Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,400 members, 7,815,872 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:57 PM

Treasury Bills In Nigeria - Investment (345) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Treasury Bills In Nigeria (4437404 Views)

Fixed Deposits Or Treasury Bills, Which Is Better? / Fixed Deposit And Treasury Bill Investments From Abroad / I Need Information On Treasury Bills In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (342) (343) (344) (345) (346) (347) (348) ... (2228) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Iamzik: 7:32pm On Jul 27, 2017
TONY56:

The beauty in the way Stanbic operates is that they will only debit your account with the discounted amount leaving your interest in your account unlike what most other banks do by debiting the whole amount and crediting back your interest few days after.

OK. If I understand you it means you are allowed to bid for an amount not exceeding the sum of capital + expected interest and then you will be paid interest +principal at maturity.

Eg I have N1m to invest at 17% for a year =170k int
Does it mean I can actually bid for 1,170,000 since I will only be debited N1m that is available in my account?

Right?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Investnow2017: 8:37pm On Jul 27, 2017
Iamzik:

OK. Many thanks

Considering that I'm going for 364days i think it's better to take the interest upfront.

@House Please confirm if bid is available for next week

Wed 2nd Aug
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Nobody: 8:56pm On Jul 27, 2017
Iamzik:

OK. If I understand you it means you are allowed to bid for an amount not exceeding the sum of capital + expected interest and then you will be paid interest +principal at maturity.

Does it mean I can actually bid for 1,170,000 since I will only be debited N1m that is available in my account?

Right?
No! U cant bid for that amount. U can only bid for what it is in your account if it is available. If i get ur example right, u can only bid for 1m since that is what is in your account. U get a credit alert of 170k and dey will remove 1m till the maturity date b4 it is being returned.

What the guy is trying to say about stanbic ibtc is that, unlike other banks, stanbic will leave the 170k in ur account and remove the remainig 830k.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by TONY56: 9:01pm On Jul 27, 2017
Kimsunh:
yes and I can bet with you that you can't get that juicy rate with primary market. Last one I did with Gtb was 17.3.

Oh yes. There's no dispute about that BUT sometimes it's better not to waste your time waiting for juicy secondary market if Primary market is very much around because your waiting time may be a loss if the juicy one don't come early

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by TONY56: 9:10pm On Jul 27, 2017
Fm4real06:

No! U cant bid for that amount. U can only bid for what it is in your account if it is available. If i get ur example right, u can only bid for 1m since that is what is in your account. U get a credit alert of 170k and dey will remove 1m till the maturity date b4 it is being returned.

What the guy is trying to say about stanbic ibtc is that, unlike other banks, stanbic will leave the 170k in ur account and remove the remainig 830k.

You are correct but he should also realise that the rules have been changed few months ago-nobody can bid on his own at NTB except it's for an amount that's over N50m. Anyone who wants to buy NTB of lower amount can only go with the bank's bid rate
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Kimsunh: 9:28pm On Jul 27, 2017
TONY56:

Oh yes. There's no dispute about that BUT sometimes it's better not to waste your time waiting for juicy secondary market if Primary market is very much around because your waiting time may be a loss if the juicy one don't come early
true to that but at the same time you have the choice to make, and I'm sure people do weigh their options before opting for secondary market.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by vitality22(m): 10:03pm On Jul 27, 2017
TONY56:

The beauty in the way Stanbic operates is that they will only debit your account with the discounted amount leaving your interest in your account unlike what most other banks do by debiting the whole amount and crediting back your interest few days after.
Yea, that's also how diamond bank does. Though I won't invest with them again when my current investment matures. They gave me 64days at 13% . I had not seen this thread then.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Nobody: 10:09pm On Jul 27, 2017
vitality22:

Yea, that's also how diamond bank does. Though I won't invest with them again when my current investment matures. They gave me 64days at 13% . I had not seen this thread then.
I dont think is bad considering the number of days
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Investnow2017: 10:14pm On Jul 27, 2017
Fm4real06:

For lower tenors i prefer the Secondary Market. The least i have got 32 and 35 days tenor is 18.20%.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by mexite: 11:28pm On Jul 27, 2017
Please which bank or financial institutions are these?

Investnow2017:

For lower tenors i prefer the Secondary Market. The least i have got 32 and 35 days tenor is 18.20%.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Ben1975(m): 1:09am On Jul 28, 2017
TBills can give you 14% ROI but there is an even safer investment vehicle that can give you between 150% to 500% ROI in twelve months. High yielding land in Ibeju Lekki.

For more info contact me on the details in my signature

Sincerely

Ben
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by mindtricks: 3:21am On Jul 28, 2017
mexite:
Please which bank or financial institutions are these?

First Bank I guess.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by PropertyAsset: 7:16am On Jul 28, 2017
One seem to see it as being more complicated beyond that explanation.

