Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,100 members, 7,845,616 topics. Date: Thursday, 30 May 2024 at 09:09 PM

Treasury Bills In Nigeria - Investment (381) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Treasury Bills In Nigeria (4480312 Views)

Fixed Deposits Or Treasury Bills, Which Is Better? / Fixed Deposit And Treasury Bill Investments From Abroad / I Need Information On Treasury Bills In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (378) (379) (380) (381) (382) (383) (384) ... (2238) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by inze(m): 6:16pm On Sep 05, 2017
Phyde:
Good evening all, I still have about 273k TB upfront interest with Stanbic credited last week thursday. Can I still invest 150k from it on the next auction date?
Thanks.

Yes, you can. You can invest as much as you want
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by DMerciful(m): 6:51pm On Sep 05, 2017
Please house I need info on fg bond. When is the next auction and what is the prevailing rates.. Plssss
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Gavrelino123: 7:29pm On Sep 05, 2017
lancee:

Will check by the end of the day if account debited if not will tranfer it to first bank ..also the online treasury acct
Good evening...
Any updates.?
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Capital247: 7:54pm On Sep 05, 2017
emmanuelewumi:

You can trade below N50 million in the primary market. I bought N1.5 million in the last primary market through first bank.

All the first bank branches in Lagos island will even accept 100k for primary market.

Bros you can not trade below 50M in the primary market .
Please check your facts right
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Nobody: 7:57pm On Sep 05, 2017
Capital247:

u can trade. banks get money and group them and trade on your behalf. on the form of first bank it is clearly stated so indicate which market you want. I did 2m on primary market.

2 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by olujaidi: 7:57pm On Sep 05, 2017
Capital247:

Yes you can. Only that you cannot choose your own rate as was previously applicable

2 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Capital247: 7:58pm On Sep 05, 2017
chyima:

stop with the wrong information,you can actually get tb for as low as 100K,branches are the only one discouraging it because it doesn't yield high profit for the branch hence they encourage fixed deposit instead,but visting a branch close where high net worth customer reside and where knowledgeable people reside you can't be denied cos they know this people have the information

Madam this is a professionals thread, so stop attack and present your fact.

In the Money market, there is primary and secondary market. What you get in the secondary market is resale of product/instrument bought in the primary market, in which the rates offered are varies....
Please research further
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Capital247: 8:06pm On Sep 05, 2017
[quote author=olujaidi post=60167584]

Yes you can. Only that you cannot choose your own rate as was previously applicable [/quI

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Nobody: 8:07pm On Sep 05, 2017
Capital247:

In the Money market, there is primary and secondary market. What you get in the secondary market is resale of product/instrument bought in the primary market, in which the rates offered are varies....
Please research further

I wish you can tell yourself what you just told her
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Capital247: 8:12pm On Sep 05, 2017
GODAKPAN:

u can trade. banks get money and group them and trade on your behalf. on the form of first bank it is clearly stated so indicate which market you want. I did 2m on primary market.

Thats the exact thing i said on polling together to trade.........
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by olujaidi: 8:12pm On Sep 05, 2017
[quote author=Capital247 post=60167838][/quote]

Still incorrect.

The bank will bid on your behalf if you're investing less than 50m. They will pool funds from retail investors who are investing less than 50m and make the purchase on their behalf.

This is the practice.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Capital247: 8:16pm On Sep 05, 2017
GODAKPAN:

Can you please point out what is un-professional in that response.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Nobody: 8:18pm On Sep 05, 2017
Capital247:

Can you please point out what is un-professional in that response.

the first sentence was and is still irrelevant.
the remainder of the message is wonderful.
thanks
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by lancee(m): 8:28pm On Sep 05, 2017
Gavrelino123:

Good evening...
Any updates.?

Have been debited sir ..but yet to reflect amongst the old t-bills account
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by chyima(f): 11:00pm On Sep 05, 2017
Capital247:

Please research further

Oga I never attacked you and is amusing that this research you want me to embark more ,is what you should have done before disagreeing with my post since you know is a professional thread.
I repeat you can get TB lower than 50M from the primary market,the only difference is that the bank bids on your behalf.
TB is what I do @least once in a quarter in the primary market and the upfront in the secondary market,so I know what I am saying.I go to strategic location where I can't be tossed around from the staff.

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by chyima(f): 11:06pm On Sep 05, 2017
GODAKPAN:

like seriously,I don't understand that oga and he went about to countering every one who disagre with his post even when he was wrong.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by RealityShot: 1:01am On Sep 06, 2017
Partnerbiz3:

What do you mean by compound daily?
Everyday interest is added to your total fund.

the next day, the previous day's total is used to calculate interest at the day's rate.

and so on..

please any further questions should be asked on the mutual funds thread.

