Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,146 members, 7,815,016 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 04:50 AM

Treasury Bills In Nigeria - Investment (540) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Treasury Bills In Nigeria (4436280 Views)

Fixed Deposits Or Treasury Bills, Which Is Better? / Fixed Deposit And Treasury Bill Investments From Abroad / I Need Information On Treasury Bills In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (537) (538) (539) (540) (541) (542) (543) ... (2228) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Apitch(m): 12:10pm On Jul 11, 2018
dyonpoint:
Please when is the next T-bills auction?

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by nadico(m): 2:46pm On Jul 11, 2018
I just got 11% today for 356days from first bank.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by ACAN(m): 2:56pm On Jul 11, 2018
Save The Date: Investdata Stock Market Training Workshop

On Saturday, July 28, 2018

Theme- Comprehensive Stock Trading & Investing Toolkit for Rest of 2018

Sub Topics

Review of 2018H1 Market & Economic Performance: How Fiscal Reforms and Stimulus Will Support the Market/Economy in 2018H2.

In this presentation, the speaker will discuss how historically the Fiscal and Monetary policies have influenced Nigeria’s stock market, the implications for the second half and it would drive equity prices higher as recovery continues.

2018H2 Trading Checklist: How to Find Winning Stocks in Nigeria’s Volatile Equity Market

After the prolonged correction, volatility is here to stay for the rest of 2018. Is it time to start worrying about losses suffered so far, a flattening yield curve or time to relax due to the outstanding earnings season? Better yet, is there a way to harness increased volatility to your advantage? Our facilitator, a stock market expert will show you how to handle increased volatility in 2018. He’ll offer insights into forces impacting today’s market. He will share, using real-time examples, his ultimate checklist to finding winning stocks propelled by volatility. This simple strategy allows you to quickly evaluate stocks and to better time entry and exit points, while understanding market forces moving your portfolio

How To Generate Consistent Superior Equity Returns and Income With Dividend Stocks

Here, the expert will discuss his approach to generating equity income by investing in undervalued dividend stocks, what he looks out for when trading dividend stocks at a discount to historical valuations on multiples of price to sales, earnings, cash flow, book value, and enterprise value to EBITDA. In addition, he requires companies to have positive operating cash flow over the past 12 months, with dividends covered comfortably by cash flow.

Powerful Patterns and Effective Strategies for Trading Shifts in Market Volatility

Recent and ongoing changes in market volatility present both risks and opportunities for discerning traders. Learn some of the most effective strategies for taking advantage of the high-probability trading opportunities available in equities, while minimizing risks associated with stock market trading. The six most powerful patterns in the market to trade, how to know which patterns and strategies to specialize in for consistent results and the critical difference between oscillating and momentum patterns.

Kindly call or send yes to 08032055467, 08028164086 or 08111811223.

Ambrose Omordion

CRO|Investdata Consulting Ltd
info@investdataonline.com
info@investdata.com.ng
ambrose.o@investdataonline.com
ambroseconsultants@yahoo.com
Tel: 08028164085, 08032055467
https://investdataltd..com/2018/07/save-date-investdata-stock-market.html
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by ozymes: 3:01pm On Jul 11, 2018
Well, that is why you are here: TB thread!
Chiscomax:
If i have 1,000,000 naira why should i invest it in treasury bills for 1 year and get a return of maybe 100,000 naira profit when i can invest it into something like poultry and earn more?
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by zinaunreal(m): 10:08pm On Jul 11, 2018
ozymes:
Well, that is why you are here: TB thread!

Why you waste your time dey answer that niggah. He is here to criticize obviously
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Nnamz(m): 6:19am On Jul 12, 2018

dyonpoint:

Thanks.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by handsomebolanle: 7:26am On Jul 12, 2018
Please few questions for clarity...
Went to zenith bank yesterday and the customer care was mentioning 5percent to me... Seems she doesn't know much about it because she referred me to another of her colleagues..
The colleague was trying to buy me into fixed deposit.. However I insisted I needed Tbills.... Then he told me that they bid only at month end...
Unlike some post that said. Bidding is every 2 weeks... Also I thought secondary market bidding is anytime ... Please someone should help me.. Thanks..

