Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,195 members, 7,822,031 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 02:51 AM

Treasury Bills In Nigeria - Investment (773) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Treasury Bills In Nigeria (4449396 Views)

Fixed Deposits Or Treasury Bills, Which Is Better? / Fixed Deposit And Treasury Bill Investments From Abroad / I Need Information On Treasury Bills In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (770) (771) (772) (773) (774) (775) (776) ... (2230) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by awesomeJ(m): 5:09pm On May 14, 2019
zamirikpo:

I totally agree with u.....so it's safe to say that things may remain relatively stable for now barring any sharp fluctuations in oil price.

Hmmmm....Naija

Yes sir. Oil will find support above $60 though-by God's grace.

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by dipoolowoo: 5:25pm On May 14, 2019
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Taiwodeniran(m): 7:42pm On May 14, 2019
The gurus in the house, I need help please, I have #100k idle with me, am thinking of fix deposit or treasury bill, which of them is the best in terms of ROI, duration of expiry, how ease to transact via Online, and how flexible money release? (planning on COMPOUNDING INTEREST)
AM USING ACCESS BANK. For ease clearification.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by NeyofeedNigEnt: 7:43pm On May 14, 2019
Bravedude112:
It is true

Really
A friend did primary market for 182 days with 10m at Gtb.
Is it that gtb accept 10m for primary auction?
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by DaBogu: 7:45pm On May 14, 2019
BREAKING: US Embassy suspends 'Dropbox' Visa renewals in Nigeria.

I like this very much. Canada and others should do same. The idiots that stay abroad and tell us Buhari is transforming Nigeria should come back let’s enjoy together. Nigerians must have sense by force.

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Grupo(m): 8:09pm On May 14, 2019
DaBogu:

I like this very much. Canada and others should do same. The idiots that stay abroad and tell us Buhari is transforming Nigeria should come back let’s enjoy together. Nigerians must have sense by force.

Hahaha!

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by dipoolowoo: 1:28am On May 15, 2019
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Nnamz(m): 1:34am On May 15, 2019
DaBogu:

Please how is this post related to treasury bills?

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by aremso(m): 7:59am On May 15, 2019
NeyofeedNigEnt:

Really
A friend did primary market for 182 days with 10m at Gtb.
Is it that gtb accept 10m for primary auction?

They gather all the fund together that was why it could scale tru!
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by bendo75(m): 8:14am On May 15, 2019
DaBogu:

Lol. Calm yo tits bro. This has nothing to do with those who reside and work in the United States. Know the difference between immigrant and non-immigrant visas. This affects only the renewal of non-immigrant visas(visiting visas). Suspending Dropbox visa renewal means that those who want to renew their non-immigrant visas must appear for an interview at the Abuja or Lagos embassies instead of sending their documents to the embassies by FEDEX. I hope this helps to calm you down.

Keep yourself informed, don’t call folks idiots because they disagree with you on certain issues. You can always make your points without calling people names.

Next time remember that this thread is for Treasury Bills.

20 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Jafsent30(m): 8:17am On May 15, 2019
Jafsent30:
Hello everyone
I have a question let's say I want to buy treasury bills in other countries (since I'm new to this) please someone should explain the process
Thank you
No one?
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by cy4cent(f): 8:22am On May 15, 2019
freeman67:

For FBN, the person you met is either not well inform or want to hinder you from the TB.. The minimum you can invest in TB there is 100k too.

Be informed that there are more charges to mutual fund than TB. Also, the rate for TB once gotten is stable throughout the tenure of the investment but that of mutual fund fluctuate daily or weekly depending on the investment house.

I agree with you perfectly about the staffs at First bank's intentions of hindering him from investing.
My account's officer told me TBills is not a good investment, that fixed deposit is better. I couldn't believe the mail she sent me when I asked her opinion, I had to chat her up on what's app, she repeated the same thing.

I'm on this thread reading these messages to confirm if I'm being paranoid about her intentions, unfortunately I can't go to the bank myself to confirm.

