Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,338 members, 7,829,860 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 12:43 PM

Treasury Bills In Nigeria - Investment (748) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Treasury Bills In Nigeria (4458998 Views)

Fixed Deposits Or Treasury Bills, Which Is Better? / Fixed Deposit And Treasury Bill Investments From Abroad / I Need Information On Treasury Bills In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (745) (746) (747) (748) (749) (750) (751) ... (2233) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by ahiboilandgas: 8:15am On Apr 03, 2019
maklelemakukula:
Ahiboilandgas is a tribalist with low self esteem...take him serious at your own peril
u a nationalist with high self esteem

3 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by 234ng44uk(m): 8:59am On Apr 03, 2019
maklelemakukula:
Ahiboilandgas is a tribalist with low self esteem...take him serious at your own peril

What then would you call @ositadima1 and @barrytone?

4 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by NL1960: 9:05am On Apr 03, 2019
Dracoe:
Good morning everyone. I want to invest in t bills ,I’m still a student and I plan on starting with 50,000(I don’t know how feasible this is;prolly someone could enlighten me)
I would like to know which bank is best and which has the highest rates .And also the best in investing in whether the 91,182 or 364 days tenor, as I don’t plan on touching the money for a really long time.Also if I was doing the 364 days tenor,do I have to keep reinvesting once the 364 days is over ?
Your contributions are highly welcomed and appreciated.

Nice that you are considering investment. It is good to always start early. I would advised that you open a Money Market Fund(MMF) instead with that amount. MMF allows you to top up with any amount you have any time which TB does not allow. The only advantage TB has over it is that TBs pays interest upfront.

4 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by GonFreecss1: 1:04pm On Apr 03, 2019
NL1960:

Nice that you are considering investment. It is good to always start early. I would advised that you open a Money Market Fund(MMF) instead with that amount. MMF allows you to top up with any amount you have any time which TB does not allow. The only advantage TB has over it is that TBs pays interest upfront.

Very solid advice you gave that lad. grin

3 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Viqtour(m): 2:10pm On Apr 03, 2019
Anyone with updates of today's primary market auction?
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by lancee(m): 2:29pm On Apr 03, 2019
Pls House update with todays results ..Thanks
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by DaBogu: 3:16pm On Apr 03, 2019
I grew up strangely. Last child of a once wealthy man. So I grew up seeing the remnants of wealth but not actually tasting it.
My siblings told me at some point we had 10 cars & all of them were driven chauffeured to school.By the time my parents had me, my dad was nearly retired. And you can tell the difference. My siblings are all bougie. Me I am original “aje pako” But as I grew older, I began to see that if my dearest pop man had planned better for his retirement, he would have been able to maintain a semblance of his life until the end.

I’m not sure who needs to hear this but if you haven’t started saving for retirement, start today. You will never be as vibrant as you are today. As you grow older it is harder to take risks. When young you can afford to be aggressive about your investments because you have time to make it up.

Start investing today, make the mistakes now & learn along the way. Start small Oh another thing that came up at my talk yesterday was health and wellness. Your physical health affects your financial health a great deal. And healthcare can make one go bankrupt.
Take care of your health and get health insurance. Stop winging it.

25 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by OgogoroFreak(m): 3:24pm On Apr 03, 2019
DaBogu:
I grew up strangely. Last child of a once wealthy man. So I grew up seeing the remnants of wealth but not actually tasting it.
My siblings told me at some point we had 10 cars & all of them were driven chauffeured to school.By the time my parents had me, my dad was nearly retired. And you can tell the difference. My siblings are all bougie. Me I am original “aje pako” But as I grew older, I began to see that if my dearest pop man had planned better for his retirement, he would have been able to maintain a semblance of his life until the end.

I’m not sure who needs to hear this but if you haven’t started saving for retirement, start today. You will never be as vibrant as you are today. As you grow older it is harder to take risks. When young you can afford to be aggressive about your investments because you have time to make it up.

Start investing today, make the mistakes now & learn along the way. Start small Oh another thing that came up at my talk yesterday was health and wellness. Your physical health affects your financial health a great deal. And healthcare can make one go bankrupt.
Take care of your health and get health insurance. Stop winging it.
Do we have health insurance in Nigeria?

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by MCeemajesty(m): 3:52pm On Apr 03, 2019
Auction Date (03/04/2019)

Stop Rates (%):

10.2900 - 91 Day

12.6000 - 182 Day

12.8500 - 364 Day

lancee:
Pls House update with todays results ..Thanks

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by alezzy13: 3:56pm On Apr 03, 2019
OgogoroFreak:

Of course we do. Both the public (nhis) and private.

Whether it's worth it is another discussion all together. tongue
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by alezzy13: 3:58pm On Apr 03, 2019
MCeemajesty:

Stop Rates (%):

10.2900 - 91 Day

12.6000 - 182 Day

12.8500 - 364 Day

Looking forward to those days of 15% again. CBN should take time angry
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by lancee(m): 3:58pm On Apr 03, 2019
MCeemajesty:

Stop Rates (%):

10.2900 - 91 Day

12.6000 - 182 Day

12.8500 - 364 Day

Nice still fair ..Thanks sir
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by feelamong(m): 4:00pm On Apr 03, 2019
MCeemajesty:

Stop Rates (%):

10.2900 - 91 Day

12.6000 - 182 Day

12.8500 - 364 Day

A slight improvement from the last Auction results....

