Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,238 members, 7,818,803 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:33 AM

Treasury Bills In Nigeria - Investment (606) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Treasury Bills In Nigeria (4443738 Views)

Fixed Deposits Or Treasury Bills, Which Is Better? / Fixed Deposit And Treasury Bill Investments From Abroad / I Need Information On Treasury Bills In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (603) (604) (605) (606) (607) (608) (609) ... (2229) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Just2endowed2(m): 8:06pm On Nov 05, 2018
I beg anyone knows secondary rate?
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by obiZEAL(m): 8:17pm On Nov 05, 2018
Enyinne:
grin no private messaging.I'm here ,U can explain it here
Lol...no need for pm if you don't want to, I'm here, you can ask me anything you want to know
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by murphyrichy(m): 9:53pm On Nov 05, 2018
MizyB:
what do you think about bit coins?
hmmm,I don't know much about that...look for where you can learn forex trading, but bear in mind that its risky.

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by MizyB(f): 12:06am On Nov 06, 2018
murphyrichy:
hmmm,I don't know much about that...look for where you can learn forex trading, but bear in mind that its risky.
I know and that would even defeat my purpose for investing... i think ill be opting in for mutual funds...thanks for your help so far.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by moneywoman74: 7:54am On Nov 06, 2018
My dear just opt for mutual funds. I wouldn't encourage even my my enemy to go to forex, I lost more than $10k last year on a business i do not know anything of. It was after my lost that God opened my eyes I discovered this thread +MMf thread, with the little money left for me, i started MMF and Tb, though I might not be making much because my investment is small at the moment but i have peace of mind.

Please my dear to avoid story that touches the heart for now go to Money mutual fund.

MizyB:

I know and that would even defeat my purpose for investing... i think ill be opting in for mutual funds...thanks for your help so far.

3 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Just2endowed2(m): 8:01am On Nov 06, 2018
moneywoman74:
My dear just opt for mutual funds. I wouldn't encourage even my my enemy to go to forex, I lost more than $10k last year on a business i do not know anything of. It was after my lost that God opened my eyes I discovered this thread +MMf thread, with the little money left for me, i started MMF and Tb, though I might not be making much because my investment is small at the moment but i have peace of mind.

Please my dear to avoid story that touches the heart for now go to Money mutual fund.

How can one start mmf and which bank? I use stanbic

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Cherokee(m): 8:21am On Nov 06, 2018
Can I buy treasury bill from Stanbic without visiting the branch? I am asking because a media rep said it can only be bought by visiting a branch.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by moneywoman74: 9:15am On Nov 06, 2018
Just2endowed2:

I use FBNquest and ARM, still planing of using Stanbic. It is not hard to start, like mine i did everything online, got their email, contact number,etc, sent email and calls every documents and information i need was sent to me and i start from there. If you decide i can email or forward their contact details to you.

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by moneywoman74: 9:17am On Nov 06, 2018
Just2endowed2:

I use FBNquest and ARM, still planing of using Stanbic. It is not hard to start, like mine i did everything online, got their email, contact number,etc, sent email and calls every documents and information i need was sent to me and i start from there. If you decide i can email or forward their contact details to you.

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Just2endowed2(m): 9:21am On Nov 06, 2018
[quote author=moneywoman74 post=72723892][/quote]

Pls I won't mind you sending it to me. The last time I got my account officer number, she doesn't and never pick. Always arrogant and cutting my call. I went to stanbic ban again and know why she doesn't pick my call as there was no explanation. Till now she doesn't pick my call.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by NL1960: 9:56am On Nov 06, 2018
Just2endowed2:

check this thread for MMF.

https://www.nairaland.com/1912965/mutual-funds
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by zamirikpo(m): 10:53am On Nov 06, 2018
I stand to be corrected here: are we sure we can call TB buying an investment, I say this becos the rates we are given are at per with inflation figures.

In orders words I think by buying TB we are only preserving the true value of our money. Inflation is at 12.1% if I am not mistaking and is on the increase, while TB ranges from 10 - 14% as at the last auctions, October inflation figures are not out but am sure they will be very close to TB rates.

Let's discuss this.....pls

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by ahiboilandgas: 10:58am On Nov 06, 2018
zamirikpo:
I stand to be corrected here: are we sure we can call TB buying an investment, I say this becos the rates we are given are at per with inflation figures.

