Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,171 members, 7,821,972 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 11:07 PM

Treasury Bills In Nigeria - Investment (2113) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Treasury Bills In Nigeria (4449173 Views)

Fixed Deposits Or Treasury Bills, Which Is Better? / Fixed Deposit And Treasury Bill Investments From Abroad / I Need Information On Treasury Bills In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2110) (2111) (2112) (2113) (2114) (2115) (2116) ... (2230) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by ositadima1(m): 5:56am On Dec 20, 2022
4tunebest:

I can't get tired of saying thank you cheesy

Were we following the same thread?

Ahib/Alikote that was against sukuk and Tbills cos according to him (he is sort of right though) dollar devaluation was going to eat up ur interests. Again, there was also another reason he was against it that i cant remember now.

Though he gave good investment advice mostly real estate and hauling business. I miss d guy.

7 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Seun(m): 8:37am On Dec 20, 2022
Any auction this week guys? Was there an auction last week?
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by DFPS: 12:14pm On Dec 20, 2022
Seun:
Any auction this week guys? Was there an auction last week?
??
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by FEGEITOK: 6:10pm On Dec 20, 2022
YoungLionken:

Hello bro, instead of going through the stress of opening a dorm account, why not buy and hold in binance??.

“If you understand an idea, you can express it so others can understand it. However, if you can’t explain it, you don’t really understand it; and you cannot invest in a business you don’t understand. So friends, do your research well and understand the idea or concept you want to execute before investing in it.” - CHRIS KURUBI

How does cryptocurrency appreciate in value? or depreciate in value?

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Wapgod(m): 6:57pm On Dec 20, 2022
FEGEITOK:

“If you understand an idea, you can express it so others can understand it. However, if you can’t explain it, you don’t really understand it; and you cannot invest in a business you don’t understand. So friends, do your research well and understand the idea or concept you want to execute before investing in it.” - CHRIS KURUBI

How does cryptocurrency appreciate in value? or depreciate in value?
Buying and selling pressures on multiple crypto exchanges
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by abraolas1: 4:31am On Dec 21, 2022
ositadima1:

Ahib/Alikote that was against sukuk and Tbills cos according to him (he is sort of right though) dollar devaluation was going to eat up ur interests. Again, there was also another reason he was against it that i cant remember now.

Though he gave good investment advice mostly real estate and hauling business. I miss d guy.

Ahib is still online ...i guess the online fight he had sometimes ago here make him leave the tread . i miss oga emmaewunmi too

a lot of folks giving out free ideas has left this group .

thank God you are still here though.....just that before i see your post you would have delete it and add ".'"

Good morning everyone

3 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Fxmanager(m): 11:57am On Dec 21, 2022
With the fall in the value of the Naira and the surging inflation rate, how do you preserve and grow your wealth?

You can diversify and invest with us through our forex fund management service in other to beat the high inflation rate, preserve/increase your purchasing power and at the same time build your wealth in an inflationary economy. We are targeting an average monthly return of 5-20%+ for investors and you will be investing under a government-licensed and regulated forex brokerage firm. Visit the links below.

https://www.nairaland.com/7349176/worlds-most-consistently-profitable-forex

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Nero4306(m): 9:16am On Dec 22, 2022
Good morning house… when are we expecting sukuk4 rental payment
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by aieromon(m): 10:28am On Dec 22, 2022
Nero4306:
Good morning house… when are we expecting sukuk4 rental payment

29 Dec

3 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by skydiver01: 6:17pm On Dec 23, 2022
Wishing everyone a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year in advance. smiley

8 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by glimpse33(m): 8:49pm On Dec 25, 2022
freeman67:

Before I would have just ask you to read the beginning of this thread and the other thread for mutual fund for better understanding but lots of pages have piled up so it won't be easy.

1. As an intending investor, yours is to look at Treasury Bills as a short term government debt. Meaning government borrowing money from you that is willing to invest now for certain reasons and at the end of the day pay you a certain percentage for that money borrowed. Though it is through the banks and other financial houses that the money is collected, the borrower, end user or benefactor is government.

While you should look at Stanbic IBTC mutual funds on the other hand as the asset management arm of Stanbic IBTC collecting/ pooling money from you and other investors to invest in different classes/types of asset (depending on the mutual fund) on your behalf.

2. They don't usually have the same rate. TB Rates are usually guided by the CBN MPR. While mutual fund rates is dependent on the underlying asset class of the particular mutual fund.

3a.For treasury there is primary market auction which is scheduled for every 2 weeks (Here you have 90, 180 and 365 days tenure). The auction day of the week is mostly Wednesdays so you can just go to the bank on Monday of the auction week to put you request.

There is also secondary market auction which could happen every week day depending on the bank and availability of TB disposed to be auctioned. Here the tenure you get is the tenure available. It could be 356, 10, 27, 18, 99 or 63 days etc. Any tenure less than 364 could be available. It also limited to particular time frame. Eg The last I know of Stanbic is from 10 am - 1 pm.

b. For mutual funds you can invest anyday, anytime. It is not particularly tenured per day. You could deposit and withdraw at will.

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Oyeleye101(m): 10:59am On Dec 27, 2022
Foodempire:

Having subscribed to sukuk I'm yet to receive any confirmation email as regards the investment. How do one check if it's successful? I invested through fbnquest with my CSCS on the form, thanks.
Have you received a mail yet?
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by mickky22: 3:29pm On Dec 27, 2022
Compliment of the seasons.