I think we might see an uptick in rates in the coming days.......some people must fund the new govt borrowing for the improved N10Tr budget!

3 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by OgogoroFreak(m): 4:04pm On Apr 03, 2019
alezzy13:

Of course we do. Both the public (nhis) and private.

Whether it's worth it is another discussion all together. tongue
Lolz...

Abeg, make them carry their wahala go. Afterall, Naija sickness no dey pass malaria and typhoid.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by kisszhira(m): 4:14pm On Apr 03, 2019
Grupo:
Hahahaha. Ogogorofreak must have taken a lot of ogogoro last night.

I thought the thread was about being turned into a charity. I was almost dropping my 'akant' number to receive my own 100k.

Chai.

grin my guy for begin see akant namba left right centre now grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by DaBogu: 4:15pm On Apr 03, 2019
I think so, Mutual Insurance does.
OgogoroFreak:
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Phyde: 5:26pm On Apr 03, 2019
Tweetums:
I have 15m fixed deposit in Polaris bank but the return is very low every 91 days I receiving #336,575.. Pls, what are the processing to move to treasury bill... Thanks
Are you the same Tunlip Tweetums; the forex guru i met on facebook some years back?
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Tweetums(f): 6:54pm On Apr 03, 2019
Phyde:

Are you the same Tunlip Tweetums; the forex guru i met on facebook some years back?
yes ooooo...
I'm not trading forex again but crypto on point now....
Do you know much about tb?

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Experience4u(m): 6:55pm On Apr 03, 2019
Pls House, is it better to but Tbills at cbn rate or through secondary markets. What are the merits and demerits
I am a newbie
Thanks
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by aremso(m): 7:24pm On Apr 03, 2019
Experience4u:
Pls House, is it better to but Tbills at cbn rate or through secondary markets. What are the merits and demerits
I am a newbie
Thanks

If you know the concept of whole sale and retailing the that answered your question. CBN rate is the whole sale rate while secondary MKT rate is the retailing rate. Eg if CBN rate is 15% cos banks buys in bulk they may buy @15% then sell at 14.2%. CBN rate is always the best rate but not always available everyday like secondary MKT who may have bought like 100billon then selling it bit by bit but u can also negotiate the secondary MKT rate

2 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Dracoe(m): 9:08pm On Apr 03, 2019
NL1960:

What’s the interest rate of money market fund like per annum?
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Nobody: 9:21pm On Apr 03, 2019
aremso:

thanks, my banker from stanbic just sent same to me, my sis in eco bank tried to get 12.85% for 191days but i want 240days may be i will go for it
after your loot from zenith you want to tie it down till DEC!I envy you.

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Nobody: 9:52pm On Apr 03, 2019
Hi guys. Pls I'm new here and reading thru small small. I just want to ask. Can one buy more that one TB? Or its limited to one account, one tb?
Edakun sorry for my question if it sounds bakan bakan
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by OgogoroFreak(m): 9:55pm On Apr 03, 2019
Iyamarun:
Hi guys. Pls I'm new here and reading thru small small. I just want to ask. Can one buy more that one TB? Or its limited to one account, one tb?
You can get any amount of Tbills with one account.

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Nobody: 10:32pm On Apr 03, 2019
Iyamarun:
you can buy as much as you want.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Nnamz(m): 2:39am On Apr 04, 2019
Lordsnipper:

It doesn't mean you can't help
Seriously dude if you're expecting even a penny here, you're a dreamer. Sell your phone and help yourself.

8 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by dipoolowoo: 2:52am On Apr 04, 2019
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by ajbf: 3:20am On Apr 04, 2019
I am expecting some returns back into my account today. From there, I can think of way forward.

2 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by aremso(m): 3:35am On Apr 04, 2019
DOLLARTEX:
after your loot from zenith you want to tie it down till DEC!I envy you.

Lol. Oga I dey follow wetin you taught me ni ooo

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Lordsnipper: 5:23am On Apr 04, 2019
Nnamz:

Seriously dude if you're expecting even a penny here, you're a dreamer. Sell your phone and help yourself.
Will you buy blackberry Q10 for even 5k,lemme sell to you
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by 9ja4eva: 6:01am On Apr 04, 2019
Wow! Lots of fascinating comments here. I want to start trading T-bills, but I do not know where to start, bills to buy, or how to start. Some guidance would help. Any help/suggestions would be appreciated. I take God beg una.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by zamirikpo(m): 6:59am On Apr 04, 2019
MCeemajesty:

Stop Rates (%):

10.2900 - 91 Day

12.6000 - 182 Day

12.8500 - 364 Day

I see (hope) rates finds support around this 12.5 - 12.85 region with a bid to bounce back to the highs of around 15%.

Fingers crossed.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (745) (746) (747) (748) (749) (750) (751) ... (2233) (Reply)

Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts

Viewing this topic: Holla911(m)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.