Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,604 members, 7,820,160 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 10:41 AM

Treasury Bills In Nigeria - Investment (440) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Treasury Bills In Nigeria (4446334 Views)

Fixed Deposits Or Treasury Bills, Which Is Better? / Fixed Deposit And Treasury Bill Investments From Abroad / I Need Information On Treasury Bills In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (437) (438) (439) (440) (441) (442) (443) ... (2229) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Nobody: 5:30pm On Dec 12, 2017
dandollar1:

Well, that was what my bank sent to me. Maybe time will tell.

What is the name of your bank please and the branch.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by izang87(m): 7:17pm On Dec 12, 2017
Guys abeg my TB is supposed to mature soon.
Please am I to notify my bank or I will be credited once it is mature. I don't want it rolled over.
Thanks!
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by jaychubi: 7:17pm On Dec 12, 2017
The rates I am seeing here today is shocking meanwhile I jst did 14.45% on Monday and feeling cheated self
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by jaychubi: 7:28pm On Dec 12, 2017
izang87:
Please am I to notify my bank or I will be credited once it is mature. I don't want it rolled over.
Thanks!

When u subscribed u must have indicated what u want except u ticked roll over n wanna change it now

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by C4Ltd: 10:39pm On Dec 12, 2017
izang87:
Thanks!
cheesygrin
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by chizyn(f): 11:31pm On Dec 12, 2017
Hi guys, pls am interested in this treasury bill thing.
Pls could someone explain 2 me how it works
Am a student, so i obviously dnt have alot of money to put in.
How can someone like me be involved in it
Is there anything like the maximum money one can use or something like that??
Hope someone will understand my ramblings
Thnks guys.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by emmanuelewumi(m): 2:35am On Dec 13, 2017
chizyn:
Hi guys, pls am interested in this treasury bill thing.
Pls could someone explain 2 me how it works
Am a student, so i obviously dnt have alot of money to put in.
How can someone like me be involved in it
Is there anything like the maximum money one can use or something like that??
Hope someone will understand my ramblings
Thnks guys.

With 100k, you can Treasury Bills investment with First Bank .
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by zamirikpo(m): 2:57am On Dec 13, 2017
dandollar1:
Dear All,

Please be informed that the Debt Management (DMO) has stated that the N198.032B Nigerian Treasury Bills which will mature in December 2017 will not be rolled over. 

Kindly type in  link below unto your browser to see full information.
https://www.thisdaylive.com/index.php/2017/12/12/dmo-redeems-n198bn-treasury-bills-in-december/
This information has led to an aggressive demand in the Treasury bills Secondary market thereby crashing the rates further.

At this time, being 12 noon Treasury bills in the Secondary  market are trading as follows:

91days - 7.40%
182 days -  7.00%
364days - 7.00%

Thank you.

This was the news I got from my bank this afternoon.
Will the rates rise again?

By my reckoning this information is wrong. From a lay man's point of view,secondary market is not quoted like the primary market and almost always doesn't include 364days.

2. Until the next executive council meeting of the CBN to restructure our economic policies, rates cannot go below 14%. Get ur facts right b4 misleading people.

I stand to be corrected by @FEELAMONG @vitality@awesomej

6 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by lancee(m): 2:59am On Dec 13, 2017

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by lancee(m): 3:01am On Dec 13, 2017
zamirikpo:

By my reckoning this information is wrong. From a lay man's point of view,secondary market is not quoted like the primary market and almost always doesn't include 364days.

2. Until the next executive council meeting of the CBN to restructure our economic policies, rates cannot go below 14%. Get ur facts right b4 misleading people.

He may be right ..if u have access to businessdayonline read it sir

https://abokifx.com/news/nigeria-plans-to-repay-647-mln-t-bills-yields-drop-reuters

http://www.businessdayonline.com/monetary-fiscal-policy-combine-push-t-bill-yields-2-year-low/
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by dandollar1: 3:16am On Dec 13, 2017
zamirikpo:

Sorry, I didn't generate that message by myself. The likelihood that it is true is very high.