Any one with useful information regards Sukuk V.

Please update.

Thanks
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Ibechris2: 4:26pm On Dec 27, 2022
ositadima1:

I used to like his analysis but his hate for other tribes made me see him like what he was being called.

The guy was simply a "small minded bigot" and I thank those who attacked him until he left in shame.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Learner247: 5:42pm On Dec 27, 2022
mickky22:
Compliment of the seasons.

Any one with useful information regards Sukuk V.

Please update.

Thanks

It already reflected in my CSCS since last week Monday or so.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by DigitalMallam: 7:40pm On Dec 27, 2022
Learner247:

Really? I did contact my broker and was advised to be on the lookout for their mail.
I was also waiting for some refunds due to the fact that it was oversubscribed.
How do I check/access my CSCS account.
This is my first Sukuk.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by yungestmoney(m): 7:43pm On Dec 27, 2022
Learner247:

pls how do you check this??
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Learner247: 2:42am On Dec 28, 2022
@DigitalMallam and @Yungestmoney, if you bought through your stockbroker, you will see it in your portfolio.

I didn't get any email, I just saw it alongside my stocks in my Portfolio. Meanwhile, I got 100% allocation, perhaps because mine was just a modest sum.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by raphemmanuel(m): 9:52am On Dec 28, 2022
Compliment of the season to the good people of nairaland. Please can someone put me through on Treasury bill. I know it will take your time but I appreciate any little time you give in to inform me please.
I have N1mill I want to invest with, will it be enough, what percentage will I get in return.
Thanks for your input.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by DigitalMallam: 4:32pm On Dec 28, 2022
Learner247:
@DigitalMallam and @Yungestmoney, if you bought through your stockbroker, you will see it in your portfolio.

I didn't get any email, I just saw it alongside my stocks in my Portfolio. Meanwhile, I got 100% allocation, perhaps because mine was just a modest sum.
Many thanks.
I've been able to activate and access my CSCS acct, but yet to reflect in my portfolio.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by VeeVeeMyLuv(m): 9:03pm On Dec 28, 2022
raphemmanuel:
Compliment of the season to the good people of nairaland. Please can someone put me through on Treasury bill. I know it will take your time but I appreciate any little time you give in to inform me please.
I have N1mill I want to invest with, will it be enough, what percentage will I get in return.
Thanks for your input.
do u have the discipline to tie the one (1) million down for one (1) calendar year? Is this the only fund u have?
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by skydiver01: 9:34pm On Dec 28, 2022
Kindly find below todays NTB auction results.. Interesting.. stop rates have fallen two or three consecutive times which have boded well for bond prices wink

2 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by raphemmanuel(m): 1:37am On Dec 29, 2022
VeeVeeMyLuv:
do u have the discipline to tie the one (1) million down for one (1) calendar year? Is this the only fund u have?
I heard someone can still opt for 91 days, 182 days and 365 days. Though I can still tie the money for one year.
How can I still go about this.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Fxmanager(m): 5:43am On Dec 29, 2022
skydiver01:
Kindly find below todays NTB auction results.. Interesting.. stop rates have fallen two or three consecutive times which have boded well for bond prices wink
What do you have to say about what we are doing here? We want to assure you that we have what it takes to deliver even with reduced risk.

With the fall in the value of the Naira and the surging inflation rate, how do you preserve and grow your wealth?

You can diversify and invest with us through our forex fund management service in other to beat the high inflation rate, preserve/increase your purchasing power and at the same time build your wealth in an inflationary economy. We are targeting an average monthly return of 5-20%+ for investors and you will be investing under a government-licensed and regulated forex brokerage firm. Visit the links below.

https://www.nairaland.com/7349176/worlds-most-consistently-profitable-forex

The link below shows you how compound interest can multiply your wealth.

https://www.nairaland.com/7349176/worlds-most-consistently-profitable-forex#116958088

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Nero4306(m): 11:31pm On Dec 29, 2022
Good evening house… has anyone receive payment for sukuk4 rental payment as today is dec 29th
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by faoogoke(m): 7:30am On Dec 30, 2022
Nero4306:
Good evening house… has anyone receive payment for sukuk4 rental payment as today is dec 29th
I waited all day yesterday but payment was not made.
Hopefully they will pay today 30th December.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by yungestmoney(m): 8:37am On Dec 30, 2022
DigitalMallam:

Many thanks.
I've been able to activate and access my CSCS acct, but yet to reflect in my portfolio.

Mine hasn't still reflected in portfolio.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Seun(m): 10:27am On Dec 30, 2022
skydiver01:
What kind of nonsense is this? I thought they were raising rates?

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by DigitalMallam: 10:41am On Dec 30, 2022
yungestmoney:

Mine hasn't still reflected in portfolio.
Yeah, but have received advise from my broker
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Nero4306(m): 3:08pm On Dec 30, 2022
faoogoke:

I waited all day yesterday but payment was not made.
Hopefully they will pay today 30th December.

And today is almost gone still no payment yet hmmm
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by ositadima1(m): 3:47pm On Dec 30, 2022
Ibechris2:

I used to like his analysis but his hate for other tribes made me see him like what he was being called.

The guy was simply a "small minded bigot" and I thank those who attacked him until he left in shame.

Can Sukuk be used as collateral to secure bank loan, has any one tried it?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (2110) (2111) (2112) (2113) (2114) (2115) (2116) ... (2230) (Reply)

Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts

Viewing this topic: Sultannayef, Ololade1999 and 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.