Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,442 members, 7,816,007 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 11:24 PM

Treasury Bills In Nigeria - Investment (2224) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Treasury Bills In Nigeria (4437789 Views)

Fixed Deposits Or Treasury Bills, Which Is Better? / Fixed Deposit And Treasury Bill Investments From Abroad / I Need Information On Treasury Bills In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2221) (2222) (2223) (2224) (2225) (2226) (2227) ... (2229) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by emmasoft(m): 7:21am On Apr 15
Tranquility2345:

If safety of capital is your motivation for investing, why not just keep your money in the bank? πŸ€”

@Tranquility2345 the emphasis in my post is the word first. I'm not saying safety of capital should be the only motivation for investing but it should be the first motivation and not returns... of course returns is a motivation but should not be preferred over safety of capital.

7 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by awesomeJ(m): 7:54am On Apr 15
RayRay06677:

Should take it back to less than 5h

Those who don't see this as good enough should start bidding USD up to 1900 too na.

I know a guy who spent around 300m trying to bid USDT up to 1124, his entire orders were filled, USDT is still at 1112 on that platform.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by awesomeJ(m): 7:55am On Apr 15
emmasoft:

@Tranquility2345 the emphasis in my post is the word first. I'm not saying safety of capital should be the only motivation for investing but it should be the first motivation and not returns... of course returns is a motivation but should not be preferred over safety of capital.

Your post was clear enough boss.
Anyone should have gotten the point without any issues.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by oluayebenz: 9:02am On Apr 15
awesomeJ:

I would say the CBN should pause at 900 to 1000 levels and start building reserves.
They've done a lot of work regarding boosting supply by way of crashing unnecessary demand and hoarding.

They should now complement it with reforms that significantly lessen the burden for folks that genuinely need FX. I should not be waiting for weeks to get my forms A/M treated, I shouldn't spend more than an hour to process my BTA/PTA etc.

Then while these hoarders continue flooding the market, they should mop up and target a $40bn reserves level in a few months.

You are right thou but the market and CBN policies is driving down the overated USD and naira going back to its true value.

When naira finally settled and strengthen to it true value, CBN will put everything in place.
#Truth the process
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by oluayebenz: 9:05am On Apr 15
RayRay06677:

Should take it back to less than 5h

It's a gradual process

The economy is bouncing back.

When naira finally settled, it will shock everybody.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Tranquility2345: 9:09am On Apr 15
awesomeJ:

Your post was clear enough boss.
Anyone should have gotten the point without any issues.

Who be this hopeless ITK always trying to sound like the smartest person in the room. Come on gerrout of here with that your Yamayama face.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Acidosis(m): 9:27am On Apr 15
oluayebenz:

It's a gradual process

The economy is bouncing back.

When naira finally settled, it will shock everybody.

I envy your positivity. I wish the Nigerian government has given me enough hope in the past to think and write like you.

5 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by oluayebenz: 9:29am On Apr 15
If this is true then the person deserved to go bankrupt.

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by oluayebenz: 9:32am On Apr 15
Acidosis:

I envy your positivity. I wish the Nigerian government has given me enough hope in the past to think and write like you.

Mr Card... is changing the narrative.

Honestly things are falling back to places.

With the look of things, naira will continue to gain massively.

Will quote you when it gets to 700
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by awesomeJ(m): 9:36am On Apr 15
oluayebenz:
If this is true then the person deserved to go bankrupt.
People are just selfish.
You want to short your country's currency knowing that it'll cause millions of people to suffer, but you don't mind, you only care about your selfish interest. It's too bad.

If I short Dangote cement or AccessBank for instance, only billionaires feel some impact in their net worth, that's the kind of shorting people should attempt, but they're mostly too inexperienced to try that, they'd rather short the currency and keep hoping that ineeficiencies continue.

2 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Tranquility2345: 9:41am On Apr 15
awesomeJ:

People are just selfish.
You want to short your country's currency knowing that it'll cause millions of people to suffer, but you don't mind, you only care about your selfish interest. It's too bad.

If I short Dangote cement or AccessBank for instance, only billionaires feel some impact in their net worth, that's the kind of shorting people should attempt, but they're mostly too inexperienced to try that, they'd rather short the currency and keep hoping that ineeficiencies continue.

Always trying to use jargons to show himself. No be only short. Na long. Come on gerrout of here. I can bet that you are a very short man. I feel that short man energy in your writings. Hiss…
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by chimex38: 10:10am On Apr 15
awesomeJ:

Love ur inputs...
just Keep avoiding... wink smiley

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by egojeny1(f): 12:14pm On Apr 15
Acidosis:

Swears. He's very optimistic. Even when people disagreed with him he refused to succumb. I like his positive mindset. I just pray dollar will continue to fall so our country will be great again.

2 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Timmi: 12:29pm On Apr 15
jedisco:

Hehe... also bring in how much interest people in Argentina are 'enjoying'. Mentioning interest rate without inflation is moot.

Using your example, someone in the UK who choses to invest today at 6% rather than spend should in a years time be able to purchase same item they were looking to buy today with some change to spare. This is because their inflation is below that rate and falling.

Same person in Nigeria who choses to invest may be unable to purchase in 1 yr what he was looking to buy today. This is because our inflation is abt 30% and rising. The interest becomes positive if the CBN can get it above inflation or get inflation down.

Overall, we should rather be worried our interest rate is running that high when that of every sensible economy is at least half. The CBN is not sharing 'enjoyment'.