Some people here act like they make the policies or determine how the market goes. Anything can happen at any time.This is Nigeria tongue .

Again,FYI, no treasury bills sales from the primary market this year again, till Jan 3rd 2018. Let's see if this one is false too.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by skydiver01: 5:00am On Dec 13, 2017
It is not false... I mentioned yesterday morning that there will be no primary auctions in December.... Some doubted it... cool

dandollar1:
Sorry, I didn't generate that message by myself. The likelihood that it is true is very high.

Some people here act like they make the policies or determine how the market goes. Anything can happen at any time.This is Nigeria tongue .

Again,FYI, no treasury bills sales from the primary market this year again, till Jan 3rd 2018. Let's see if this one is false too.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Fxmanager(m): 6:23am On Dec 13, 2017
dandollar1:
Dear All,

Please be informed that the Debt Management (DMO) has stated that the N198.032B Nigerian Treasury Bills which will mature in December 2017 will not be rolled over. 

Kindly type in  link below unto your browser to see full information.
https://www.thisdaylive.com/index.php/2017/12/12/dmo-redeems-n198bn-treasury-bills-in-december/
This information has led to an aggressive demand in the Treasury bills Secondary market thereby crashing the rates further.

At this time, being 12 noon Treasury bills in the Secondary  market are trading as follows:

91days - 7.40%
182 days -  7.00%
364days - 7.00%

Thank you.

This was the news I got from my bank this afternoon.
Will the rates rise again?
This is the best structured, secured and transparent savings/investment you will ever find in this forum. No lock up period on your savings/investments and you can withdraw or close your account anytime. Your withdrawals from our partner broker to your bank Mastercard/Visa debit card takes 2 to 4 days maximum. If you are using ecurrency payment system, it takes 5 mins to the ecurrency payment systems then you can then make instant withdrawals to your Nigerian Bank account using Nigerian trusted e-currency exchanges. You can also use Bank wire transfer. You might be interested in what we offer. We promise a target of average 5-10%+ monthly profit on your savings/investment. Funds in a secured licensed,audited and regulated financial firm. You can monitor your savings/investment anywhere you are in the world 24/7 using any internet enable device. Deposits/withdrawal are 100% controlled by the investor (We only have access to trade your account through the trading platform and not given access to withdraw). You are free to test us with any amount you can comfortably risk before saving/investing fully with us. Statement of account sent to your email daily. working risk to savers/investors capital is 5-10% risk and maximum permissible risk to savers/investors capital is 30%. Visit the link below.

https://www.nairaland.com/3901897/currency-trading-journal-target-avg

Visit the posts below to learn how to avoid scam and fraud. Learn to check and get the regulatory body's website to verify any company's regulatory status.

https://www.nairaland.com/3925379/investments-anti-scam-fraud-guide
https://www.nairaland.com/3931027/4-ways-avoid-investment-scams

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by zamirikpo(m): 7:29am On Dec 13, 2017
dandollar1:

Until I hear from a reliable source idontbelieveit. Yes there may be no more primary market auctions till next year, but those rates can't be true.

And I don't know everything oga.....that is why I mentioned some possible source of credible info. Don't be offended okay.

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by chizyn(f): 7:32am On Dec 13, 2017
emmanuelewumi:

With 100k, you can Treasury Bills investment with First Bank .
Thanks 4 replying, so Say i am interested, what steps do i take 2 get involved in it?
I assume I'll need 2 first open an acct with First bank, right
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by texas1(m): 8:06am On Dec 13, 2017
chizyn:

Thanks 4 replying, so Say i am interested, what steps do i take 2 get involved in it?
I assume I'll need 2 first open an acct with First bank, right

Go through the first 20 pages of this thread. You ll get all the info/clarification you seek.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by awesomeJ(m): 8:51am On Dec 13, 2017
Zamirikpo and Dandollar, I don't see any wrong info in what either of you has posted here, so there shouldn't be any ish.
As Zamirikpo mentioned, how can you have a 364 day paper on sale on a day when no auctions held? Who issued it? FG of Zimbabwe?
However, Dandollar has said he only shared what his bank sent him, which I know to be true, so I guess what the bank has quoted are only bid/offer rates for bills in the range of those stated tenors, and not for those exact tenors. In any case, it's just a communication error on the bank's part.

