Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,462 members, 7,819,683 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 08:49 PM

Treasury Bills In Nigeria - Investment (2111) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Treasury Bills In Nigeria (4445151 Views)

Fixed Deposits Or Treasury Bills, Which Is Better? / Fixed Deposit And Treasury Bill Investments From Abroad / I Need Information On Treasury Bills In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2108) (2109) (2110) (2111) (2112) (2113) (2114) ... (2229) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Dbossmanager: 11:53pm On Dec 06, 2022
Learner247:

TBills is better than Mutual Fund if you know that you can afford to keep money away for reasonable amount of time. Mutual Funds managers often invest in TBills among others.

Open a FBN or STANBICIBTC account, with at least N100k you begin to invest in FGN TBills.

Please I have assumed that your proposed investment amount is at least N100k.
Thank you sir

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by freeman67: 7:58am On Dec 07, 2022
DFPS:
How can someone buy treasury bill from primary market and what are the requirements. Thanks

Your can invest in it through your bank or investment house.

The requirement is having money in your account and knowing how long you want to invest it between 90, 180 and 365 days.

To place your own bid, that money will be Upto 50M. For lesser amount, you will have to go with the bank bid.

TB PM auction is mostly twice a month. You will have to indicate interest by filling the form or writing the request ( depending on your bank) in your bank at least on Monday morning of the auction week.

pat077:
I have a Stanbic ibtc account, can I do this on their mobile app or I must visit the bank?

No, for Stanbic and most banks, you will have to go and fill the forms in the banking hall . The only bank I know of that you can subscribe through their app is Standard Chartered Bank.

5 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by RayRay06677(m): 4:33pm On Dec 07, 2022
Rizin:
Please house. When is the next date for TB

Today, 7th
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by juniorrate: 4:38pm On Dec 07, 2022
365days stop rate 13.05%
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by deleOgun: 6:15pm On Dec 07, 2022
juniorrate:
365days stop rate 13.05%

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by yungestmoney(m): 8:31pm On Dec 07, 2022
Hello everyone
How can I check for my sukkuk bond subscription?
I subscribed through FBNQuest & this is my first attempt with Bond.
��
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by emmasoft(m): 8:42pm On Dec 07, 2022
yungestmoney:
Hello everyone
How can I check for my sukkuk bond subscription?
I subscribed through FBNQuest & this is my first attempt with Bond.
��

Wait for the allotment which will be annouced to the investing public and yours will be credited into your cscs account.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by YoungLionken(m): 4:23am On Dec 08, 2022
Tobex4realTobex234:

I love your patriotic optimism, but there's only a handful of sectors today that thinking local would work for, because we are an import dependent nation.

We don talk am for here before, prioritize USD but una no they hear. You can't be more patriotic than the government, the FGN holds dollars, delegates collect their settlement in dollars, even banks they give customers money to receive dollars to their account.

Instead of hating the dollar, see yourself as a global citizen. Flights of just $1k go soon be 1m naira. But it's easier for me see the cost as $1k than 1m naira.

We are investors and we should be able to maximize our returns within ethical parameters. USD instruments fit nicely into that, I don't get why it's detested so much on this forum.

Hello bro, instead of going through the stress of opening a dorm account, why not buy and hold in binance??.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Foodempire: 8:59am On Dec 08, 2022
freeman67:

If you subscribe now you will get the first rent in June and the second in December 2023.

Having subscribed to sukuk I'm yet to receive any confirmation email as regards the investment. How do one check if it's successful? I invested through fbnquest with my CSCS on the form, thanks.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Rizin: 9:11am On Dec 08, 2022
[quote author=deleOgun post=118980400][/quote]

Most bid will fail because the rate has dropped.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by deleOgun: 9:30am On Dec 08, 2022
Rizin:

Most bid will fail because the rate has dropped.
You're right.

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Wapgod(m): 9:59am On Dec 08, 2022
YoungLionken:

Hello bro, instead of going through the stress of opening a dorm account, why not buy and hold in binance??.

This is a really bad advice(Not your keys, Not your crypto).
Let's not deviate from the topic of this thread.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by freeman67: 3:24pm On Dec 08, 2022
Foodempire:

Having subscribed to sukuk I'm yet to receive any confirmation email as regards the investment. How do one check if it's successful? I invested through fbnquest with my CSCS on the form, thanks.

Just look for the e-mail/contact details of the medium through which you subscribed.
Mail/call and remind them. Sometimes it happens like that. They may not inform you when successful.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Foodempire: 1:48pm On Dec 09, 2022
freeman67:

Just look for the e-mail/contact details of the medium through which you subscribed.
Mail/call and remind them. Sometimes it happens like that. They may not inform you when successful.

Thanks
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by YoungLionken(m): 3:09pm On Dec 09, 2022
Wapgod:

This is a really bad advice(Not your keys, Not your crypto).
Let's not deviate from the topic of this thread.

