Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,000 members, 7,817,962 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:05 AM

Treasury Bills In Nigeria - Investment (681) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Treasury Bills In Nigeria (4441530 Views)

Fixed Deposits Or Treasury Bills, Which Is Better? / Fixed Deposit And Treasury Bill Investments From Abroad / I Need Information On Treasury Bills In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (678) (679) (680) (681) (682) (683) (684) ... (2229) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Grupo(m): 10:20am On Jan 26, 2019
saipn:
lol so it is the issue of CJN that will collapse Nigeria? you are funny....

Nobody said that but if you choose to say so, na you sabi.

"what if" the militants should resume bombing as threatened. Remember, this is a "what if" question. What do you think would happen to your investments?
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by saipn: 10:30am On Jan 26, 2019
Grupo:

"what if" the militants should resume bombing as threatened. Remember, this is a "what if" question. What do you think would happen to your investments?
my brother relax and put your mind at rest nothing will happen to your investment and everything is under control...
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Grupo(m): 10:31am On Jan 26, 2019
saipn:
my brother relax and put your mind at rest nothing will happen to your investment and everything is under control...

Okay. Thank you.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Akin3891: 1:13pm On Jan 26, 2019
Grupo:

You have a point and i hope FG slow down in making last minute decisions that could drive the country into anarchy . I'v been holding back on my 364 days investments pending the time the election fever fades away , but i do ask my self What If nigeria falls (God forbid), won't all Nigerians finances within Nigeria banks falls with it?, and not only my TB investments anyway.So, As much as i understand that all these could one way or another affect our investments, in terms of naira devaluation or affect our buying power and so on, i chose not to worry 'much' about things i have no control over. Yes we can discuss politics partially on this thread if somehow concerns our financial growth. All i pray for now is for a peaceful election and a stable Nigeria,because in it i merry. God bless Nigeria

4 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Adegokenath(m): 1:41pm On Jan 26, 2019
AFTER ELECTION
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by ahiboilandgas: 2:12pm On Jan 26, 2019
Akin3891:

You have a point and i hope FG slow down in making last minute decisions that could drive the country into anarchy . I'v been holding back on my 364 days investments pending the time the election fever fades away , but i do ask my self What If nigeria falls (God forbid), won't all Nigerians finances within Nigeria banks falls with it?, and not only my TB investments anyway.So, As much as i understand that all these could one way or another affect our investments, in terms of naira devaluation or affect our buying power and so on, i chose not to worry 'much' about things i have no control over. Yes we can discuss politics partially on this thread if somehow concerns our financial growth. All i pray for now is for a peaceful election and a stable Nigeria,because in it i merry. God bless Nigeria
better for us risk takers if many of u pull out rate will go up for us
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by zamirikpo(m): 2:35pm On Jan 26, 2019
Grupo:
Why are most people misunderstanding @zamirikpo's post? He did not ask anybody to start discussing politics but to talk about how the politics in the coming days could affect our investments. I don't think that's wrong in anyway, but as usual, the many emotional people we have here will always allow their emotions go before them.

For instance, I'm thinking of going to the bank on Monday or Tuesday to fill a form for 364 days bid. But honestly, my mind is telling me to still wait a bit.

Anyway, if I pray to my ancestors from today till tomorrow and they give me a go ahead, I'll fill the form and face the consequences, whether good or bad.
[quo
Grupo:
Why are most people misunderstanding @zamirikpo's post? He did not ask anybody to start discussing politics but to talk about how the politics in the coming days could affect our investments. I don't think that's wrong in anyway, but as usual, the many emotional people we have here will always allow their emotions go before them.

For instance, I'm thinking of going to the bank on Monday or Tuesday to fill a form for 364 days bid. But honestly, my mind is telling me to still wait a bit.

Anyway, if I pray to my ancestors from today till tomorrow and they give me a go ahead, I'll fill the form and face the consequences, whether good or bad.
te author=Gavrelino123 post=75122556]
In fairness..?....lol
Well,i understand your plight in positive terms.
Any politics that has an effect on our Economy shouldn't be overlooked!!!!!
Look @ Zamirikpo posts and count how many times he has posted about unnecessary politics on this thread....."That is true fairness"
It's not all about making money.....You should also know about the value of money your are investing and the best timing to invest.
If these southern guys start their regular bombing of oil installations vigorously,"God forbid" naira depreciates to 400 per dollars.....and one just recently suscribed a TB of 364 days tenure,isn't it a loss..?
We should be very vigilant this period of election so that we won't be taken by suprise or invest wrongly.
One should also know when to give certain exemptions to political posts that is critical to our economy on this thread..
Happy weekend's.[/quote]

Thank you guyz....atleast some people understand my point. U don't just invest and go to sleep, u constantly follow the news as it concerns ur investment. Shebi our investment is covered by the full weight of the federal republic of Nigeria. And now the republic is having issues. I am not a politian , all am concerned about is my money. It will interest u to know that I don't have a dime in any savings account, all my life savings dey for nigeria hand.

