Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,634 members, 7,809,385 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:34 AM

Treasury Bills In Nigeria - Investment (601) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Treasury Bills In Nigeria (4428636 Views)

Fixed Deposits Or Treasury Bills, Which Is Better? / Fixed Deposit And Treasury Bill Investments From Abroad / I Need Information On Treasury Bills In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (598) (599) (600) (601) (602) (603) (604) ... (2227) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by yanmiri(f): 9:07pm On Oct 31, 2018
GonFreecss1:

Treasury bills might have a sweeter rate, but I think Money market has an advantage over Tbills.

What advantage does the money market have over TBill please?

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by tolajay: 9:57pm On Oct 31, 2018
Interesting!

If you may, could you highlight the superior advantages of Money Market over Tbills.

By the way, isn’t Tbills a sub-component (an instrument) of the Money Market?

GonFreecss1:

Currently, Stanbic Money market fund is at 11.55% per annum. The rate changes daily or weekly, depending on the distribution of the market instruments invested in, and the change in rates of those instruments. Since money market is low risk it focuses on low risk instruments like Treasury bills, Commercial papers, bankers acceptance etc.

Treasury bills might have a sweeter rate, but I think Money market has an advantage over Tbills.

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by GonFreecss1: 11:23pm On Oct 31, 2018
tolajay:
Interesting!

If you may, could you highlight the superior advantages of Money Market over Tbills.

By the way, isn’t Tbills a sub-component (an instrument) of the Money Market?

I will start with it being an open ended fund. Meaning, you can keep adding money easily. You don't have to buy certificate 1, then Tbills certificate 2 etc. You can just add money anytime you like, you can add as low as 5k. Anytime you have any money playing around, you can just add this to the account quickly. And the sweet thing is you can also withdraw your money easily without penalty so far you have allowed your initial amount stay for 1 month.

But the main icing on the cake, the sweetest deal is the compounding. Tbills even if you decide to roll over or compound matures every year or 6 months or 3 months, depending on what you are doing... but money market matures continuously. Stanbic gave theirs 1 month, what this means is your interest from the first month can start compounding to get you new interest. Let's assume the money market rate is 10%, and I put 1.2 million naira. This means I will get 120K after a year, this also means I will get 10K per month, the sweet thing is those 10K i get per month will immediately be rolled over and start compounding too. Also you have advantage more than people waiting to compile their money to 1 million by the end of the year. You can start adding as low as 5K from the beginning of the year and the compounding can keep you ahead.

I hope you all understand?

Remember the rates are lower than Tbills for now, could be higher in the future or be the same, but the flexibility is what is going for it.

12 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by tolajay: 11:49pm On Oct 31, 2018
Interesting. Thank you for sharing.

GonFreecss1:

I will start with it being an open ended fund. Meaning, you can keep adding money easily. You don't have to buy certificate 1, then Tbills certificate 2 etc. You can just add money anytime you like, you can add as low as 5k. Anytime you have any money playing around, you can just add this to the account quickly. And the sweet thing is you can also withdraw your money easily without penalty so far you have allowed your initial amount stay for 1 month.

But the main icing on the cake, the sweetest deal is the compounding. Tbills even if you decide to roll over or compound matures every year or 6 months or 3 months, depending on what you are doing... but money market matures continuously. Stanbic gave theirs 1 month, what this means is your interest from the first month can start compounding to get you new interest. Let's assume the money market rate is 10%, and I put 1.2 million naira. This means I will get 120K after a year, this also means I will get 10K per month, the sweet thing is those 10K i get per month will immediately be rolled over and start compounding too. Also you have advantage more than people waiting to compile their money to 1 million by the end of the year. You can start adding as low as 5K from the beginning of the year and the compounding can keep you ahead.

Remember the rates are lower than Tbills for now, could be higher in the future or be the same, but the flexibility is what is going for it.

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by NL1960: 8:54am On Nov 01, 2018
GonFreecss1:

Nice insights.

Money Market is a nice way to start small and gradually build up your funds for TBs.

6 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by dipoolowoo: 9:18am On Nov 01, 2018
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by tolajay: 9:26am On Nov 01, 2018
This sums it up quite succinctly.

