Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,223 members, 7,860,426 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 10:55 AM

Treasury Bills In Nigeria - Investment (474) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Treasury Bills In Nigeria (4503870 Views)

Fixed Deposits Or Treasury Bills, Which Is Better? / Fixed Deposit And Treasury Bill Investments From Abroad / I Need Information On Treasury Bills In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (471) (472) (473) (474) (475) (476) (477) ... (2242) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by NoQualms1(f): 12:46pm On Feb 15, 2018
First bank credited my account this morning with the matured TB amount I invested last year.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Gavrelino123: 1:29pm On Feb 15, 2018
Alikote:
any debit gtb
No.....still waiting too.....Kindly update if you are being debited...
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Nobody: 1:35pm On Feb 15, 2018
Gavrelino123:

No.....still waiting too.....Kindly update if you being debited...
ok not yet
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by lancee(m): 1:40pm On Feb 15, 2018
Got debited ..Zenith
After i promised not to go there again ..13.1 % for 364

2 wks ago got 13.5 % Gt..same tenor
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by zamirikpo(m): 1:49pm On Feb 15, 2018
awesomeJ:
Anyone with the US Fed's decision on rates?

My paddy how far .....US fed rates. Pls update me. Am not following.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Sammybabelious: 1:53pm On Feb 15, 2018
Good pm gurus in the house. Please am sorry for disturbing you. This my first time of doing Tbills, I wanted to go for Fixed deposit,until I came across Tbills here.
My issue now is that I invested 1.1M,on the 6th of February, and till now have not be given the upfront interest ,just this morning I decided to check my balance if it has dropped, to my surprise I saw N875.6 as interest... ....is it the interest or should I be expecting more...it 10days now.
2..how long does it stays to be credited?
3...because I remember I ticked upfront
NB:Please can I go to another branch to verify it?(First Bank) or must it be d same branch I did I transaction. Cuz am not in the same state now I traveled.
Please help me it urgent. Attached is d screenshot.

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by freeman67: 2:08pm On Feb 15, 2018
Sammybabelious:
Good pm gurus in the house. Please am sorry for disturbing you. This my first time of doing Tbills, I wanted to go for Fixed deposit,until I came across Tbills here.
My issue now is that I invested 1.1M,on the 6th of February, and till now have not be given the upfront interest ,just this morning I decided to check my balance if it has dropped, to my surprise I saw N875.6 as interest... ....is it the interest or should I be expecting more...it 10days now.
2..how long does it stays to be credited?
3...because I remember I ticked upfront
NB:Please can I go to another branch to verify it?(First Bank) or must it be d same branch I did I transaction. Cuz am not in the same state now I traveled.
Please help me it urgent. Attached is d screenshot.

With what I am seeing in your statement it's like you ticked the invest with principal/capital with interest option. Meaning your your upfront was reinvested with your capital. NTB is done in excess of N1000 so any amount that is not up to N1000 would not be invested that is why they dropped that N915 interest in your account if not you would not have seen any interest. For more understanding go and collect your certificate/proof of investment from your bank tomorrow. If you are not clear with it then we'll discuss further.
I hope this helps....

2 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by awesomeJ(m): 2:16pm On Feb 15, 2018
zamirikpo:

My paddy how far .....US fed rates. Pls update me. Am not following.
I'm cool o. I've just been looking around for vehicles with faster velocities but which still have great safety prospects. So I have been observing happenings at the stock market lately. Entered late in January and at a point almost lost 25%. But I have since reduced my exposure, and there's been a part reversal on those losses.

On rates, Timmy posted yesterday that it was at 1.25-1.50%. The target is for inflation to reach 2%. If that happens, then the Fed may hike rate to about 2%. This will at least guarantee that money market yields in Nigeria remain upwards of 15%.

