Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,209 members, 7,829,328 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 02:36 AM

Treasury Bills In Nigeria - Investment (365) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Treasury Bills In Nigeria (4458318 Views)

Fixed Deposits Or Treasury Bills, Which Is Better? / Fixed Deposit And Treasury Bill Investments From Abroad / I Need Information On Treasury Bills In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (362) (363) (364) (365) (366) (367) (368) ... (2233) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Topiipii(m): 7:29pm On Aug 16, 2017
Magnifico2000:
I checked into GTB to make enquiries about their available rates and tenors for the day but they kept posting me that headoffice havenot replied their mail.
From the look of things, it seems they dont want pple to invest in it.
I am beginning to see them as crooks; I went to the head office last week and they couldn't get me the available rates, I went the following day with the same outcome. In the end, I had to write a letter telling them to give me something around 91 days tenor at available rate as directed by the person that attended to me.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by AkDave1: 8:19pm On Aug 16, 2017
We cannot compare the two.. they are two fundamentally different instruments.. All I am saying is that it is still better than savings, where your money accrue lesser rates.
Magnifico2000:

So u think it is btter than NTB?
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by AkDave1: 8:20pm On Aug 16, 2017
My thoughts exactly!
Winneygirl:

call deposits are for people who do not want to tie down their money for a fixed term. They can choose to terminate at any time. 3days,13 days, in fact, next day.
Any day at all without any penalty to you.
So the banks cannot offer high rates for an unstable investment.
If this was not your intention, then you should re-evaluate your options.
6% is actually really really really good for your call deposit.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Maziaku: 8:21pm On Aug 16, 2017
Gavrelino123:

Mine too is 17th of this month with GTBANK.....Please what time of the day are they going to credit us..?

Based on my experience with GTB, you should be expecting your credit alert between 9am - 10 am on the maturity date.

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by AkDave1: 8:21pm On Aug 16, 2017
And what rate were you given after that?
Topiipii:

I am beginning to see them as crooks; I went to the head office last week and they couldn't get me the available rates, I went the following day with the same outcome. In the end, I had to write a letter telling them to give me something around 91 days tenor at available rate as directed by the person that attended to me.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Desanta(m): 8:34pm On Aug 16, 2017
Magnifico2000:

If this is approved, will it affect current TB rates? I.e will d rates go lower?

Eventually the rates will go down.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Gavrelino123: 11:36pm On Aug 16, 2017
Maziaku:

Based on my experience with GTB, you should be expecting your credit alert between 9am - 10 am on the maturity date.
Thanks bro.... Tomorrow is the "grin" day...
I still have another one maturing October..
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by LeeCodeman: 5:54am On Aug 17, 2017
I had told the lady in charge of TB at Stanbic IBTC, Ikate branch to do a 365 days for 500k for me since late June. She said she would check and get back to me. When she didnt get back to me, I went there on 6 July only to have her say that it was successfu yesterday (5 July) and I would be debited that day. I wasn't but could not go because of the busy nature of my job. Finally went there two days ago and she said it was successful and doesnt know why I was not debited. Went again yesterday and she said there is no response yet. Just now, I got this alert:

"A debit of NGN419028.77 occurred on your A/C XXXXXX1874. Date:16-08-2017 at 16:44. Details: 05 JUL 2018 TBIL PUR . Balance:NGN81078.19"

Questons:
1. Is this kind of (bad) behaviour common with Stanbic?
2. What rate is this? Looks quite low on the surface.
3. What's your advice to me going forward?
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by CuteRedd(f): 6:18am On Aug 17, 2017
LeeCodeman:
I had told the lady in charge of TB at Stanbic IBTC, Ikate branch to do a 365 days for 500k for me since late June. She said she would check and get back to me. When she didnt get back to me, I went there on 6 July only to have her say that it was successfu yesterday (5 July) and I would be debited that day. I wasn't but could not go because of the busy nature of my job. Finally went there two days ago and she said it was successful and doesnt know why I was not debited. Went again yesterday and she said there is no response yet. Just now, I got this alert:

"A debit of NGN419028.77 occurred on your A/C XXXXXX1874. Date:16-08-2017 at 16:44. Details: 05 JUL 2018 TBIL PUR . Balance:NGN81078.19"

Questons:
2. That is a 16.2%rate
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by LeeCodeman: 6:26am On Aug 17, 2017
CuteRedd:
2. That is a 16.2%rate
Any reason why it's so low? People were getting 18% in early July on this thread.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Gavrelino123: 6:37am On Aug 17, 2017
[quote author=Maziaku post=59542124]

Based on my experience with GTB, you should be expecting your credit alert between 9am - 10 am on the maturity date.[/quot
I just woke up and saw that I have been credited..
And the time was 3:59AM...
I'm so happy...
Alerts waking me up...
God bless you bro..

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Gavrelino123: 6:40am On Aug 17, 2017
Maziaku:

It's have been credited bro....3:59AM..
I'M just so happy...
Alerts all the way...
Thanks bro..
Treasury Bills pays
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Keeppushing: 6:56am On Aug 17, 2017
Good morning great people. I have been following this group for a couple of days now.

I just started out and have saved a bit over 70k. I don't want it lying lazily in my account.

Please can I invest it in TBills?

If I can't please can someone advise me on the right part to go. Really want to start investing into something not Ponzi though.

Thanks in anticipation for your helpful tips.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Winneygirl(f): 7:47am On Aug 17, 2017
Keeppushing:
Good morning great people. I have been following this group for a couple of days now.

I just started out and have saved a bit over 70k. I don't want it lying lazily in my account.