Someone said the CJN issue cant affect us....i was glad to read that but he should expansiate. Am not here to create panic ooh or politicize the thread but to monetise the issue.

4 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by mrNEMZY(m): 9:08pm On Jan 26, 2019
pls can someone help me.

I have 300k that I wouldn't use till next 4 months and am considering treasury bills. The thing is I don't really understand the math.

can someone pls explain to me, how much you would earn with that amount for a 91 days period.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Grupo(m): 9:13pm On Jan 26, 2019
mrNEMZY:
pls can someone help me.

I have 300k that I wouldn't use till next 4 months and am considering treasury bills. The thing is I don't really understand the math.

can someone pls explain to me, how much you would earn with that amount for a 91 days period.

You will earn approximately ₦7,500
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by janga(m): 9:26pm On Jan 26, 2019
mrNEMZY:
pls can someone help me.

friend i will advise you to use the 300k to invest in other usefull biz if you hav lessthan 4month only because tb are mostly for those investing in millions. my 364days tb interest can get me a 2015 Benz GLk 350 model without touching my capital

2 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by mrNEMZY(m): 9:41pm On Jan 26, 2019
Grupo:

You will earn approximately ₦7,500

Thanks, but that's too low.

What if it was a period of 1 yr. Also if you know any other good investment that I should look into, for a period of 1 yr with that amount.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Grupo(m): 9:47pm On Jan 26, 2019
mrNEMZY:

Thanks, but that's too low.

What if it was a period of 1 yr. Also if you know any other good investment that I should look into, for a period of 1 yr with that amount.

For one year, that amount will give you approximately ₦42,000.

If I knew a good investment, I would not be on this thread.

3 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Etfash(m): 9:57pm On Jan 26, 2019
Grupo:

For one year, that amount will give you approximately ₦42,000.

I like this one.

Meanwhile, mrNEMZY, you need to be careful. Some people may private chat you on account of the tone of your post to scam you.

@Janga, I will like to be like you when I grow.

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by mymadam(m): 11:33pm On Jan 26, 2019
Grupo:

Hmmm

smiley Food for thought
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by aremso(m): 11:45pm On Jan 26, 2019
ahiboilandgas:
better for us risk takers if many of u pull out rate will go up for us

Very correct sir, it should left for risk takers. After all, heaven will not fall soldiers come soldiers go Barack remain the same.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by RealityShot: 3:57am On Jan 27, 2019
speak2lift:
Its not realistic comparing a product offering from a bank licensed by CBN to a junk product(MMM) which everyone knew from day one was fraudulent.

Because Sterling isnt in the same league as the likes of GT, Stanbic and the likes doesn't mean they should be relegated to MMM level. Comeon!!!
ok.

show us proof that its a sterling bank product.

2 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Acidosis(m): 5:55am On Jan 27, 2019
MCeemajesty:
There are investment companies that give as high as that on TD, if not more. You can enquire further, best rates are given by Non-banking financial institutions

True
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Donbrig: 8:54am On Jan 27, 2019
Greetings to all financial gurus in the house. I have over 10m in five different tenures in treasury bills, allowing bank to bid on my behalf in primary market. I don't know if it would be better for me to sum or add all my money together, raising over 50m, and bid directly in the primary market. Please, which is a better idea?

Thanks to all for educating us so far.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by speak2lift: 10:01am On Jan 27, 2019
Sighs.

1) https://sterlingbankng.com/personal/investment/

2) https://techpoint.africa/2018/05/31/introducing-i-invest-west-africas-first-treasury-bills-app/

3) https://nairametrics.com/2018/09/28/what-you-should-know-about-i-invest-the-first-treasury-bills-app-in-west-africa/

4) https://www.dailytrust.com.ng/sterling-bank-launches-new-mobile-app-i-invest.html

5) https://www.bellanaija.com/2018/06/100kisenough-download-i-invest-app/

Hi bro, I hope this is proof enough. These are excerpts from credible sources and the banks website itself. Also on the Techpoint page, it is explicitly stated that this solution is being regulated by Security and Exchange Commission of Nigeria.

