Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,980 members, 7,838,493 topics. Date: Thursday, 23 May 2024 at 11:34 PM

Treasury Bills In Nigeria - Investment (31) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Treasury Bills In Nigeria (4471065 Views)

Fixed Deposits Or Treasury Bills, Which Is Better? / Fixed Deposit And Treasury Bill Investments From Abroad / I Need Information On Treasury Bills In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (28) (29) (30) (31) (32) (33) (34) ... (2235) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Elai147: 8:20am On Aug 14, 2013
Toya_tc: Hello people,
Please who knows the next deal date for the month of August?
Urgent response will be highly appreciated.

Thanks all.

The next auction will be Wednesday 21st of August 2013.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Elai147: 8:25am On Aug 14, 2013
Donvitalis: Hey guys,please can someone enlighten me more on this Treasury Bills? How do i place my bids and get my interest?

Read through this thread from page one for some knowledge on how T-bill works. You can place your bids via Banks and discount houses. The interest is usually paid upfront and at the end of the investment period you get your capital back.

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by coderXO(m): 12:38pm On Aug 14, 2013
For T-Bill auction result rates, check http://fmda.com.ng/

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by RichYoungRuler(m): 2:00pm On Aug 14, 2013
fsb: Hello house, has anyone been debited for last week's treasury bills auction yet?
Hi Sir, I was debited on the 12th of August. Regards.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Elai147: 6:54pm On Aug 14, 2013
coderXO: For T-Bill auction result rates, check http://fmda.com.ng/

Thank you for this great tool...
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Toyatc: 10:29am On Aug 15, 2013
@Elai147,
Thanks.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Donvitalis(m): 1:02pm On Aug 15, 2013
9free:
Current rates are at 11.6%, 12.75%, 13.3381% for 91days, 182 days and 360days respectively...
Happy Investing
Bro, these rates yu listed can be used to calculate your interest right?

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by RichYoungRuler(m): 5:17pm On Aug 15, 2013
Donvitalis: Bro, these rates yu listed can be used to calculate your interest right?
Hi,if I may reply U on behalf of the required person;Yes!
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by RichYoungRuler(m): 6:13pm On Aug 16, 2013
Hi Bosses, I just noticed my tenor was reduced to 85days instead of 91. I suspect they took the weekend n the last holidays out. im thinking of writing the bank and telling them I think its not right but I want to find out if anyone observed same or if that's the way its done. Regards.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by mymadam(m): 10:09pm On Aug 16, 2013
RichYoungRuler: Hi Bosses, I just noticed my tenor was reduced to 85days instead of 91. I suspect they took the weekend n the last holidays out. im thinking of writing the bank and telling them I think its not right but I want to find out if anyone observed same or if that's the way its done. Regards.

Yes, Diamond Bank gave 11% for 83 days. My account was debited only today, Friday. God bless Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Seun(m): 10:10pm On Aug 16, 2013
When is the next one?
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Purplebells: 12:00am On Aug 17, 2013
Check out new job postings in the healthcare, engineering and sales & marketing sectors.

Go to www.purplebells.com

Goodies coming soon at great discount prices on iPads, wrist watches, phones and electronics.

www.purplebells.com
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by question(m): 7:27am On Aug 17, 2013
Tbills experts, which T-bills investment option do you recommend? and why?
1. Four Compounded 91 days = 364 days
2. Two compounded 182 days = 364 days
3. One 365 days.

Assuming the rates remain the same. though, we all know no one can predict the rates.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by jpphilips(m): 9:59am On Aug 17, 2013
Elai147:

Yes First bank will accept 250k. I do not use FCMB. For First bank, the only disadvantage is that they only offer 91 days T-bills and usually debit your account with the face value of the bill which means you will have to wait for them to credit you with the interest after the purchase. Also, I don't think you can specify your preferred bid rate with First bank (they give you at their best market bidding rate). So you may want to check with FCMB and if they don't have these disadvantages then you can go with FCMB.

not true just go through first capital you will be fine.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by jpphilips(m): 10:01am On Aug 17, 2013
fsb: I don tire for GTB. I left my town to travel to another town to find out about how they can buy treasury bills on my behalf from the primary market and after spending about 1 hour being tossed up and down the guy I meet tells me they have not done any treasury bills transactions recently so he doesn't know much about it but that it is common in lagos.

Which kain thing be this?

go to a regional head, not all branches offer such services
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by jpphilips(m): 11:15am On Aug 17, 2013
Elai147:

@Tassembly thanks for the info.

The thing is, First bank sells to you from their holdings. This is the reason why they can perform roll over of your investment for you even on a non-auction day and also the reason why they don't allow you to specify bid rate. Meanwhile, if you go with their bid rate, you are most likely going to be successful because they will give you at a reduced rate (lower than the stop rate) and of course, lower than the bid price at which they bought from the auction market... This is my opinion.