Modified : Also on the form given to me was
Option A: customer bid rate in percentage
option B : Bank Bid rate
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by dotcomnamename: 7:32am On Jul 12, 2018
handsomebolanle:
Please few questions for clarity...
Went to zenith bank yesterday and the customer care was mentioning 5percent to me... Seems she doesn't know much about it because she referred me to another of her colleagues..
The colleague was trying to buy me into fixed deposit.. However I insisted I needed Tbills.... Then he told me that they bid only at month end...
Unlike some post that said. Bidding is every 2 weeks... Also I thought secondary market bidding is anytime ... Please someone should help me.. Thanks..

Run away. That's fixed deposit grin

Its a lie O, insist you want to invest your money in Treasury Bills. Tell them it's your money and you will report them to CBN / Consumer Protection. Watch how they Will change tone.... grin

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by handsomebolanle: 7:35am On Jul 12, 2018
dotcomnamename:

Run away. That's fixed deposit grin
grin grin .. I was later given a form "Application for Nigeria Government Treasury Bills"

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by handsomebolanle: 12:23pm On Jul 12, 2018
First Bank with simplicity.... I think they are best straight forward .. Shalom...

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by lastclaire4(f): 1:51pm On Jul 12, 2018
handsomebolanle:
First Bank with simplicity.... I think they are best straight forward .. Shalom...
I don't think so. My friend did tbill for 2.5m for 91 days and she was given 41k. From what I have read, it is below what is being offered.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by handsomebolanle: 2:50pm On Jul 12, 2018
lastclaire4:

I don't think so. My friend did tbill for 2.5m for 91 days and she was given 41k. From what I have read, it is below what is being offered.
Hmm.. That's about 6.1 percent if my calculations are right... Are you sure that wasn't fixed deposit

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by olusogo1(m): 6:52pm On Jul 12, 2018
I will like to how many Tbills can one do using the same account in a particular period of time. I.e can one do multiple Tbills with the same account starting at different days. E.g. I did one 2 months ago for 182 days and I'm hoping I can do another one this month.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by freeman67: 7:29pm On Jul 12, 2018
olusogo1:
I will like to how many Tbills can one do using the same account in a particular period of time. I.e can one do multiple Tbills with the same account starting at different days. E.g. I did one 2 months ago for 182 days and I'm hoping I can do another one this month.

You can do it daily (for secondary) if you like except when there is no offer.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by freeman67: 7:38pm On Jul 12, 2018
lastclaire4:

What is in your friends contract/agreement/certificate. The rate up there will be around 6.5. That's still below what's obtainable at the moment. Let him go and get his proof of investment to be sure of the kind of contract he entered because this picture you painted has the similitude of Termed/Fixed Deposit.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Hamthablow(m): 7:43pm On Jul 12, 2018
Hello guys in the house. What percentage is given by Zenith Bank for fixed deposit as at today?
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by gamaliel9: 9:51pm On Jul 12, 2018
House,who has used "i-invest" app to buy treasury bill? How is it? Fast? Functional? Withdrawal?

i-incomvestng.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by olusogo1(m): 10:44pm On Jul 12, 2018
freeman67:

You can do it daily (for secondary) if you like except when there is no offer.

