Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,518 members, 7,830,530 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 02:17 AM

Treasury Bills In Nigeria - Investment (466) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Treasury Bills In Nigeria (4459931 Views)

Fixed Deposits Or Treasury Bills, Which Is Better? / Fixed Deposit And Treasury Bill Investments From Abroad / I Need Information On Treasury Bills In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (463) (464) (465) (466) (467) (468) (469) ... (2233) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by dipoolowoo: 4:57pm On Feb 02, 2018
Bitcoin Biggest Bubble in Human History—Financial Expert
https://www.businesspost.ng/2018/02/02/bitcoin-biggest-bubble-human-history-financial-expert/

zamirikpo:
My TB just matured yesterday. And b4 I woke up the alert was already there.

Anyways the wahala now is this 13% u guyz are talking about is not sweeting me at all. And I hear cryptos are tanking.

Wetin person go do now.

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Greatihex(m): 9:15pm On Feb 02, 2018
Let me understand something. If I invest 100,000 for let say, at 10% for each.
How much will i get at the end of 91 days? 182 days? and 365 days?
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by zamirikpo(m): 9:47pm On Feb 02, 2018
Alikote:
pls dont go to cryptos its doesnt have real value by any central bank..rate might jump to 15 by july so do 3 months

15% by july, I hope soo ooh, it could also drop to 10% or less.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Nobody: 9:49pm On Feb 02, 2018
Greatihex:
Let me understand something. If I invest 100,000 for let say, at 10% for each.

How much will i get at the end of
91 days?
182 days? and
365 days?

(10 over 100) multiply by Amount multiply by ( number of days intended over 365)
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by zamirikpo(m): 9:58pm On Feb 02, 2018
vitality22:

My brother, please don't put in all that money in cryptos at all. What I will simply advice you do if you are a fearful type like me is to put into Bitcoin what you can easily forget. For me, the only amount I ever invested in USITECH was N21,900 (twenty one thousand nine hundred naira only). Am not a good risk taker.
My major investments are still in Tbills and MMF. Though my Bitcoin (USITECH) investment has never disappointed me as my interest is over 10 times my N21,900 and I started Bitcoin investment in September 2017 with the interest I got from one of my Tbills.

as much as I believe @feelamong ,the moment he mentioned cryptos I just formed deaf,dumb and blind cos i know how those tickers move , up and down. I need an investment that would allow me sleep with my two eyes closed. like you, my risk tolerance is - 0.01%. especially on funds I have banked. i may just go with the 13% with sadness cos when i calculate the difference from 18% and multiply it by the principal,the difference/shortage is painful. they should have allowed us one more year....mtcheww..

2 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by zamirikpo(m): 10:02pm On Feb 02, 2018
NL1960:

I sure say MMM go sweet you very well. cheesy grin

grin grin MMM didn't chop my 10kobo. It just didn't sound real to me. 30% in 30days, even oil and gas doesn't pay that much.

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by zamirikpo(m): 10:11pm On Feb 02, 2018
Agbaletu:

Honestly, it is not sweet. Anyway, it is still better than to leave it in my savings account. I just have to put in another 8 digits since I don't need it now. I will try MMF by next month.

Na so, wetin man go do. just imagine ............say you get 10m for instance,' i did not say i have oooh'. 10m on 18% na 1.8cool million per anum, now your 10m can only get 1.3m. the difference of 500k can pay rent, and feed you for a while or even get you a nice Honda baby boy (naija used). angry angry

2 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by zamirikpo(m): 10:12pm On Feb 02, 2018
dipoolowoo:
https://www.businesspost.ng/2018/02/02/bitcoin-biggest-bubble-human-history-financial-expert/

And remember Bubbles always BURST. grin grin

3 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Nobody: 11:02pm On Feb 02, 2018
zamirikpo:

Na so, wetin man go do. just imagine ............say you get 10m for instance,' i did not say i have oooh'. 10m on 18% na 1.8cool million per anum, now your 10m can only get 1.3m. the difference of 500k can pay rent, and feed you for a while or even get you a nice Honda baby boy (naija used). angry angry
we don do 9 percent..w

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by dipoolowoo: 4:42am On Feb 03, 2018
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by MrHenri: 7:49am On Feb 03, 2018
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Cation(m): 8:03am On Feb 03, 2018
suppose u bank with Stanbic Ibtc there will be no problem with primary market bid. I did mine with them this last auction and it was successful.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Agbaletu: 10:28am On Feb 03, 2018
zamirikpo:

The difference is just too wide...over 1m.
Let's hope it won't go below 13%.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Greatihex(m): 10:51am On Feb 03, 2018
torres2:

(10 over 100) multiply by Amount multiply by ( number of days intended over 365)
so, if i invest 100,000 at 10% for 91 days, I will get 2493 naira?
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by eniorisha(m): 11:23am On Feb 03, 2018
Greatihex:
YES.

