7:39am On Jun 16, 2021
Of course bro! As for me, contentment is as important as satisfaction. Although, we can't take away the fact that as humans we all have taste and preference, at the end of the day, what matters is developing a model that works for you as a person.

Btw, I read somewhere that Elon is planning to sell his last home smiley ... I guess that works for him.

https://www.businessinsider.com/elon-musk-house-sale-selling-california-mars-colony-spacex-2021-6

jedisco:

In life, there's the concept of satisfaction... People will spend money on things they consider important...be it art, houses, charity, religion e.t.c... What's good is having a sustainable balance...

Some people who earn less live in bigger houses that they're proud of and worked all their lives to buy. Also, some would give up on a bigger house so they can go on regular exquisite holidays with family or perhaps donate to a charity or religious body... it's all about choice...

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by emmanuelewumi(m): 8:23am On Jun 16, 2021
stevemims:
embarassed

Another guy who enjoyed his money but now filled with regrets

The grandfather of 419

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Grupo(m): 8:36am On Jun 16, 2021
emmanuelewumi:

The grandfather of 419

Wow. Fred Ajudua. Did he really say that?

Oliver de coque used to sing so many sweet things about him. "Barrister Fred Ajudua is a gentle man..." according to Oliver.

I thought the man was in prison for fraud? Or he's granting this interview from prison?

Or has he been released?

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Nezzjnr: 8:39am On Jun 16, 2021
emmanuelewumi:

The grandfather of 419
I wonder why people build houses everywhere.

The one I don't seem to get is why will you build house in the Village... Village that you get to visit once in 2 years or once in a year... Had this conversation with my Dad.. He said it's good so you won't be looking for a place to stay when you get to visit home cheesy cheesy

I told him that's why hotels were constructed

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by ojesymsym: 8:53am On Jun 16, 2021
He probably grew up in the village and has an attachment there, he brought you up in the city and unexpectedly, you will be unable to understand why he needs a house there. Perhaps, also because you are younger.
But I also wonder why build a house especially a big one in the village and then have relations take over your sweat since someone has to live there to take care of the place.

Nezzjnr:

The one I don't seem to get is why will you build house in the Village... Village that you get to visit once in 2 years or once in a year... Had this conversation with my Dad.. He said it's good so you won't be looking for a place to stay when you get to visit home cheesy cheesy

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by yazga: 9:16am On Jun 16, 2021
Nezzjnr:

The one I don't seem to get is why will you build house in the Village... Village that you get to visit once in 2 years or once in a year... Had this conversation with my Dad He said it's good so you won't be looking for a place to stay when you get to visit home cheesy cheesy

You will understand better when you get to a certain age.

20 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by yazga: 9:18am On Jun 16, 2021
emmanuelewumi:

The grandfather of 419
No, the founder of 419 in Nigeria. Most Ibusa men are into fraud just very few are doing something meaningful.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by yazga: 9:19am On Jun 16, 2021
Nezzjnr:

I've seen some people who are always cruising in exotic cars running into some serious debts.
The Koko is it can move you from point A to point B
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Nezzjnr: 9:36am On Jun 16, 2021
yazga:
You will understand better when you get to a certain age.
I won't

I'm not the Traveling type either... I see nothing carrying me to the village though

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Nobody: 11:11am On Jun 16, 2021
Nezzjnr:

Is good to have a comfortable home in the Villa but I don't know why some people build a castle in the Villa.My dad being a typical example.This I believe led to his early death from envious bad ones in the Villa who wr still managing in thr bungalow.Now the house is being a consistant drain for me to keep looking good or updating to modern looks
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by jedisco(m): 11:19am On Jun 16, 2021
Nezzjnr:

Of course, owning an expensive car doesn't make someone wealthy... That's where balance comes into play...

The perception about cars in Nigeria is largely varied.. but most times towards two extremes.....a good number would see it as a unnecessary luxury. Personally, I disagree with that when it's affordable for the person buying... We see families of 4 hoping on okada or keke eith all the risks... If they can sensibly afford a vehicle why not....

I remember when I bought my first vehicle years back...a lot of remarks were behind my back about how the young man no get sense or how I for don use the money to invest or how I wanted to use the car to chase ladies... Funnily and unknown to most, I had even delayed buying the car initially to purchase some landed property. Looking back after some years, buying the car first would have been a smarter move as it'd have enabled me make more progress in other areas..... In summary, there's no fixed rule to life

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by jedisco(m): 11:24am On Jun 16, 2021
stevemims:
Of course bro! As for me, contentment is as important as satisfaction. Although, we can't take away the fact that as humans we all have taste and preference, at the end of the day, what matters is developing a model that works for you as a person.