The inflation rate in Nigeria is artificial and it is a reflection of the greed in human nature - Man's inhumanity to man. Initially it was exchange rate, now that the rate has come down, you will expect cost of goods to follow suit, but no. Fuel will soon be trending down, Diesel already started the downward trend. Naturally, the cost of goods should follow this trend, but Nigeria don't follow economic logic simply because of the sabotage in the system.

5 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Timmi: 1:05pm On Apr 15
Nigerian Inflation scaled by 150bps to 33.2%

Price pressures remained prevalent in Nigeria as the March CPI published by the NBS indicated that the headline reading surged by 150bps to 33.2%. Most of the pressures emanated from the food basket, which scaled by 210bps, while the core index increased by 77bps. More analysis to follow

CardinalStone Research
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by freeman67: 1:43pm On Apr 15
Ibrahim505:
It's due time for rental payments!
Has anyone here subscribed to 2023 Sukuk Bond received his coupon?

Ehen.... That rental payment date fell on a Saturday so I thought the payment will just be done today but nothing has been done so far.

4 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Foodempire: 2:55pm On Apr 15
freeman67:

Ehen.... That rental payment date fell on a Saturday so I thought the payment will just be done today but nothing has been done so far.

Same here, nothing received yet hopefully tomorrow morning. Update the house if you have received yours.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by jedisco(m): 3:16pm On Apr 15
Itsrm:

Those who think banks will have any significant reduction in profit this year will be shocked.

Those banks have perfected the art of making money.

The issue is that they are allowed to make huge sums at the expense of the real economy. Practically just making loads from currency fluctuations while stifling growth.
More annoyingly, their services are hardly decent wit branches limited to major cities or towns, long queues and lots of unserviced atm machines.

Their regulator - the CBN oversight agencies like the National assembly should also be held responsible.

2 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by jedisco(m): 3:23pm On Apr 15
awesomeJ:

What we're saying is investing in naira assets vs HOLDING USD purely for speculation.

The fact that this is even up for debate should be worrying enough.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by alezzy13: 5:20pm On Apr 15
Odunharry:

Wait till Monday and see

Great news! Just got debited cool cool evidently GT still went through.

Thanks for keeping me positive.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by presiade(m): 5:23pm On Apr 15
alezzy13:

Thanks for keeping me positive.

What rate did you get?
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by alezzy13: 5:23pm On Apr 15
vanvickie:

Hi. I looked up the FSDH ASSET MANAGEMENT, I noticed that Coral Balanced Funds is @ 27+%, which is higher than TB rate. I want to understand why it's not a better option to invest in it.

Ive read through all their products and it seems you can easily withdraw your funds (within 48hrs), so I'm trying to understand why it's not a better alternative...

Care to explain pls?

Well others have explained, so no need repeat. Basically do your DD.

Personally I won't touch any of those balanced or equity based funds with a long pole. Strictly money market for me
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by alezzy13: 5:32pm On Apr 15
presiade:

What rate did you get?

20% πŸ‘
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by presiade(m): 5:34pm On Apr 15
alezzy13:

20% πŸ‘

Great! That's for the 364-day tenor obviously.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by alezzy13: 5:40pm On Apr 15
emmasoft:

Don't forget: THE RETURN OF INVESTMENT IS TO BE CONSIDERED FIRST BEFORE THE RETURN ON INVESTMENT.

On marble!!

hias2012:

For those other funds there is more to them than can be understood. A number of times I tried it I regretted my decision.

No be only you.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by alezzy13: 5:42pm On Apr 15
presiade:

Great! That's for the 364-day tenor obviously.

Yep

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Ibrahim505(m): 5:43pm On Apr 15
freeman67:

Same here, nothing received yet

2 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by ositadima1(m): 7:23pm On Apr 15
awesomeJ:

People are just selfish.

Is short-selling even possible within the Nigerian financial space? Are there brokers willing to lend stocks to their customers for the purpose of short-selling? This is an interesting proposition to consider.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Odunharry(m): 7:35pm On Apr 15
[quote author=alezzy13 post=129454483]

Thanks for keeping me positive. [/quotel]
Anytime bro..

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by David6956: 7:54pm On Apr 15
alezzy13:

Was it primary market ?...Good day house do any one know the current rare fo tb
20% πŸ‘
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by awesomeJ(m): 7:57pm On Apr 15
ositadima1:

Is short-selling even possible within the Nigerian financial space? Are there brokers willing to lend stocks to their customers for the purpose of short-selling? This is an interesting proposition to consider.
I think is available. For institutional investors at least.

But there needs to be derivatives like "call" and "put" options as well as margin leverage to really make it worthwhile.

Check:

https://ngxgroup.com/ngx-download/ngx-securities-lending-report-for-april-2/
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Akby(m): 8:13pm On Apr 15
Hi everyone. I recently started my TB journey but I'm a bit confused on a couple of things and have the following questions:

1. I applied via Stanbic IBTC but I didn't receive any update last week. The money is still in my account so I want to believe the bid didn't go through. Might this be general or just me?
2. Can I bid on the Primary Market via Stanbic IBTC below 50m?
3. Do I have to fill a new form targeting the next bid or the last 'unsuccessful' one is still valid

Many thanks for your kind assistance

(1) (2) (3) ... (2221) (2222) (2223) (2224) (2225) (2226) (2227) ... (2229) (Reply)

Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.