2 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by feelamong(m): 11:45am On Feb 03, 2018
dipoolowoo:

We have been hearing this since 2009 when Bitcoins price was still $1. cheesy

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Greatihex(m): 11:47am On Feb 03, 2018
What is MMF? How can I invest in it? How does it work? How much is the minimum to start it?
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by dotcomnamename: 11:48am On Feb 03, 2018
Greatihex:
What is MMF? Money Market Fund

How can I invest in it? How does it work? How much is the minimum to start it? N5,000

2 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Greatihex(m): 11:49am On Feb 03, 2018
eniorisha:
YES.
hmm. This is not investment, but savings the is better than the savings account.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by dotcomnamename: 12:01pm On Feb 03, 2018
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Nobody: 1:09pm On Feb 03, 2018
Greatihex:

Yes.

The beauty of it is having large sum of money and investing in longer tenures.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by freeman67: 1:56pm On Feb 03, 2018
dotcomnamename:
This is nice

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mw2VVuKdTY8

Nice one...!! Very simple explanation on how it works..
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Greatihex(m): 3:48pm On Feb 03, 2018
torres2:

Yes.

The beauty of it is having large sum of money and investing in longer tenures.

yes. It is unfortunate that i don't have that large sum of money now. Something like 1m and above. I just pray i get that kind of money after this useless nysc that they are trying to use to pause someone's future. At least, by the end of this year, by God's grace.

Thanks for the help.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Nobody: 4:00pm On Feb 03, 2018
Greatihex:
yes. It is unfortunate that i don't have that large sum of money now. Something like 1m and above. I just pray i get that kind of money after this useless nysc that they are trying to use to pause someone's future. At least, by the end of this year, by God's grace.

Thanks for the help.
try and start a biz first when u get 1 milla dont put in tb to generate 11 k monthly ..build a career or biz then invest excess in tb or profit ....

7 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Nobody: 4:01pm On Feb 03, 2018
Greatihex:
hmm. This is not investment, but savings the is better than the savings account.
it an investment that why it attract money from oversea

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Comeandcollect: 4:44pm On Feb 03, 2018
Don't be discouraged, lay a foundation for yourself and invest in yourself then you will see wonders. 9 years ago i had only 300K but now my T-bills monthly interest is 300K+.

Aim high and stay focused.

Greatihex:

Thanks for the help.

10 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Kemade2007(f): 4:50pm On Feb 03, 2018
Greatihex:
What is MMF? How can I invest in it? How does it work? How much is the minimum to start it?

Follow ds link for discussion on MMF
https://www.nairaland.com/1912965/mutual-funds/65

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by MrHighSea: 6:16pm On Feb 03, 2018
Comeandcollect:

Don't be discouraged, lay a foundation for yourself and invest in yourself then you will see wonders. 9 years ago i had only 300K but now my T-bills monthly interest is 300K+.

Aim high and stay focused.

too cool.
Shd i "comeandcollect" some?

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by TONY56: 6:49pm On Feb 03, 2018
dotcomnamename:
This is nice

I beg to differ with the interviewee.
I heard him say that "if you bid for TB at 14% and the stop rate is 17%, you will eventually get 17% also.

That is not true. If you are successful, you will get the rate you bidded for. If what he said is true, then why does some banks like Stanbic and First buy at better rates than others?

To me, the man has confused issues about it entirely. CBN may announce the average bid rate of all the investors but does not sell at average bid rate. You can't ask to buy TB at 10% for example and get it at 9 or 11%.

What he told his viewers on that programme to me is absolutely not correct. I humbly stand to be corrected.

3 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Greatihex(m): 6:50pm On Feb 03, 2018
Kemade2007:

Follow ds link for discussion on MMF https://www.nairaland.com/1912965/mutual-funds/65
thanks. Cc. Comeandcollect Alikote
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by TONY56: 7:39pm On Feb 03, 2018
dotcomnamename:
This is nice

THE ABOVE VIDEO IS NOT NICE AT ALL PLEASE!!!

People, especially newbies who don't really understand how Treasury Bills work should please throw the above video into the trash because it's a misleading interview as I have already posted earlier.

Even in the follow up or second part of that interview, the interviewee was calculating N2,500/3 to be equal to N450. Can you imagine?

I have painstakingly looked for a better video in its place that will explain Treasury Bill better to everyone
Please find it below and compare with the one above.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q2vAnm6sEWM
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Agbaletu: 7:51pm On Feb 03, 2018
TONY56:

I beg to differ with the interviewee.
I heard him say that "if you bid for TB at 14% and the stop rate is 17%, you will eventually get 17% also.

That is not true. If you are successful, you will get the rate you bidded for. If what he said is true, then why does some banks like Stanbic and First buy at better rates than others?

To me, the man has confused issues about it entirely. CBN mat announce the average rate budded by all the investors but does not sell at average bid rate. You can't ask to buy TB at 10% for example and get it at 9 or 11%.

What he told his viewers on that programme to me is absolutely not correct. I humbly stand to be corrected.
Your comment made me watch the video. The video is misleading. The man got it wrong. The rate i have been gotten from Zenith Bank has always been lower than Stanbic IBTC and First Bank. I think the video should be taken down.

(1) (2) (3) ... (463) (464) (465) (466) (467) (468) (469) ... (2233) (Reply)

Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.