Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,754 members, 7,827,792 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 05:04 PM

Treasury Bills In Nigeria - Investment (687) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Treasury Bills In Nigeria (4456316 Views)

Fixed Deposits Or Treasury Bills, Which Is Better? / Fixed Deposit And Treasury Bill Investments From Abroad / I Need Information On Treasury Bills In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (684) (685) (686) (687) (688) (689) (690) ... (2232) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Nnamz(m): 2:22am On Feb 01, 2019
Okay let's talk about GTB. Last two auctions, they debited and credited me back two times before finally getting it right the third time. This last auction, I requested tb of 781,000. They did tb of 700,000. What is wrong with GTB??

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by GonFreecss1: 6:32am On Feb 01, 2019
There was someone who bought Sukuk or FGN bonds or so for 7 years on this thread at above 15% yield. Can't remember the details. Forgotten his name. Can you please tell me the institution you used? Was it a bank or Investment bank? Thanks in advance.

3 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Pascopele: 8:00am On Feb 01, 2019
cheesy grin cheesy wink
Barrytone:

Gradually you will get there. If you have a salary job then it's easier as you save every month end. Few years will be stressful but over time your interest from TBills will equals and outrun your salary. For me, am bothered about my retirement era. I have a 20yrs plan and it's working perfectly well. It's always joyous when you make money outside your office. When that time gets ripe then you can buy any property of your choice if property is the only genuine investment for a Nigerian. I stopped building and am selling off properties. If I die today, I have mandated my wife to continue with the investment and use only the interest to run the house perfectly.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Pascopele: 8:02am On Feb 01, 2019
obashiakpu:
Please what is the difference between primary and secondary market in Treasury bill. For a small amount like 200k, which is better?
Secondary have 10 days tenor with small interest, e.g 3m for 10 days interest is 9400+
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by hustla(m): 8:14am On Feb 01, 2019
cooldudeng:
With a good bank and also an equally good account officer, you literally don’t even need to step into the bank

I just scan through my instructions after email correspondences

Lol You need to stop doing this via email.. Like Immediately...

Imagine someone getting access to your email and instructing your account office to send money
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Zeiya(f): 8:22am On Feb 01, 2019
Please anybody that goes to Firstbank this morning should share their rates for secondary market.

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by ahiboilandgas: 8:27am On Feb 01, 2019
Gavrelino123:

Happy weekend's,
Up till now,no debit notice for GTBANK 364 days tenure....what is truely happening.?
how far any respond from gt .....
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by dharayl: 8:39am On Feb 01, 2019
Please how did you calculate that? I'm not understanding.
Ojix85:

No interest on Treasury Bills. They are discounted.

So you get N27,500 before deduction of fees.

And your 1M back on maturity.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Gavrelino123: 8:52am On Feb 01, 2019
ahiboilandgas:
Nothing yet my brother......I'm loosing patience...
I will have to visit my bank branch today personally before 10:00am.....
Once I'm done,i will update you..!!!
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Nnamz(m): 9:06am On Feb 01, 2019
hustla:

Imagine someone getting access to your email and instructing your account office to send money

It is not safer walking into banks either. I have put this to test. I was at the bank with my girlfriend to withdraw money. I gave her the withdrawal slip to see if they would flag her as a fraud. Can you believe that babe handed them the slip and they handed her six hundred thousand Naira. If you ask me, you're more likely to forge my signature and walk out of a bank with my money, than to get into my email or online banking. In fact, long story short, email/internet banking is safer. #DontArgueWithMe wink

3 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Agbaletu: 9:25am On Feb 01, 2019
Zenith Bank gave 14.25% for 364 days tenor.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Agbaletu: 9:26am On Feb 01, 2019
Gavrelino123:

Nothing yet my brother......I'm loosing patience...
I will have to visit my bank branch today personally before 10:00am.....
Once I'm done,i will update you..!!!
Zenith Bank just debited my account which is very unusual.
I am sure GTB will debit you very soon. I want to try GTB in the next primary market.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by dipoolowoo: 9:35am On Feb 01, 2019
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by megafaraday(m): 9:51am On Feb 01, 2019
hustla:

And which account officer will be so dumb to honour a withdrawal request via mail?
T

4 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Akin3891: 9:55am On Feb 01, 2019
Nnamz:

It is not safer walking into banks either. I have put this to test. I was at the bank with my girlfriend to withdraw money. I gave her the cheque to see if they would flag her as a fraud. Can you believe that babe handed them the cheque and they handed her six hundred thousand Naira. If you ask me, you're more likely to forge my signature and walk out of a bank with my money, than to get into my email. In fact, long story short, email is safer. #DontArgueWithMe wink

God, some people are just so "funny" and always believe they are so right and can't be wrong. That is a good advice u just got, if u like share ur ATM pins with everyone, OYO.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by ahiboilandgas: 9:57am On Feb 01, 2019
Agbaletu:

Zenith Bank just debited my account which is very unusual.
I am sure GTB will debit you very soon. I want to try GTB in the next primary market.
really we are getting crappy service u want to join we are thinking of moving to stanbic ,first bank not bad they sell from their reserve and u don't miss any bid day just 0 .5
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by ahiboilandgas: 9:59am On Feb 01, 2019
Nnamz:

It is not safer walking into banks either. I have put this to test. I was at the bank with my girlfriend to withdraw money. I gave her the cheque to see if they would flag her as a fraud. Can you believe that babe handed them the cheque and they handed her six hundred thousand Naira. If you ask me, you're more likely to forge my signature and walk out of a bank with my money, than to get into my email or online banking. In fact, long story short, email/internet banking is safer. #DontArgueWithMe wink
I doubt you story ...no I.d was requested?no bvn check ? It must be a microfinance bank 600 k ?

