Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,658 members, 7,823,866 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 04:54 PM

Treasury Bills In Nigeria - Investment (2180) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Treasury Bills In Nigeria (4451478 Views)

Fixed Deposits Or Treasury Bills, Which Is Better? / Fixed Deposit And Treasury Bill Investments From Abroad / I Need Information On Treasury Bills In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2177) (2178) (2179) (2180) (2181) (2182) (2183) ... (2230) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by richforever123: 11:15am On Nov 24, 2023
abraolas1:

HI , Whats the minimum amount to invest in the primary market?

Fifty Million Naira Only
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Gavrelino123: 11:58am On Nov 24, 2023
egojeny1:

For one year?

Yeah one year, 364 days.

2 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Gavrelino123: 11:59am On Nov 24, 2023
abraolas1:

100k naira
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by egojeny1(f): 12:34pm On Nov 24, 2023
Gavrelino123:

Yeah one year, 364 days.
That's good
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by freeman67: 5:23pm On Nov 24, 2023
abraolas1:

If you want to bid by yourself it's N50M but if you want to follow the banks bid, it's depend on the bank. Some na from N100k and above, some na from N500k and above while others na from N1M and above.

3 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by drealj: 8:06pm On Nov 24, 2023
Evening,when is the next auction pls. And is there still secondary market

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by emmasoft(m): 9:20pm On Nov 24, 2023
drealj:
Evening,when is the next auction pls. And is there still secondary market

The next auction may be in January. The secondary market is every working day of the week.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by abraolas1: 7:37am On Nov 25, 2023
freeman67:

If you want to bid by yourself it's N50M but if you want to follow the banks bid, it's depend on the bank. Some na from N100k and above, some na from N500k and above while others na from N1M and above.

Thanks a lot for this

Happy Weekend Everyone
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by abraolas1: 7:38am On Nov 25, 2023
Gavrelino123:

100k naira

Hi Gav

Thanks a lot for the response

Please which bank is this if I may ask ?
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Gavrelino123: 11:55pm On Nov 26, 2023
abraolas1:

Hi Gav

Thanks a lot for the response

Please which bank is this if I may ask ?

You're welcome.....

I'm not very sure about the banks anymore..

I can only remember Gtbank and Access bank back then about 10 years ago.

If you're based in Nigeria, you can easily walk up to any of the aforementioned bank-branches and you will get a quality feedback from the bank's administrative service team.....
I hope this helps.

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Nakedman: 4:55am On Nov 27, 2023
Gavrelino123:
Gt bank primary Market TB auction was successful...I got 16%.

First bank gave me 14% crazy bank.

2 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by keeper303: 6:06pm On Nov 28, 2023
Please anyone with information about the 6th fgn sukuk bond? I have not heard any news since I made payment.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by DigitalMallam: 6:24pm On Nov 28, 2023
keeper303:

Please anyone with information about the 6th fgn sukuk bond? I have not heard any news since I made payment.
That should be next year September.
It's done yearly based on past occurrences. You should have tried MTN CP @16%, ended just yesterday.

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by freeman67: 6:36pm On Nov 28, 2023
keeper303:

Contact the financial institution/house through which you subscribed for full details. Though it was oversubscribed, I think they accommodated all the retail investors. This, it means it was successful.

I don't know why they have stopped informing subscribers about the success or not of their subscription. When I subscribed SUKUK IV with Greenwich, I was not informed whether the auction was successful or not but when I sent them a mail, they replied with a proof of investment.

However, for Sukuk VI, it's either Stanbic through which I subscribed does not seem to care these days or Gen Zs have taken over the establishment. If not why wouldn't they notify me of the status of the investment? And even after the a week that I contacted them, they just casually told me it was book and that's the end.

3 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Meerahbel: 6:39pm On Nov 28, 2023
freeman67:

Contact the financial institution/house through which you subscribed for full details. Though it was oversubscribed, I think they accommodated all the retail investors. This, it means it was successful.

I don't know why they have stopped informing subscribers about the success or not of their subscription. When I subscribed SUKUK IV with Greenwich, I was not informed whether the auction was successful or not but when I sent them a mail, they replied with a proof of investment.

However, for Sukuk VI, it's either Stanbic through which I subscribed does not seem to care these days or Gen Zs have taken over the establishment. If not why wouldn't they notify me of the status of the investment? And even after the a week that I contacted them, they just casually told me it was book and that's the end.
They are over worked and the good ones have Japa.

2 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by freeman67: 6:40pm On Nov 28, 2023
DigitalMallam:

That should be next year September.
It's done yearly based on past occurrences. You should have tried MTN CP @16%, ended just yesterday.

