Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,662 members, 7,955,394 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 03:02 AM

Treasury Bills In Nigeria - Investment (1967) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Treasury Bills In Nigeria (4644151 Views)

Fixed Deposits Or Treasury Bills, Which Is Better? / Fixed Deposit And Treasury Bill Investments From Abroad / I Need Information On Treasury Bills In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1964) (1965) (1966) (1967) (1968) (1969) (1970) ... (2264) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by QuinModah(f): 6:55pm On Jul 21, 2021
emmanuelewumi:

They have no other choice than to sell, when the business starts making losses, instead of the children to get dividends from the business they will be asked to invest more money in order to recapitalize the business.
This I have seen many times and countless times especially kids that stay abroad
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by emmanuelewumi(m): 6:57pm On Jul 21, 2021
QuinModah:
How did you know this?

95% of people in their 80s are financially dependent on their children.

10 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by QuinModah(f): 6:58pm On Jul 21, 2021
emmanuelewumi:

95% of people in their 80s are financially dependent on their children.
Lol! Where did you get this statistic?
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by emmanuelewumi(m): 7:05pm On Jul 21, 2021
QuinModah:
Lol! Where did you get this statistic?

I take my mum to the clinic regularly at LASUTH, thank God she invested well while working. I can't imagine the cost implications of her health care, drugs etc on my finances Most of her mates who frequent the clinic don't have that luxury, the struggling children are even fed up.

Most times she would ask me to use her funds to pay for some of these old people that have been abandoned by their children, at times doctors will even pay for their drugs.

17 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by speedyconnect3: 8:44pm On Jul 21, 2021
Did experiment with fbn
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Oyindamolah: 8:46pm On Jul 21, 2021
speedyconnect3:
I decided to experiment with FBN Tbills. I noticed they deduct all funds then pay back interest. Unlike Access.

Please how was this interest arrived at?

I calculated and got 14,917.

But on this paper it's 14,596.
charges
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by sircatherine45(m): 9:08pm On Jul 21, 2021
Good evening. What's the best bank to buy T-bills?
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by XiaoLi: 9:49pm On Jul 21, 2021
Why
DaBogu:
He made the mistake of coming back, he should have just stayed in the UK.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by ChybuzzDD(m): 2:50am On Jul 22, 2021
QuinModah:
How did you know this?

It seems you're either not a Nigerian or you've been away for a long time.

Parents in Nigeria see their children as investments upon which they will rely in their old age.

You can argue that it's not the case in your own family, but you can't disprove the statement entirely.

15 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by mickky22: 6:24am On Jul 22, 2021
sircatherine45:
Good evening. What's the best bank to buy T-bills?

Stanbic or First bank
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by sircatherine45(m): 7:57am On Jul 22, 2021
mickky22:

Stanbic or First bank
Thanks a lot!
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by sircatherine45(m): 7:58am On Jul 22, 2021
Another question: can T-bills be transferable to a third party?
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by emmanuelewumi(m): 8:01am On Jul 22, 2021
sircatherine45:
Another question: can T-bills be transferable to a third party?

No.

Sell and give the proceeds to the third party
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by sircatherine45(m): 8:29am On Jul 22, 2021
emmanuelewumi:

No.

Sell and give the proceeds to the third party
Thanks!
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by sircatherine45(m): 8:49am On Jul 22, 2021
Lastly, where do I subscribe to latest and accurate "signals" or news on T-bills?
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by yetunsbay(m): 8:54am On Jul 22, 2021
UbahTheBuilder:
Hi.

Is there anyone here with an active UBA DOMICILIARY Account?

I just want to enquire if there are any charges needed to open one? Also do they charge any interest or any other charges for dollar savings?

What is the dollar to naira exchange rate like for them?

I'll appreciate some answers �
me too
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by NL1960: 9:07am On Jul 22, 2021
emmanuelewumi:

Most are cheap ie 150k and below per annum, payment is determined by revenue and allocating about 40% to 50% of the revenue to staff cost.

The man has almost 2000 students in his schools at an average fee 800k per annum

Now you are talking.

The teachers in my kids primary school are paid well and most of them have been there for close to 20 years. The school is not cheap. The owner has a primary school, a secondary school and a University.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by emmanuelewumi(m): 9:31am On Jul 22, 2021
NL1960:

Now you are talking.

The teachers in my kids primary school are paid well and most of them have been there for close to 20 years. The school is not cheap. The owner has a primary school, a secondary school and a University.

So you can't say workers are not well paid, most Nigerians are poor and can't afford to pay for premium services, therefore the workers will be poorly paid.

Most small business owners who render services allocate between 40% to 60% of their revenue to salaries and staff costs, 10% to 20% to rents, 10% to 20% to servings of debts or loan repayment, 10% to 15% to taxes, levies, dues, etc, 10% for depreciation and provision for asset replacement, about 5% to 15% of the revenue will be profit to the business owners

7 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by NL1960: 9:48am On Jul 22, 2021
emmanuelewumi:

So you can't say workers are not well paid, most Nigerians are poor and can't afford to pay for premium services, therefore the workers will be poorly paid.

Most small business owners who render services allocate between 40% to 60% of their revenue to salaries and staff costs, 10% to 20% to rents, 10% to 20% to servings of debts or loan repayment, 10% to 15% to taxes, levies, dues, etc, 10% for depreciation and provision for asset replacement, about 5% to 15% of the revenue will be profit to the business owners

This is quite true. This also affects paying of rent by tenants. I have seen secondary schools where termly fees is between 20k-30k and even there are always defaults. The students have to be sent home when exams are coming. Sometimes parents do not prioritize education of their kids. A parent claiming no money to pay school fees will be buying an aso-ebi for wedding or burial for 10k.

