Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,942 members, 7,835,139 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 05:50 AM

Treasury Bills In Nigeria - Investment (804) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Treasury Bills In Nigeria (4465290 Views)

Fixed Deposits Or Treasury Bills, Which Is Better? / Fixed Deposit And Treasury Bill Investments From Abroad / I Need Information On Treasury Bills In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (801) (802) (803) (804) (805) (806) (807) ... (2233) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Nobody: 6:01am On Jun 19, 2019
Grupo:

You will soon lose your money

Baobab Mfb is an internationally recognized bank with baobab holdings.we have a national license to operate in Nigeria.If I were you I would ask questions rather than say what you don't know sir.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by longlife20: 7:43am On Jun 19, 2019
Grupo:

You will soon lose your money

I think for the little I know, those MFB with national licence are safe. Such as lapo, accion, baobab, AB mfb. Lapo have been in existence for over 30 years, AB Microfinance bank about 11 years, accion around 11years.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Nobody: 7:46am On Jun 19, 2019
lastmessenger:
where is your office? This is new to me
We are in Lagos,kaduna,Abuja,Ogun state.
Offshore Nigeria:France,Burkinafaso,China,Ivorycoast,Madagascar,Mali,Dr Congo,Senegal,Tunisia & Zambia.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Tweetums(f): 8:00am On Jun 19, 2019
kisszhira:

From the look of things,i think they are trying to find a way and regulate crypto- currencies.

https://news.bitcoin.com/policymakers-crypto-guidance-standards-g20-supports/
nope, SEC are working to approve bitcoin ETF base on regulator... Fb globalcoin is to tackle unbanking billion of people and challenge banks
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by missjekyll: 8:45am On Jun 19, 2019
Georgisuria:

Baobab Mfb is an internationally recognized bank with baobab holdings.we have a national license to operate in Nigeria.If I were you I would ask questions rather than say what you don't know sir.

Mr Baobab, you need some lessons in customer relations. better get on it now

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Abdullahi88: 9:12am On Jun 19, 2019
Good day room, I would like to subscribe to treasury bills with 100k as a start for investment.
Please I need to know the necessary steps to take in doing this, as well as best bank to use probably Gtbank, if it is good for such.
Your kind response would highly be appreciated. Thank You
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by hello66: 11:01am On Jun 19, 2019
Abdullahi88:
Good day room, I would like to subscribe to treasury bills with 100k as a start for investment.
Please I need to know the necessary steps to take in doing this, as well as best bank to use probably Gtbank, if it is good for such.
Your kind response would highly be appreciated. Thank You
.read from page 1-10..all response u need is there

2 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Abdullahi88: 11:09am On Jun 19, 2019
All right, I will do just that.
Thanks I really appreciate.
hello66:

.read from page 1-10..all response u need is there

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Acidosis(m): 11:18am On Jun 19, 2019
longlife20:

I think for the little I know, those MFB with national licence are safe. Such as lapo, accion, baobab, AB mfb. Lapo have been in existence for over 30 years, AB Microfinance bank about 11 years, accion around 11years.

A little research will enlighten us. If only people know what they stand to lose by ignoring some of their offers. I bet many people don't know they can make mobile transfers from their popular USSD code and mobile apps like GTB app, Sterling One-pay app, etc to AB Microfinance Bank, Accion MFB, VFD MFB, and other national license MFBs. Some don't know many of them have ATMs that are compatible with any card.

We wrongly assume all MFBs and any money lender charlatan carry the same kind of "license" and regulations. And by the way, these MFBs will ALWAYS offer better and higher rates because they earn MORE on loans (which is their primary calling).

If you take a one month loan of N20,000 in a typical MFB, refund at the end of the month would be in the range of N23,000-N24,000. That's N4000 profit.