If all these aren't convincing enough, then I guess I will just have to rest my case. I am not a marketer for sterling bank. I am simply trying to lay the facts right and to dispel the comparison between this solution (which explicitly states that the sole purpose is for customers interested in Treasury Bills) and MMM(which from the onset had zero business model).

Please do not let us deviate the thread. I think enough has been said already.

Cheers

RealityShot:

ok.

show us proof that its a sterling bank product.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Nobody: 10:17am On Jan 27, 2019
speak2lift:
Sighs.

2) https://techpoint.africa/2018/05/31/introducing-i-invest-west-africas-first-treasury-bills-app/

3) https://nairametrics.com/2018/09/28/what-you-should-know-about-i-invest-the-first-treasury-bills-app-in-west-africa/

4) https://www.dailytrust.com.ng/sterling-bank-launches-new-mobile-app-i-invest.html

Hi bro, I hope this is proof enough. These are excerpts from credible sources and the banks website itself. Also on the Techpoint page, it is explicitly stated that this solution is being regulated by Security and Exchange Commission of Nigeria.

If all these aren't convincing enough, then I guess I will just have to rest my case. I am not a marketer for sterling bank. I am simply trying to lay the facts right and to dispel the comparison between this solution (which explicitly states that the sole purpose is for customers interested in Treasury Bills) and MMM(which from the onset had zero business model).

Cheers

Just take a walk to any Sterling Bank customer help desk and find out what they know about I-invest. Here in Uyo, there said its an entity different from their bank and that my issue can only be sorted out between we both. It's an issue between 2 customers and so can't help or pry into another customer account. I was ask to go sort my issues with them and I know I-invest have office in Lagos which I still don't know the address. My money was in their account for over 3 weeks and they fail to credit my account with it. I wish you guys the best.

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Gavrelino123: 10:25am On Jan 27, 2019
speak2lift:
Sighs.

Cheers

hmmm....i-invested marketers....
I'm an Auditor,and i work with KPMG,i have asked my boss severally about this i-investment stuff...She told me to stay clear from it,that you should have someone to hold if your investment fails and not just an unclear application investment process.....Hence,if there's an error,how who would you hold responsible,,;Sterling bank.?
I will personally advice all investors to follow the normal manual-procedure in investing in TB that is recordnized by CBN and insured by NDIC..
Go to the bank yourself and submit your written instructions yourself,if you want to invest in TB.
Avoid all these FastTrack methods!!!
Investing in TB should give one peace of mind...not being under tension for 364 days......omo na die be that ooo.

8 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by ahiboilandgas: 10:52am On Jan 27, 2019
Donbrig:
Greetings to all financial gurus in the house. I have over 10m in five different tenures in treasury bills, allowing bank to bid on my behalf in primary market. I don't know if it would be better for me to sum or add all my money together, raising over 50m, and bid directly in the primary market. Please, which is a better idea?

yes u can bid at close to stop rate
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by janga(m): 12:30pm On Jan 27, 2019
ahiboilandgas:
yes u can bid at close to stop rate

bidding urself at close to stop rate might possible fail and u hav to wait till next primary auction, its better to let them bid for u using their bank rate

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by ahiboilandgas: 12:34pm On Jan 27, 2019
janga:

bidding urself at close to stop rate might possible fail and u hav to wait till next primary auction, its better to let them bid for u using their bank rate
with 50 m...u will be losing 250k for allowing that
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by bizz22: 12:58pm On Jan 27, 2019
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Agbaletu: 1:57pm On Jan 27, 2019
Donbrig:

I will advise you to put your 50m in a bank account and bid directly in the primary market instead of going for the bank rate. Even some of us with almost half of that amount in Tbills wish we can also bid by ourselves.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Agbaletu: 1:58pm On Jan 27, 2019
janga:

Bidding close to the stop rate can not fail, except he bids above.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by gentlemate00: 3:26pm On Jan 27, 2019
The election fever in Nigeria is not a child play however when its come to investment we have to look beyond some certain things in the polity and policy. I did Tbill last 2 weeks with 14.5% after my account was debited my upfront was around 4.3m, though i was worried but making money aint easy too. My point is naija no dey break go anywhere the Godfathers or elite are making lot of money from the entity called Nigeria. Election will come and go naija will remain.