Iamzik:

Right?
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Investnow2017: 7:35am On Jul 28, 2017
mindtricks:

First Bank I guess.

You are right First Bank. And if you choose to reinvest your discount your ROI can be as much as 21.75 - 22.25%
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by vitality22(m): 7:58am On Jul 28, 2017
Ben1975:
TBills can give you 14% ROI but there is an even safer investment vehicle that can give you between 150% to 500% ROI in twelve months. High yielding land in Ibeju Lekki.

Sincerely

Ben
Bros, take this your business and run from here na. This thread is for legitimate business. Thank you

4 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by mindtricks: 8:05am On Jul 28, 2017
Investnow2017:

You are right First Bank. And if you choose to reinvest your discount your ROI can be as much as 21.75 - 22.25%

Please any idea First Bank rate in the last primary?
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Nobody: 10:06am On Jul 28, 2017
Investnow2017:

Are u serious!!! When?? In firstbank??
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Investnow2017: 10:58am On Jul 28, 2017
Fm4real06:

Are u serious!!! When?? In firstbank??

First bank
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Nobody: 11:17am On Jul 28, 2017
Investnow2017:

First bank
Na wa o... firstbank is truly the first!
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Nobody: 12:04pm On Jul 28, 2017
Today's secondary market rate in FBn are not juicy at all..
55days...13%
90days...13.3%
120days... 14%
180days...16%

The treasury bill officer at the bank told me that fridays are not good days to get a juicy rate but tursdays and thursdays are good!
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by mindtricks: 1:40pm On Jul 28, 2017
mindtricks:

Please any idea First Bank rate in the last primary?
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by TONY56: 2:23pm On Jul 28, 2017
Fm4real06:

Me too think so
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by TONY56: 2:28pm On Jul 28, 2017
Ben1975:

Sincerely

Ben

So you have not seen a suitable thread on nairaland where you can advertise your land business except to make an attempt to derail this thread.

I can assure you that you won't succeed in derailing this thread. It's better for you to start a thread for your product please if you can't find an existing one

5 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by TONY56: 2:32pm On Jul 28, 2017
Fm4real06:

Na wa o... firstbank is truly the first!

Only in the Secondary market o!
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by komodapson(m): 2:40pm On Jul 28, 2017
pls can anyone help me with information on % skyebank 91 day tenor (primary market) and the next bidding date? thanks
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by punae: 4:13pm On Jul 28, 2017
Pls any investor who uses UBA for NTB in the house?

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Ben1975(m): 5:09pm On Jul 28, 2017
vitality22:

Bros, take this your business and run from here na. This thread is for legitimate business. Thank you

Land acquisition is not legitimate business to you??
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by tolajay: 5:30pm On Jul 28, 2017
Whoa!

So, what days are the best for juicy rates?

Fm4real06:
Today's secondary market rate in FBn are not juicy at all..
55days...13%
90days...13.3%
120days... 14%
180days...16%

The treasury bill officer at the bank told me that fridays are not good days to get a juicy rate.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by tolajay: 5:31pm On Jul 28, 2017
Could you please make a distinction between the primary and secondary markets?

TONY56:

Only in the Secondary market o!
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Nobody: 6:21pm On Jul 28, 2017
tolajay:
Whoa!

So, what days are the best for juicy rates?

Juicy rates goes thus:
50 to 60 days......15%-16%
92days.....18%
364ays....18.5%

Mind you most of these juicy rated can be gotten in the secondary market.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Nobody: 6:31pm On Jul 28, 2017
tolajay:
Could you please make a distinction between the primary and secondary markets?

In the primary market, you are buying directly from CBN. The rates are unknown untill the final bidding. When filling the form for primary market, u can indicate the rate at which you want to invest in treasuy bills. Meanwhile it is better to go for a reasonable rate or else your bidding will be rejected. Although the minumum investment in primary market is 50million naira, but if you have below 50m, it means the commercal bank or investment house is adding your funds to the pool of funds they have and buying directly from CBN which means the bank will indicate their own interest.
In addition, you can only get 92days, 184days and 364days in primary market.

For secondary market, you are buying from an existing investor. Some1 that has invested may want to sell his investments, so u are buing from them through your commercial bank. That is why the rates are mostly juicy(good). Unlike primary market, you can get any tenor based on availability. E.g 60days 67days 188ays, 365days etc.
In the secondary market, u can invest with 100k to any amount all based on availability.

I hope i tried sha.

6 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by harisclub: 7:17pm On Jul 28, 2017
After investing in treasury bill primary market, is there any certificate that will be given to the investor for proof of investment?

(1) (2) (3) ... (342) (343) (344) (345) (346) (347) (348) ... (2228) (Reply)

Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.