Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,406 members, 7,819,441 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:22 PM

Treasury Bills In Nigeria - Investment (209) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Treasury Bills In Nigeria (4444714 Views)

Fixed Deposits Or Treasury Bills, Which Is Better? / Fixed Deposit And Treasury Bill Investments From Abroad / I Need Information On Treasury Bills In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (206) (207) (208) (209) (210) (211) (212) ... (2229) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by FIDELITY24(m): 9:57am On Sep 07, 2016
feelamong:

Your name is Fidelity and you are banking with Diamond Bank....

dont come and tell us after that you had a Union with your First Wife when you took your Heritage at the Zenith of your Profession later o! cheesy

Happy Investing!
lolz... good sense of humour, I also have a fidelity Accnt Bt it's my salary Accnt.

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by 00Pro: 5:12pm On Sep 07, 2016
@Feelamong I sent you a PM, wanted to inquire about posting question regarding similar charges, but don't want to violate earlier stated group policy. Kindly respond.

godash:

Thank you sir. I've just sent out an email to them.

To be clear, are you saying the current CBN approved charges is still 0.125% of the upfront interest or is it 0.125% of the face value?
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by kelvinodum(m): 9:53pm On Sep 07, 2016
godash:

How's the 500 niara calculated? What does it represent in % of interest terms?

Honestly how they arrived at that figure I don't really know.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by HeliosHay(m): 12:14am On Sep 08, 2016
Hi Guys,

Quick question please. When someone invests in NTB and the money is held buy a custodian..is it insured i.e. should the institution go under will my money still return to me?
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by kompanie(m): 6:01am On Sep 08, 2016
HeliosHay:
Hi Guys,

Quick question please. When someone invests in NTB and the money is held buy a custodian..is it insured i.e. should the institution go under will my money still return to me?

Yes. Tbills has the faith of the Federal Government. Only the FG going under can affect it. War, apocalypse.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by feelamong(m): 9:03am On Sep 08, 2016
just got a mail from my bankers.....

-All those that intend to bid for the next Tbills Auction must throw in their bids latest 12 noon on friday 9th of Sept 2016

as it looks now we dont expect any changes in the last stop rates.....CBN has been mopping us cash via OMO

by morrow morning we shall get a clearer picture
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by 00Pro: 9:19am On Sep 08, 2016
Thanks for the information, and providing the clarity needed to invest comfortably!

feelamong:

-All those that intend to bid for the next Tbills Auction must throw in their bids latest 12 noon on friday 9th of Sept 2016

as it looks now we dont expect any changes in the last stop rates.....CBN has been mopping us cash via OMO

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Austinekg: 9:36am On Sep 08, 2016
Please, will the be an auction for 365days on the 14th Sept, 2016 NTB.

I'm placing a bid for 365day today, so I need to be sure.

Thanks.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by feelamong(m): 9:44am On Sep 08, 2016
Austinekg:
Please, will the be an auction for 365days on the 14th Sept, 2016 NTB.

I'm placing a bid for 365day today, so I need to be sure.

Thanks.

yes there is!
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by ukay2: 12:41pm On Sep 08, 2016
feelamong:

yes there is!

But my oga feelamong. ...from the NTB programme from cbn, there is no 365days on 15/09/2016. .....am I the making mistake??

Pls clerify it...

Thanks

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Austinekg: 1:02pm On Sep 08, 2016
feelamong:

yes there is!

Thanks @ Feelamong
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Annalise(f): 1:06pm On Sep 08, 2016
Hello house, I'm a newbie commenter, though I have been observing and learning behind the scenes. I am with ecobank and I just contacted them to send me some forms. What should I do/avoid/watch out for ? I'm starting with about 0.5 and I intend reinvest the upfront interest.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by 1wolex85: 3:20pm On Sep 08, 2016
feelamong:

Correct news! Just submitted mine at Fidelity bank and they told me the same thing. Is there any specific reason you go through Fidelity securities?
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by feelamong(m): 4:28pm On Sep 08, 2016
ukay2:

But my oga feelamong. ...from the NTB programme from cbn, there is no 365days on 15/09/2016. .....am I the making mistake??