4 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Nnamz(m): 10:03am On Feb 01, 2019
ahiboilandgas:
I doubt you story ...no I.d was requested?no bvn check ? It must be a microfinance bank 600 k ?

It was Zenith bank. They don't ask for ID cause they assume you are the owner of the account. I thought at least they would have your information pop up on their screen before handing cash to people, but nah they just handed over 600k to my girlfriend without even noticing she was female and the owner of the account is male
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by ahiboilandgas: 10:06am On Feb 01, 2019
Nnamz:

It was Zenith bank. They don't ask for ID cause they assume you are the owner of the account. I thought at least they would have your information pop up on their screen before handing cash to people, but nah they just handed over 600k to my girlfriend without even noticing she was female and the owner of the account is male
really .....but each account get picture and payment of 500 k is normally approves by a senior officer infact I have to upgrade the picture on my account cos it was open 20 years ago ....abi na zenith for ghana ?Not Nigeria

2 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Agbaletu: 10:07am On Feb 01, 2019
Nnamz:

Zenith bank do cheque the picture of the owner before debit. I run three different types of account with them.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Agbaletu: 10:08am On Feb 01, 2019
ahiboilandgas:
really .....but each account get picture and payment of 500 k is normally approves by a senior officer infact I have to upgrade the picture on my account cos it was open 20 years ago ....abi na zenith for ghana ?Not Nigeria
Same thing with me. They cheque picture o.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Agbaletu: 10:09am On Feb 01, 2019
ahiboilandgas:
really we are getting crappy service u want to join we are thinking of moving to stanbic ,first bank not bad they sell from their reserve and u don't miss any bid day just 0 .5
Nawa o. I should give it up then.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by ahiboilandgas: 10:24am On Feb 01, 2019
Agbaletu:

Nawa o. I should give it up then.
we are yet to be debit ....called the account officer saying it was done but I have not reievce any debit ....may be na witch tb them buy for me
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Nnamz(m): 10:36am On Feb 01, 2019
Agbaletu:

Maybe they do. Maybe they don't. All I'm saying is that my girlfriend took my withdrawal slip to the counter and was handed over some cash
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Nnamz(m): 10:37am On Feb 01, 2019
Agbaletu:

Zenith for Port Harcourt o lol
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Gavrelino123: 10:44am On Feb 01, 2019
ahiboilandgas:
It seems our TB wasn't treated...
My Account officer said that my instructions came late......Something i submitted by 10:00AM Tuesday morning....
The day i submitted my instructions,she wasn't in the office......So i went through Customer-care which they sent to both my account officers....!
This really got me SAD.....She said she will put me in Secondary markets which is closest to 364 days that for now,she has none.....I told her that i will be patient for the next primary markets auctions....by then the 15% for 364 days will be stable.
The smartest way to beat them is to submit one's instructions next FRIDAY before bid week or Latest MONDAY on bid week......
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Agbaletu: 10:50am On Feb 01, 2019
ahiboilandgas:
we are yet to be debit ....called the account officer saying it was done but I have not reievce any debit ....may be na witch tb them buy for me
Hahahahaha...
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Agbaletu: 10:52am On Feb 01, 2019
Gavrelino123:

The smartest way to beat them is to submit one's instructions next FRIDAY before bid week or Latest MONDAY on bid week......
That is the best thing to do.

2 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by ahiboilandgas: 11:04am On Feb 01, 2019
Gavrelino123:

My Account officer said that my instructions came late......Something i submitted by 10:00AM Tuesday morning....
The day i submitted my instructions,she wasn't in the office......So i went through Customer-care which they sent to both my account officers....!
This really got me SAD.....She said she will put me in Secondary markets which is closest to 364 days that for now,she has none.....I told her that i will be patient for the next primary markets auctions....by then the 15% for 364 days will be stable.
my instructions was 7 days before the day
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Grupo(m): 11:11am On Feb 01, 2019
Gavrelino123:

But I submitted my instructions to the customer care guy at stanbic around 3:10pm on Tuesday. And the thing went through. Although when I was submitting, the guy told me that the chances of it being successful were slim. But I was debited yesterday.

It seems those gtb guys have issues
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by dharpzee: 11:20am On Feb 01, 2019
Gavrelino123:

Why dont you just try Meristem and save yourself this stress.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Nobody: 11:26am On Feb 01, 2019
Zeiya:
Please anybody that goes to Firstbank this morning should share their rates for secondary market.
secondary market is 13 percent

(1) (2) (3) ... (684) (685) (686) (687) (688) (689) (690) ... (2232) (Reply)

Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts

Viewing this topic: stephen13(m), Chikebrain, tayodele1(m) and 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.