Invest same N20,000 with the bank at an "wholesome" 15% annual interest. The interest na N250 after one month. At a "wonderfully wholesome" rate of 30%, the interest after one month na N500. For 30% oo grin A bank's 30% annual interest rate is not the same as MMM's 30% ponzi rate. One is annual, the other monthly (which is practically impossible).

Why and how people believe banks can't do more than they currently offer is beyond me. MFB is one of the most lucrative business in Nigeria! I can't do that business and fail.

3 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by niyoni: 11:49am On Jun 19, 2019
Georgisuria:

Baobab MfB..#1M-#2M is 11.75% for 30days while #2,000,001-5M is 12.50% for 30 days also >10M is negotiable for 30days.
Our fixed deposit rate is the best in the market.
Thanks sir
@Georgisuria, are u saying that if I deposit 2 million naira at Baobab MFB for 30 days, I will be entitled to 2.25 million naira I.e my 2 million naira plus 250k interest?
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by HeliosHay(m): 12:37pm On Jun 19, 2019
niyoni:

@Georgisuria, are u saying that if I deposit 2 million naira at Baobab MFB for 30 days, I will be entitled to 2.25 million naira I.e my 2 million naira plus 250k interest?

Unless otherwise stated, any financial rate quoted is on a per annum basis.

To figure out your monthly rate, you simply divide by 12.

For e.g, if its 12.5% per annum, you'll earn 1.04% per month

Those rates by Georgisuria are not what you earn after 30 days...granted the way it was conveyed is slightly misleading (he/she probably didn't do it on purpose) for the uninformed

2 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Pascopele: 1:41pm On Jun 19, 2019
While you were asleep, many people died overnight. If you're reading this, just go ahead and type "Thank you GOD".

2 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Nnamz(m): 1:54pm On Jun 19, 2019
Pascopele:
While you were asleep, many people died overnight. If you're reading this, just go ahead and type "Thank you GOD".
Some people need correct slap to give their brain factory reset. Did you miss road on your way to the religious thread?

13 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by HeliosHay(m): 2:03pm On Jun 19, 2019
Nnamz:

Some people need correct slap to give their brain factory reset. Did you miss road on your way to the religious thread?

Lol.

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by NL1960: 2:13pm On Jun 19, 2019
Pascopele:

And you think if you saying it type it an infinity number of times, you will not die one day abi?. Stupidity and gullibility at its highest.

3 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by niyoni: 2:42pm On Jun 19, 2019
HeliosHay:

Those rates by Georgisuria are not what you earn after 30 days...granted the way it was conveyed is slightly misleading (he/she probably didn't do it on purpose) for the uninformed
Okay. Thanks for clarifying.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Akerewe(m): 3:37pm On Jun 19, 2019
Good day great investors, recently av bn very busy and not able to visit banks for any transaction and was thinking of email indemnity. pls what are the coverage of email indemnity on one's account nd how secure it is?
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Donbrig: 3:38pm On Jun 19, 2019
Nnamz:

Bros. Your spiritual life will not save you from people that wanna see you fall. It is your smartness and wisdom. It is all these spirituality thing that is making Nigeria not to progress

You didn't get the content of my message. There is a big difference btw spiritualism and religion. I know religion had done a collateral damage to the psyche of most Nigerians. Religion is politics. We all need a sound spiritual life to excel in life, the spiritual controls the pysical. Praying fervently is the easiest and surest way to build a spiritual life and not being religious like Nigerians.

@Nnamz, How smart would you be if a jealous friend or family member should secretly take your name to a native doctor or spiritual realm for your elimination?

How smart would you be if after a slight headache and your doctor confirmed that you have cancer and few more months/years to live. Would you still be concerned about the next date for t-bill auction?

Always build your spiritual life with prayers as you progress in life, because many are not happy with the level of success you have attained.

Even King Solomon with all his God given wisdom had enemies and always prayed for a spiritual strength.

