Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,768 members, 7,851,624 topics. Date: Thursday, 06 June 2024 at 01:43 AM

Treasury Bills In Nigeria - Investment (565) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Treasury Bills In Nigeria (4490672 Views)

Fixed Deposits Or Treasury Bills, Which Is Better? / Fixed Deposit And Treasury Bill Investments From Abroad / I Need Information On Treasury Bills In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (562) (563) (564) (565) (566) (567) (568) ... (2240) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by NobodyKnows(m): 8:15pm On Sep 05, 2018
freeman67:

You are supposed to get N119,036 pre-charges. Whatever is missed I guess is consumed by the charges.

N130,000 pre charges would have been your interest only if you invested for the whole 364days. But now about 61days is already gone so you won't get that.

NOTE: Devoting time to read just the first 15-20 Pages of this thread would make even someone that is just stumbling on this thread today not to ask some certain questions..
Tell them o
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Nobody: 8:17pm On Sep 05, 2018
Moses247:
Good evening fellas. I bought T. B of 1.3m yesterday at first bank for 303days at the rate of 11%, but what I don't understand is this. 117k was credited to Me as interest?? I was thinking of 130k or so? Abeg someone should make me understand Thank u

PRT=S.I. * 100
1300000*0.11*303/364=S.I
S.I. = 119,036 or 118,709 if you used 365 for number of days.
U can take away bank charges. Correct me if am wrong. Thanks

3 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Nobody: 8:28pm On Sep 05, 2018
sammily:

The interest you received is about right as shown in the screenshot of the excel TB calculator below;

Can you please send this excel to me, godanie3@gmail.com, Thanks
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by kamsy4God: 8:50pm On Sep 05, 2018
sammily:

The interest you received is about right as shown in the screenshot of the excel TB calculator below;
Please kindly send me the Excel TB calculator. My email is urchogugua@gmail.com. Thanks
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by sammily(m): 8:51pm On Sep 05, 2018
Barrytone:

See attached... Edit only the Yellow cells for the option you need.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Nobody: 8:55pm On Sep 05, 2018
sammily:

Thanks
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Nobody: 9:01pm On Sep 05, 2018
sammily:

Yet to receive
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Nnamz(m): 9:02pm On Sep 05, 2018
Please what do you mean? I was told Argentina offers 60% interest and that made me began considering investing in Argentina's tbills or bonds or whatever would give me 60% lol. Are you saying maybe I should reconsider investing in Argentina?

ahiboilandgas:
we pray so....agentina is about to default ....nigeria need good leaders oooh
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by sammily(m): 9:20pm On Sep 05, 2018
Barrytone:

Yet to receive

FYI

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by aremso(m): 7:41am On Sep 06, 2018
sammily:

BOSS, Morning sir, double tuale for you on this excel TB calculator. May God continue to enrich you with wisdom while you will always smiling to the bank in return. To all my BOSSES in the house, in my capacity as the junior boy in the class and with the permissions of all my ogas at the top here i declared that going forward we should adopt this TB calculator brought by my oga SAMMILY so as to reduce the question of pls calculate for me all the time.

CC:Finance minister
CBN Gov
DG SEC
BANK CEOs
All my ogas

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by dipoolowoo: 8:31am On Sep 06, 2018
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Gavrelino123: 9:12am On Sep 06, 2018
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by yinkaoke(f): 9:18am On Sep 06, 2018
@sammily: your attached template works perfectly well for GTB as it gives one the exact upfronts with all applicable charges. But it does not work exact for First Bank, I have tried it severally but it doesn't work, it only give your an idea though.

Please does any one the template for First Bank?
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by NL1960: 9:23am On Sep 06, 2018
Moses247:
Good evening fellas. I bought T. B of 1.3m yesterday at first bank for 303days at the rate of 11%, but what I don't understand is this. 117k was credited to Me as interest?? I was thinking of 130k or so? Abeg someone should make me understand Thank u

Iam looking for above 300 days tenor like this. Went late to Stanbic yesterday but could only see 57 and 67 days. Will try again this morning. If no show, na to wait for primary market then.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Gavrelino123: 9:46am On Sep 06, 2018
yinkaoke:
@sammily: your attached template works perfectly well for GTB as it gives one the exact upfronts with all applicable charges. But it does not work exact for First Bank, I have tried it severally but it doesn't work, it only give your an idea though.

You can get it mathematically yourself without the help of any calculator....
After using the simple interest maxim-theorem..,
Proceed further with taking notes of the percentages of all the charges incurred i.e Custodian fee,VAT,Transfer fee....etc
Then deduct it from the interest......It will give you your actual interest...
I noticed GTBANK has stopped deducting Tranfer fee on TB.....
They deducted only Custodian fee and VAT charges on my last TB Secondary markets bids.

