Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,733 members, 7,844,417 topics. Date: Wednesday, 29 May 2024 at 08:37 PM

Treasury Bills In Nigeria - Investment (802) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Treasury Bills In Nigeria (4478744 Views)

Fixed Deposits Or Treasury Bills, Which Is Better? / Fixed Deposit And Treasury Bill Investments From Abroad / I Need Information On Treasury Bills In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (799) (800) (801) (802) (803) (804) (805) ... (2237) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Nobody: 9:39pm On Jun 15, 2019
Donbrig:
You guys should not write off our economy or naira yet. Lot of things will start happening as from 2020. You guys should be extremely careful with the buying of dollars. The importation of refined oil from overseas, causing huge demand for dollar is the biggest problem our naira and economy is having... Buhari will certainly put a ban on PMS anytime as from next year, and Dangote refinary will pick up with full effect, naira will experience unprecedented strength for the first time in decades. Most Domiciliary account holders will be compelled to maintain local account in naira.

High interest rates on t-bills might not be experienced anytime soon, rates might continue to reduce as our economy gets stronger and stronger with CBN encouraging more foods and goods to be produced locally, that's why CBN granted a whopping sum of 30billion naira to our local palm oil producers.

Nigerian oil marketers are already investing in our local sub refinaries in different states, because they have already seen the hand writing on the wall. In couple of months from now, business will no longer be as usual in Nigeria.

God bless Nigeria.

https://www.reuters.com/article/nigeria-refinery/update-1-nigerias-dangote-signs-3-3-bln-loan-from-banks-for-refinery-idUSL6N0H03BP20130904

https://www.theoilandgasyear.com/news/dangote-arranges-4-5-bln-for-refinery/

With those foreign loans , do you think dangote will accept naira for his refinery ?
politicians dat steal + padded budget will convert to dollar ?

The only difference i see in 2020...fuel price might reduce abit since no more subsidy .

let wait and see what 2020 has for us.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by dipoolowoo: 11:52pm On Jun 15, 2019

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by komodapson(m): 2:18am On Jun 16, 2019
Grupo:

Lol. Your friend is actually running a charity, not a business.

hahahahaha...una no go kill person with laughter...you're absolutely spot on...how on earth..bizness runs on cameras... if he said robots now...ehn ehn

4 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by komodapson(m): 2:22am On Jun 16, 2019
please anyone with previous/last GTB interest rate for 91 days?
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by RealityShot: 5:19am On Jun 16, 2019
benson4u:
I run a bet shop combined with Mobile banking I use 500k to make more than 150k net per month since 2017 so divide that and times it by 2 months wink
thank you!
is your shop rent included in that N500k?
what of furnitures, TV(s), computers, printer(s), decoder(s), etc ; are they all included in the N500k?
what of the cost(s) of acquiring the POS machine, is that included in the N500k too?
where were you living was your rent part of the N500k too?
please, i would like you to answer, so we can all educate our readers financially some more. Thank you.

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Grupo(m): 5:47am On Jun 16, 2019
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Hallenjay: 7:19am On Jun 16, 2019
olusogo1:
GTB 182 and 364 days unsuccessful, only 90 days went through. Info from account officer
pls can gt allow me book TB with 100k for 90days and how much will be my upfront interest.. Kindly put me tru
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by papadoculus(m): 7:57am On Jun 16, 2019
Jobac:

Zenith Bank.

that means dey gave you 3.6% where as they often give me 3.0%
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by benson4u(m): 9:34am On Jun 16, 2019
RealityShot:
thank you!
is your shop rent included in that N500k?
what of furnitures, TV(s), computers, printer(s), decoder(s), etc ; are they all included in the N500k?
what of the cost(s) of acquiring the POS machine, is that included in the N500k too?
where were you living was your rent part of the N500k too?
please, i would like you to answer, so we can all educate our readers financially some more. Thank you.
The question was what business one can run with 100k that will generate profit of more than 1% within 2 months. But of course before I started the business I have all these expenses sorted out. What I'm saying its the amount I use in the day to day running of the business. Sometimes when business is very good I can even net 200k per month. But straight to the point with 100k running this my business I can confidently say I can't net extra 50k minus expenses within 2 months.