4 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by utepu: 4:36pm On Jun 19, 2019
Oya let go. TB here I come
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Nobody: 4:44pm On Jun 19, 2019
How much can you worth in nigeria to be categorized as a wealthy person?
Donbrig:
Nice input from all the gurus in the house. It is important to save money as much as you can and guide your money jealously. Also remember to enjoy life as you work hard for your money, but don't live extravagantly or buy things you don't need or things you can do without. And also try to be greedy a bit when trying to get to the top of the ladder, greediness is a very important factor if you want to become rich or wealthy in life. Most wealthy people all over the world are extremely greedy but become generous after making wealth. But be generous and help those that truly needs it once you become rich, most of the money you will be using to help others could be interest from your capital. Capital is meant to be inherited by our children when we join our ancestors, (most wealthy people spend only the interest on their capital) that's why it is critically important to start teaching our children the rules of money at an early age.

Remember to also build your spiritual life as strong as possible, as you become more successful in life, many friends and family members will hate you with passion and secretly wish for your downfall due to envy. Building a strong spiritual life is one way you can overcome the hates and challenges that comes with wealth and influence.

The Hustling Continues, God Bless YOu All.

2 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Nobody: 4:52pm On Jun 19, 2019
longlife20:

Do you know anything about AB mfb fixed investment rates and/or other securities?
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Nnamz(m): 4:57pm On Jun 19, 2019
Donbrig:

You didn't get the content of my message. There is a big difference btw spiritualism and religion. I know religion had done a collateral damage to the psyche of most Nigerians. Religion is politics. We all need a sound spiritual life to excel in life, the spiritual controls the pysical. Praying fervently is the easiest and surest way to build a spiritual life and not being religious like Nigerians.

@Nnamz, How smart would you be if a jealous friend or family member should secretly take your name to a native doctor or spiritual realm for your elimination?

How smart would you be if after a slight headache and your doctor confirmed that you have cancer and few more months/years to live. Would you still be concerned about the next date for t-bill auction?

Always build your spiritual life with prayers as you progress in life, because many are not happy with the level of success you have attained.

Even King Solomon with all his God given wisdom had enemies and always prayed for a spiritual strength.
You think my father would still be alive if his fate in life depended on people not going to native doctors? You think people won't be lining up in front of babalawos if that's all it took to bring my father down? My father is not religious. And before your shallow mind goes there, no he does not have jazz. So religious or not, you will die when your time comes, not when someone decides to go to a babalawo. Mtchewww

5 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by feelamong(m): 5:26pm On Jun 19, 2019
TREASURY BILL RATES STILL DROPPING.....

Today Primary Market Auction 19th June 2019

91 days -------9.6%

182 days--------11.89%

364 days----------12.02%

3 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by chigo4u: 5:39pm On Jun 19, 2019
feelamong:
TREASURY BILL RATES STILL DROPPING.....

Today Primary Market Auction 19th June 2019

91 days -------9.6%

182 days--------11.89%

364 days----------12.02%
What’s going on lol. I guess the election caused the surge before?
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Nobody: 6:16pm On Jun 19, 2019
HeliosHay:

No sir.12.5% is for 30days I.e one month.calculation is done on a simple interest basis
Regards!
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by HeliosHay(m): 6:22pm On Jun 19, 2019
Georgisuria:

No sir.12.5% is for 30days I.e one month.calculation is done on a simple interest basis
Regards!

So what are the risks involved?

because if you're telling me I'll earn 12.5% (a LOT more than TB) in a month and my money will be equally as safe as it would be if it were invested in TB. I'll find that a little bit too good to be true.

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Donbrig: 6:32pm On Jun 19, 2019
Bravedude112:
How much can you worth in nigeria to be categorized as a wealthy person?

You are classified as rich in Nigeria if you earn up to 1m naira per month, either as salary or as passive income. You are classified as wealthy if you earn up to 50m a year as passive income.

