Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,812 members, 7,820,869 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 11:47 PM

Treasury Bills In Nigeria - Investment (515) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Treasury Bills In Nigeria (4447464 Views)

Fixed Deposits Or Treasury Bills, Which Is Better? / Fixed Deposit And Treasury Bill Investments From Abroad / I Need Information On Treasury Bills In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (512) (513) (514) (515) (516) (517) (518) ... (2229) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by yak(m): 7:34pm On May 15, 2018
Gavrelino123:

1.....Stanbic IBTC.
2... First Bank.
3... GTBANK.
But "Firstbank" is the Best for secondary Markets and most professional among all when it comes to TB.
Honest hierarchical Banks on TB.

what about uba
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Gavrelino123: 8:30pm On May 15, 2018
Kolping:
Note the minimum subscription is 50,001,000 Naira

lol,,I'm aware......It's for the Men.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Gavrelino123: 8:31pm On May 15, 2018
yak:

what about uba
I don't know,except you wish to learn from Experience.

2 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by spenca: 5:10am On May 16, 2018
yak:

what about uba

Uba is good , they have a swift GIS team .

This is not a recommendation is anyway.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by janga(m): 9:48am On May 16, 2018
Skype Bank giving 13.5% for fixed deposit of 90days tenure, what did you guy think

2 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by janga(m): 9:51am On May 16, 2018
and for this Bank, i don comot my small money there

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by zamirikpo(m): 11:00am On May 16, 2018
janga:
Skype Bank giving 13.5% for fixed deposit of 90days tenure, what did you guy think
I did FD with Skyebank dis month,after the last TB with stanbic failed. That rate is very good, but remember they will deduct 10% for tax and u have to bear the risk of the bank surviving throughout ur tenure, for me it is 364days. Hopefully they stay afloat .
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by chukzyfcbb: 11:12am On May 16, 2018
spenca:
With the next MPC meeting around the corner, no one can be sure of the outcome but it is likely there will be a hold on the MPR, nonetheless foreign investors are exiting hence the government needs to start making this bills attractive. Coupons may rise about 100-300 basis point in coming months. My sincere position is lock into shorter tenors if you have low liquidity so you do not miss out on better rates going forward or sell at a discount.

Due diligence is advised
How are you sure that foreign investors are leaving? The reports are showing that capital importation in the first quarter is over 17% and 590% Year on year.

I am yet to see a report to show a reduction in capital importation. So far, I don't think foreign investors are leaving.

I am a little skeptic if rates are going to ever go so high this year because the reserves has been built to a point where it can absorb any shocks.

Although election will bring about uncertainty to the stock market which will produce a resultant effect into the inflationary rare. I think the robust external reserves will be used to fight against inflation by supporting these coys and those who will be needing lots of dollars during this election both for legit and illegitimate purposes.

for now my fingers are crossed....

47bn in external reserves is enough power bro!

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by janga(m): 11:43am On May 16, 2018
zamirikpo:

I did FD with Skyebank dis month,after the last TB with stanbic failed. That rate is very good, but remember they will deduct 10% for tax and u have to bear the risk of the bank surviving throughout ur tenure, for me it is 364days. Hopefully they stay afloat .

wtf “bear the risk of the bank surviving throughout ur tenure” can you plz explain that or does it mean its not safe to invest FD
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by sunvick(m): 11:59am On May 16, 2018
So I got 9.5% for 91days from Zenith Bank for the last primary market bid. TB is just going down every dem day. Sad
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by diamond88: 1:28pm On May 16, 2018
sunvick:
So I got 9.5% for 91days from Zenith Bank for the last primary market bid. TB is just going down every dem day. Sad

very poor i say. I think i am dam lucky to get rate on secondary market through stanbic---12.40%

Effective Date : 14-May-2018
Maturity Date : 09-August-2018
Rate : 12.400

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Nobody: 2:09pm On May 16, 2018
All these other banks secondary market rate is depressing except for Stanbic and First bank. Time to move to Mutual funds investment for now.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by FKBZ: 3:02pm On May 16, 2018
TB should gbera ooo.... Mine would soon expire... I need 17% above..