On the possibility of having rates that low, it's not out of place, as the news of no auction and a drastic reduction in the overall size of the FG's TBills debt portfolio is something that can cause a panic in the market. The Panic may be huge but it'll be short-lived.

Here are some things to watch out for to know what direction rates will head in the coming quarter:
1. Overall size of bills on offer when the Q1'18 calendar is released. Around 900bn is desirable.
2. MPC's decision at the January meeting. MPR at or above 13% is fine.
3. Frequency of OMO issuances as well as the discounts. 15% or more.
4. Yields in the bond market, as well as the movement of the NSE ASI. These are alternative vehicles for investors.

I however expect the CBN to want a bullish TBill market for exchange rate stability interests, and any other interests they may have.

I think for much of this coming quarter, yields on 364-day papers should remain above 15%.

By the way, nobody would want T-bills at 7%, they'd rather opt for Eurobonds. That's what I'd expect from those money market FPIs.

Now, if after 2 quarters of implementing this new plan, we yet have prime lending rates above 27%, and quoted companies still choose rights issues over corporate bonds and commercial papers, maybe we'll see a return to status quo.

And lest I forget, Fxuser, fxmanager, and all other fxmonikers, kindly reduce the length and frequency of your posts here.Thanks.

8 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Ojix85: 10:06am On Dec 13, 2017
Guys, so this means one must wait till Jan next year for the next auction?

I know its only next month, but *&^%.

Had plans.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Nobody: 10:52am On Dec 13, 2017
zamirikpo:

Until I hear from a reliable source idontbelieveit. Yes there may be no more primary market auctions till next year, but those rates can't be true.

And I don't know everything oga.....that is why I mentioned some possible source of credible info. Don't be offended okay.
the rates can just half overnight it gradual ....the 500 million dollar euro loan can pay up the 8.8 bn dollar tb investment ....inflation is till 15 percent and no body will bring in money to place at 7 percent .....they are taking of OMO Auctions but this act as a guide for the long term direction of tb
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by chyima(f): 11:09am On Dec 13, 2017
hello house ,I just stepped out of stanbic,wanted to get for secondary market rate and was informed that there was a bidding today,so from tommorow I would know the secondary rate.
I was actually surprised since I heard there won't be any auction for the year again,but she said it came unexpectedly from CBN
has anyone been debited and what was the rate
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by bigW(m): 11:38am On Dec 13, 2017
vitality22:

Honestly, you've said it all. I had to delve into crypto (bitcoin) with Usi-tech. My greatest regrets is not joining it early enough. I was busy doing Tbills only basically out of fear not to lose money. Bitcoin is now over $15,000. @Feelamong introduced bitcoin with Usi-tech to me.
Just request to be added to the Usi-tech whatsapp group, honestly you will learn alot and convinced to invest.

Please add me, I need to learn..
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Mup4life: 12:37pm On Dec 13, 2017
bigW:

Please add me, I need to learn..
drop your mail i will send you the link, and you will be well educated about the benefits of investing.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by eniorisha(m): 3:27pm On Dec 13, 2017
I was debited last wednesday @FBN @ 15.5% over 127day tenor. The guy directed me to come for d certifate d following day but i won't be chanced till next year as i'm out of Lag @ d moment. I hope my rate & investment won't be affected by all these uncertainties?
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Nobody: 3:41pm On Dec 13, 2017
eniorisha:

I was debited last wednesday @FBN @ 15.5% over 127day tenor. The guy directed me to come for d certifate d following day but i won't be chanced till next year as i'm out of Lag @ d moment. I hope my rate & investment won't be affected by all these uncertainties?

not at all. You are safe
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by dexla(f): 4:26pm On Dec 13, 2017
For those posting about bitcoin, well bad news!!! North Korea just hacked u and stole $64million. I hope y'all learn from this sophisticated ponzi.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by feelamong(m): 4:39pm On Dec 13, 2017
dexla:
For those posting about bitcoin, well bad news!!! North Korea just hacked u and stole $64million. I hope y'all learn from this sophisticated ponzi.

cheesy grin grin grin grin grin

Ignorance is Bliss!!