What's your challenge here, why are you faster than your shadow??.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Eamondash: 11:52pm On Dec 09, 2022
Anyone here want to sell his fgns bond?
Ttm: <4 months? Pls indicate
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by RayRay06677(m): 8:02am On Dec 10, 2022
Please confirm Stanbic 364 days was successful at last auction, 7th
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Segun889: 2:33am On Dec 11, 2022
Sorry, I do not think it was except I’m speaking too soon�

RayRay06677:
Please confirm Stanbic 364 days was successful at last auction, 7th
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by amordi: 4:38pm On Dec 11, 2022
Segun889:
Sorry, I do not think it was except I’m speaking too soon�

It wasn't successful. I don't know what is wrong with this Stanbic for some time now.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by exclusiveoloori: 10:09am On Dec 13, 2022
amordi:
It wasn't successful. I don't know what is wrong with this Stanbic for some time now.

I'm also in the same boat with stanbic ibtc. moved from FBN to stanbic because of similar issue. Can anyone suggest a reliable bank or investment firm one can use ?
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Rizin: 6:35pm On Dec 13, 2022
exclusiveoloori:

I'm also in the same boat with stanbic ibtc. moved from FBN to stanbic because of similar issue. Can anyone suggest a reliable bank or investment firm one can use ?
Try Gt bank. Mine with them was successful.

Note that they don't send certificate unless u request for it.
But you can always place request to invest via email.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Wapgod(m): 7:31pm On Dec 13, 2022
Rizin:

Gtbank will give you certificate if you invest with them physically.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by bjtinz: 8:33pm On Dec 13, 2022
[quote author=deleOgun post=118980400][/quote]

Na wa o! When I was expecting rates to further climb, e come drop. angry
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Wapgod(m): 8:42pm On Dec 13, 2022
bjtinz:

Na wa o! When I was expecting rates to further climb, e come drop. angry
To make money no easy for nigeria
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Gavrelino123: 10:01pm On Dec 13, 2022
Wapgod:

Gtbank will give you certificate if you invest with them physically.

Can they send the certificate via email?
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Wapgod(m): 10:07pm On Dec 13, 2022
Gavrelino123:

Can they send the certificate via email?

I don't know.
I don't recommend GTbank for TB investments.
They use an outside company for customers TB investments which is kinda strange.
The customer should only be dealing with GTbank and the federal government of Nigeria.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by exclusiveoloori: 8:57am On Dec 14, 2022
Rizin:

365 days?
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by exclusiveoloori: 8:58am On Dec 14, 2022
Wapgod:

I don't know.
They use an outside company for customers TB investments which is kinda strange.
The customer should only be dealing with GTbank and the federal government of Nigeria.

Do you know the name of the outside company?
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by freeman67: 9:50am On Dec 14, 2022
Wapgod:

I don't know.

I do not understand what you mean by 'GT use an outside company for TB investment'. It's been a while I have done it with them, so I wouldn't know what the norm is now.

However, there is a party more to TB than just the bank and FGN. There is also a custodian.
'A custodian bank is a financial institution that holds customers' securities for safekeeping to prevent them from being stolen or lost. The custodian may hold stocks, bonds, or other assets in electronic or physical form on behalf of its customers.

If you have a proof of investment or Certificate for any TB done, just check through the charges. You will see custody fee of 0.1 % per transaction.

Some banks have custodian subsidiaries, others don't. Also, an investor can decide to choose his/her own custodian other than the one choosen for him/her by the bank.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Wapgod(m): 1:25pm On Dec 14, 2022
freeman67:

I do not understand what you mean by 'GT use an outside company for TB investment'. It's been a while I have done it with them, so I wouldn't know what the norm is now.

However, there is a party more to TB than just the bank and FGN. There is also a custodian.
'A custodian bank is a financial institution that holds customers' securities for safekeeping to prevent them from being stolen or lost. The custodian may hold stocks, bonds, or other assets in electronic or physical form on behalf of its customers.

If you have a proof of investment or Certificate for any TB done, just check through the charges. You will see custody fee of 0.1 % per transaction.

Some banks have custodian subsidiaries, others don't. Also, an investor can decide to choose his/her own custodian other than the one choosen for him/her by the bank.
Yeah, That's what i meant, they use a custodian company that i don't know if it is their subsidiary.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by exclusiveoloori: 1:29pm On Dec 14, 2022
Wapgod:

Yeah, That's what i meant, they use a custodian company that i don't know if it is their subsidiary.

Pls me I'm about to open an account in GTB for the treasury bills and I just want to know if my funds is safe with them.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by exclusiveoloori: 1:31pm On Dec 14, 2022
Rizin:

@Rizin, will like to know if it was 365 you did cause i understand that other tenures pull through except 365days

(1) (2) (3) ... (2108) (2109) (2110) (2111) (2112) (2113) (2114) ... (2229) (Reply)

Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.