8 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by oluwaleokey: 9:55am On Jul 22, 2021
Nice discussions...
Guys what's your definition of a good/quality school?
I know there are lots of private schools both old and new ones as well lots of missionary schools...

How could one ascertain a good school?
What are the factors to be considered or look out for?
Number of pupils in per class?
Certificate,qualification of the teachers?
Tuition fee?
School structures, massive compound?
School performance records?
Children of the elites attending the school?

Choosing a school for my lil daughter has become a great task besides I need to thoroughly research so that her siblings can follow suit when its time.

Will appreciate inputs from the experienced ones
Cheers
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by yetunsbay(m): 11:55am On Jul 22, 2021
I was able to raise little change and I plan to maintain its value at least.
-I'm afraid to dabble into all this Agritech uncertainties.
-Thinking of purchasing a stable coin-usdt but the thought of hack reset my brain.
-Maintain a dorm acct but to purchase dollar no mk sense it's on high side.. returns if later sold is meagre.

NOTE- The capital is too little fo real estate.

Atleast I need something of 25% ROI within three months with my seed secured

Cc emmanuelewumi, others

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by emmanuelewumi(m): 12:17pm On Jul 22, 2021
yetunsbay:
-Thinking of purchasing a stable coin-usdt but the thought of hack reset my brain.
-Maintain a dorm acct but to purchase dollar no mk sense it's on high side.. returns if later sold is meagre.

Cc emmanuelewumi, others

Good luck to you, 25% in 3 months and 100% in a year.

Go and do business if you want that type of returns, provided you are very knowledgeable about the business, you know the risks and you have a very good risk management strategy to mitigate losses

5 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by jobark: 1:00pm On Jul 22, 2021
Good day everyone.

Currently reviewing offers from FBN Quest.

1. FBN Money Marker Fund - 9.34%

2. FBN Fixed Income Fund -11.46%

For clarity, any downsides to picking the Fixed Income Fund offer?.

2 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by QuinModah(f): 2:18pm On Jul 22, 2021
emmanuelewumi:

So, how do dey break even?
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by QuinModah(f): 2:19pm On Jul 22, 2021
jobark:
Good day everyone.

Currently reviewing offers from FBN Quest.

1. FBN Money Marker Fund - 9.34%

2. FBN Fixed Income Fund -11.46%

For clarity, any downsides to picking the Fixed Income Fund offer?.
No, holding period is 90days while the other is 30 days.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by QuinModah(f): 2:29pm On Jul 22, 2021
NL1960:

This is quite true. This also affects paying of rent by tenants. I have seen secondary schools where termly fees is between 20k-30k and even there are always defaults. The students have to be sent home when exams are coming. Sometimes parents do not prioritize education of their kids. A parent claiming no money to pay school fees will be buying an aso-ebi for wedding or burial for 10k.
This is typical with Nigerians
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by QuinModah(f): 2:31pm On Jul 22, 2021
yetunsbay:

Cc emmanuelewumi, others
Lol 25% in a month, clapp for yourself. Anyway join crypto or stock market there is a thread for it. All the best
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by QuinModah(f): 2:32pm On Jul 22, 2021
oluwaleokey:
Nice discussions...
Guys what's your definition of a good/quality school?
I know there are lots of private schools both old and new ones as well lots of missionary schools...

How could one ascertain a good school?
What are the factors to be considered or look out for?
Number of pupils in per class?
Certificate,qualification of the teachers?
Tuition fee?
School structures, massive compound?
School performance records?
Children of the elites attending the school?

Choosing a school for my lil daughter has become a great task besides I need to thoroughly research so that her siblings can follow suit when its time.

Will appreciate inputs from the experienced ones
Cheers
Go to Instagram search for toddlerstree I don't have the recording and don't have time to list all she said on a radio program

They must not be more than 15 in a class

They Must have extra-curicular activities such as Inter house sport very complusory
How do they discipline the students?

Teachers must be at least BSc degree.

Also find out from the gate man, the teacher turnover, if it much, it ain't a good school. Don't forget to Roger him once he guves you the details

Check the toilets to see if it okay (ask the gate man you want to use the students rest room)

Do they do miracle center or student are allowed to use their own brain?
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by emmanuelewumi(m): 3:22pm On Jul 22, 2021
QuinModah:
So, how do dey break even?

Read, digest, understand and assimilate the breakdown of what I wrote, especially the last statement in the write up
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by yetunsbay(m): 4:52pm On Jul 22, 2021
QuinModah:
Lol 25% in a month, clapp for yourself. Anyway join crypto or stock market there is a thread for it. All the best
three months. It exists thou if you can bear the risk
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by XiaoLi: 5:25pm On Jul 22, 2021
What kind of risk? Is your capital safe while bearing this risk? If your answer is no then run.
yetunsbay:
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by emmanuelewumi(m): 7:32pm On Jul 22, 2021
yetunsbay:

Either the fund is not substantial, you didn't sweat/work hard to get the fund or you don't understand how sustainable money making works.

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (1964) (1965) (1966) (1967) (1968) (1969) (1970) ... (2264) (Reply)

Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts

Viewing this topic: 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.