7 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by feelamong(m): 4:41pm On Dec 13, 2017
Ojix85:
Guys, so this means one must wait till Jan next year for the next auction?

I know its only next month, but *&^%.

Had plans.

Prepare your selves for far lower rates in Treasury Bills.

As we speak, we are now seeing single digit rates for many Bills in the Secondary market.

Unless Emefiele comes with an aggressive OMO auctions in the new year (which we very well doubt) its time to invest re evaluate Tbills Investment if you want high yields on your money
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by eniorisha(m): 4:52pm On Dec 13, 2017
I was debited last wednesday @FBN @ 15.5% over 127day tenor. The guy directed me to come for d certifate d following day but i won't be chanced till next year as i'm out of Lag @ d moment. I hope my rate & investment won't be affected by all these uncertainties
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by eniorisha(m): 5:22pm On Dec 13, 2017
My apology for posting & reposting d same comment thereby wasting space. I'm chatting from a remote town suffering from poor network reception. Bear with me sirs/mas. U all are doing a great job in here. In fact, this thread made me bite myself for lurking around not-so-profitable threads on platform. Of course, i av been on Nairaland as a guest & member since 2010 & 2013 respectvly; but my first click on buz and investment sections was only 2 weeks ago. I shld av known about TB much earlier; maybe 2012.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by chizyn(f): 5:30pm On Dec 13, 2017
texas1:

Go through the first 20 pages of this thread. You ll get all the info/clarification you seek.
So u couldn't just briefly answer d question abi?
Thnks anyways

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by zamirikpo(m): 5:46pm On Dec 13, 2017
awesomeJ:
Zamirikpo and Dandollar, I don't see any wrong info in what either of you has posted here, so there shouldn't be any ish.
As Zamirikpo mentioned, how can you have a 364 day paper on sale on a day when no auctions held? Who issued it? FG of Zimbabwe?
However, Dandollar has said he only shared what his bank sent him, which I know to be true, so I guess what the bank has quoted are only bid/offer rates for bills in the range of those stated tenors, and not for those exact tenors. In any case, it's just a communication error on the bank's part.

On the possibility of having rates that low, it's not out of place, as the news of no auction and a drastic reduction in the overall size of the FG's TBills debt portfolio is something that can cause a panic in the market. The Panic may be huge but it'll be short-lived.

Here are some things to watch out for to know what direction rates will head in the coming quarter:
1. Overall size of bills on offer when the Q1'18 calendar is released. Around 900bn is desirable.
2. MPC's decision at the January meeting. MPR at or above 13% is fine.
3. Frequency of OMO issuances as well as the discounts. 15% or more.
4. Yields in the bond market, as well as the movement of the NSE ASI. These are alternative vehicles for investors.

I however expect the CBN to want a bullish TBill market for exchange rate stability interests, and any other interests they may have.

I think for much of this coming quarter, yields on 364-day papers should remain above 15%.

By the way, nobody would want T-bills at 7%, they'd rather opt for Eurobonds. That's what I'd expect from those money market FPIs.

Now, if after 2 quarters of implementing this new plan, we yet have prime lending rates above 27%, and quoted companies still choose rights issues over corporate bonds and commercial papers, maybe we'll see a return to status quo.

And lest I forget, Fxuser, fxmanager, and all other fxmonikers, kindly reduce the length and frequency of your posts here.Thanks.

Thanks a lot. U see why I mentioned ur name.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Santino1(m): 5:50pm On Dec 13, 2017
dexla:

Before you start throwing words around, you should first understand what they mean.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (437) (438) (439) (440) (441) (442) (443) ... (2229) (Reply)

Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts

Viewing this topic: emmasoft(m) and 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.