2 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by igbizen(m): 11:40am On Jun 16, 2019
ahiboilandgas:
but Nigeria current vp hold most of his asset in pounds around 900 k pounds in his asset declaration

The last time I check VP is not a business man. So is our politicians.
There are so many factors that will lead to the crash of dollars. People are becoming savings-oriented than spending.
I have a college who is suppose to travel on holiday next week, but on hearing that one of his colleagues had saved more than 120mill in treasury bills he has cancelled his trip and his considering adjusting his life style. Presently this is what we discuss in the office. Once PMS falls inline, so many things will begin to follow. See me way dey use ML350 (spending a lot on maintenance) I don downgrade to corolla because of this forum. We will all make this money here, I cant be wasting my money buying foreign things and big cars why people are making money here.

31 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by chigo4u: 12:16pm On Jun 16, 2019
OgogoroFreak:
The value it is supposed to gain is going straight into the pocket of our leaders. Same thing will surely happen in the case of dangote refinery. I just dey laugh Nigerians cos they fail to learn from experience. Same reason they keep voting same set of crooks into power.

IN NIGERIA, ONE WAY TO BE SUCCESSFUL IS TO ALWAYS BELIEVE THINGS WOULD GET WORSE AND MAKE YOUR PLANS ACCORDINGLY.

The average Nigerian man always believes "e go better" but from experience, it always get worst!
Lol.. from all the reasons given here by the proponents of dollar crash, I can forecast that dollar won’t be crashing anytime soon. Just wishes and nothing concrete. Lol

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by All4good: 12:20pm On Jun 16, 2019
RealityShot:
oya, in realistic terms, give a typical example of the business that can be run with 100k in 2 months that will yield higher than 1% per month.
thank you

https://www.nairaland.com/5244450/invest-international-
company-80-roi#79324092
click on the link above for details

TIP: Start SMALL and grow as you understand the business.
But if you are thinking of dropping your Money and every
month or year you take profit then try Treasury Bills at 9%
return. Ask your bank for details.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by ahiboilandgas: 12:37pm On Jun 16, 2019
igbizen:

There are so many factors that will lead to the crash of dollars. People are becoming savings-oriented than spending.
I have a college who is suppose to travel on holiday next week, but on hearing that one of his colleagues had saved more than 120mill in treasury bills he has cancelled his trip and his considering adjusting his life style. Presently this is what we discuss in the office. Once PMS falls inline, so many things will begin to follow. See me way dey use ML350 (spending a lot on maintenance) I don downgrade to corolla because of this forum. We will all make this money here, I cant be wasting my money buying foreign things and big cars why people are making money here.
he own a chamber so that an enterprise

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Jesusbabygirl(f): 2:17pm On Jun 16, 2019
Bravedude112:
Last auction failed means you've wasted almost 3weeks without investing,check how much you've lose in 3weeks then you will realize that it is better to do secondary market,i did 321days with first bank @12.15% on may 17 instead of waiting for the next primary market which was 2weeks later or so. Check with your bank you can get a longer tenure at the secondary market instead of keeping the funds idle in your account. In tbills everyday counts!
Sound reasoning....This is what I do as well. Funny thing is that sometimes there are actually better rates on secondary market
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Littlemix(f): 4:10pm On Jun 16, 2019
Yes
idu1:
Can you withdraw the interest or it is at the end of the tenure?
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Adeniyii2017: 4:59pm On Jun 16, 2019
aremso:

Oga port to TB
Please I am a young man. I will like you to please guide me on how to go about TB.
I can also read, even if it’s part of this thread that will explain it in details. I won’t like to make any mistake. I don’t mind if you can put me through.
Thank you.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Boyhood: 6:08pm On Jun 16, 2019
Adeniyii2017:

Please I am a young man. I will like you to please guide me on how to go about TB.
I can also read, even if it’s part of this thread that will explain it in details. I won’t like to make any mistake. I don’t mind if you can put me through.
Thank you.
Then first read if not all the 800+ pages, but at least first twenty pages, and last twenty pages.. if after reading you still have questions ( which I don't think you will have any) then come and ask and someone will sure give you an answer to the question.

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Adeniyii2017: 6:26pm On Jun 16, 2019
Boyhood:

Then first read if not all the 800+ pages, but at least first twenty pages, and last twenty pages.. if after reading you still have questions ( which I don't think you will have any) then come and ask and someone will sure give you an answer to the question.
Thank you very much.. started already.

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Nobody: 8:09pm On Jun 16, 2019
Jobac:

Thanks sir. It is definitely not savings; my Bank gave me 6k interest on 2 million naira in a month, treasury bills would have given more than that. I am taking it as investment without stress.

