Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,986 members, 7,866,709 topics. Date: Friday, 21 June 2024 at 12:27 AM

Treasury Bills In Nigeria - Investment (262) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Treasury Bills In Nigeria (4513582 Views)

Fixed Deposits Or Treasury Bills, Which Is Better? / Fixed Deposit And Treasury Bill Investments From Abroad / I Need Information On Treasury Bills In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (259) (260) (261) (262) (263) (264) (265) ... (2244) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by unite4real: 2:02pm On Feb 14, 2017
40manlappy:

They are just being mischievous. They want to meet their targets by all means! cheesy

Send a mail to their head office on enquiries@diamondbank.com and complaints@diamondbank.com

If you are on Twitter, you can also call them out on @DiamondBankNG

@dagr8 Trust me, before this is resolved, you would have missed this week's auction. i am talking from experience but the trouble will be worth it, so that next time they know who they are dealing with. If i walked into their retail banking and they see me, everyone around knows that they have to attend to me without mistakes.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by ukay2: 2:07pm On Feb 14, 2017
unite4real:

@dagr8 Trust me, before this is resolved, you would have missed this week's auction. i am talking from experience but the trouble will be worth it, so that next time they know who they are dealing with. If i walked into their retail banking and they see me, everyone around knows that they have to attend to me without mistakes.

Na so stanbic ibtc bank de attend to my investment request without MISTAKES after calling their ogas during the early years of my transactions with dem.

3 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by tundebabzy: 2:29pm On Feb 14, 2017
dagr8:
Hello house, please any one here who has ever used Diamond bank to bid? I don't know why they are giving me trouble. They insist I can only buy from the secondary market and I cant bid myself. What is the solution to this wahala? undecided
I have and it went well. My first try years ago, they told me I'd have to have a minimum of 1m. I didn't investigate further and abandoned my plans to buy. After going through this thread this year, I first sent an email to their customer care and they replied that the minimum is 100k. Armed with that information, I walk into any branch armed with my instruction letter. I go straight to the customer care section and ask whoever is there to process it for me. No questions asked! Since you already know how things work, just take your instruction letter to them. Make sure you specify in your instruction, maybe underline it for emphasis, that you only want to purchase from the primary market. #shikena

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Houstency(m): 3:31pm On Feb 14, 2017
ukay2:

Na so stanbic ibtc bank de attend to my investment request without MISTAKES after calling their ogas during the early years of my transactions with dem.

Lol same with me boss. I dey even ask for photocopy of any dealings with them, that one alone dey send chills down their spine lol. Thank God for their customer care line and email account. Na dem go dey do the calling and begging
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by kwallet: 3:42pm On Feb 14, 2017
Please educate me on FGN bond. How can some1 buy? And what was the last rate?

Thanks in advance.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Happyfellow147: 4:49pm On Feb 14, 2017
Please what does a letter of instruction look like and who prepares it? I tried with fidelity securities but they said the minimum is 1m.Now I have just 100k to invest and want to do it as soon as practicable. However, I have my nysc account with stanbic ibtc but I don't want to walk in there like someone with no experience (which sadly is the true position)I want to go in there and make them treat my matter without mistakes just like some people on this thread. I need suggestions please. The account with stanbic has been dormant for more than one year now.
tundebabzy:

I have and it went well. My first try years ago, they told me I'd have to have a minimum of 1m. I didn't investigate further and abandoned my plans to buy. After going through this thread this year, I first sent an email to their customer care and they replied that the minimum is 100k. Armed with that information, I walk into any branch armed with my instruction letter. I go straight to the customer care section and ask whoever is there to process it for me. No questions asked! Since you already know how things work, just take your instruction letter to them. Make sure you specify in your instruction, maybe underline it for emphasis, that you only want to purchase from the primary market. #shikena
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by MyMail2D: 4:49pm On Feb 14, 2017
Hi
Same here...

Please educate me on FGN bond.
How can someone buy?
Where can I buy?
Minimum amount to buy?
And what was the last rate?
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by feelamong(m): 5:04pm On Feb 14, 2017
MyMail2D:
Hi
Same here...

Please educate me on FGN bond.
How can someone buy?
Where can I buy?
Minimum amount to buy?
And what was the last rate?

I think there is a thread for FGN Bond...

https://www.nairaland.com/1236944/how-invest-fgn-bonds#14931228
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by MyMail2D: 11:35pm On Feb 14, 2017
Hi feelamong,

That thread is quite "dead" , 1 page alone and the last real post was Aug 2013.
Many of the questions asked on that forum have still not been answered, thus I am also still searching..
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by feelamong(m): 7:18am On Feb 15, 2017
MyMail2D:
Hi feelamong,

That thread is quite "dead" , 1 page alone and the last real post was Aug 2013.
Many of the questions asked on that forum have still not been answered, thus I am also still searching..

This is another one.....

https://www.nairaland.com/2236356/investing-federal-government-bonds-nigeria/1
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Happyfellow147: 7:47am On Feb 15, 2017
Someone should please help me
Happyfellow147:
Please what does a letter of instruction look like and who prepares it? I tried with fidelity securities but they said the minimum is 1m.Now I have just 100k to invest and want to do it as soon as practicable. However, I have my nysc account with stanbic ibtc but I don't want to walk in there like someone with no experience (which sadly is the true position)I want to go in there and make them treat my matter without mistakes just like some people on this thread. I need suggestions please. The account with stanbic has been dormant for more than one year now.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by tundebabzy: 8:04am On Feb 15, 2017
Happyfellow147:

Visit this web page for a template:
http://nairametrics.com/sample-letter-of-application-to-purchase-treasury-bills/

Remember to specify that you only want to purchase from the primary market.

