Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,198 members, 7,818,661 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 09:07 PM

Treasury Bills In Nigeria - Investment (785) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Treasury Bills In Nigeria (4443037 Views)

Fixed Deposits Or Treasury Bills, Which Is Better? / Fixed Deposit And Treasury Bill Investments From Abroad / I Need Information On Treasury Bills In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (782) (783) (784) (785) (786) (787) (788) ... (2229) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by habayommy: 7:15pm On May 26, 2019
RealityShot:
https://www.nairaland.com/1912965/mutual-funds/

All answers are there...

If you have up to 100k, start treasury bills.
Then invest interest in MMF.
And when interest and further savings reach 100k, put it in Tbills again.

----------
Someone asked for the best tenure for Tbills.

If you have less than 1 million, you should use 6months or 3months,
So You can be adding previous interest plus new savings and grow you capital.

If you have more than 1 million.. Just rollover with interest yearly ... Till you tire... Lol

Someone said he earns about 1 million yearly (100k/mo)
And haven't saved 100k... Very true!

I fell from that horse and landed BROKE to no job and no money, no wife, house, car or Investment.

I lost the last 50k in the MMM SAGA. (funny, it was gotten by selling off my laptop!)

... WELL I moved into a room, took a job of 25k in 2016.
Luckily, I came back to nairaland to seek for SAFE investments
And I discovered this thread again.

I did not have a dime after paying my rent then...
But I decided to start saving 15k from June 2017...

Opened an MMF account and grew my funds..
Now I am almost at 500k.

I never saved that much at my BIG JOB at any point.

I give God all the glory for his blessing to persevere and for keeping EMERGENCY spending out of my life since then!

YOU CAN SAVE 60% TOO...

Japan became great when youths started saving massively!
The video is on YouTube.. By visualpolitik

GOOD LUCK TO YOU

P. S: ahiboilandgas... Warn them in advance very well O!
Before they will come back here to spoil your name
because they could not survive the risk of those businesses.

Your shock absorber must be very very STRONG!

Thank you very much

2 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by eddyakinrinde(m): 7:40pm On May 26, 2019
RealityShot:

All answers are there...

----------
Someone asked for the best tenure for Tbills.

If you have less than 1 million, you should use 6months or 3months,
So You can be adding previous interest plus new savings and grow you capital.

If you have more than 1 million.. Just rollover with interest yearly ... Till you tire... Lol

Someone said he earns about 1 million yearly (100k/mo)
And haven't saved 100k... Very true!

I fell from that horse and landed BROKE to no job and no money, no wife, house, car or Investment.

I lost the last 50k in the MMM SAGA. (funny, it was gotten by selling off my laptop!)

... WELL I moved into a room, took a job of 25k in 2016.
Luckily, I came back to nairaland to seek for SAFE investments
And I discovered this thread again.

I did not have a dime after paying my rent then...
But I decided to start saving 15k from June 2017...

Opened an MMF account and grew my funds..
Now I am almost at 500k.

I never saved that much at my BIG JOB at any point.

I give God all the glory for his blessing to persevere and for keeping EMERGENCY spending out of my life since then!

YOU CAN SAVE 60% TOO...

Japan became great when youths started saving massively!
The video is on YouTube.. By visualpolitik

GOOD LUCK TO YOU

P. S: ahiboilandgas... Warn them in advance very well O!
Before they will come back here to spoil your name
because they could not survive the risk of those businesses.

Your shock absorber must be very very STRONG!

The analysis is on point. But pls need ur advice here. I used to have 2 different tbills running around Dec last year. One is 5.1m and the other was 1.2m. When the rates was dropping then I thought I needed to diversify my investment so moved the one of 1.2m to mmf and the other one was put into another bills at 14% then and will mature in Dec. The one in mmf is with united capital mmf. By Gods grace I have bn able to add (top up) more funds to it since January and its now 3.1m still in the mmf. On the average the daily interest since past 2 to 3 months have bn 13% which is higher than the current annual rate for tbills (12.5).
So based on your advice, is it wise to book 3m tbills now and use the upfront to continue the mmf considering the current rates mentioned or just leave the funds like that in the mmf.
Pls everyone's advice is appreciated.