Sir! My bank will give you interest far more than that if fixed for one month with same principal.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Jobac: 8:38pm On Jun 16, 2019
Georgisuria:

Sir! My bank will give you interest far more than that if fixed for one month with same principal.
Which bank, and at what rate? I can leave it more than one month.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by RealityShot: 4:59am On Jun 17, 2019
benson4u:
The question was what business one can run with 100k that will generate profit of more than 1% within 2 months. But of course before I started the business I have all these expenses sorted out. What I'm saying its the amount I use in the day to day running of the business. Sometimes when business is very good I can even net 200k per month. But straight to the point with 100k running this my business I can confidently say I can't net extra 50k minus expenses within 2 months.
thank you.
Since one cannot "run" a business without "starting" it, you cannot tell people with 100k (or even 500k) to do that business can you?

morale: doing business involves MANY hidden costs, which must be taken out of the "profit" BEFORE the "actual profit" can be known.

Our problem is that MANY wannabe entreprenuers don't do that.

6 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by NL1960: 9:22am On Jun 17, 2019
benson4u:

What you should say is that you have a monthly running expenses of 100k that generates the returns for you and not that you started the business with 100k. This is what normally mislead people that they quickly jump into such and get their hands burnt.

2 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Nobody: 1:18pm On Jun 17, 2019
Jobac:

Which bank, and at what rate? I can leave it more than one month.
Baobab MfB..#1M-#2M is 11.75% for 30days while #2,000,001-5M is 12.50% for 30 days also >10M is negotiable for 30days.
Our fixed deposit rate is the best in the market.
Thanks sir
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by benson4u(m): 3:03pm On Jun 17, 2019
NL1960:

What you should say is that you have a monthly running expenses of 100k that generates the returns for you and not that you started the business with 100k. This is what normally mislead people that they quickly jump into such and get their hands burnt.
I can see you didn't even know the root of the argument so go back 2 pages to get it.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by NL1960: 3:04pm On Jun 17, 2019
benson4u:
I can see you didn't even know the root of the argument so go back 2 pages to get it.

I know the root. I read every post on this thread.

5 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Bennycollins: 3:04pm On Jun 17, 2019
But come to think of it, what is the essence of building up money to the expense of your comfort? I am not saying one should not invest, but life is short. Except,of course you have made up your mind to sacrifice your present and stack-up fortunes for your children.
igbizen:

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by benson4u(m): 3:13pm On Jun 17, 2019
NL1960:

I know the root. I read every post on this thread.
I don't think so cause you would have notice he said what business can you do with 100k that can generate more than 1% within 2 months? He didn't state "start". Even at that there are lots of business one can do with 100k that will generate more than 1% profit he stated. But in all, what works for A might not work for B. For me irrespective of the kind of business I do I can make out profit of more than 1% from 100k within 2 months. wink
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by ojayone(m): 3:26pm On Jun 17, 2019
Please I am nee to this thread need to buy treasury bill which bank is the best
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by gogedda: 3:41pm On Jun 17, 2019
Hello my people. I am about to do 91 days primary Tbills with Stanbic bank. Although I am not based in Nigeria,

(1) should I go with the rate of stanbic bank or should I state mine, my account officer sent the form to me.

(2) Secondly, was stanbic bank successful in their last 91 days Tbill primary auction bid?

Thanks all.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by folushorex(f): 4:12pm On Jun 17, 2019
PETERiCHY:

SCAM ALERT angry

why dont you find out, before jumping into conclusion & misleading others
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Nobody: 4:20pm On Jun 17, 2019
ojayone:
Please I am nee to this thread need to buy treasury bill which bank is the best
FBN. Because you reinvest your upfront with your capital in one transaction with then.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by DaBogu: 4:20pm On Jun 17, 2019
oluayebenz:
I'm not actually getting what's trending over here......
Are you guys saying TB is better than doing business?

Business is still your best bet in Nigeria, you have 10m u invest in NTB your interest per year is around 1.2m and you think doing business wont yield more than twice of that?
The main thing is dont go into any business you know nothing about.

And to the guy saying is bad running business from abroad, forget that...... some are doing it and making it big.

Treasury bill is just upgraded savings
Thank you for this Ignorance is actually a disease, which knowledge is the only cure.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (799) (800) (801) (802) (803) (804) (805) ... (2237) (Reply)

Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts

Viewing this topic: janga(m), otomatic(m) and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.