Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,285 members, 7,815,480 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 01:05 PM

Treasury Bills In Nigeria - Investment (284) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Treasury Bills In Nigeria (4436857 Views)

Fixed Deposits Or Treasury Bills, Which Is Better? / Fixed Deposit And Treasury Bill Investments From Abroad / I Need Information On Treasury Bills In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (281) (282) (283) (284) (285) (286) (287) ... (2228) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Onboard1: 3:50am On Mar 31, 2017
tundebabzy:

I did not have any issues with diamond bank when I bought my tb early this year and they got me at the exact stop rate at the time.

Well they screwed me twice before I shifted to Stanbic; and the ride has been smooth since then.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by amordi: 8:36am On Mar 31, 2017
Ya..
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by freeman67: 12:09pm On Mar 31, 2017
tundebabzy:

I did not have any issues with diamond bank when I bought my tb early this year and they got me at the exact stop rate at the time.

I will have to say you are very lucky with them. From personal experience there are the worst of all banks I have used or attempted to use. I have used GT, FBN, Stanbic, Diamond and sterling... I attempted to use UBA but the branch I would have use said my money was below their minimum. For Eco I got discouraged by their charges...

amordi:
Ya... For those of you that wants to open acct with Stanbic Ibtc, pls help a marketer to hit her target by using her code or call/chat her on 09055512504....

This marketer will have to give more info than this...Which City/branch is she operating.. ? Money is hard to come by this days and everything seem sceptical until proven otherwise..

2 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by just2endowed: 6:31pm On Mar 31, 2017
freeman67:

I will have to say you are very lucky with them. From personal experience there are the worst of all banks I have used or attempted to use. I have used GT, FBN, Stanbic, Diamond and sterling... I attempted to use UBA but the branch I would have use said my money was below their minimum. For Eco I got discouraged by their charges...

This marketer will have to give more info than this...Which City/branch is she operating.. ? Money is hard to come by this days and everything seem sceptical until proven otherwise..

What's minimum amount one has to have openings to with stanbic? Please explain this charges in Ecobank.
I am contemplating this 2 banks
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by freeman67: 9:34pm On Mar 31, 2017
Sorry I didn't memorize the charges of Ecobank. I just knew it was higher than other banks I was using. For stanbic the minimum before now .... But if you read like 10 pages backwards you will discover times have changed. but I believe it will still fly.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by MyMail2D: 10:55pm On Mar 31, 2017
Hi House,

Am interested in FGN Bonds as I see that TB can go lower this year more quickly then we think.
Currently some people have "stored" their naira in USD, hoping it will reach N600/$, thus they are stuck with USD which is "losing" value.
It means less Naira to more around as people are not changing USD to Naira, rather they are changing Naira to USD due to the current low rate.
[Buy cheap , then sell high, when they think can still happen later this year].

Pls assist with :

1. How do I buy Bonds?
2. Can I specify my rates?
3. Which tenure is better 5 , 10 or 20 yrs
4 Where will my Coupons be paid? Can I change my Bank midway?
5. What dates are they sold and what advance notice do I need to give to my bank to buy for me?

Many thanks.

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by anitank(f): 7:49am On Apr 01, 2017
ositadima1:
First bank did approximately 18.12â„… for 364 days.I got alert this morning.

Hi, please did first bank debit all your bids and paid the interest later.....or they debited just the difference and left your interest.

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by IHelp: 8:02am On Apr 01, 2017
anitank:

Hi, please did first bank debit all your bids and paid the interest later.....or they debited just the difference and left your interest.

First bank will debit the value of your bid(all) and pay in the interest if the bid is successful. If the bid fails, your money is returned.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by anitank(f): 8:40am On Apr 01, 2017
IHelp:

First bank will debit the value of your bid(all) and pay in the interest if the bid is successful. If the bid fails, your money is returned.

I see. Thanks for your prompt reply. Contrary to what the lady told me, I got debited all my bid hence my question. I think some of these bank staffs really don't know much about TB. They struggle to give a proper and well detailed information. They just basically want to hand out the forms and don't want you bothering them with questions.

Thanks again for your clarification.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Reconciled: 3:34pm On Apr 01, 2017
dejiotus:

There's an application form you need to fill. And of course you need to choose the bank's bidding rate if you are applying for less than 50M.
It is very important to have a very good account officer, who is quite knowledgeable about the Treasury bills market. My account officer is actually in the process of buying another treasury bills in the secondary market with the proceed of the upfront interest I got yesterday at 18.43%. I was offered 185 days for 17% or 80 days for 16%.I picked 17% for 185 days

Hi Deji,

Please would you recommend your account officer to me as I'm interested in opening a Stanbic account so I can invest in TBills. I have tried a number of times to reach my GTBank account officer to no avail, even called customer service and emailed. As such I've been unable to buy TBills.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by ositadima1(m): 5:00pm On Apr 01, 2017
anitank:

Hi, they will debit your bid the day they receive ur instruction, and balance the interest on the bidding date.

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by jp130(m): 5:17pm On Apr 01, 2017
Plz cn som1 intimate me wat i shud expect frm sterling bnk as it wil b my first with them.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by dejiotus: 5:24pm On Apr 01, 2017
Reconciled:

Hi Deji,

Please would you recommend your account officer to me as I'm interested in opening a Stanbic account so I can invest in TBills. I have tried a number of times to reach my GTBank account officer to no avail, even called customer service and emailed. As such I've been unable to buy TBills.