Pls clerify it...

Thanks

I thot The calendar shows there will be a Fresh 364 days issue

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by feelamong(m): 4:29pm On Sep 08, 2016
1wolex85:

Correct news! Just submitted mine at Fidelity bank and they told me the same thing. Is there any specific reason you go through Fidelity securities?

I move between TBill, Bonds and shares....and I want a firm that can handle all for me without transfer charges or delays...

moreover at times I trade on Margin.. cheesy
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by ukay2: 4:34pm On Sep 08, 2016
feelamong:

I thot The calendar shows there will be a Fresh 364 days issue

What i saw was maturing tenors of 91 and 182days and roll over tenors of 91, 182 and 364 days....which one we go the follow for this 15tg september 2016 auction...

Pls clerify me so that my bank no go use my money do business for 1 week if i miss this coming auction...

Thanks Sir.

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by manie(m): 5:15pm On Sep 08, 2016
zamirikpo:
I

Yes....its dsame, I got exactly same SMS...

I think commercial papers and Bankers acceptance are different from Treasury bills, although they are all Money Market investments
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by NOLONGTIN1(m): 6:04pm On Sep 08, 2016
hello house

I'm new to all these, though I've been googling a lot about Nigeria treasury bills.

I have few questions that needs clarifications.

1. I would like to know the discount rate offered by CBN at the last auction for 91days (t-bills). I've been to CBN website, but dey just ended up confusing me. I don't know how to get that info, with the multitude of info displayed.

2. I was at my bank 2day, I didn't know an auction would be 2maro, dey said it would probably be in another 2 weeks (although it was obvious they weren't sure - but they acted like there was no way they could get accurate information)

3. After reading post here today, I'm hoping it's not too late to cancel and send a request to the bank to participate in the upcoming auction. BTW, my account hasn't been debited yet - so I'm hoping it's a good thing.

I was given a discount rate for 13.5% for 91 days, I'm hoping I could get 14.25% at the auction.

Please pardon my ignorance or any question that seems silly. I just want to learn
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by xpertise: 6:38pm On Sep 08, 2016
Hello guys
Anyone who has successfully traded with Zenith Bank? Would like to know the process, charges involved as well as the minimum Amount to trade with (NTB) so I can roll in tomorrow pls?
Thank you for your prompt response.

@feelamong @Ukay2
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by ukay2: 6:49pm On Sep 08, 2016
xpertise:
Hello guys
Anyone who has successfully traded with Zenith Bank? Would like to know the process, charges involved as well as the minimum Amount to trade with (NTB) so I can roll in tomorrow pls?

@feelamong @Ukay2

I mainly do NTB with stanbic ibtc bank as I can bid for myself the interest rate....

But I think zenith bank minimum is 500,000 naira with normal cbn NTB charges for banks...you have to go to any zenith bank branch nearest to you before 12 pm tomorrow and apply for any tenor...91,182 or 364 days you want. ..ask them if you can bid for yourself or you must go with their bank rate....

Just come to this forum tomorrow morning before 12 noon as ogas in this forum will give us advise rates for each tenor if you will bid for yourself

Hope this information will guide you...

Happy investing

3 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by inze(m): 6:54pm On Sep 08, 2016
xpertise:
Hello guys

@feelamong @Ukay2

1million Naira
you pick treasury bill purchase form
write an application to that effect instructing them to debit you
you are to go with their bank rate or state yours

2 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by burrytee(m): 7:51pm On Sep 08, 2016
Hello house av bn a follower on these thread 4a while. Pls cn any cnfrm frm d set of bank where i cn bid on my own :skye, ecobank, fcmb, first. These r bnks i v my fund. Lately fcmb are telling me they will have to cnfrm from there Hq. Gtb r nt going wt my rate.
Thank you
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by ummitoagirl(f): 8:02pm On Sep 08, 2016
According to the calendar, another bidding will take place on the 22nd, and that will include 364 days.
The one for the 15th wont include 1 year.
Here is the link via CBN website. https://www.cbn.gov.ng/documents/circulars.asp ,
Click on the NTB issue programme.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by godash(m): 8:24pm On Sep 08, 2016
NOLONGTIN1:
hello house

I'm new to all these, though I've been googling a lot about Nigeria treasury bills.