Btw, I read somewhere that Elon is planning to sell his last home smiley ... I guess that works for him.

https://www.businessinsider.com/elon-musk-house-sale-selling-california-mars-colony-spacex-2021-6

Definitely... There's no almighty formula to life... Having a balance is important... That's where balancing contentment, satisfaction and what one can reasonably afford comes into play....

Elon is a different kind of guy..a genuis I'd add.... I see him as one of those people who just want to live life for what it is and impact the world around him...

Of course, he knows he's unlikely to ever be poor and the guy is now focused on chasing his dreams.. similar to Bill Gates and his polio and give back initiative
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by jedisco(m): 11:38am On Jun 16, 2021
Nezzjnr:

Again, prefernce and satisfaction... To some, it's also serves as type of investment....

The aim of some parents for their kids is to give them good training, education and perhaps a house in early years to give them that needed headstart in life.

Also, the aspect of building in the village is predominantly done in the South East... One needs to also understand the cultural aspect to this... To put it in perspective, It's like convincing a Muslim from the North not to go for Hajj (if he can afford it) but rather invest the money... It's not an advice he'd take.

First you have to consider the effects of the Civil war, subsequent riots and lessons learned afterwards. Also, you then consider the fact that a good number of those from the SE are far travelled and tend to acquire properties where they reside... If such system was not in place, it'd be more difficult to transfer wealth back to their abode and ultimately prosper their base...

I agree there tends to be some amount of ego involved... But that's just life...

Conversely, there can be an argument made that it may not be wise for a young man/lady to focus on building a big villa house before setting up something reasonable where he/she resides... Moreso something he can sell for profit or rent if financial difficulties arise...But as folks get older and attain middle age, its worth thinking about their base and origin...

From a cultural point of view, it's a policy that should be sustained.... Like they say, it's when money gets home that you know who has it....

P.s... similar sytems were present in most civilizations... When the Brits came to Africa, profits made were sent back to their home and not used to build mansions in Africa...

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Zobah: 11:59am On Jun 16, 2021
Nezzjnr:

I won't

I'm not the Traveling type either... I see nothing carrying me to the village though
pikin still dey do you.

3 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Zobah: 12:00pm On Jun 16, 2021
Biafran4life:
Is good to have a comfortable home in the Villa but I don't know why some people build a castle in the Villa.My dad being a typical example.This I believe led to his early death from envious bad ones in the Villa who wr still managing in thr bungalow.Now the house is being a consistant drain for me to keep looking good or updating to modern looks
Rent it out to corp members.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Grupo(m): 12:14pm On Jun 16, 2021
jedisco:

Again, prefernce and satisfaction... To some, it's also serves as type of investment....

The aim of some parents for their kids is to give them good training, education and perhaps a house in early years to give them that needed headstart in life.

Also, the aspect of building in the village is predominantly done in the South East... One needs to also understand the cultural aspect to this... To put it in perspective, It's like convincing a Muslim from the North not to go for Hajj (if he can afford it) but rather invest the money... It's not an advice he'd take.

First you have to consider the effects of the Civil war, subsequent riots and lessons learned afterwards. Also, you then consider the fact that a good number of those from the SE are far travelled and tend to acquire properties where they reside... If such system was not in place, it'd be more difficult to transfer wealth back to their abode and ultimately prosper their base...

I agree there tends to be some amount of ego involved... But that's just life...

Conversely, there can be an argument made that it may not be wise for a young man/lady to focus on building a big villa house before setting up something reasonable where he/she resides... Moreso something he can sell for profit or rent if financial difficulties arise...But as folks get older and attain middle age, its worth thinking about their base and origin...

From a cultural point of view, it's a policy that should be sustained.... Like they say, it's when money gets home that you know who has it....

P.s... similar sytems were present in most civilizations... When the Brits came to Africa, profits made were sent back to their home and not used to build mansions in Africa...

You are a wise man.

5 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Nezzjnr: 12:29pm On Jun 16, 2021
Zobah:
pikin still dey do you.
Because of my choice?

(1) (2) (3) ... (1923) (1924) (1925) (1926) (1927) (1928) (1929) ... (2228) (Reply)

Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.