Thank you
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Amebo123: 6:10am On Sep 06, 2017
Capital247:

Please research further

Please read her post again. Slowly
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Gavrelino123: 6:15am On Sep 06, 2017
lancee:

Have been debited sir ..but yet to reflect amongst the old t-bills account
Good morning..
Mine still hasn't shown...,what do you think should be the next step..?
I'm thinking of giving them the latest grace of today.... !
What is your take on this.?
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by vitality22(m): 8:13am On Sep 06, 2017
Capital247:

Please research further
Bros, the woman is absolutely correct. You are the one that is supposed to do more research. I guess you need to read her post the second time but more SLOWLY this time around.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by emmanuelewumi(m): 8:32am On Sep 06, 2017
Capital247:

Please don't say what you are not sure of. Go to first bank head office or any on the island for Trreasury Bills primary market.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by TONY56: 8:34am On Sep 06, 2017
Fratello:

Thank you. I understand.
I um... I planned on visiting another branch of First Bank in my area for the TB investment. As a newbie, I'm faced with how to go about it without appearing too "jjc-like" to the officer. And also I'll like to know what and what I'll likely fill or take with me.

I just need your knowledgeable direction or more. Thanks.

Just get into the bank and ask for the officer in charge on Treasury Bills.

If it's the Primary market you want to invest in, tell him to give you the form for investment in Treasury Bills for the next aution.

You will fill in your account number, the date of the auction you want to invest in, the amount you want to invest (this must be in your first bank account already), the tenor you want ((either 91days, 182days or 364days tenor) & indicate or thick if you want your upfront interest to be re-invested or not.

Then sign at the appropriate place with date and hand the firm back to the officer.

CHIKENA!!!

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by emmanuelewumi(m): 8:46am On Sep 06, 2017
Capital247:

Be humble and prepare to learn.

2 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Gavrelino123: 9:10am On Sep 06, 2017
Capital247:

You can suscribe for TB below 50m.....it depends on the Branch......some branches use the 50m as an excuse to scared you off......just like my first Encounter with GTBANK, Burma Road Apapa,the lady told me that they can't suscribe for anything below 50M...
But when I went to FESTAC BRANCH, they said minimum of 100k....even IBAFON BRANCH,opposite west minister said above 100k.....
it depends on the Branch.....
.......you have to check other Branches
Branches @the Island are more professional when it comes to T.B...
#Emmanuel is correct 100% correct
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by NL1960: 9:13am On Sep 06, 2017
emmanuelewumi:

Be humble and prepare to learn.

No mind the guy. People have been posting rates they got in the last auction. I wonder if he thought everybody did 50m.

I did with GTB in last week primary market auction and the amount i did was less than 50m. I just simply wrote a letter stating the amount and tenor, sent it to my branch and it was done for a rate of 18.1%. Na the upfront interest i wan take pay my pikin school fees today self.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Gavrelino123: 9:19am On Sep 06, 2017
NL1960:

No mind the guy. People have been posting rates they got in the last auction. I wonder if he thought everybody did 50m.

I did with GTB in last week primary market auction and the amount i did was less than 50m. I just simply wrote a letter stating the amount and tenor, sent it to my branch and it was done for a rate of 18.1%. Na the upfront interest i wan take pay my pikin school fees today self.
Good morning
Have you checked if it's reflecting on your Treasury Bills online banking Account..?
I'm worried because mine is not still reflecting only my old investments maturing next month is there..
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by ihedioramma: 9:26am On Sep 06, 2017
RealityShot:
Everyday interest is added to your total fund.

the next day, the previous day's total is used to calculate interest at the day's rate.

and so on..

please any further questions should be asked on the mutual funds thread.

Thank you
Please give me the mutual funds thread wibsite ?
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Fratello(m): 9:38am On Sep 06, 2017
TONY56:

Just get into the bank and ask for the officer in charge on Treasury Bills.

If it's the Primary market you want to invest in, tell him to give you the form for investment in Treasury Bills for the next aution.

You will fill in your account number, the date of the auction you want to invest in, the amount you want to invest (this must be in your first bank account already), the tenor you want ((either 91days, 182days or 364days tenor) & indicate or thick if you want your upfront interest to be re-invested or not.

Then sign at the appropriate place with date and hand the firm back to the officer.

CHIKENA!!!

Thank you. Thank you.. Thank you.
This is so helpful. God bless you.

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by NL1960: 10:06am On Sep 06, 2017
Gavrelino123:

Good morning
Have you checked if it's reflecting on your Treasury Bills online banking Account..?
I'm worried because mine is not still reflecting only my old investments maturing next month is there..

I do not use GTB online banking as i did not register for it. I have the debit alert on my account as well as the TB advice by email.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by NL1960: 10:06am On Sep 06, 2017
ihedioramma:
Please give me the mutual funds thread wibsite ?

https://www.nairaland.com/1912965/mutual-funds/36
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by chyima(f): 10:14am On Sep 06, 2017
NL1960:

there is something I noticed about GTb rate it has never exceeded 18.1%,since the beginning of this year.is this on purpose or they trade above this rate and 'hijack' the excess above that for their company gain.
I had to start using Stanbic when it was becoming consistent,who else has noticed it
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by lancee(m): 10:28am On Sep 06, 2017
Gavrelino123:

Good morning..
Mine still hasn't shown...,what do you think should be the next step..?
I'm thinking of giving them the latest grace of today.... !
What is your take on this.?

Will check before the eend of closing today , i will get in touch the acct officer about this and let u know sir

(1) (2) (3) ... (378) (379) (380) (381) (382) (383) (384) ... (2238) (Reply)

Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts

Viewing this topic: niyoni and 4 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.