Thanks

NL1960:

Nice insights.

Money Market is a nice way to start small and gradually build up your funds for TBs.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Nobody: 9:46am On Nov 01, 2018
Nnamz:

Please read previous pages. Like for real it would have been easier for me to just give you a direct answer to your question, but tomorrow you would still have another question, and the day after and that after. Do yourself a favour and equip yourself with the necessary knowledge by reading previous pages, for your own good. It would help you make the best decisions on how to use your hard earned money. Best.
but this post was created since 2012. You don't expect me to start reading from the scratch. So many things must have changed

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by IDERAWOLE(m): 9:49am On Nov 01, 2018
If you are still paying for sms charges from your bank after buying credit through account then you need to wise up.

Obtain a licence with just 50k to be a VTU- VIRTUAL TOP UP, from a major dealer in telecoms services in Nigeria.

When you do, within 3months, your earnings can be in the range of 100k-200k per month.

Sounds unbelievable?

Send a chat to this whatsapp no for more details- 08063423482.

Amazingly, you don't need a physical office to start running the business, but right from the comfort of your room.

All you need is just a smart phone to do simple things that you will be guided to do.

Customers? 100m Nigerians are currently your customers, and with the help of technology, using the social media all around you, cheaply with little or no cost they are will to patronize you.

Interestingly, your money from the business comes from many that are already using the products you are about to start selling, mind blowing is also the fact that as you turn your customers to co-partners with you and the telecoms operators, you will continue to make money as long as the world keep using airtime, Data, cable Tv, electricity and many more products.

Are you wondering what you'll be selling? I've just mentioned them above!

Join the league of new Nigerian millionaires in the 21st century.

I'm waiting to show you how.

Send a chat that you want to be one of these new Nigerian millionaires to whatsapp number 08063423482.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Ikmontana1: 11:11am On Nov 01, 2018
dipoolowoo:
CBN Raises One-Year T-Bills Rate to 14.40% at Primary Market
https://www.businesspost.ng/2018/11/01/cbn-raises-one-year-t-bills-rate-to-14-40-at-primary-market/
Thanks for the update as usual Boss.
Big Ups.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Grupo(m): 11:46am On Nov 01, 2018
IDERAWOLE:
If you are still paying for sms charges from your bank after buying credit through account then you need to wise up.

Obtain a licence with just 50k to be a VTU- VIRTUAL TOP UP, from a major dealer in telecoms services in Nigeria.

When you do, within 3months, your earnings can be in the range of 100k-200k per month.

Sounds unbelievable?

Send a chat to this whatsapp no for more details- 08063423482.

Amazingly, you don't need a physical office to start running the business, but right from the comfort of your room.

All you need is just a smart phone to do simple things that you will be guided to do.

Customers? 100m Nigerians are currently your customers, and with the help of technology, using the social media all around you, cheaply with little or no cost they are will to patronize you.

Interestingly, your money from the business comes from many that are already using the products you are about to start selling, mind blowing is also the fact that as you turn your customers to co-partners with you and the telecoms operators, you will continue to make money as long as the world keep using airtime, Data, cable Tv, electricity and many more products.

Are you wondering what you'll be selling? I've just mentioned them above!

Join the league of new Nigerian millionaires in the 21st century.

I'm waiting to show you how.

Send a chat that you want to be one of these new Nigerian millionaires to whatsapp number 08063423482.

What do you stand to gain for bringing us this information?

3 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by oluwadamilolah(f): 1:56pm On Nov 01, 2018
Please help. When am I suppose to be debited cos I submitted my t-bill form last week and the gtb lady said auction was yesterday .
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by lancee(m): 2:14pm On Nov 01, 2018
Anybody debited at any rate ..Gtb, stanbic

Thanks
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by 1miccza: 2:22pm On Nov 01, 2018
@op how do you calculate your profit when you say invest 100k for 90days
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Just2endowed2(m): 2:47pm On Nov 01, 2018
anyone with information about secondary rate at stanbic?
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Grupo(m): 2:52pm On Nov 01, 2018
oluwadamilolah:
Please help. When am I suppose to be debited cos I submitted my t-bill form last week and the gtb lady said auction was yesterday .