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Desanta(m): 8:37pm On May 26, 2019
eddyakinrinde:

The analysis is on point. But pls need ur advice here. I used to have 2 different tbills running around Dec last year. One is 5.1m and the other was 1.2m. When the rates was dropping then I thought I needed to diversify my investment so moved the one of 1.2m to mmf and the other one was put into another bills at 14% then and will mature in Dec. The one in mmf is with united capital mmf. By Gods grace I have bn able to add (top up) more funds to it since January and its now 3.1m still in the mmf. On the average the daily interest since past 2 to 3 months have bn 13% which is higher than the current annual rate for tbills (12.5).
So based on your advice, is it wise to book 3m tbills now and use the upfront to continue the mmf considering the current rates mentioned or just leave the funds like that in the mmf.
Your TB of 12,5% gives a true yield of about 14.3%.
I think you should move your money to TB and leave your emergency fund with MMF.

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by eddyakinrinde(m): 8:44pm On May 26, 2019
Desanta:

I think you should move your money to TB and leave your emergency fund with MMF.

But pls I don't understand the term true yield yet, do you mean after reinvesting the interest and compounding?
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by dake40(m): 9:31pm On May 26, 2019
Hi. What's your take on "I invest" app by Stanbic bank?.

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by GonFreecss1: 8:58am On May 27, 2019
eddyakinrinde:

But pls I don't understand the term true yield yet, do you mean after reinvesting the interest and compounding?

They mean the yield gotten on the capital after removing the discounted yield.

For instance if you invest 1 million at 10%, 900K will be deducted, leaving you with 100K. Your true yield will then be 100K/900K x 100 = 11.11%.

I do not agree though about their assumption that this makes Tbills better, because MMF also has a trump card over Tbills. I will just say do what is most convenient for you.

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by RealityShot: 9:04am On May 27, 2019
eddyakinrinde:

please move that fund to Tbills now.

The true yield of Tbills is higher.

You will effectively invest N2728000 to get N3100000 at the end of the year. That is 13.6% True Yield.

Plus you can also put that N372000 upfront interest in Tbills and earn about N45000
Which you can then put in your MMF.

MMFs make money by keeping your upfront interest and investing it for their own gain. LOL...

they are not bad.. It's just their compensation for letting you have access to your funds any time.

2 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by konklushun(f): 1:21pm On May 27, 2019
Please how soon do I get interest payment for secondary market.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Nobody: 1:47pm On May 27, 2019
Immediately the tbills is processed,provided you request to receive your interest upfront.
konklushun:
Please how soon do I get interest payment for secondary market.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by chigo4u: 2:36pm On May 27, 2019
ahiboilandgas:
yes I like chykers but not beggars ....sex/woman are less of my worries am not even attracted to Nigeria girls so I ended up with a north african
grin grin
How did you find them? Looks like you travel well too as your hobby? By the way I'm inspired by your hustle spirit

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by seun289(m): 2:53pm On May 27, 2019
missjekyll:

you,you get time o. see as you just open everything for internet with the name of your company there for all to see.

I pray you remain safe from kidnap and all sorts. Let him doubt now,wetin concern you

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by konklushun(f): 3:37pm On May 27, 2019
Bravedude112:
Immediately the tbills is processed,provided you request to receive your interest upfront.

Thanks
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by eddyakinrinde(m): 4:17pm On May 27, 2019
RealityShot:
please move that fund to Tbills now.

The true yield of Tbills is higher.

You will effectively invest N2728000 to get N3100000 at the end of the year. That is 13.6% True Yield.

Plus you can also put that N372000 upfront interest in Tbills and earn about N45000
Which you can then put in your MMF.

MMFs make money by keeping your upfront interest and investing it for their own gain. LOL...

they are not bad.. It's just their compensation for letting you have access to your funds any time.

Thank you

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by missjekyll: 4:34pm On May 27, 2019
I rest my case.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Peromnia: 4:37pm On May 27, 2019
brandable:

Common sir, you're not fit for this, to be dragging issues with that lady. If you had gone through most of her post you would have seen that she looks for trouble in any thread she goes to, then you would have ignored just like how aremso has done. Biko let it pass. Thanks

That scarlet dimwit pocohantas is only good for golden showers and sucking coocks. She couldn't even understand simple economics. Not even a smattering of same. Yet was attacking a mature intelligent man here.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by gilbert1: 4:52pm On May 27, 2019
RealityShot:

All answers are there...

----------

how much interest will I get from 100k treasury bills, that's to say what's the interest on tbills like
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Peromnia: 4:55pm On May 27, 2019
walcolm:

I went back 2 or 3 pages and I don't see gutter language in her post like the one you just used on me in your post above so I'm wondering what your definition of gutter language is? I saw clarifications, humor and apologies in some cases in her post...

so what's your definition of gutter language because it seems calling someone pussywhipped is your definition of high society speak

Her posts says she's a lot more cultured than you at the very least

oga you are pussywhipped. Get out!