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by KpagoGIN(m): 4:33pm On May 16, 2018
diamond88:

very poor i say. I think i am dam lucky to get rate on secondary market through stanbic---12.40%

Effective Date : 14-May-2018
Maturity Date : 09-August-2018
Rate : 12.400
please what was the Tenor.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by diamond88: 4:58pm On May 16, 2018
KpagoGIN:
please what was the Tenor.
That's 85 days.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by KpagoGIN(m): 5:03pm On May 16, 2018
diamond88:

That's 85 days.

Nice.... hoping to get a favourable landing for my 182 days, still on Zenith.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Sach: 8:30pm On May 16, 2018
Hi all,what about results for the auction....
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by dyonpoint: 8:34pm On May 16, 2018
Sach:
Hi all,what about results for the auction....

Seriously waiting for it myself. My money got deducted nd I have not receive alert from Stanbic yet. If I do not receive any notification by tomorrow, then I will visit them shapily to avoid story that touch.

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by awesomeJ(m): 9:12pm On May 16, 2018
Results for today's PMA have been published: https://www.cbn.gov.ng/rates/govtsecurities.asp
discount rates at 10.0 10.5 and 10.7 respectively for the 3 tenors.
On the positive side though, oversubscriptions were mild.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Nobody: 9:18pm On May 16, 2018
Am going to Sub for TB on Friday. My Bank is FBN. Can i expect 11.5% for 365Days?
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Sach: 9:22pm On May 16, 2018
awesomeJ:
Results for today's PMA have been published:
https://www.cbn.gov.ng/rates/govtsecurities.asp

discount rates at 10.0 10.5 and 10.7 respectively for the 3 tenors.

On the positive side though, oversubscriptions were mild.

Low rates ...... Hope Stanbic is sucessful sha
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Sach: 9:23pm On May 16, 2018
dyonpoint:

Seriously waiting for it myself. My money got deducted nd I have not receive alert from Stanbic yet. If I do not receive any notification by tomorrow, then I will visit them shapily to avoid story that touch.

Yes o
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Rochero(m): 9:52pm On May 16, 2018
Osahon7:
Am going to Sub for TB on Friday. My Bank is FBN. Can i expect 11.5% for 365Days?
Good day, I have an idea for you which you might consider. Are you in lagos?
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Nobody: 10:49pm On May 16, 2018
Rochero:

Good day, I have an idea for you which you might consider. Are you in lagos?
nope.. Am not
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Rochero(m): 10:56pm On May 16, 2018
Osahon7:
nope.. Am not
I intend telling you about an investment opportunity where you will get 29% ROI, far more better than what TB offers.
Will mention you with another username
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Nobody: 11:06pm On May 16, 2018
Rochero:

I intend telling you about an investment opportunity where you will get 29% ROI, far more better than what TB offers.
Tell me about it
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Rochero(m): 7:10am On May 17, 2018
Osahon7:

Tell me about it
I mentioned you in another post. Did you see my mention? I don't want to derail this thread
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Gavrelino123: 7:19am On May 17, 2018
Rochero:

I have a friend who will be interested in this your undisclosed business opportunity,..but he works with EFCC,....I also have another closer friend too who would love it even more ,he also works with SARS....
Kindly send your office or residential address.
Both are very eager to Participate..
Thanks...

12 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Rochero(m): 7:48am On May 17, 2018
Gavrelino123:

I have a friend who will be interested in this your undisclosed business opportunity,..but he works with EFCC,....I also have another closer friend too who would love it even more ,he also works with SARS....
Kindly send your office or residential address.
Both are very eager to Participate..
Thanks...
They are all welcome aboard. I am talking about investment in properties. Have you heard about The Oceanna? Pls do follow this moniker oceannaagent
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by ahiboilandgas: 8:20am On May 17, 2018
Rochero:

They are all welcome aboard. I am talking about investment in properties. Have you heard about The Oceanna? Pls do follow this moniker oceannaagent
predator spotted where is our terminator in this forum

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (512) (513) (514) (515) (516) (517) (518) ... (2229) (Reply)

Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.