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by aremso(m): 8:27am On May 15, 2019
cy4cent:

I agree with you perfectly about the staffs at First bank's intentions of hindering him from investing.
My account's officer told me TBills is not a good investment, that fixed deposit is better. I couldn't believe the mail she sent me when I asked her opinion, I had to chat her up on what's app, she repeated the same thing.

I'm on this thread reading these messages to confirm if I'm being paranoid about her intentions, unfortunately I can't go to the bank myself to confirm.

most Nigerians does not know jack about treasury bill because the bankers would always tell them about FD instead so i advice people to just walk into the bank and tell them you want to do nothing but the treasury bill
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by NeyofeedNigEnt: 8:41am On May 15, 2019
aremso:

most Nigerians does not know jack about treasury bill because the bankers would always tell them about FD instead so i advice people to just walk into the bank and tell them you want to do nothing but the treasury bill

I suspect those account officer get some interest if they have a client that invest in fixed deposit.

My account officer also tried to force me to invest on fixed deposit

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by NeyofeedNigEnt: 8:41am On May 15, 2019
aremso:

They gather all the fund together that was why it could scale tru!

Oh I see.
Thanks
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by cutedharmee: 9:59am On May 15, 2019
Pls house does anyone got any rate for d next auction yet?
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by OgogoroFreak(m): 11:04am On May 15, 2019
cutedharmee:
Pls house does anyone got any rate for d next auction yet?
7% for 364 days

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Desanta(m): 11:21am On May 15, 2019
OgogoroFreak:
7% for 364 days

Wicked.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by cutedharmee: 11:31am On May 15, 2019
OgogoroFreak:
7% for 364 days
Nah u sabi
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by klas(m): 12:08pm On May 15, 2019
NeyofeedNigEnt:

I suspect those account officer get some interest if they have a client that invest in fixed deposit.

My account officer also tried to force me to invest on fixed deposit

The account officers don’t get monetary interest on your deposits but no account officer in Nigerian banks will be happy if you move your funds because it reduces his/her ‘cabal’ and that may impact negatively on his/her performance evaluation.
God saves the branch manager whose branch deposit balance significantly drop during the so-called MPR.

2 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by cy4cent(f): 12:47pm On May 15, 2019
klas:

The account officers don’t get monetary interest on your deposits but no account officer in Nigerian banks will be happy if you move your funds because it reduces his/her ‘cabal’ and that may impact negatively on his/her performance evaluation.
God saves the branch manager whose branch deposit balance significantly drop during the so-called MPR.

Are you kidding me? Now I see why they do it. How can someone be so heartless to allow you get 1-4% interest on FD when you can get up to 13% from TBills? Just for their own selfish interest. It is only God that will help Nigeria, I give up. For the past months, this account officer allowed my funds to remain dormant.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Just2endowed2(m): 12:50pm On May 15, 2019
klas:

Lol
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by NL1960: 1:17pm On May 15, 2019
cy4cent:

Are you kidding me? Now I see why they do it. How can someone be so heartless to allow you get 1-4% interest on FD when you can get up to 13% from TBills? Just for their own selfish interest. It is only God that will help Nigeria, I give up. For the past months, this account officer allowed my funds to remain dormant.

How is the person heartless?. If you move your funds and her 'cabal' reduces and he/she cannot cover the 'hole', it means he/she will be fired. Imagine being sacked in this tough times. I know of somebody who had to resign because of this because his BP was always going through the roof once MPR is close at hand. To make matters worse, his boss calls him at odd hours(sometimes 2am) of the night to remind him of his 'cabal'. The wife just told him that it is better for him to be alive by resigning than die and leave her with four young kids.

3 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by freeman67: 1:22pm On May 15, 2019
cy4cent:

Most times bank staff (account officers) will need you to have money on your account so that they can meet their target. So they will not want anything that will make the money move from there. What you will do is to visit another branch of your bank and request to meet the person in charge of Treasury Bill. Just be direct with your questions on what tenures and rates are available.

