Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,544 members, 7,823,386 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 09:32 AM

Treasury Bills In Nigeria - Investment (517) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Treasury Bills In Nigeria (4451158 Views)

Fixed Deposits Or Treasury Bills, Which Is Better? / Fixed Deposit And Treasury Bill Investments From Abroad / I Need Information On Treasury Bills In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (514) (515) (516) (517) (518) (519) (520) ... (2230) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by aremso(m): 9:56am On May 18, 2018
ahiboilandgas:
notting will happen to the bank with present structures

This is nigeria and anything could happen. When the presidency/CBN were intrested in intercontinental bank then, they ensure they nailed Erastus and ACCESS bank took over the bank. Was it not the same issues union, oceanic and unity bank had then? so This is my beloved country Nigeria which i can Name animal farm, so surprises happens.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by tonnieblaise(m): 10:49am On May 18, 2018
Please guys, for early termination, how long would it take for the money to be get to you
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by ahiboilandgas: 10:58am On May 18, 2018
aremso:

This is nigeria and anything could happen. When the presidency/CBN were intrested in intercontinental bank then, they ensure they nailed Erastus and ACCESS bank took over the bank. Was it not the same issues union, oceanic and unity bank had then? so This is my beloved country Nigeria which i can Name animal farm, so surprises happens.
not the bank the accounts holders
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by netyke(m): 11:24am On May 18, 2018
Run from scammers.... You can easily get a loan from loulak-DHDP investment portharcourt at a very low interest rate. Our services are for clients within Rivers State and environs. Visit us at No. 7B Ekere Street Rumuobiakani off Aba Road close to Bridge bustop Portharcourt. You can call... 08064727964, 08038998386. Email : amoguiyke@loulak.com, info@loulak.com. www.loulak.com.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Nobody: 4:26pm On May 18, 2018
PLEASE I WENT TO FILL TB FORM TODAY.I HAVE BEEN DEBITED THOUGH I HAVE NOT RECEIVED MY UPFRONT PROFIT. THE DETAILZ OF THE DEBIT SHOWS 182DAYS INSTEAD OF 364DAYS THAT I TICKED.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Gavrelino123: 5:49pm On May 18, 2018
ahiboilandgas:
may be there head office branch ....gtb guys too relax they feel u are stuck with them
I visited them personally today..!!!
I got 223 days @ 11% Secondary Market GTBANK today....!!!!!
I have just been debited.....!!!!!
The maturity date is what i don't like at all....27th of December 2018.....Meaning i will have to wait till January 2019 in other to Re-invest...!!
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by ahiboilandgas: 6:08pm On May 18, 2018
Gavrelino123:

The maturity date is what i don't like at all....27th of December 2018.....Meaning i will have to wait till January 2019 in other to Re-invest...!!
whoa it seem my account officer is about to loose me she told me it was successful but yet to be debited but I will visit on Monday for secondary markets.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by alezzy13: 6:10pm On May 18, 2018
pxjosh:
Got 11.1% for 224days via First Bank

Wow! not bad at!! I got 10% via thru GTB
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by alezzy13: 6:15pm On May 18, 2018
Gavrelino123:

Not bad.

I got debited thru GTB yesterday and based on my calculation, the rate given to me was about 10.5% for 182 days.

Recall that they failed the bid last week so i had to wiat till this week.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Gavrelino123: 11:36pm On May 18, 2018
alezzy13:

Not bad.

I got debited thru GTB yesterday and based on my calculation, the rate given to me was about 10.5% for 182 days.

Recall that they failed the bid last week so i had to wiat till this week.
Wow....that's cool...it's a good rate.
My 364 days bid yesterday failed..... .I wasn't happy at all.....I became calm after i got the secondary Market today....
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Nobody: 4:11pm On May 20, 2018
Wanna Hit FBN for secondary market.. Any other bank with better rate?
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Gavrelino123: 4:46pm On May 20, 2018
Izuogu1:
Wanna Hit FBN for secondary market.. Any other bank with better rate?
First bank is the best when it comes to TB Secondary market with the best rates......Second to Stanbic IBTC.......Thirdly,,GTBANK..
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by donestk(m): 5:55pm On May 20, 2018
Pardon my ignorance pls.

Is TB a safe investment?
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Nobody: 5:59pm On May 20, 2018
Gavrelino123:

First bank is the best when it comes to TB Secondary market with the best rates......Second to Stanbic IBTC.......Thirdly,,GTBANK..
ok..thank u.. Will update u guys tomorrow about it
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Nobody: 6:00pm On May 20, 2018
donestk:
Pardon my ignorance pls.

Is TB a safe investment?
yes.. Your capital is 100% safe in the hands of the Federal Government of Nigeria and not the local/commercial bank.

3 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by donestk(m): 6:03pm On May 20, 2018
Thanks so much.