However, I think stanbic and gtb will give you a form to fill in lieu of a written instruction but I'm not sure about that.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by 40manlappy: 8:04am On Feb 15, 2017
Happyfellow147:

It is no rocket science.

Simply reactivate your account with them and indicate your desire to invest in Tbills.

They should give you two forms: "custodial agreement" and "tender for TBills". All you need in addition these forms is a simple letter requesting to bid at the primary auction stating your preferred tenor (91, 182 or 364 days), account name and account number and authorizing them to debit your account. You may indicate your desire to go with their bid rate or state your preferred bid rate.

It is very simple! smiley
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by walexy14(m): 8:13am On Feb 15, 2017
Are you looking for the best investment plan that would yield great returns? Rosabon Treasury Note - RTN is just for you! With this plan, not only are you availed with highly competitive rates from 14.50% to 18.50% depending on the tenor and volume of investment. for more details www.rosabon-finance.com or 08036450638
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Happyfellow147: 9:51am On Feb 15, 2017
Thank you so much
40manlappy:

It is no rocket science.

Simply reactivate your account with them and indicate your desire to invest in Tbills.

They should give you two forms: "custodial agreement" and "tender for TBills". All you need in addition these forms is a simple letter requesting to bid at the primary auction stating your preferred tenor (91, 182 or 364 days), account name and account number and authorizing them to debit your account. You may indicate your desire to go with their bid rate or state your preferred bid rate.

It is very simple! smiley
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Happyfellow147: 9:51am On Feb 15, 2017
Thank you so much
tundebabzy:

Visit this web page for a template:
http://nairametrics.com/sample-letter-of-application-to-purchase-treasury-bills/

Remember to specify that you only want to purchase from the primary market.

However, I think stanbic and gtb will give you a form to fill in lieu of a written instruction but I'm not sure about that.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Ojix85: 9:56am On Feb 15, 2017
My people,

Any idea on rates yet?

smiley
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by veecovee: 12:35pm On Feb 15, 2017
pls waz meaning of OMO
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by slimtriggaman: 12:39pm On Feb 15, 2017
Open Market Operation
veecovee:
pls waz meaning of OMO

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by slimtriggaman: 12:41pm On Feb 15, 2017
My fellow ogas at the top...kindly share stop rates for today's auction.. Thank you.

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by munezo(m): 2:09pm On Feb 15, 2017
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Ojix85: 2:25pm On Feb 15, 2017
munezo:
Notice

http://thenationonlineng.net/fed-govt-unveils-strategic-plan-bond-market/

Nice info bro. We hope the rates will be attractive.

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by slimtriggaman: 2:35pm On Feb 15, 2017
This feels like a "wolf of wall street" scheme
munezo:
Notice

http://thenationonlineng.net/fed-govt-unveils-strategic-plan-bond-market/

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by feelamong(m): 2:44pm On Feb 15, 2017
@BusinessDayNg: BREAKING: Jan 2017 headline inflation rises 18.72% from 18.55%
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Blessedgurl(f): 3:00pm On Feb 15, 2017
Please, I would like to buy treasury bills but would like to know what the interest rate is?

Still a novice though.

@40manlappy
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by veecovee: 3:12pm On Feb 15, 2017
slimtriggaman:
Open Market Operation
thks
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by 40manlappy: 3:16pm On Feb 15, 2017
feelamong:

Stop rates for today's auction might be the same as the last one or even higher cool

2 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by ukay2: 3:41pm On Feb 15, 2017
feelamong:

Na wa oooo. ...so 364days NTB should better be 18.75% or we at a loss

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by zamirikpo(m): 4:40pm On Feb 15, 2017
ukay2:

Na wa oooo. ...so 364days NTB should better be 18.75% or we at a loss

even at 18.5% we r still good, remember the true yield is over 22.0%.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by slimtriggaman: 6:28pm On Feb 15, 2017
update on closing rates
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by 40manlappy: 7:25pm On Feb 15, 2017
Blessedgurl:
Please, I would like to buy treasury bills but would like to know what the interest rate is?

Still a novice though.

@40manlappy

CBN determines rates for treasury bills so there is no static rate. Think of it as an "auction", then you can understand it better.

What most investors do is take calculated guesses based on historical information and inflation rate. Some other investors pass the worry to the bank by allowing them to quote their own rates while bidding on their behalf at the primary auction.

We are still awaiting the results of the primary auction that took place today being 15/02/2017. Will try to paste the last "stop rates" below.

**modified
Find below stop rates for the last Auction February 1 2017

91 days -----13.79%

182 days ----17.249%

364 days -----18.54%
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Blessedgurl(f): 1:17am On Feb 16, 2017
40manlappy:

We are still awaiting the results of the primary auction that took place today being 15/02/2017. Will try to paste the last "stop rates" below.

Thank you so much.

Please, if I want to buy through a Bank, which Banks are good enough as well as how much is the minimum amount to buy?

(1) (2) (3) ... (259) (260) (261) (262) (263) (264) (265) ... (2244) (Reply)

Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts

Viewing this topic: 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.