You will be debited before the end of today if the bid was successful.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by yanmiri(f): 3:05pm On Nov 01, 2018
strategist007:
follow all these banks on twitter and mention a problem... after they follow you,u can then dm them continously for rates or whatever and they must respond.. it has never failed for me with any bank or big brand
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Magnetron(m): 3:36pm On Nov 01, 2018
lancee:
Anybody debited at any rate ..Gtb, stanbic

Thanks
I've been debited. About 13.2% for 364days tenor, Gtb.
Fair?
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Nnamz(m): 4:09pm On Nov 01, 2018
LadyBeee:
but this post was created since 2012. You don't expect me to start reading from the scratch. So many things must have changed

Sorry Ma
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by oluwadamilolah(f): 4:14pm On Nov 01, 2018
Grupo:

You will be debited before the end of today if the bid was successful.
thanks, I've been debited now.

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Mfunkynation(m): 4:14pm On Nov 01, 2018
Magnetron:

Fair?
from the stop rate, 13% is in the range of 182 days tenor.... as for me.. this poor for 364 days tenor
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Magnetron(m): 4:37pm On Nov 01, 2018
oluwadamilolah:
thanks, I've been debited now.
What rate were you given? And tenor as well.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by lancee(m): 4:38pm On Nov 01, 2018
Magnetron:

Fair?

Got debited as well..be like say gtb was caught unaware they bidded low ..my calc approx 13.4% for 364%

Was expecting atleast 14 % for 364 dys
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Magnetron(m): 4:41pm On Nov 01, 2018
lancee:

Got debited as well..be like say gtb was caught unaware they bidded low ..my cal approx 13.4% for 364%

Was expecting atleast 14 % for 364 dys
Thats disappointing then. I guess stanbic and fbn offered more juicy rates.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by yinkaoke(f): 5:01pm On Nov 01, 2018
Hello house,

Please does anyone know about investing in any of the micro finance bank for Fixed deposit; I got their rate guide today and its so high and tempting, I need to know if theirs any risk associated with investing with them.

there rates are 15%, 17% and 18% for fund in the range of N1M - N9M for 90,180, 270 & 360days.

Please any one ever placed funds with them
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Nobody: 5:16pm On Nov 01, 2018
yinkaoke:
Hello house,

Please does anyone know about investing in any of the micro finance bank for Fixed deposit; I got their rate guide today and its so high and tempting, I need to know if theirs any risk associated with investing with them.

there rates are 15%, 17% and 18% for fund in the range of N1M - N9M for 90,180, 270 & 360days.

major reason why ppl are scared of MfBs is because of their scarcity i.e. they have less or no branches, and i also feel they would have stiffer penalties for early liquidation. Asides that they are safe and proctected by CBN.
Do a proper research on the MFB before you fix though.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Mfunkynation(m): 6:00pm On Nov 01, 2018
yinkaoke:
Hello house,

my advice..... just dont look in their direction

7 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by cmoney22222: 6:02pm On Nov 01, 2018
just got debited for stanbic.. They didnt disappoint with good rate.. I guess they did 13+ on 364day. Make i go chop pizza first

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Olamytea(m): 6:14pm On Nov 01, 2018
cmoney22222:
just got debited for stanbic.. They didnt disappoint with good rate.. I guess they did 14+ on 364day. Make i go chop pizza first

I also just got debited from stanbic but I got below 13% stipulated for 182 days. Is there anyone else who did TB with stanbic for 182 days? Wld like to know d rate they bided for 182 days coz I got around 12.2%
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by ozymes: 6:37pm On Nov 01, 2018
Unusually high rates are clear indications of desperation to remain liquid.
yinkaoke:
Hello house,

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Grupo(m): 7:17pm On Nov 01, 2018
cmoney22222:
just got debited for stanbic.. They didnt disappoint with good rate.. I guess they did 14+ on 364day. Make i go chop pizza first

Make i come with you?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (598) (599) (600) (601) (602) (603) (604) ... (2227) (Reply)

Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts

Viewing this topic: Nice2023(m), vacanci, RayRay06677(m) and 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.