Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,576 members, 7,837,170 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 06:14 PM

Treasury Bills In Nigeria - Investment (283) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Treasury Bills In Nigeria (4468986 Views)

Fixed Deposits Or Treasury Bills, Which Is Better? / Fixed Deposit And Treasury Bill Investments From Abroad / I Need Information On Treasury Bills In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (280) (281) (282) (283) (284) (285) (286) ... (2234) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by sherif4owo(m): 1:25pm On Mar 24, 2017
dejiotus:

I have just received a very good news from my Stanbic account officer. Although I am yet to be debited, these are the rates quoted for customers that submitted bids for the Treasury bills auction last Wednesday. 18.43% for 364 day; 17 % for 182 day and 13.45% for 91 day tenor. With the stop rate of 18.69%, the bank has justified my action of rejecting the bid from Zenith last week and transferring my funds to Stanbic.

do you mean you submitted a bid request without a rate or filled a form for the amount without stating any rate? I just opened a stanbic account too, I will have to bid through them next week.

customer care seems to know nothing about Tbills here.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by sanerugwei: 2:13pm On Mar 24, 2017
zamirikpo:

u r on point, this would guide potential investors on the next auction.

1. sterling ------- 18%
2. stanbic ibtc -----18.43%
3. Gtb -------17.99%

more update guyz........

What is going on with GTB? 18% for three consecutive weeks. Its like they have fixed it gan.
Kudos to IBTC.. they are truly customer-centric in this regards.

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by dejiotus: 3:31pm On Mar 24, 2017
sherif4owo:

do you mean you submitted a bid request without a rate or filled a form for the amount without stating any rate? I just opened a stanbic account too, I will have to bid through them next week.

customer care seems to know nothing about Tbills here.

There's an application form you need to fill. And of course you need to choose the bank's bidding rate if you are applying for less than 50M.
It is very important to have a very good account officer, who is quite knowledgeable about the Treasury bills market. My account officer is actually in the process of buying another treasury bills in the secondary market with the proceed of the upfront interest I got yesterday at 18.43%. I was offered 185 days for 17% or 80 days for 16%.I picked 17% for 185 days

2 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Happyfellow147: 4:08pm On Mar 24, 2017
I just went to stanbic ibtc in my area now. The customer service representative said the next auction is 5th April. She said I should come on 3rd or 4th that I'd be given a form to fill but since this is my first time, I want the gurus here to guide me. How would I know the forms I'd be given is the authentic one because we have heard of some dubious bank staff defrauding customers. I don't want to fall victim please.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by ukay2: 4:21pm On Mar 24, 2017
Happyfellow147:
I just went to stanbic ibtc in my area now. The customer service representative said the next auction is 5th April. She said I should come on 3rd or 4th that I'd be given a form to fill but since this is my first time, I want the gurus here to guide me. How would I know the forms I'd be given is the authentic one because we have heard of some dubious bank staff defrauding customers. I don't want to fall victim please.

Two forms...Custodian form and Treasury bills Tender form....next time you bid via the same bank, you will not fill the custodian form again. ..rather the Treasury Bill Tender formy you will be filling subsequently. ..

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by SamReinvented: 8:18pm On Mar 24, 2017
Hello gurus in the house. Please is UBA a good bank for treasury bills? If yes, who has bid through them since the new rule? What's your experience?

Secondly, what is the minimum amount allowed for UBA and stanbic?
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by MyMail2D: 10:20pm On Mar 24, 2017
Hello House,

I am intending to go with Sterling Bank given the analysis below.
I don't have an account with stanbic ibtc.

Pls confirm how do I go about it with the new policy by DMO.
Is there a minimum if I am going with the Sterling Bank's rate
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Happyfellow147: 11:01pm On Mar 24, 2017
Thanks plenty
ukay2:

Two forms...Custodian form and Treasury bills Tender form....next time you bid via the same bank, you will not fill the custodian form again. ..rather the Treasury Bill Tender formy you will be filling subsequently. ..
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by freeman67: 5:30pm On Mar 25, 2017
SamReinvented:
Hello gurus in the house. Please is UBA a good bank for treasury bills? If yes, who has bid through them since the new rule? What's your experience?

Secondly, what is the minimum amount allowed for UBA and stanbic?

I was once in their branch at Area 3, Garki Abuja to make enquiries about it. The lady I met there asked if anybody directed me there and I said nobody..ie I came on my own to enquire.. she then asked how much I intend to invest. I told her 500k and she said their minimum is 1m.

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Nobody: 6:02pm On Mar 25, 2017
i went to stanbic to buy tb,the lady said the minim is 50m,i said can i do secondary?she said yes.i gave her the mandate..Almost 2weeks now no debit.atleast there was primary auction last week,does it take this long to get tb?i will be there on monday Godwilling.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by stephyy: 7:24pm On Mar 25, 2017
I made my TB on May 4th 2016 for 365days, when will it be due(say 4th April or 4th May)?

Am in dire need of cash to pursue a real investment, can I terminate it?

If yes whats the consequences?
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by unite4real: 8:36pm On Mar 25, 2017
stephyy:
I made my TB on May 4th 2016 for 365days, when will it be due(say 4th April or 4th May)?

