Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,672 members, 7,862,103 topics. Date: Sunday, 16 June 2024 at 08:40 AM

Treasury Bills In Nigeria - Investment (2235) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Treasury Bills In Nigeria (4506868 Views)

Fixed Deposits Or Treasury Bills, Which Is Better? / Fixed Deposit And Treasury Bill Investments From Abroad / I Need Information On Treasury Bills In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2232) (2233) (2234) (2235) (2236) (2237) (2238) ... (2242) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by PNomsule: 12:43pm On May 23
awesomeJ:

Yes. One year papers have c. 26% yields on them.

Prime lending rate is typically MPR+4%, but only blue chips get those.

For the regular Joe, it could be as high as MPR +14%.

So 30.25 - 40.25%

That's quite high 😳... again I am quite thankful for the help.

I wish to know if there's a reputable certificate training class on Finance one can enroll in? Your help will be appreciated highly.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by awesomeJ(m): 1:27pm On May 23
PNomsule:

That's quite high 😳... again I am quite thankful for the help.

I wish to know if there's a reputable certificate training class on Finance one can enroll in? Your help will be appreciated highly.

You're welcome boss.

I do not know any training class on Finance, except you're talking of certifications like CFA, FMVA, and the likes.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by tabithababy(f): 1:50pm On May 23
teejay5:
Why did u say so, cause I bided with Dem too
. Okay, please were you debited?
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by PNomsule: 5:27pm On May 23
awesomeJ:

You're welcome boss.

I do not know any training class on Finance, except you're talking of certifications like CFA, FMVA, and the likes.

I appreciate your insight every step of the way...meanwhile, the CFA would be fine although it's a bit more formal, I had wanted something inexpensive and a tad bit novitiate if you get what I mean.

I will be following your inputs on the topic and I trust to glean more from you. Remain blessed 🙌

4 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by teejay5(f): 8:01pm On May 23
I av been debited for TB safe keep and trans fee,but I noticed der is minus sign in front of d mean figure so I am still waiting for further notification.
tabithababy:
. Okay, please were you debited?
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by apeleone(f): 7:27am On May 24
Please has anyone been debited from GTB?
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Rizin: 10:05am On May 24
apeleone:
Please has anyone been debited from GTB?

Still expecting.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by balostica: 10:15am On May 24
Rizin:

Still expecting.
Still expecting too and this is my first time of doing it . Could it be that the bid was not successful
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by apeleone(f): 10:20am On May 24
balostica:

Still expecting too and this is my first time of doing it . Could it be that the bid was not successful
I spoke with my account officer yesterday claimed it was successful but till this moment I haven't been debited.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by balostica: 10:35am On May 24
I just spoke with my account officer now , it was not successful for gtb
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by balostica: 11:02am On May 24
apeleone:

I spoke with my account officer yesterday claimed it was successful but till this moment I haven't been debited.

Is it for one year tenor or what tenor ? Mine was one year and I just called her now only for her to tell me it was not successful , I even asked for secondary own but she said it’s not available at the moment ..

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by apeleone(f): 11:18am On May 24
Is it for one year tenor or what tenor ? Mine was one year and I just called her now only for her to tell me it was not successful , I even asked for secondary own but she said it’s not available at the moment ..

Yes,it was for a year tenor. I should have used stanbic ibtc.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by balostica: 11:47am On May 24
apeleone:

Yes,it was for a year tenor. I should have used stanbic ibtc.
I am not sure it’s successful because she told me straight this morning I have just called my first bank account officer for secondary auction now and he is saying 19 percent for 349 days . Pls is the rate fair enough because I have not done this before
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by apeleone(f): 11:54am On May 24
balostica:

I am not sure it’s successful because she told me straight this morning I have just called my first bank account officer for secondary auction now and he is saying 19 percent for 349 days . Pls is the rate fair enough because I have not done this before
19% is not bad
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by yinkaoke(f): 12:39pm On May 24
Oops we have a training in finance and trading related financial instruments with simulation- it's anchored by treasurers of banks with hands on experience. You will be trained on how to trade in financial products. If you interested hala
PNomsule:

I appreciate your insight every step of the way...meanwhile, the CFA would be fine although it's a bit more formal, I had wanted something inexpensive and a tad bit novitiate if you get what I mean.

I will be following your inputs on the topic and I trust to glean more from you. Remain blessed 🙌
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by freeman67: 1:21pm On May 24
balostica:

19% is very ok considering the fact that most of their successful in the primary market have stayed around that rate.

2 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by emmasoft(m): 8:49pm On May 24
Some Unique Features of Norrenberger Dollar Fund (NDF)

1. Accepts Naira Deposit
2. Accepts Cash Deposits in Dollars.
3. Quarterly dividend payment with the option of reinvestment.

Chat with me when you are ready to start or use the attached registration form.

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Grupo(m): 6:27am On May 25
emmasoft:

Some Unique Features of Norrenberger Dollar Fund (NDF)

1. Accepts Naira Deposit
2. Accepts Cash Deposits in Dollars.
3. Quarterly dividend payment with the option of reinvestment.