If I can't please can someone advise me on the right part to go. Really want to start investing into something not Ponzi though.

The minimum for Tbills and Fixed Deposit is 100k.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Magnifico2000: 8:02am On Aug 17, 2017
Desanta:

Eventually the rates will go down.
Please i want to terminate my tb of 91days.. although 30days have matured on it. How do i terminate plus hw many percentae will i lose?
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Damolux01(m): 8:02am On Aug 17, 2017
Good Morning bosses... Does anyone know how much First Bank charges for secondary MKT? looking to tie something down today. Thanks!
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by freeman67: 8:25am On Aug 17, 2017
LeeCodeman:

Questons:

The rate you got maybe around 18% it is likely that they forgot to do treat your investment on that 5 of July too. Somehow its difficult yo explain those things because nobody would want to be held responsible so they just look for what is available @ d secondary market that corresponds with your initial request. It is likely the investment is about 323 days. all you have to do is to collect find time and collect your proof/certificate of investment from the branch you did it you will see the whole analysis there.

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by PETERiCHY(m): 8:59am On Aug 17, 2017
Winneygirl:

call deposits are for people who do not want to tie down their money for a fixed term. They can choose to terminate at any time. 3days,13 days, in fact, next day.
Any day at all without any penalty to you.
So the banks cannot offer high rates for an unstable investment.
If this was not your intention, then you should re-evaluate your options.
6% is actually really really really good for your call deposit.

Well they've booked me and it's now running, I will need it by mid-September for Stock trading that's if NSE really crashed as expected & offer better bargain if not i will convert to 91days TBS.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by munezo(m): 9:00am On Aug 17, 2017
You will receive an email stating the rate it was bought at. Stay with Stanbic, it is a good bank. But you may sometime experience some slight issues with them, in all, you will enjoy the bank

LeeCodeman:

Questons:
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by unite4real: 9:03am On Aug 17, 2017
Keeppushing:

You may not get a bank to accept this amount for TBills. You can do an FGN Savings Bond as an alternative. With the 70K, you will get a max of around 2,500 Naira every 3 months as your coupon payment. Better than nothing i guess
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by NL1960: 9:22am On Aug 17, 2017
GTB matured NTB alert received at 3:57am. Make then enjoy the money small for the next 2 weeks before i go for a 364-day.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by snakebeat: 9:47am On Aug 17, 2017
chukzyfcbb:
From the plates of First Bank of Nigeria
I bring you today's Secondary market rate.

155days - 17.5%
190days - 17.5%

I wonder why some people are killing themselves because they want to Invest in the primary market, The secondary market has interesting offers too just like the one I just posted.

Remember Time is money! Every 2weeks you miss out is a loss for keeping your funds idle.

Think Wisely
Sir can u advise me on the best possible every 2weeks deal to invest in?
I will greatly appreciate....my money is really idle...thanks.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Desanta(m): 9:58am On Aug 17, 2017
Magnifico2000:

Please i want to terminate my tb of 91days.. although 30days have matured on it. How do i terminate plus hw many percentae will i lose?

Just approach your bank. Ask for the person in charge of TB. Tell him what you want and he /she would tell you what is involved. It's usually very easy
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Gavrelino123: 10:07am On Aug 17, 2017
NL1960:
GTB matured NTB alert received at 3:57am. Make then enjoy the money small for the next 2 weeks before i go for a 364-day.
Mine was 3:59AM....
My next subscription will be 364days.....
let them enjoy it for two weeks....lol
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by ijeshaboy: 10:18am On Aug 17, 2017
Please I did TBills of 182 days with gtb on the 6th of April, based on my calculation it suppose to mature on the 6th of October, please kindly correct me if am wrong. Thanks
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by PETERiCHY(m): 10:18am On Aug 17, 2017
Gavrelino123:

Mine was 3:59AM....
My next subscription will be 364days.....
let them enjoy it for two weeks....lol

If it's a sizeable amount then quickly place it on CALL DEPOSIT for that 2wks and still net little profit.

2 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by ijeshaboy: 10:20am On Aug 17, 2017
ijeshaboy:
Please I did TBills of 182 days with gtb on the 6th of April, based on my calculation it suppose to mature on the 6th of October, please kindly correct me if am wrong. Thanks
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Keeppushing: 10:40am On Aug 17, 2017
unite4real:

You may not get a bank to accept this amount for TBills. You can do an FGN Savings Bond as an alternative. With the 70K, you will get a max of around 2,500 Naira every 3 months as your coupon payment. Better than nothing i guess

Very much better than leaving it in the saving acc and getting 100naira at the end of the year. Apart from Savings bond, is there any other better yielding investment you can suggest for me.

Very grateful for your initial suggestion.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Keeppushing: 10:44am On Aug 17, 2017
Winneygirl:

The minimum for Tbills and Fixed Deposit is 100k.

Thanks ma'am, can you kindly advise/direct me on the right part to start with this amount? I will greatly appreciate.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by getgeorgio: 11:04am On Aug 17, 2017
Please, who has received the CBN stop rates for yesterday's TBills auction?

Kindly share.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Investnow2017: 11:08am On Aug 17, 2017
Keeppushing:

Very much better than leaving it in the saving acc and getting 100naira at the end of the year. Apart from Savings bond, is there any other better yielding investment you can suggest for me.

Very grateful for your initial suggestion.

IBTC money market mutual fund. Do it an watch your money grow daily. Current rate is 17.5%

(1) (2) (3) ... (362) (363) (364) (365) (366) (367) (368) ... (2233) (Reply)

Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.