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by RealityShot: 6:05pm On May 27, 2019
gilbert1:

how much interest will I get from 100k treasury bills, that's to say what's the interest on tbills like
12.5% per year that is N12500
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Ibrahim505(m): 8:22pm On May 27, 2019
dake40:
Hi. What's your take on "I invest" app by Stanbic bank?.

I'm also using it
More convenient

2 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by phunix: 9:47pm On May 27, 2019
Good evening great minds! Hope hustle & bustle yielded desired gains?

In quandary: which Tbill tenor in the long run is better yield-wise?

Ahiboilandgas I Dey gbadun your experienced pedagogy. Thumbs up!

All my fellow guys ekene nu o!

5 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by yemkaf(m): 1:01am On May 28, 2019
eddyakinrinde:

Pls sir which bank or investment house do you use in trading your treasury bills, I have MMF account with United Capital already and had some funds there. But I am expecting a fund soon and I'll like to make use of the advice provided by @realityshot so I need a bank/investment house that have good bidding rate lately. I am expecting a quick response from anybody. Thanks
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by yemkaf(m): 1:08am On May 28, 2019
Desanta:

Plz I haven't understand the scenario of the yield and true yield about Tbills, is there anybody there that can make this clear to me. Thank you in advance
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Nnamz(m): 1:36am On May 28, 2019
yemkaf:

Plz I haven't understand the scenario of the yield and true yield about Tbills, is there anybody there that can make this clear to me. Thank you in advance
Thousands of people have made this clear. This is page 785 of this thread. Come on man take a minute and read some pages. Don't be lazy. You can even search what you need e.g. enter "true yield" in the search bar and it would direct you to the answers you need. Get off your lazy horse!

6 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by lancee(m): 3:32am On May 28, 2019
grin
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by RealityShot: 3:33am On May 28, 2019
Sezua:

please can we talk on WhatsApp? i sent a pm already.
pm replied
WhatsApp No
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by RealityShot: 3:49am On May 28, 2019
yemkaf:

Pls sir which bank or investment house do you use in trading your treasury bills, I have MMF account with United Capital already and had some funds there. But I am expecting a fund soon and I'll like to make use of the advice provided by @realityshot so I need a bank/investment house that have good bidding rate lately. I am expecting a quick response from anybody. Thanks
Stanbic IBTC aNd first Bank are OK

Don't wait for Primary Market as A bEgiNner

Just walk into the bank, ask for rates from Tbills officer and buy a good rate.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by RealityShot: 3:50am On May 28, 2019
phunix:
Good evening great minds! Hope hustle & bustle yielded desired gains?

In quandary: which Tbill tenor in the long run is better yield-wise?

Ahiboilandgas I Dey gbadun your experienced pedagogy. Thumbs up!

All my fellow guys ekene nu o!
364 days
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by kam045: 6:17am On May 28, 2019
Chairman,
Please i sent you a PM. I will like to discuss the issue of monthly compounding of Interest via Tbills.

Thanks.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by kam045: 6:29am On May 28, 2019
aremso:

i have been in this stocks stuff for over a decade and the worst was experienced in 07/08 in which i learnt my lession in a very hard way but i will not say cos there is plane crash i will not board aircraft again. Go and reseach it as aside the global economic melt down of 07/08 zenith stock has not gone below #10 and gtb has not gone below 14 pls u can take the pain to confirm. am a risk taker i know the time to enter and exit i pulled out 8.2m from stock into TB after 450k div and now those stock are going down. so know the entry time and exit time. I love the game as taught by my mentor warren buffet. am hoping to get 3m from stock as gain next yrs by God grace

Chairman,
Please can you kindly enlighten me on when is best to enter and exit Zenith bank and GT Bank, based on your years of experience. I will appreciate your kind assistance.

Regards.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by phunix: 7:22am On May 28, 2019
RealityShot:
364 days
Thanks
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by reservd(m): 9:40am On May 28, 2019
Are interest paid upfront in both the primary and secondary market if requested? Is there any advantage if you do not request for interest to be paid upfront?
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by RealityShot: 10:05am On May 28, 2019
reservd:
Are interest paid upfront in both the primary and secondary market if requested? Is there any advantage if you do not request for interest to be paid upfront?
yes.

You earn upfront interest again if you invest the first interest at the same time.
(but the interest must exceed 100k)

(1) (2) (3) ... (782) (783) (784) (785) (786) (787) (788) ... (2229) (Reply)

Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.