I learnt there's a new chairman though after grandma Janet's term ended, and wasn't renewed. I hope his thoughts on rates align with Grandma's.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Aijay0000: 3:30pm On Feb 15, 2018
Good day. Please I need some advice on this. So u approached my retail banker at first bank on tbs. She clearly stated 182 days with 13 percent interest. I invested 600k and got an alert of 40, 269 (Thats about 6.71 percent) I am not understanding these bankers.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Gavrelino123: 3:49pm On Feb 15, 2018
Aijay0000:
Good day. Please I need some advice on this. So u approached my retail banker at first bank on tbs. She clearly stated 182 days with 13 percent interest. I invested 600k and got an alert of 40, 269 (Thats about 6.71 percent) I am not understanding these bankers.
lol....you are wrong....the 40,269 is the actual amount that you will get for 13% for 182 days.....using simple interest formular....

4 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Aijay0000: 4:24pm On Feb 15, 2018
Okay thanks. I get it now. quote author=Gavrelino123 post=65091276]
lol....you are wrong....the 40,269 is the actual amount that you will get for 13% for 182 days.....using simple interest formular....[/quote]

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Tojued: 4:29pm On Feb 15, 2018
?

zinaunreal:
guy can you dash me?
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by raystar96(m): 4:44pm On Feb 15, 2018
Alikote:
any debit gtb
none yet...I spoke with my account officer today.. he said I would debited today #Team_GTB
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Nobody: 4:49pm On Feb 15, 2018
raystar96:
none yet...I spoke with my account officer today.. he said I would debited today #Team_GTB
o.k waiting notting yet team gtb
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Nobody: 4:51pm On Feb 15, 2018
gtb debit just occurred guess is 13.5 poor but we go manage
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by raystar96(m): 5:04pm On Feb 15, 2018
Alikote:
182 or 364...how much did u invest and what's d interest upfront
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by raystar96(m): 5:04pm On Feb 15, 2018
Alikote:
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by raystar96(m): 5:08pm On Feb 15, 2018
#Team GTB ..better days ahead
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Nobody: 5:08pm On Feb 15, 2018
raystar96:
those are confidential info ....

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by samkay12(m): 5:12pm On Feb 15, 2018
freeman67:

With what I am seeing in your statement it's like you ticked the invest with principal/capital with interest option. Meaning your your upfront was reinvested with your capital. NTB is done in excess of N1000 so any amount that is not up to N1000 would not be invested that is why they dropped that N915 interest in your account if not you would not have seen any interest. For more understanding go and collect your certificate/proof of investment from your bank tomorrow. If you are not clear with it then we'll discuss further.
I hope this helps....
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by zamirikpo(m): 5:13pm On Feb 15, 2018
awesomeJ:

I'm cool o. I've just been looking around for vehicles with faster velocities but which still have great safety prospects. So I have been observing happenings at the stock market lately. Entered late in January and at a point almost lost 25%. But I have since reduced my exposure, and there's been a part reversal on those losses.

On rates, Timmy posted yesterday that it was at 1.25-1.50%. The target is for inflation to reach 2%. If that happens, then the Fed may hike rate to about 2%. This will at least guarantee that money market yields in Nigeria remain upwards of 15%.

I learnt there's a new chairman though after grandma Janet's term ended, and wasn't renewed. I hope his thoughts on rates align with Grandma's.

Ok...gotcha now.

In other matters....who has been debited by stanbic.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by raystar96(m): 5:14pm On Feb 15, 2018
sorry...I wanted to intrude your privacy..
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by zamirikpo(m): 5:46pm On Feb 15, 2018
My alert done come ooh

Stanbic is the best for primary market jare.

Got 13.6% for 364dayz.

2 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by TONY56: 6:43pm On Feb 15, 2018
zamirikpo:
My alert done come ooh

Stanbic is the best for primary market jare.

Got 13.6% for 364dayz.

Before nko?
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by TONY56: 6:58pm On Feb 15, 2018
freeman67:

I hope this helps....