Also you will have to read well here and ask once in a while to know when primary market auction is to take place. Secondary market is always on.

2 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by zamirikpo(m): 1:40pm On May 15, 2019
NL1960:

How is the person heartless?. If you move your funds and her 'cabal' reduces and he/she cannot cover the 'hole', it means he/she will be fired. Imagine being sacked in this tough times. I know of somebody who had to resign because of this because his BP was always going through the roof once MPR is close at hand. To make matters worse, his boss calls him at odd hours(sometimes 2am) of the night to remind him of his 'cabal'. The wife just told him that it is better for him to be alive by resigning than die and leave her with four young kids.

Bankers work for there reps. banks and pocket , so they have no obligation towards bank customers. But if a customer wants 13% instead of 4% , u do not have any right to do otherwise. Even the bank mgmt would prefer to sack that staff than loose a juicy customer entirely.

In order matters.......how far with today's AUCTIONS RESULT.any news.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by NL1960: 2:06pm On May 15, 2019
zamirikpo:

Bankers work for there reps. banks and pocket , so they have no obligation towards bank customers. But if a customer wants 13% instead of 4% , u do not have any right to do otherwise. Even the bank mgmt would prefer to sack that staff than loose a juicy customer entirely.

In order matters.......how far with today's AUCTIONS RESULT.any news.

That is not the situation here. If you walk to your account officer and ask him/her whether you should do TB, he/she will definitely say 'No' and that you should do FD but if you walk up to him/her and say you want to do TB, then he/she has not right to deny you. There is a difference between 'should i do' and 'i want to do'. That is what iam trying to point out. The account office is watching out for his/her interest as in his/her 'cabal'.

4 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Pascopele: 4:13pm On May 15, 2019
Have you worked in a bank?
klas:

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Acidosis(m): 4:38pm On May 15, 2019
cy4cent:

Out of the1-4% interest rate, the bank will deduct 10% as WHT and when you try to liquidate before (even a day before) maturity, you lose 40% of everything you've waited for grin

Banks are our greatest enemies. They do not love you as they claim, what they love is your deposit/potential deposit.

4 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by igbizen(m): 5:23pm On May 15, 2019
Acidosis:

Out of the1-4% interest rate, the bank will deduct 10% as VAT and when you try to liquidate before (even a day before) maturity, you lose 40% of everything you've waited for grin

Banks are our greatest enemies. They do not love you as they claim, what they love is your deposit/potential deposit.

it's 25% not 40%. I do treasury bills and also do fixed deposit. and it's not 1-4%. You can negotiate with dem. money that I need to use at any time I put in fixed deposit and I negotiate the rate very well. I have a 2m that is on 9% for 90 days In Ecobank. I have four treasury bills worth 18mill in Stanbic. The lowest I have done in FD is 500k at 7.5 to 8%. Maybe am a very persuasive customer.

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by igbizen(m): 5:26pm On May 15, 2019
why I don't do treasury bills with money I intend to use at anytime, is because of the possibility of lossing wen rates go up and bank charges. at least with FD I know wat I face ìs not subjected to rates in the auction market.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by igbizen(m): 5:28pm On May 15, 2019
igbizen:

it's 25% not 40%. I do treasury bills and also do fixed deposit. and it's not 1-4%. You can negotiate with dem. money that I need to use at any time I put in fixed deposit and I negotiate the rate very well. I have a 2m that is on 9% for 90 days In Ecobank. I have four treasury bills worth 18mill in Stanbic. The lowest I have done in FD is 500k at 7.5 to 8%. Maybe am a very persuasive customer.

in short I plan to withdraw 500k from my FD next tomorrow. Then I will FD it again.��� at least it's better than leaving it in my savings account.

(1) (2) (3) ... (770) (771) (772) (773) (774) (775) (776) ... (2230) (Reply)

Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts

Viewing this topic: okenzo22 and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.