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Nobody: 11:36am On Sep 06, 2018
sammily:

FYI

GOT IT, THANKS ONCE AGAIN
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Hamthablow(m): 1:14pm On Sep 06, 2018
sammily:

Pls I need it Hamthablow007@yahoo.com
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by TCD: 1:45pm On Sep 06, 2018
sammily:

Hello , could you please share this TB calculator for us to download?
You can attach it here on nairaland if it's less than 250kb or upload on Dropbox and share the link . Thanks

Modified**

Just seen where you uploaded it up there . Thanks its helpful
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by sammily(m): 1:55pm On Sep 06, 2018
yinkaoke:

Some banks have different service charges thus will not be accurate with the template but you should get something very similar. Better yet, if you know the charges, as stated on the TB certificate, just deduct from the calculated interest generated and you will get the exact net interest.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Phyde: 2:28pm On Sep 06, 2018
Kemade2007:

Go before 3pm o because market closes around 12pm or 1pm. It opens 10am
Including Stanbic IBTC ?
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Partnerbiz(f): 4:22pm On Sep 06, 2018
TONY56:

CORRECTION!!!
Please not that I erroneously refereed to UBA as the bank that charges 25% penalty for premature termination of Treasury Bills instead of UNION BANK.

I have consequently modified the post as you're seeing above. Thanks for your understanding.

I thought we had seen someone here who said Gtb charges same 25% penalty?
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by donshady(m): 4:32pm On Sep 06, 2018
I got 11% for 133days. FIRST Bank.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Nnamz(m): 4:56pm On Sep 06, 2018
janga:
who even investing 100k in tbills, its better to use that money to start a good profitable bussiness.
tbill are only good for those investing in million, 5-50millions wink wetin i know self, let me come and be going

Please tell us some good profitable businesses you can start with 100,000 Naira.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by NobodyKnows(m): 5:00pm On Sep 06, 2018
smiley
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by dipoolowoo: 5:01pm On Sep 06, 2018
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Partnerbiz(f): 5:03pm On Sep 06, 2018
janga:
got my tenor matured today and my yesteday bid for 182days was successfully debited. Gtbank is like fastest for me in this tbills.
Well i submitted my application via emailing my account official and no need of roaming in the Bank like a lazy youth

You invested about 7 million?

Big man lol
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by aremso(m): 5:34pm On Sep 06, 2018
NobodyKnows:

You dy mind the idiot .
Like those of us doing TBills with the 100k don’t know what they’re doing .

BOSS am sure we are all mature here, no need of insult and is not every comments here you respond to. I also think everyone is entitle to his opinion. on stock exchange thread, i had commented that i wish stocks should keep falling till it gets to my final destination and some one said thunder fire me, i dont need to insult him back. That is my opinion and he is also entitle to whatever he likes to say. So pls my oga no need of insult.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by janga(m): 7:21pm On Sep 06, 2018
Partnerbiz:

You invested about 7 million?

Big man lol

No, well we can never share our financial information in public forum like Nairaland wink
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Partnerbiz(f): 7:33pm On Sep 06, 2018
janga:

No, well we can never share our financial information in public forum like Nairaland wink

Did you share?
I wasn't asking you.
I was telling you.

I know.

4 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by janga(m): 8:00pm On Sep 06, 2018
Partnerbiz:

Did you share?
I wasn't asking you.
I was telling you.

I know.

but you were wrong, i didn’t invest 7mill with that charges grin
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Nnamz(m): 11:59pm On Sep 06, 2018
Barrytone:

Please send it to nnamdiumahi@yahoo.com as well �
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by walexy14(m): 12:37am On Sep 07, 2018
Rosabon Treasury Note

Are you looking for the best investment plan that would yield great returns? Rosabon Treasury Note

The RTN is a fixed deposit account that guarantees higher interest rate and a flexible investment plan.

Benefits

Attractive interest rates.
Interest rates on Deposits over N1, 000, 000 can be negotiated.

Flexible investment opportunities
Steps to open account

To open a RTN account, simply
Determine how much you want to deposit (Minimum of N250,000)

Choose the Tenor of Your investment Plan (90 days, 120days ,180 days or 365 days)

Send an email to clientservices@rosabon-finance.com n CC wale.abatan@rosabon-finance.net

Call us on these numbers; +2348036450638, +2349053606576 or
Walk into any of our branches in Lagos, Abuja, Warri and PH.

(1) (2) (3) ... (562) (563) (564) (565) (566) (567) (568) ... (2240) (Reply)

Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.