She works in Stanbic UI branch in Ibadan. Is this an option for you? If yes, I can contact her, to make her aware you are keen to open an account with her branch.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by zamirikpo(m): 10:41pm On Apr 01, 2017
jp130:
Plz cn som1 intimate me wat i shud expect frm sterling bnk as it wil b my first with them.

for the upcoming auctions on the 5th of April, try to visit the bank on monday to place ur bid......remember u r not allowed to specify any rate. after placing ur bid, ensure and insist it is posted to HQ,if possible collect the number of the HQ personnel to confirm ur application was truely sent. afterwards...lean back and relax, u will be informed via sms about the transaction.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by courage89(m): 5:25am On Apr 02, 2017
Please, what would be a good bidding rate for Skye bank 91, 182 and 364 days Nigerian Treasury Bills.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Lalaska(m): 5:37am On Apr 02, 2017
Do you have 50m, if not the bid rate will be useless​ to you. You have to go with the bank rate.
courage89:
Please, what would be a good bidding rate for Skye bank 91, 182 and 364 days Nigerian Treasury Bills.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by gentlemate00: 6:18am On Apr 02, 2017
Good day pls how do you calcite your payout for the 8million. thanks

unite4real:

Bros, Feb2020 FGN Bond coupon payment is 15.54%, locked down till 2020.

Coupons are paid in February and August every year since the year 2015.

N8 million naira bond gives me a total of N1,243,200 as annual interest. Interest is paid twice ie February coupon is N621,600. August Coupon is N621,600.

My house rent is 600K and its paid in September annually. Child skool fees for the year is not over 300K.

The difference goes back into Treasury Bills with other incomes.

By February 2020, my N8 million will be credited back to me with the last coupon payment of N621,600. (Bullet payment)

note that the N8 million naira was an aggregate of different TBills i have bought over the years which i locked down for a long term bond.

This is one of more.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by just2endowed: 10:37am On Apr 02, 2017
what rate where banks given to successful bidders in last 2 weeks bidding
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by opomulero(m): 7:01pm On Apr 02, 2017
Please unite4real, i will like talk to u about ds bonds and TB, please let me have ur airtel line so we talk about it.

Mine is 0 7 0 8 5 6 6 7 2 6 4

Thank you
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by newspostng(m): 7:03pm On Apr 02, 2017
up again
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Omonigeriarere: 7:20am On Apr 03, 2017
Morning House,

Please let us discuss the probable rates for this week's treasury bill.

Have a nice week.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by just2endowed: 8:19am On Apr 03, 2017
Omonigeriarere:
Morning House,
Please let us discuss the probable rates for this week's treasury bill.
Have a nice week.
yes
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Uchefrancis16(m): 11:14am On Apr 03, 2017
Ive been out of TBills for a while and learnt there has been some new policies in TBills via the recent posts on this thread.

Pls can any one help me with it? Or the exact page on this thread where its discussed so I can go through it and be informed before investing again.

I've read lots of pages but only heard about the rule but can't lay my hands on it.

Pls help a brother thanks!
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by dejiotus: 12:03pm On Apr 03, 2017
Uchefrancis16:
Ive been out of TBills for a while and learnt there has been some new policies in TBills via the recent posts on this thread.

Pls can any one help me with it? Or the exact page on this thread where its discussed so I can go through it and be informed before investing again.

I've read lots of pages but only heard about the rule but can't lay my hands on it.

Pls help a brother thanks!
Welcome back Uche. Customers like us, who were allowed before to bid directly in the primary auction via our banks ( by stating our bidding rates), are NO longer allowed unless you are bidding with more than 50M. The only option now is to go with the bank rate, and be at the mercy of what the banks decide to give you. Stanbic offered 18.43% for the 364 day tenor at the last auction on 22 March, as compared to 18% from GT bank
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by dejiotus: 12:06pm On Apr 03, 2017
just2endowed:
what rate where banks given to successful bidders in last 2 weeks bidding

I got 18.43% from Stanbic bank on 23 March 2017, for the last auction on 22 March 2017

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by just2endowed: 1:51pm On Apr 03, 2017
Ecobank offerring me 17.50% for 362 days and 16.50% for 182 days and 13.20% for 91 days.

Guys what u think?

cc: feelamong
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by unite4real: 3:54pm On Apr 03, 2017
opomulero:
Please unite4real, i will like talk to u about ds bonds and TB, please let me have ur airtel line so we talk about it.

Mine is 0 7 0 8 5 6 6 7 2 6 4

Thank you

Bro, lets have it open on this thread na, so that others can either contribute or learn from it
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by unite4real: 3:55pm On Apr 03, 2017
gentlemate00:
Good day pls how do you calcite your payout for the 8million. thanks

Simple Interest calculation
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by anitank(f): 5:21pm On Apr 03, 2017
just2endowed:
Ecobank offerring me 17.50% for 362 days and 16.50% for 182 days and 13.20% for 91 days.

Guys what u think?

cc: feelamong

It's low. FBN offered 17% for 182 days and that's what I went for
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by just2endowed: 5:43pm On Apr 03, 2017
anitank:

Mehn what do i do with my useless bank now. I am opening stanbic Ibtc soon no matter the distance.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by just2endowed: 5:44pm On Apr 03, 2017
anitank:

was it this this week u were offered such amount?

(1) (2) (3) ... (281) (282) (283) (284) (285) (286) (287) ... (2228) (Reply)

Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts

Viewing this topic: Hero2t, Ogeneigbo1, emdeeCreativeW and 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.