In orders words I think by buying TB we are only preserving the true value of our money. Inflation is at 12.1% if I am not mistaking and is on the increase, while TB ranges from 10 - 14% as at the last auctions, October inflation figures are not out but am sure they will be very close to TB rates.

it real rate is around 17 percent that true yield cos ur profit is given upfront.....it not like trading ennterprise that can return 40 percent annually e.g. tiles sales etc
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Nobody: 11:16am On Nov 06, 2018
Hello all, I would like to make a decision and need your help. I got a 12.2% for 1.2Mil from UBA secondary market. Should I deal or no. Thanks in advance
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by ozymes: 11:18am On Nov 06, 2018
tenor
tfx2012:
Hello all, I would like to make a decision and need your help. I got a 12.2% for 1.2Mil from UBA secondary market. Should I deal or no. Thanks in advance
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Nobody: 11:23am On Nov 06, 2018
177 days

ozymes:
tenor
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by dmniq(m): 11:25am On Nov 06, 2018
ANYONE WITH A TELEGRAM GROUP ON TREASURY BILLS/MM/BONDS/STOCKS?

I WILL LIKE TO JOIN. Thanks
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by dmniq(m): 11:27am On Nov 06, 2018
ANYONE WITH A TELEGRAM GROUP ON TREASURY BILLS/MM/BONDS/STOCKS?

I WILL LIKE TO JOIN. Tnx
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by dmniq(m): 11:28am On Nov 06, 2018
tfx2012:

177 days

Fair

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by dmniq(m): 11:30am On Nov 06, 2018
Who else got 12.5% for 182days on UBA,... did they bid dt low in the primary market or just issued wat dey like from their Secondary purse?
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Grupo(m): 11:33am On Nov 06, 2018
zamirikpo:

I have always thought about this.

Like you rightly stated, you are only preserving the true value of your money.

If someone has a viable business they could do with their money, it's way better than TB.

3 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by ahiboilandgas: 11:39am On Nov 06, 2018
Grupo:

I have always thought about this.

Like you rightly stated, you are only preserving the true value of your money.

If someone has a viable business they could do with their money, it's way better than TB.
very correct my truck couple with around 11 m 5 years ago still nets around 500 k monthly (net) .....a single trip to kano for 60 ft container is 1m naira that what a 10 investment in tb will give.......if u know u know

2 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by donshady(m): 12:11pm On Nov 06, 2018
ahiboilandgas:
very correct my truck couple with around 11 m 5 years ago still nets around 500 k monthly (net) .....a single trip to kano for 60 ft container is 1m naira that what a 10 investment in tb will give.......if u know u know

And if truck becomes accidented.. What will happen?
TB is an investment for Zero loss.

9 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by ahiboilandgas: 12:18pm On Nov 06, 2018
donshady:

mansard insurance pay up.....u be learner......100 bn annually payable by insurance company

3 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by dmniq(m): 12:21pm On Nov 06, 2018
donshady:

His trucks are covered with the blood of Jesus. � grin

9 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by dmniq(m): 12:23pm On Nov 06, 2018
ahiboilandgas:
mansard insurance pay up.....u be learner......100 bn annually payable by insurance company

If you can prove the fault isn't yours.

6 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by MizyB(f): 12:28pm On Nov 06, 2018
moneywoman74:

Thank you veryvery much.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Agbaletu: 12:38pm On Nov 06, 2018
ahiboilandgas:
Wow!
This quote shows that there is a lot of money one can make in haulage business.
Trucks are very expensive though.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by ahiboilandgas: 12:41pm On Nov 06, 2018
Agbaletu:

Wow!
This quote shows that there is a lot of money one can make in haulage business.
Trucks are very expensive though.
apapa to lekki is around 350 k now .....if u know u know .....
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Just2endowed2(m): 1:43pm On Nov 06, 2018
ahiboilandgas:

thats money...lets colabo
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Agbaletu: 1:55pm On Nov 06, 2018
ahiboilandgas:
Weekly or monthly?

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by ozymes: 4:54pm On Nov 06, 2018
Yes, viable businesses with high levels of uncertainty
ahiboilandgas:

(1) (2) (3) ... (603) (604) (605) (606) (607) (608) (609) ... (2229) (Reply)

Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.