I have few questions that needs clarifications.

1. I would like to know the discount rate offered by CBN at the last auction for 91days (t-bills). I've been to CBN website, but dey just ended up confusing me. I don't know how to get that info, with the multitude of info displayed.

Normally, you should be able to view the latest stop rates on CBN site at https://www.cbn.gov.ng/rates/GovtSecurities.asp. But the it some times takes a while to be posted on there. Most times, you'll get the rates on this thread much quicker.

2. I was at my bank 2day, I didn't know an auction would be 2maro, dey said it would probably be in another 2 weeks (although it was obvious they weren't sure - but they acted like there was no way they could get accurate information)

The next auction is actually on Sept 14th. Typically banks want you to confirm your TB order 1 or 2 days before the actual bid date. But with the upcoming holidays, tomorrow sounds like the confirmation date for most banks.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by godash(m): 8:29pm On Sep 08, 2016
burrytee:
Hello house av bn a follower on these thread 4a while. Pls cn any cnfrm frm d set of bank where i cn bid on my own :skye, ecobank, fcmb, first. These r bnks i v my fund. Lately fcmb are telling me they will have to cnfrm from there Hq. Gtb r nt going wt my rate.
Thank you

Just got off the phone with First Bank and GTBank and they confirmed I can specify my own rate and they'll bid for me.

First Bank rate is 0.125% of the interest as custody fee.
GTBank is the above plus an additional transaction fee (I think N500 or so)
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by xpertise: 8:33pm On Sep 08, 2016
inze:

1million Naira
you pick treasury bill purchase form
write an application to that effect instructing them to debit you
you are to go with their bank rate or state yours
Ok thank you @Inze
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by burrytee(m): 9:28pm On Sep 08, 2016
godash:

Just got off the phone with First Bank and GTBank and they confirmed I can specify my own rate and they'll bid for me.

First Bank rate is 0.125% of the interest as custody fee.
GTBank is the above plus an additional transaction fee (I think N500 or so)
Thank you
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by xpertise: 10:14pm On Sep 08, 2016
ukay2:

I mainly do NTB with stanbic ibtc bank as I can bid for myself the interest rate....

But I think zenith bank minimum is 500,000 naira with normal cbn NTB charges for banks...you have to go to any zenith bank branch nearest to you before 12 pm tomorrow and apply for any tenor...91,182 or 364 days you want. ..ask them if you can bid for yourself or you must go with their bank rate....

Just come to this forum tomorrow morning before 12 noon as ogas in this forum will give us advise rates for each tenor if you will bid for yourself

Hope this information will guide you...

Happy investing

Sure it does help. Will do as u mentioned.
Thanks a bunch!
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Henroobaba: 10:16pm On Sep 08, 2016
Hi house. Nice to be here. Please I would love to know the process of using individual rate as against the bank rate. Also how to go about it, thank you.

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by just2endowed: 8:17am On Sep 09, 2016
Can anyone drop bid rates for the previous auction?

I have asked this question before no one seems to ans.

@feelamong
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by ukay2: 8:20am On Sep 09, 2016
@feelamong. ..Pls is 365days NTB going today or only 91 and 182days only??

. ...Pls confirm as am confused. ..

Am waiting for your kind response

Thanks
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by feelamong(m): 9:09am On Sep 09, 2016
ukay2:
@feelamong. ..Pls is 365days NTB going today or only 91 and 182days only??

. ...Pls confirm as am confused. ..

Am waiting for your kind response

Thanks

My bankers have confirmed that there is 364 days..

(1) (2) (3) ... (206) (207) (208) (209) (210) (211) (212) ... (2229) (Reply)

Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts

Viewing this topic: Mills55 and 5 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.