Can I start with 500k?

Izuogu1:
yes.. Your capital is 100% safe in the hands of the Federal Government of Nigeria and not the local/commercial bank.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Nobody: 6:10pm On May 20, 2018
donestk:
Thanks so much.

Can I start with 500k?

yes..you can even start with 100k

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by donestk(m): 6:27pm On May 20, 2018
Cool. Will check d bank Moro. Many thanks!

Izuogu1:
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Nobody: 6:28pm On May 20, 2018
donestk:
Cool. Will check d bank Moro. Many thanks!

you are welcome

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by deborsky(m): 8:54pm On May 20, 2018
good
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by dipoolowoo: 9:27am On May 21, 2018

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Thisandthat(f): 4:40pm On May 21, 2018
Stanbic Ibtc secondary rates for today..
11% for 80days
11.3% for 206 days
11.05% for 185 days
Settled for 80days shaaa...wanted a tenure dat will mature around October but couldn't get...hopefully it will be available after 80days...I have 2 Tbills running.. One maturing Oct 4....I would like to make it one...no time for multiple investments mbok
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Gavrelino123: 5:14pm On May 21, 2018
Thisandthat:
Stanbic Ibtc secondary rates for today..
11% for 80days
11.3% for 206 days
11.05% for 185 days
Settled for 80days shaaa...wanted a tenure dat will mature around October but couldn't get...hopefully it will be available after 80days...I have 2 Tbills running.. One maturing Oct 4....I would like to make it one...no time for multiple investments mbok
Wow...Good Rates...it seems Stanbic IBTC is leading this time in Secondary Market TB rates.
TB is always the best in Money Market Investments..it gives you the actual value of your money..
I have 8 Tbills running concurrently.....
I plan having TB maturing monthly,,if possible twice monthly...
God bless our investments..
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Thisandthat(f): 6:08pm On May 21, 2018
Gavrelino123:

Wow...Good Rates...it seems Stanbic IBTC is leading this time in Secondary Market TB rates.
TB is always the best in Money Market Investments..it gives you the actual value of your money..
Amen!!!Maybe some of us are not so good at multitasking...Prefer to monitor one thing than so many things....and this applies to every area of my life....just shutdown my Stanbic mmf to concentrate on tb...lol...can't deal....Doing one thing helps me to stay organised...All d best

2 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by ahiboilandgas: 6:30pm On May 21, 2018
Gavrelino123:

went to gtb I settled for 11.3 for 206 days wrote letter after speaking with the manager who attended to me say he will send it to my account officer in abuja while am in Lagos call my account officer and he said he has received it but am yet to be debited ...did take long
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Gavrelino123: 6:51pm On May 21, 2018
ahiboilandgas:
went to gtb I settled for 11.3 for 206 days wrote letter after speaking with the manager who attended to me say he will send it to my account officer in abuja while am in Lagos call my account officer and he said he has received it but am yet to be debited ...did take long
That's a brilliant move....But if you haven't been debited till this time of the day,i don't think you will be debited today again...
Your TB still hasn't been treated.
You still have to meet them again.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by ahiboilandgas: 6:58pm On May 21, 2018
Gavrelino123:

That's a brilliant move....But if you haven't been debited till this time of the day,i don't think you will be debited today again...
Your TB still hasn't been treated.
You still have to meet them again.
I really don't understand why I taught secondary markets where automatic
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by kaffyadeakeem(f): 7:23pm On May 21, 2018
Fbn gave me 10.5% for 91 days this afternoon. I hope this is better offer
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Gavrelino123: 7:36pm On May 21, 2018
Thisandthat:

Amen!!!Maybe some of us are not so good at multitasking...Prefer to monitor one thing than so many things....and this applies to every area of my life....just shutdown my Stanbic mmf to concentrate on tb...lol...can't deal....Doing one thing helps me to stay organised...All d best
lol..."Multitasking" this phrase just got me laughing..lol
That's alright....You are on the right track...
These are funds in which i have no plans for @ the moment....The best i can do is to lock them up on TB temporarily until a "reasonable use" for them comes..
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by mahvie: 7:38pm On May 21, 2018
Izuogu1:
Evening to you. do you have any idea if I can start with 50k ??
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Gavrelino123: 7:41pm On May 21, 2018
ahiboilandgas:
I really don't understand why I taught secondary markets where automatic
Each Deposit Money Banks have their different mode of operations.
Banks like First Bank..Stanbic IBTC and few others are instant.....they will debit you fully,and afterwards,credit you with the discounted interest..
GTBANK will debit you the discounted amount at the accredited time....mostly evening better 4:00-6:00Pm.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (514) (515) (516) (517) (518) (519) (520) ... (2230) (Reply)

Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts

Viewing this topic: Entrepreneurrr and 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.