Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,471 members, 7,830,370 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 08:30 PM

Treasury Bills In Nigeria - Investment (747) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Treasury Bills In Nigeria (4459582 Views)

Fixed Deposits Or Treasury Bills, Which Is Better? / Fixed Deposit And Treasury Bill Investments From Abroad / I Need Information On Treasury Bills In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (744) (745) (746) (747) (748) (749) (750) ... (2233) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by ahiboilandgas: 7:26pm On Apr 01, 2019
needful:

Bro, i totally disagree with you on this one. If your analysis were right, BIAFRA would have been in existence since 1970. which income does northerners and westerners generate in Nigerate. aside lagos, where else does westerners generate money. even the lagos self are being controlled with the same igbo money. abeg make we leave this arguement. i no be igbo shaaaa, but truth must be told
which one be ibo money?biafra is landlock 5 ibo states or u wan force South South join make ibo dey rule them

4 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by GonFreecss1: 7:33pm On Apr 01, 2019
needful:

Bro, i totally disagree with you on this one. If your analysis were right, BIAFRA would have been in existence since 1970. which income does northerners and westerners generate in Nigerate. aside lagos, where else does westerners generate money. even the lagos self are being controlled with the same igbo money. abeg make we leave this arguement. i no be igbo shaaaa, but truth must be told

And yet another person trying to impose more tribalistic sentiments in guise of quelling the argument.

Oga! Anyone who does business, whether they work for someone or it's their business generates money in one way or the other. This mentality is what is putting Nigeria in trouble, thinking that one tribe is more valuable than the other. I have done business with many people of all tribes, everyone of this people know what they want. Certain people might favor certain types of businesses, but the argument that one tribe is this or that is shortsighted. As a businessman myself, I know.

3 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Just2endowed2(m): 7:41pm On Apr 01, 2019
Guys have successfully derail this this beautifully thread. From now on., no more talk on Gtb and innosun again.

4 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by ositadima1(m): 8:05pm On Apr 01, 2019
ahiboilandgas:
which one be ibo money?biafra is landlock 5 ibo states or u wan force South South join make ibo dey rule them

lol, as far as I know Ibos and most of SS share a lot in common unlike northern Nigeria. NW and NE are not the same with North central, they almost don't have nothing in common.

4 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Tabuse20: 8:10pm On Apr 01, 2019
I will say this regardless of how you perceive it. This is in the interest of this thread which i and a lot of people are gaining from each other, including you guys. I am not a moderator, but can i beg you guys: ahiboilandgas and GonFreecss 1. Please let it go.....let us focus on tb abeg nah. I think everyone else seems to have moved on from the gtb story. Ahiboilandgas has pushed the whole thing tooo far with direct attacks on one tribe. Interestingly enough, the pepole calling for calm since yesterday are not even igbo. Abeg e don do, if more igbos join this argument now, we will officially throw our beloved tb thread to the dogs. Let us all show some decorum. Let us hide our inner prejudices and please please move on and focus on our investments.

13 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by ositadima1(m): 8:20pm On Apr 01, 2019
Tabuse20:
I will say this regardless of how you perceive it. This is in the interest of this thread which i and a lot of people are gaining from each other, including you guys. I am not a moderator, but can i beg you guys: ahiboilandgas and GonFreecss 1. Please let it go.....let us focus on tb abeg nah. I think everyone else seems to have moved on from the gtb story. Ahiboilandgas has pushed the whole thing tooo far with direct attacks on one tribe. Interestingly enough, the pepole calling for calm since yesterday are not even igbo. Abeg e don do, if more igbos join this argument now, we will officially throw our beloved tb thread to the dogs. Let us all show some decorum. Let us hide our inner prejudices and please please move on and focus on our investments.

Don't mind ahiboilandgas, if I call my brothers and sister and a few afonjas this thread will go down real quick, lol.

5 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by ahiboilandgas: 8:36pm On Apr 01, 2019
Tabuse20:
funny enough 80 percent of my bussiness partners are ibos

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by awesomeJ(m): 9:47pm On Apr 01, 2019
Reserves now at $44.34bn (as at Mar 28), Brent has gained more than 2% today. it's currently trading above $69 and may cross the $70 mark before the week is out.

So, there's some pretty huge comfort for the MPC currently.
My Outlook for this quarter is for T-bills discount to be between 11.5 and 13.2% for the 364 day papers.

The only major factor that may alter the market now is if there's a change in the CBN's leadership by June.

364 days at 12.8% is 14.66% yield
182 days at 12% is 12.77% yield
and 91days at 10.5% is 10.75%

MMFs at 12.5-13% are available alternatives for the short term. Those funds locked in some instruments already at 15%, so they should be able to support their current yield levels for at least one more quarter.

Happy New month to us all, welcome to Q2.

7 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by OgogoroFreak(m): 10:03pm On Apr 01, 2019
Lordsnipper:
Hi everyone,truth be told I don't like begging or soliciting for funds but I am currently at my wits end. I am a final year student of mechanical engineering in Michael okpara university of agriculture,abia state. I currently have money problems as I need 16000naira to start my project work. I am not a lazy person as I work but I just used my salary for this month to settle my school fees and accommodation issues and my project supervisor is currently on my neck to start something. I really need help from people here urgently,i am the one taking care of my feeding and other miscellaneous expenses but truth be told it is weighing me down. Please I just need the assistance and I would be grateful. 0038098555 diamond bank. Thanks
100k Sent!
Enjoy bro.