Thanks for the response.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by lastclaire4(f): 12:19am On Jul 13, 2018
freeman67:

What is in your friends contract/agreement/certificate. The rate up there will be around 6.5. That's still below what's obtainable at the moment. Let him go and get his proof of investment to be sure of the kind of contract he entered because this picture you painted has the similitude of Termed/Fixed Deposit.
I asked her if she was given treasury certificate she said they was told that they don't give except for fixed deposit. She told me she filled a form and ticked primary market and 91 days.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by lastclaire4(f): 12:25am On Jul 13, 2018
freeman67:

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by ernie4life(m): 6:28am On Jul 13, 2018
House check out this commercial paper offer of 13% yeild net for 91days from Nigerian breweries, ends next week Tuesday.

Contact me if interested

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by freeman67: 7:40am On Jul 13, 2018
lastclaire4:

I asked her if she was given treasury certificate she said they was told that they don't give except for fixed deposit. She told me she filled a form and ticked primary market and 91 days.

Treasury bill certificate is actually not given same day but after a day or 2 it should be ready. They always give certificate on request. So telling her it's only Fixed deposit they give certificate is not correct. FBN, Stanbic & GT as much as I know always give proof of any TB investment on request after the investment day.. In fact some of them will print and keep even if you don't come. Stanbic in particular will call you to come get it.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by freeman67: 7:47am On Jul 13, 2018
ernie4life:
House check out this commercial paper offer of 13% yeild net for 91days from Nigerian breweries, ends next week Tuesday.

Contact me if interested

Oga ernie4life thank you very much for posting this kind of opportunity here.. I am not contacting you on this because my faith is not in tandem with their line of business. I personally appreciate the gesture. Please when other opportunities like this comes do not hesitate to let us in. Thank you

2 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by ernie4life(m): 8:24am On Jul 13, 2018
freeman67:

Oga ernie4life thank you very much for posting this kind of opportunity here.. I am not contacting you on this because my faith is not in tandem with their line of business. I personally appreciate the gesture. Please when other opportunities like this comes do not hesitate to let us in. Thank you

Thank you, I will definitely post more opportunities as they come up
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Desanta(m): 9:47am On Jul 13, 2018
ernie4life:

Contact me if interested
I'm interested.
How do I contact you?
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by ernie4life(m): 10:23am On Jul 13, 2018
Desanta:

I'm interested.
How do I contact you?

I sent you a pm now, kindly respond to it or you can drop your preferred means of contact
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Hamthablow(m): 11:37am On Jul 13, 2018
umulobi:

Your interest is N3,000,000-N2,925,205.48=N74,794.52 before the deductions.
Using:I=PRT/100
The rate will be:R=N74,794.52*400/N3,000,000=9.9726
The rate therefore is approximately 10%
But your actually interest after deductions is N74,794.52.-N100-N1047.95=N73,646.57.
At the maturity of your investment, you will have N3,000,000.00 credited into your account.
Hope this helps?
It does, but the interest on #3 million is too small for 91days.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Wiseman456: 11:56am On Jul 13, 2018
I'm interested, does it work like TBills
ernie4life:

Contact me if interested
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by dipoolowoo: 7:52am On Jul 16, 2018
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by ThaThinka: 2:04pm On Jul 16, 2018
freeman67:

Treasury bill certificate is actually not given same day but after a day or 2 it should be ready. They always give certificate on request. So telling her it's only Fixed deposit they give certificate is not correct. FBN, Stanbic & GT as much as I know always give proof of any TB investment on request after the investment day.. In fact some of them will print and keep even if you don't come. Stanbic in particular will call you to come get it.

That doesn't apply to everyone. I wasn't given anything, let alone called the two times I made investment with them. I just made do with debit alerts.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by donshady(m): 5:51pm On Jul 16, 2018
Hamthablow:

It does, but the interest on #3 million is too small for 91days.

Did you just say the Interest is small. Why not take it out of the bank to invest or leave it there at the bank on your savings. grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by eromosele1986: 7:23pm On Jul 16, 2018
I will like to ask the house if it's possible to opt out of Tbill, when the maturity date has not elapsed .

(1) (2) (3) ... (537) (538) (539) (540) (541) (542) (543) ... (2228) (Reply)

Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.