He is not looking to make a new investment, he talking about the already subscribed SUKUK VI.

There are other CP's with higher rates; like SKDL and Robust international with coronation. My issues with TB is the sudden 10% WHT they are deducting from accrued interest these days.

4 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by keeper303: 7:02pm On Nov 28, 2023
freeman67:

Thank you for your prompt response. Some workers no longer want to do their work diligently.

2 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by freeman67: 7:10pm On Nov 28, 2023
Meerahbel:
They are over worked and the good ones have Japa.

I thought as much. I just discovered that except you have a direct contact of staff with them, this that used to easily done at the counter is now very difficult.

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by DigitalMallam: 7:14pm On Nov 28, 2023
freeman67:

He is not looking to make a new investment, he talking about the already subscribed SUKUK VI.

There are other CP's with higher rates; like SKDL and Robust international with coronation. My issues with TB is the sudden 10% WHT they are deducting from accrued interest these days.
Thanks, I didn't read the request well.
I did Sukuk V last yr. It took approximately a month before the advice came through. I remember calling my broker repeatedly and they had to explain the process. Until the DMO aggregate the subscription and announce % over/under subscription in a press statement - which take btw 2-3weeks. Individual investor will have to wait.
More importantly, one won't get the exact amount subscribe, as it's usually oversubscribed to, another one week will pass before your excess money will be credited to your account.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Akerewe(m): 8:31pm On Nov 28, 2023
keeper303:

When did u subscribed?
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Akerewe(m): 8:33pm On Nov 28, 2023
Good day house,

Pls when is the next FGN bond?
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by keeper303: 10:16pm On Nov 28, 2023
Akerewe:

When did u subscribed?

5th October, 2023 through Jaiz Bank.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by RayRay06677(m): 10:19pm On Nov 28, 2023
Akerewe:
Good day house,

Pls when is the next FGN bond?

Please I need this answer too
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by emmasoft(m): 11:50pm On Nov 28, 2023
freeman67:

Actually, it was a holiday of 10 years of no WHT on returns from T-bills since 2012 and it ended last year that is the reason the 10% WHT is back

9 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by freeman67: 1:04am On Nov 29, 2023
emmasoft:

Actually, it was a holiday of 10 years of no WHT on returns from T-bills since 2012 and it ended last year that is the reason the 10% WHT is back

Wow..!! Thanks so much for the info at least I now know why.

The holiday, was it for TB alone or it included CP because I am being tax for CPs too. The most annoying part is that they will not include it in proof of investment. I actually wanted to write CP up therebbut carried away with what I was doing?
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Akerewe(m): 5:11am On Nov 29, 2023
keeper303:

5th October, 2023 through Jaiz Bank.

Mail jaiz bank or go there in person, u should be advised by now. U can also call to know the status of ur bidding.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by emmasoft(m): 6:34am On Nov 29, 2023
freeman67:

The holiday, was it for TB alone or it included CP because I am being tax for CPs too. The most annoying part is that they will not include it in proof of investment. I actually wanted to write CP up therebbut carried away with what I was doing?

The same applies for CP.

Check this article on nairametrics Commercial papers in Nigeria in 2023: 6 key things to note

4 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by RayRay06677(m): 7:50am On Nov 29, 2023
emmasoft:

The same applies for CP.

Check this article on nairametrics Commercial papers in Nigeria in 2023: 6 key things to note

Post link if possible
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by freeman67: 7:56am On Nov 29, 2023
[/quote]te author=emmasoft post=127219471]

The same applies for CP.

Check this article on nairametrics Commercial papers in Nigeria in 2023: 6 key things to note[/quote]

Thanks, I've seen it.

RayRay06677:

Post link if possible[/b]

https://nairametrics.com/2023/11/11/commercial-papers-in-nigeria-in-2023-6-key-things-to-note/
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Chikebrain: 9:07am On Nov 29, 2023
This is fairmoney interest rate. How is this rate possible. I'm almost tempted by it

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by NL1960: 9:23am On Nov 29, 2023
Chikebrain:
This is fairmoney interest rate. How is this rate possible. I'm almost tempted by it

Risky but possible. The Microfinance banks change interest per month and it is on flat basis and not on reducing balance basis. Some change as high as 6% per month. 6% per month is 72% P.A.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by enque(f): 9:24am On Nov 29, 2023
freeman67:

I do CPs with Meristem and they clearly state all deductions in the proof of investment letter.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (2177) (2178) (2179) (2180) (2181) (2182) (2183) ... (2230) (Reply)

Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts

Viewing this topic: DAMMYORES and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.