12 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by gmacnoms(m): 10:51pm On Apr 01, 2019
Donbrig:

Na waooo, greeting good morning around 4pm shows how illegitimate this Shalom Mfb might be. Abeg make una pity Nigerians nowww, people are suffering enough already, trying to swindle their peanuts is worse than murder.
pardon?
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by GonFreecss1: 10:54pm On Apr 01, 2019
awesomeJ:
Reserves now at $44.34bn (as at Mar 28), Brent has gained more than 2% today. it's currently trading above $69 and may cross the $70 mark before the week is out.

My Outlook for this quarter is for T-bills discount to be between 11.5 and 13.2% for the 364 day papers.

The only major factor that may alter the market now is if there's a change in the CBN's leadership by June.

MMFs at 12.5-13% are available alternatives for the short term. Those funds locked in some instruments already at 15%, so they should be able to support their current yield levels for at least one more quarter.

I am looking forward to a lot of things in Q2. It will definitely be interesting.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by alezzy13: 11:45pm On Apr 01, 2019
awesomeJ:

Thanks for this. Expecting more of such analysis.

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by zamirikpo(m): 12:53am On Apr 02, 2019
awesomeJ:

Simply awesome.

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Nnamz(m): 1:41am On Apr 02, 2019
OgogoroFreak:
100k Sent!
Enjoy bro.
But how did you send the 100K when he did not provide his account name?

2 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Lordsnipper: 4:08am On Apr 02, 2019
OgogoroFreak:
100k Sent!
Enjoy bro.
Lol you have a good sense of humour,you sent no money though

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Nobody: 5:24am On Apr 02, 2019
You dont need account name in online banking!
Nnamz:

But how did you send the 100K when he did not provide his account name?
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by MrHighSea: 5:43am On Apr 02, 2019
Lordsnipper:

Lol you have a good sense of humour,you sent no money though

Ogogorofreak sends Lordsnipper money.

Very nice comedy skit

2 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Grupo(m): 7:23am On Apr 02, 2019
Hahahaha. Ogogorofreak must have taken a lot of ogogoro last night.

I thought the thread was about being turned into a charity. I was almost dropping my 'akant' number to receive my own 100k.

Chai.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by GonFreecss1: 7:29am On Apr 02, 2019
Grupo:
Hahahaha. Ogogorofreak must have taken a lot of ogogoro last night.

I thought the thread was about being turned into a charity. I was almost dropping my 'akant' number to receive my own 100k.

Chai.

Hahahahahahahahhaha

Una funny for this thread sha.

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by NL1960: 8:40am On Apr 02, 2019
awesomeJ:

This is nice. My TBs mature in September. So iam watching the scenarios for now.

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by ositadima1(m): 9:29am On Apr 02, 2019
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Lordsnipper: 1:52pm On Apr 02, 2019
MrHighSea:

Ogogorofreak sends Lordsnipper money.

Very nice comedy skit
Bro Please help me,i beg of you
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Nnamz(m): 2:52pm On Apr 02, 2019
Lordsnipper:

Bro Please help me,i beg of you
This is tbill thread, not panhandlers thread.

2 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by exclusiveoloori: 4:48pm On Apr 02, 2019
Pls house, what is the lowest number of days that I can get from t-bills secondary market

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Lordsnipper: 5:00pm On Apr 02, 2019
Nnamz:

This is tbill thread, not panhandlers thread.
It doesn't mean you can't help
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by walcolm(m): 7:20pm On Apr 02, 2019
exclusiveoloori:
Pls house, what is the lowest number of days that I can get from t-bills secondary market
Theoretically, the lowest number of days should be one day but the yield for that will be quite small it might not be worth it unless you're buying hundreds of millions worth

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by awesomeJ(m): 8:24pm On Apr 02, 2019
Reserves eventually closed March at $44.43bn (up c $2.1bn)

Brent is only 50 cents shy of $70. ($69.50 at 10:20pm WAT)

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Dracoe(m): 1:07am On Apr 03, 2019
Good morning everyone. I want to invest in t bills ,I’m still a student and I plan on starting with 50,000(I don’t know how feasible this is;prolly someone could enlighten me)
I would like to know which bank is best and which has the highest rates .And also the best in investing in whether the 91,182 or 364 days tenor, as I don’t plan on touching the money for a really long time.Also if I was doing the 364 days tenor,do I have to keep reinvesting once the 364 days is over ?
Your contributions are highly welcomed and appreciated.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Tweetums(f): 3:56am On Apr 03, 2019
I have 15m fixed deposit in Polaris bank but the return is very low every 91 days I receiving #336,575.. Pls, what are the processing to move to treasury bill... Thanks
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by dipoolowoo: 3:59am On Apr 03, 2019
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by ositadima1(m): 6:11am On Apr 03, 2019
Tweetums:
I have 15m fixed deposit in Polaris bank but the return is very low every 91 days I receiving #336,575.. Pls, what are the processing to move to treasury bill... Thanks

It simple, find out from your account manager or any other staff in your bank if they buy treasury bills. If they don't then move your funds to other banks like Firstbank, GTB and Access that do.

3 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by maklelemakukula(m): 7:55am On Apr 03, 2019
Tabuse20:
Ahiboilandgas is a tribalist with low self esteem...take him serious at your own peril

6 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (744) (745) (746) (747) (748) (749) (750) ... (2233) (Reply)

Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts

Viewing this topic: Grupo(m) and 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.