Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,242 members, 7,836,156 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 09:41 PM

Treasury Bills In Nigeria - Investment (2152) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Treasury Bills In Nigeria (4466881 Views)

Fixed Deposits Or Treasury Bills, Which Is Better? / Fixed Deposit And Treasury Bill Investments From Abroad / I Need Information On Treasury Bills In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2149) (2150) (2151) (2152) (2153) (2154) (2155) ... (2234) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by emmanuelewumi(m): 8:51am On Aug 29, 2023
I hope you guys bought Dangote Sugar shares when I was screaming buy ɓuy, the stock delivered 225% from 1st January 2023 till date and will do another 100% by the time the corporate restructuring of Dangote Sugar, NASCON and Dangote Rice to form a new company called Dangote Foods is concluded by the end of the year

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by emmanuelewumi(m): 8:54am On Aug 29, 2023
A guys could not sleep well at night because of his paper profit and had to sell 550,000 units yesterday to cash out about N27 million.

If he invests this in FGN bond he is sure of a coupon of about N4.4 million per annum for the next 25 years or more

6 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Ibrahim505(m): 12:40pm On Aug 29, 2023
emmanuelewumi:
A guys could not sleep well at night because of his paper profit and had to sell 550,000 units yesterday to cash out about N27 million.

If he invests this in FGN bond he is sure of a coupon of about N4.4 million per annum for the next 25 years or more
The smart farmers has a good storage for their crop after bumper harvest.

3 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Timmi: 4:04pm On Aug 29, 2023
emmanuelewumi:

Which tenure of the FGN bond yields 16%?

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by emmanuelewumi(m): 4:48pm On Aug 29, 2023
Timmi:

Which tenure of the FGN bond yields 16%?

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Nobody: 4:53pm On Aug 29, 2023
Yeah 2050,

cool
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by amordi: 5:04pm On Aug 29, 2023
Abeg who was successful in the last TB, bank and rate pls?

2 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by rmx: 2:03am On Aug 30, 2023
emmanuelewumi:

Hope am not that guy grin grin grin

But seriously that amount is insignificant in the scheme of things for me , I can put the money to far more profitable use than bond , than even stocks . I understand the need for diversification but don’t do bonds . I do first and foremost my businesses , real estate and dollar mutual funds and occasionally stocks when glaring opportunities knocks, by the way I entered the market with multiple of the total coupons for 25 years and I still sleep soundly like a baby grin

Done treasury bills and FD short term in the past (when naira was more stable )till the funds were deployed to more profitable use

In this our journey of financial freedom and building sustained wealth , there are many routes

2 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by emmanuelewumi(m): 4:15am On Aug 30, 2023
rmx:

Hope am not that guy grin grin grin

But seriously that amount is insignificant in the scheme of things for me , I can put the money to far more profitable use than bond , than even stocks . I understand the need for diversification but don’t do bonds . I do first and foremost my businesses , real estate and dollar mutual funds and occasionally stocks when glaring opportunities knocks, by the way I entered the market with multiple of the total coupons for 25 years and I still sleep soundly like a baby grin

Done treasury bills and FD short term in the past (when naira was more stable )till the funds were deployed to more profitable use

In this our journey of financial freedom and building sustained wealth , there are many routes

Booking profit has nothing to do with the size of the fund, I have being buying Dangote Sugsr since it was N6.00 when it was discovered to be undervalued by Afrininvest, United Capital, CSL and other investment houses.

i got a loan to buy more in November 2022, my share from the proceeds of the sale of my grandna house was used to buy Dangote Sugsr and Nahco.

Dangote sugar supplies sugar to Coca cola nigeria, Seven up bottling company, Nestle, Cadbury and many companies in the foods and beverage industry, demand is growimg and the future is btight.

You did the right thing by selling at N52 after achieving your objectives although it closed at N57.50k yesterday.

i am riding it till it gets to N100. BUA foods is now N180 with 18 billion shares, Dangote foods will exceed N120 when the merger is concluded.

7 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Timmi: 11:01am On Aug 30, 2023
emmanuelewumi:

Where did you see 16% for 2050 Bond, what I see is roughly 13%. Please I will be interested if you know where I can get the 16%. Thanks
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Tohmey(m): 11:16am On Aug 30, 2023
Investors in the house
Please, between
Building house for rent
And
Buying long term bond, mmf and fixed income fund
Which one is adviseable and that will yield more profit?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (2149) (2150) (2151) (2152) (2153) (2154) (2155) ... (2234) (Reply)

Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts

Viewing this topic: 4 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.