Am in dire need of cash to pursue a real investment, can I terminate it?

If yes whats the consequences?

There is no TB for 365days. What you bought was 364 days. It matures 3rd May.

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by zamirikpo(m): 8:40pm On Mar 25, 2017
DOLLARTEX:
i went to stanbic to buy tb,the lady said the minim is 50m,i said can i do secondary?she said yes.i gave her the mandate..Almost 2weeks now no debit.atleast there was primary auction last week,does it take this long to get tb?i will be there on monday Godwilling.

dats a case of negligence, call there customer care number and report that matter to HQ.....they didnt forward ur application at all.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by chukzyfcbb: 10:59pm On Mar 25, 2017
ukay2:

ermm ermm Once tbills matures and the capital is paid into za account, whenever i return to reinvest, i have always been filling both forms for like a year now with first bank, both custodian and t.blills form and not only one.

strange innit

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by 40manlappy: 11:03pm On Mar 25, 2017
chukzyfcbb:

ermm ermm Once tbills matures and the capital is paid into za account, whenever i return to reinvest, i have always been filling both forms for like a year now with first bank, both custodian and t.blills form and not only one.

strange innit

I fill both forms for each transaction with Stanbic too, as requested by my Account Officer.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by ekunade: 12:40pm On Mar 26, 2017
Please anyone with zenith bank's rate should post
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by ekunade: 12:57pm On Mar 26, 2017
@oga feelamong, let's say I invest some cash in stanbic MMf but I wish to withdraw part of the sum after 6months, how do I go about it.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Nobody: 8:12pm On Mar 27, 2017
ekunade:
@oga feelamong, let's say I invest some cash in stanbic MMf but I wish to withdraw part of the sum after 6months, how do I go about it.
Just walk into any stanbic bank, tell them u want to liquidate your mmfund,u will be giving a form,Signify the sum you want to liquidate,fill ur name.thats all.they will credit the account you provided in 3 days!
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by ekunade: 9:56pm On Mar 27, 2017
DOLLARTEX:
Just walk into any stanbic bank, tell them u want to liquidate your mmfund,u will be giving a form,Signify the sum you want to liquidate,fill ur name.thats all.they will credit the account you provided in 3 days!

Do you know the zenith rate for their last TB sale Nd the current percent for stanbic MMF
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Nobody: 7:03am On Mar 28, 2017
ekunade:

Do you know the zenith rate for their last TB sale Nd the current percent for stanbic MMF
What do you mean by zenith rate?i think the current rate is 17percent.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by emmanuelewumi(m): 9:58pm On Mar 28, 2017
Please when is the next bid for Nigerian Treasury Bill?
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by ihedioramma: 10:44pm On Mar 28, 2017
emmanuelewumi:
See your face . Feelamong talk to our brother .
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by freeman67: 6:29am On Mar 29, 2017
emmanuelewumi:

April 5th..
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Bennettchijioke: 7:30am On Mar 29, 2017
muyoto:
I read from a site that the minimum to invest is 1M and then subsequent multiples of 10k. Is that true? (i hope not)

The minimum to invest is #100k
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Bennettchijioke: 7:32am On Mar 29, 2017
DOLLARTEX:
What do you mean by zenith rate?i think the current rate is 17percent.
17% how can. When the interest is 15,14,15.55 % wetin come be ur gain?
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by DMerciful(m): 10:23am On Mar 29, 2017
Check my signature for my contact
battleaxe:
You do not determine a rate with the secondary market.

Your bank typically will tell you the tenors and rates they have available, and you can then make a selection.

If you specify a rate and none is available at that tenor or rate, then yes they would keep rejecting your forms. You cannot bid on the secondary market- just buy whatever is available.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Ogatitus: 9:01pm On Mar 29, 2017
Please does anyone have experience of T.Bills with Diamond bank?

Am thinking of going with them since I already have an account there. Or should I open an account with Stanbic and move the funds?

Pls advice. Thanks
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by munezo(m): 2:57pm On Mar 30, 2017
Diamond bank will surely frustrate your efforts. It is better to open an account with Stanbic.

I wanted to use Diamond, but it was from story to story. It is because of TBills I opened an account with Stanbic.

All the best.

Ogatitus:

Please does anyone have experience of T.Bills with Diamond bank?

Am thinking of going with them since I already have an account there. Or should I open an account with Stanbic and move the funds?

Pls advice. Thanks

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Nobody: 3:48pm On Mar 30, 2017
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by just2endowed: 3:53pm On Mar 30, 2017
Can anyone tell me his or her experience with Ecobank TBills rate recently and whats there new modalities
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Nobody: 10:16pm On Mar 30, 2017
pls what is the minimum amount for first bank NTB
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by tundebabzy: 11:49pm On Mar 30, 2017
munezo:
Diamond bank will surely frustrate your efforts. It is better to open an account with Stanbic.

I wanted to use Diamond, but it was from story to story. It is because of TBills I opened an account with Stanbic.

All the best.

I did not have any issues with diamond bank when I bought my tb early this year and they got me at the exact stop rate at the time.

(1) (2) (3) ... (280) (281) (282) (283) (284) (285) (286) ... (2234) (Reply)

Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.