Akin3891:

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by sherif4owo(m): 3:33pm On Jan 27, 2019
zamirikpo:
[quote author=Gavrelino123 post=75122556]
In fairness..?....lol
Well,i understand your plight in positive terms.
Any politics that has an effect on our Economy shouldn't be overlooked!!!!!
Look @ Zamirikpo posts and count how many times he has posted about unnecessary politics on this thread....."That is true fairness"
It's not all about making money.....You should also know about the value of money your are investing and the best timing to invest.
If these southern guys start their regular bombing of oil installations vigorously,"God forbid" naira depreciates to 400 per dollars.....and one just recently suscribed a TB of 364 days tenure,isn't it a loss..?
We should be very vigilant this period of election so that we won't be taken by suprise or invest wrongly.
One should also know when to give certain exemptions to political posts that is critical to our economy on this thread..
Happy weekend's.

Thank you guyz....atleast some people understand my point. U don't just invest and go to sleep, u constantly follow the news as it concerns ur investment. Shebi our investment is covered by the full weight of the federal republic of Nigeria. And now the republic is having issues. I am not a politian , all am concerned about is my money. It will interest u to know that I don't have a dime in any savings account, all my life savings dey for nigeria hand.

Someone said the CJN issue cant affect us....i was glad to read that but he should expansiate. Am not here to create panic ooh or politicize the thread but to monetise the issue.

You guys should just relax and let people invest in peace.

Nigeria is not going anywhere, not now not in many years to come. This CJN or bombing or Boko Haram or election issues are all political issues and this is not the first time we are experiencing any of them.

What do you think will happen to your investments/deposits in your savings/current account in Nigerai Banks if Nigerai should collapse ??

True, there is tension in the air. It will not cause Nigeria to end. My 1kobo
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by gentlemate00: 3:41pm On Jan 27, 2019
Exactly! I will submit another one on monday my account officer told me the 364 Day is 15% Stanbic.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by speak2lift: 5:08pm On Jan 27, 2019
Gavrelino123:

hmmm....i-invested marketers....
I'm an Auditor,and i work with KPMG,i have asked my boss severally about this i-investment stuff...She told me to stay clear from it,that you should have someone to hold if your investment fails and not just an unclear application investment process.....Hence,if there's an error,how who would you hold responsible,,;Sterling bank.?
I will personally advice all investors to follow the normal manual-procedure in investing in TB that is recordnized by CBN and insured by NDIC..
Go to the bank yourself and submit your written instructions yourself,if you want to invest in TB.
Avoid all these FastTrack methods!!!
Investing in TB should give one peace of mind...not being under tension for 364 days......omo na die be that ooo.

Lol @ i-invest marketer. if only you know!

I actually made up mind that i wasn't going to respond to any post on this in-invest app cos its already seeming like I work for Sterling which i definitely do not, am just a sucker for the innovation and convenience which technology brings to the table but I just cant let yours slide.

Its very funny that you had to invoke your job role and where you work to pass your point across. Very funny! Bro, the fact that you are an auditor at one of the big 4 consulting firm doesn't make you an expert on matters such as this.

You actually made some valid points - technology innovations usually take time to get adopted by majority of users particularly because there are usually teething issues at the beginning before the system is fully perfected but this teething issues doesnt mean such products are fraudulent, just like when Internet banking came on board, a lot of people were very skeptical about it, they kept saying what if people logged on to their profile and wiped all their money away. And they were actually valid points to be honest but does not make internet banking a bad thing? Of course not.

CBN, NDIC, SEC regulate a lot of all this finance houses now and monitor them very closely hence the scenarios that played out years ago have very very little probability of re-occuring.

Please I really don't want to go on and on about this i-invest thingy. Its Enough. Lets keep talking Tbills abeg.

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by speak2lift: 5:14pm On Jan 27, 2019
Barrytone:

Just take a walk to any Sterling Bank customer help desk and find out what they know about I-invest. Here in Uyo, there said its an entity different from their bank and that my issue can only be sorted out between we both. It's an issue between 2 customers and so can't help or pry into another customer account. I was ask to go sort my issues with them and I know I-invest have office in Lagos which I still don't know the address. My money was in their account for over 3 weeks and they fail to credit my account with it. I wish you guys the best.

Hi Bro,

This is really bad and am suspecting that this is as a result of knowledge gap.

I will advise you send a mail directly to their customer care line. The person that attended to you could even be a newbie who is still learning on the job.

And if after sending a mail and you still don't get favourable response, dont even worry. I am aware that cbn has a web portal where all you need to do is make a complaint and they will swoop right into action. Banks dont like it when CBN intervenes cause its not always funny for them. Its a very easy process to get CBN involved. I will ask my friend for the url of the cbn portal and paste it here as soon as I get it.

Cheers Man

(1) (2) (3) ... (678) (679) (680) (681) (682) (683) (684) ... (2229) (Reply)

Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 85
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.