Chat with me when you are ready to start.

Who owns or rather runs it?

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Escapist(f): 9:12am On May 25
Good morning all. I was informed by GTB that the minimum they accept for TB primary market is not 50m.

Are other banks still accepting lower and did anyone successfully bid below this amount with GTB?
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by emmasoft(m): 10:42am On May 25
Grupo:

Who owns or rather runs it?

Norrenberger is into
Asset Management
Investment Banking
Pensions
Securities
Insurance
They are five now going to six years in business, they bought over IEI. Kindly read more about the managers and board of directors (owners) from the website.

Thank you my Oga.

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Odunharry(m): 11:54am On May 25
freeman67:

19% is very ok considering the fact that most of their successful in the primary market have stayed around that rate.
Secondary market for a year around Thursday was over 24%. Depending on the bank or house you are using

2 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Odunharry(m): 11:55am On May 25
balostica:

You can get up to 24% though secondary market
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by freeman67: 1:07pm On May 25
Odunharry:

Secondary market for a year around Thursday was over 24%. Depending on the bank or house you are using

The secondary market rate you get from banks is very different from what all those apps and other investments houses offers you. With the banks getting anything above 19% is a every serious luck because even the FGN who are the auctioneers have not given more than 20.7 for a while has not given in the Primary Market so getting upto 24% is unrealistic and out of the equation.

Also, with the banks like FBN, you will see the rate clearly stated but with some of those apps especially like Invest, Sewa Run and what have you, what you see there is mostly the yields not rates. With them, their rates will be mostimes far lower than the 19% given by FBN because they will only offer to pay your interest at maturity.

Infact I bank with Standard Chartered where through their bank app you can do everything from checking the availability of rates and investing if you all by yourself if you so desire. I have not seen anything more than 18.3 there recently. Yet their is still better than all those apps that brandish 24%.

With this 19%, if the investor choose to reinvest the interest it will be higher. The pictures attached show what you will get at maturity if you are to invest for example: 5M via I-invest for 362 day at the said 20.4%. If you chose to invest the 5M with First Bank @ 19% with 362 and reinvest the interest to collect it at maturity, the least you be expecting will be about N6,119,736.85 not the N5,991.000 in the screenshot.

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by WestPB: 6:00pm On May 25
freeman67:

The secondary market rate you get from banks is very different from what all those apps and other investments houses offers you. With the banks getting anything above 19% is a every serious luck because even the FGN who are the auctioneers have not given more than 20.7 for a while has not given in the Primary Market so getting upto 24% is unrealistic and out of the equation.

Also, with the banks like FBN, you will see the rate clearly stated but with some of those apps especially like Invest, Sewa Run and what have you, what you see there is mostly the yields not rates. With them, their rates will be mostimes far lower than the 19% given by FBN because they will only offer to pay your interest at maturity.

Infact I bank with Standard Chartered where through their bank app you can do everything from checking the availability of rates and investing if you all by yourself if you so desire. I have not seen anything more than 18.3 there recently. Yet their is still better than all those apps that brandish 24%.

With this 19%, if the investor choose to reinvest the interest it will be higher. The pictures attached show what you will get at maturity if you are to invest for example: 5M via I-invest for 362 day at the said 20.4%. If you chose to invest the 5M with First Bank @ 19% with 362 and reinvest the interest to collect it at maturity, the least you be expecting will be about N6,119,736.85 not the N5,991.000 in the screenshot.

Please which app or platform are these screenshot taken?
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by freeman67: 7:59pm On May 25
WestPB:

Please which app or platform are these screenshot taken?
I-invest.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by WestPB: 9:38pm On May 25
freeman67:

I-invest.

Alright. Thanks
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by narite: 10:22pm On May 25
freeman67:

I-invest.
Just opened an account with them. They have it all. Love it!!
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by emdeeCreativeW: 10:23pm On May 25
Even GTBank are trying to Woo us . But the interest is low. TB all the way

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by farydah: 8:09am On May 26
awesomeJ:

Depends on the tenor.
If it's around 91 days, they'll be expecting to discount your bills at say 19%.
Basically, the going rate plus 1-2% markup.

You may lose part of your principal of you haven't held for long.

If you want more specific analysis, give more info about the investment, we'll run the numbers for you, then you can make an informed decision
ok I did 5million at 15.5% for 352 days with zenith bank
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by tabithababy(f): 8:29am On May 26
farydah:
ok I did 5million at 15.5% for 352 days with zenith bank
. Please is this treasury bills
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by farydah: 8:30am On May 26
tabithababy:
. Please is this treasury bills
yes but secondary market rate
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by uptimum123(m): 8:56am On May 26
I intend to visit GTbank this week to purchase at the secondary market, is there any particular person I need to speak with when I get there ?

This is my first time

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (2232) (2233) (2234) (2235) (2236) (2237) (2238) ... (2242) (Reply)

Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts

Viewing this topic: 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.