I align with your post. It appears his interest was reinvested and what was credited as NTB interest (N857.46 on 15/02/2018 & not N915 as you claimed) looks like the fraction of N1000 that couldn't be reinvested since it was not up to N1000. The N915 you saw on the statement of account is his monthly interest earned on the savings account while NTB interest was dropped on the 15th February 2018.

If you observe well, you will see from his account that it took them over a week to drop the interest instead of the normal 2 to 3days.

If he had given the tenor, one may have been able to do a rough calculation. All said and done, he needs to either go to the branch or get his soft copy of the certificate online to confirm but I am sure it was from the Secondary Market.

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Sammybabelious: 7:56pm On Feb 15, 2018
Yes, it from secondary market.... (first Bank )
2...the tenor is 91 days
3...pls how can I get
4...please how can I get the soft copy online. Where I am is quiet far from where I did the transaction. (pls if possible, d mail or website)
5...when I went there, for the Tbills, I was told it was 11.5%, ....
Mathematicians,place what is it suppose to be my interest?..
TONY56:

I align with your post. It appears his interest was reinvested and what was credited as NTB interest (N857.46 on 15/02/2018 & not N915 as you claimed) looks like the fraction of N1000 that couldn't be reinvested since it was not up to N1000. The N915 you saw on the statement of account is his monthly interest earned on the savings account while NTB interest was dropped on the 15th February 2018.

If you observe well, you will see from his account that it took them over a week to drop the interest instead of the normal 2 to 3days.

If he had given the tenor, one may have been able to do a rough calculation. All said and done, he needs to either go to the branch or get his soft copy of the certificate online to confirm but I am sure it was from the Secondary Market.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by teraflu(m): 8:55pm On Feb 15, 2018
Does anybody know if this guy is for real, he has. hundreds of positive feedback on his blog, I want to know if anyone has experience dealing with him? https://donnieallen.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by TONY56: 10:03pm On Feb 15, 2018
Sammybabelious:
Yes, it from secondary market.... (first Bank )
2...the tenor is 91 days
3...pls how can I get
4...please how can I get the soft copy online. Where I am is quiet far from where I did the transaction. (pls if possible, d mail or website)
5...when I went there, for the Tbills, I was told it was 11.5%, ....
Mathematicians,place what is it suppose to be my interest?..

If you had submitted your email address with the bank before for online banking, then the should have been sending you email alerts. If not, you can send mail to their customer care requesting for it or approach a Fisrt bank branch manager near you for assistance.

91day tenor on 91day at 11.5% on N1,100,000 gives N1,100,000 x 11.5/100 x 91/364 = N31,625 (excluding transaction charges) if you were to be paid up front.

If you reinvested your interest less charges of say N31,000, your new or 2nd interest will be N31,000 ×11.5/100 × 91/364 = N891.25 also excluding transaction charges.

Since this second interest is not up to N1000, it can't be further reinvested. So it will be paid into your account less transaction costs which I guess is the N857.46 interest that was eventually paid into your account on 15/02/2018.

Then at maturity (after 91days), you will receive N1,100,000 + about N31,000 = N1,131,000. But note that N857.46 has already been paid to you too making a total of N1,131,857.46.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Nobody: 10:59pm On Feb 15, 2018
one of mine matured today and I got alert before 10am. first bank. very time conscious, and characteristics of a good biz. would have reinvested if I were to be in town thereby not missing a single day. Those that were arguing that real estate is far better, please which tenant does that?

3 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Gavrelino123: 11:04pm On Feb 15, 2018
Alikote:
Same,....atleast it's better than fixed deposit and it's risk free...We can sleep peacefully with our eyes closed...no high BP.....!!!......#Team #TB#..
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by dipoolowoo: 7:11am On Feb 16, 2018

(1) (2) (3) ... (471) (472) (473) (474) (475) (476) (477) ... (2242) (Reply)

Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts

Viewing this topic: enque(f) and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.