What makes your bid to be unsuccessful is when you bid too high (higher than CBN stop rate).
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Seun(m): 11:38am On Aug 20, 2013
Any auction this week? Yes.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Anuoluwap(m): 11:43am On Aug 20, 2013
Seun: Any auction this week?
Daddy, pls tell your Mods to grace this topic FRONTPAGE-www.nairaland.com/1404370/latest-inventions-nubrella-funny-looking-hands-free-umbrella
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Elai147: 12:54pm On Aug 20, 2013
Seun: When is the next one?

The next auction should be tomorrow 21 August, 2013.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by denicegq86: 2:50pm On Aug 20, 2013
I would really love to be involved in this business as i am an investor but please is there some one residing in lagos state that could please put me through i really want to learn this
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by jpphilips(m): 9:42am On Aug 21, 2013
denicegq86: I would really love to be involved in this business as i am an investor but please is there some one residing in lagos state that could please put me through i really want to learn this

Treasury bill is not a business, it is a savings instrument, the income is just a little above the inflation rate which means that your savings are not devalued over time,it is not worth using as a career, there are loads of gud stuffs to invest your money on out there.

3 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by denicegq86: 2:02pm On Aug 21, 2013
Thanks for the reply i do appreciate. could you give me some hints on been involved in it?

jp philips: Treasury bill is not a business, it is a savings instrument, the income is just a little above the inflation rate which means that your savings are not devalued over time,it is not worth using as a career, there are loads of gud stuffs to invest your money on out there.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Elai147: 5:12pm On Aug 21, 2013
Chai... I didn't win my bid @ 11.50%. I have just been informed that today's stop rate for 91-days T-bill is 11.0940% but don't know how true....Will now consider buying from the secondary market. Has anyone got the rate breakdown for today's auction?
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Toyatc: 8:21am On Aug 22, 2013
@Elai147
This is not a good news at all ooo. I was hoping for that 11.5%. I am yet to hear from my bank, i hope they did my bidding.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Elai147: 8:30am On Aug 22, 2013
Toya_tc: @Elai147
This is not a good news at all ooo. I was hoping for that 11.5%. I am yet to hear from my bank, i hope they did my bidding.

I was hoping for the same rate too o... Well let's wait for news on the complete stop rate. Let us know if you have any news from your bank.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by feelamong(m): 10:49am On Aug 22, 2013
Elai147:

I was hoping for the same rate too o... Well let's wait for news on the complete stop rate. Let us know if you have any news from your bank.

Yea.. the stop rates are as oga Elai stated above

91 days -------11.094%

182 days ------12.25%

The fact that only these two tenored Auction defitely would have led to the drop in rates...So much money pursuing this now as the Stock Market is currently taking a beating!

But the next Auction has 364 days tenored Bills so i expect the rates to hinge up a little!
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Toyatc: 1:46pm On Aug 23, 2013
Unfortunately, my bank said that my bid was not successful. They just dey dull my style. I hope it pulls through duirng next auction. @feelamong abeg when be the next auction?
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by feelamong(m): 2:21pm On Aug 23, 2013
Toya_tc: Unfortunately, my bank said that my bid was not successful. They just dey dull my style. I hope it pulls through duirng next auction. @feelamong abeg when be the next auction?

No mind dem bankers!Hope u have asked them to place the funds on call!

next Auction is 3rd Sept....Try to fast and pray wella O! cheesy
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Elai147: 6:35pm On Aug 23, 2013
Toya_tc: Unfortunately, my bank said that my bid was not successful. They just dey dull my style. I hope it pulls through duirng next auction. @feelamong abeg when be the next auction?

feelamong:

No mind dem bankers!Hope u have asked them to place the funds on call!

next Auction is 3rd Sept....Try to fast and pray wella O! cheesy

Me I don buy from secondary market o... My bank gave me an offer to buy from the secondary market and I took it (99 days T-bill @ 11.00%). I guess it's not a bad deal...
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Toyatc: 3:09pm On Aug 26, 2013
Thanks for the update @feelamong. I have told them to deal during the next auction.I no trust all those mumu banks(ers).
@feelamong, fast and pray ke? lol. na so the thing dey hard ?. Anyway i will take your advice. Cheers!
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Chomzy19(f): 11:33pm On Aug 26, 2013
Hi @All

I'm a Novice in this n I want to b sure hw ur interest are calculated, when dy say d rate is 11%, is it 11% of d total cash u invested that is ur interest or is it calculated by way of Common Interes I.e PRT
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by RichYoungRuler(m): 9:10am On Aug 27, 2013
Chomzy19: Hi @All

I'm a Novice in this n I want to b sure hw ur interest are calculated, when dy say d rate is 11%, is it 11% of d total cash u invested that is ur interest or is it calculated by way of Common Interes I.e PRT
Hi, i guess U meant compound interest.
Lets use N100000 as an example. For 91days tenor at 11% per annum
11% is 11/100 X N100000 =N11000 at d end of a year which is 365days. So per day is
11000/365days.=30.137k per day.
For 91days, your interest will become N30.137k X 91days=N2,742.46k. I hope this helps.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (28) (29) (30) (31) (32) (33) (34) ... (2235) (Reply)

Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts

Viewing this topic: Streetinvestor2, eureka, DAMMYORES and 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.