2 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Jobac: 6:56pm On Jun 19, 2019
Donbrig:

You are classified as rich in Nigeria if you earn up to 1m naira per month, either as salary or as passive income. You are classified as wealthy if you earn up to 50m a year as passive income.
I think one can be earning 1m and still be poor if one is not saving substantial amount, while someone that is earning lower with good savings can be richer. I have learnt a lot from this thread.

3 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by deepwater(f): 7:04pm On Jun 19, 2019
chigo4u:

What’s going on lol. I guess the election caused the surge before?

deepwater:
Finally 364 days with stanbic went through

I would have stopped the general elections

But with this now, make una go vote.

I am cuming

Above was my valentine post (feb 14) this year before the election.

deepwater:
If you are here and patiently waiting for end of January 2019 to do primary market (364) with stanbic ibtc for at least 17.45%

Raise your hand grin

above was another post in dec 18, 2018

see bro, TBILLS Be like BABA IJEBU
Dem dey forecast am
me i no dey rush buy
i actually saved for 11moths, waiting patiently for Feb 2019, na we chop federal government money on the last BID before 2019 election.
OSIBANJO was doing everything possible to give hope to investors that the elections would be peaceful void of crisis.
the govt was forced to hike the rates towards election to douse economic fear and trembles, we know say those rates were only virtual and not real, it was just floating for the lucky ones to grab.

since then, i never bought any bills any more. i stopped visiting this thread self as i was not expecting any rise in recent times.
I just dey save, dey observe from a distance.

Now i am waiting patiently for BUHARI to goof with his new ministers that would cause another round of panic in the system, threatening investors to flee. Then u will see how govt will do the needful sharperly grin

10 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by chigo4u: 7:10pm On Jun 19, 2019
deepwater:

Above was my valentine post (feb 14) this year before the election.

above was another post in dec 18, 2018

see bro, TBILLS Be like BABA IJEBU
Dem dey forecast am
me i no dey rush buy
i actually saved for 11moths, waiting patiently for Feb 2019, na we chop federal government money on the last BID before 2019 election.
OSIBANJO was doing everything possible to give hope to investors that the elections would be peaceful void of crisis.
the govt was forced to hike the rates towards election to douse economic fear and trembles, we know say those rates were only virtual and not real, it was just floating for the lucky ones to grab.

since then, i never bought any bills any more. i stopped visiting this thread self as i was not expecting any rise in recent times.
I just dey save, dey observe from a distance.

Now i am waiting patiently for BUHARI to goof with his new ministers that would cause another round of panic in the system, threatening investors to flee. Then u will see how govt will do the needful sharperly grin

grin grin
So I should pause till July after ministers list before subscribing. I’ll wait and see
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Donbrig: 7:11pm On Jun 19, 2019
Jobac:

I think one can be earning 1m and still be poor if one is not saving substantial amount, while someone that is earning lower with good savings can be richer. I have learnt a lot from this thread.

You are very correct. But that is a personal problem if you earn 1m a month and still poor, general statistics still rate such persons as rich in Nigeria. Just like people who won big in lotteries, but many don't have a dime today, the lottery agents still see them as either rich or wealthy, how careless they spend or save their money doesn't concern lottery agents or when taking general statistics.

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by deepwater(f): 7:19pm On Jun 19, 2019
chigo4u:

grin grin
So I should pause till July after ministers list before subscribing. I’ll wait and see

It could be longer than that bro.
Just make sure u are ready to hit it hard when it goes high
that way u would gain more'
some gurus here have their own school of thought - (NAIRA DEPRECIATION) when u save for some reasons i still dont understand how/what that means

by the way stuck up some USD now if u can....u see how CUSTOM increase exchange rate?.....it was not done in isolation....the FG just use am test if hot water don boil for this new CHANGE era.

very soon all other FG agencies go spike the USD exchange rate....if u get USD then, u go sell market cool

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (801) (802) (803) (804) (805) (806) (807) ... (2233) (Reply)

Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts

Viewing this topic: 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.