Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,471 members, 7,830,369 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 08:26 PM

Treasury Bills In Nigeria - Investment (806) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Treasury Bills In Nigeria (4459578 Views)

Fixed Deposits Or Treasury Bills, Which Is Better? / Fixed Deposit And Treasury Bill Investments From Abroad / I Need Information On Treasury Bills In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (803) (804) (805) (806) (807) (808) (809) ... (2233) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by zamirikpo(m): 8:09am On Jun 20, 2019
Jobac:

Please and please let's try not to bring Buhari's matter here, I am averse to anything anti-Buhari and Osinbajo. Please be guided before we all take our hands to ruin this thread. The useless PDP brought us to where we are today; we give glory to God for giving us Buhari and Osinbajo. I dey carry Buhari and Osinbajo's matter for head o.

My friend SHUT UP that ur ignorant mouth.....

How long will u keep calling PDP.

Pls meet me in the politics section let me educate u...

My oga's here won't tolerate derailing this house.

I dey wait....

26 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by zamirikpo(m): 8:10am On Jun 20, 2019
proflomo:
What the present government is doing to the nation's economy will soon yield fruits openly. Economically speaking, everyone of us - both supporters and opponents, will soon realise that this is one of the worst governments we ever had in the history of Nigeria.
The reason is simple. It keeps borrowing both locally and internationally without any tangible, economy--promoting infrastructural development to show for it.
Everyone of us keeps buying the various TBs and bonds it keeps dishing out. By the time the reality dawn on us all, we will all ......
But I pity most the poor ones, youth and children.

Pls tell them.........ooh

3 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Acidosis(m): 8:18am On Jun 20, 2019
deepwater:

Bro this is text book
In reality, things are designed to fade with time
I bet 2015 laptop wont worth that sum in 2019
Just look around you and study how those things you spend money on fade with time.
Your 2015 50k might not get you a laptop in 2019 but still, 2019 laptop is surely a higher spec. Now I ask, was this due to inflation or more value added to the laptop by the manufacturer's in terms of design and capacity?

Dont forget not everyone had 50k in 2015, but now they have and can still get laptops better than 2015 specs.

I bought my Siemens C35i for 93,000 in 2003, with that sum I will buy a better phone even at half the price.

I am not saying inflation doesn't exist but not as typical as it is been portrayed. Otherwise, we would be operating on 100% inflation if the statistics are correct since 2005

I don't think your example would qualify as core inflation.

For inflation to occur, prices would rise across services or goods that entail the common measure of price changes (consumer price index), usually food and fuel or any good or service that is impossible to substitute.

Most economists, even the Nigerian Bureau of Statistics use prices of food in popular markets, and fuel I think, to measure inflation. These are basically the two "goods" that affect us equally.

I understand your point though, the common understanding of inflation do not affect us equally. Some things are, in fact, cheaper now with added value.

2 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Jobac: 8:18am On Jun 20, 2019
zamirikpo:

My friend SHUT UP that ur ignorant mouth.....

How long will u keep calling PDP.

Pls meet me in the politics section let me educate u...

My oga's here won't tolerate derailing this house.

I dey wait....
See this hopeless nincompoop that reasons with his anus, one of the useless idiotic PDP members thinking they have nonexistent server in the moon. They have come to distract this thread, I am not surprised, that is one of the attributes of every Yam eater from that useless and erosion ravaged region. They never see anything good in Nigeria just because they lost election. I am always in politics section, you don't need to send any invitation. I have said it, only the friend of Nigeria will eat the best of Nigeria.

2 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Jobac: 8:22am On Jun 20, 2019
Apologies to all!
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by ahiboilandgas: 8:29am On Jun 20, 2019
Jobac:
Apologies to all!
as investors is not better u info us where to invest for higher returns in pmb govt...
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Jobac: 8:35am On Jun 20, 2019
ahiboilandgas:
as investors is not better u info us where to invest for higher returns in pmb govt...
Lol. Sir from what I have learnt here from you gurus, it seems higher returns on TB is not good for our economy. Let's give this government this last opportunity and if they fail, we will all vote them out. Apologies once again.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Grupo(m): 8:37am On Jun 20, 2019
Let's ignore the mad man above me!!!

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by ahiboilandgas: 8:39am On Jun 20, 2019
Jobac:

Lol. Sir from what I have learnt here from you gurus, it seems higher returns on TB is not good for our economy. Let's give this government this last opportunity and if they fail, we will all vote them out. Apologies once again.
yes it a bad sign......higher rate mean bad economic shape ,lower rate mean better economic shape .....a win win mean 14 p.a for me....12 bn offered subscription 120 bn ....

5 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by NL1960: 8:51am On Jun 20, 2019
HeliosHay:

Value erosion by inflation simply means that your money has less purchasing power.

For e.g., If you bought a laptop for N50,000 in 2015, you won't be able to buy that same laptop for N50,000 today due to inflation causing the price of the laptop to increase.

Inflation in Nigeria is currently around 11%

Investing in TB (and earn 12%) allows your money to barely keep up with inflation.

Your money won't keep up with inflation when you invest in fixed deposit (savings)

Not totally correct. If you want the same model of 2015 laptop in 2019, you will get it at N50,000 but you will not get a brand new model of it because the company has stopped making that model but now have new models with new prices. For instance, can you still get a 2GB RAM laptop today?. Why would you think that you can pay the price of a 4GB RAM laptop in 2019 for the price of 2GB RAM of 2015?. Na only fairly use you go get. Try go look for Nokia 3310 to buy and see if you will see it to buy. So it is essentially not an inflation thing. Those always jumping to inflation have always failed to factor in other variables.

7 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Jejebabaa: 8:53am On Jun 20, 2019
Donbrig:

You didn't get the content of my message. There is a big difference btw spiritualism and religion. I know religion had done a collateral damage to the psyche of most Nigerians. Religion is politics. We all need a sound spiritual life to excel in life, the spiritual controls the pysical. Praying fervently is the easiest and surest way to build a spiritual life and not being religious like Nigerians.

@Nnamz, How smart would you be if a jealous friend or family member should secretly take your name to a native doctor or spiritual realm for your elimination?

How smart would you be if after a slight headache and your doctor confirmed that you have cancer and few more months/years to live. Would you still be concerned about the next date for t-bill auction?

Always build your spiritual life with prayers as you progress in life, because many are not happy with the level of success you have attained.

Even King Solomon with all his God given wisdom had enemies and always prayed for a spiritual strength.

Hmmmn, now i know the reason why Steve Jobs had an untimely premature death of Cancer grin grin grin. Someone must have taken his name to native doctor/ spiritual realm so as not to enjoy his sweat especially due to his enviable position of CEO and founder of Apple and some other companies.
Anyway, people should stick to what works for them spiritually and religious wise. Most importantly, be godly and humane to people.

3 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by NL1960: 8:57am On Jun 20, 2019
deepwater:

Bro this is text book
In reality, things are designed to fade with time
I bet 2015 laptop wont worth that sum in 2019
Just look around you and study how those things you spend money on fade with time.
Your 2015 50k might not get you a laptop in 2019 but still, 2019 laptop is surely a higher spec. Now I ask, was this due to inflation or more value added to the laptop by the manufacturer's in terms of design and capacity?

Dont forget not everyone had 50k in 2015, but now they have and can still get laptops better than 2015 specs.

I bought my Siemens C35i for 93,000 in 2003, with that sum I will buy a better phone even at half the price.

I am not saying inflation doesn't exist but not as typical as it is been portrayed. Otherwise, we would be operating on 100% inflation if the statistics are correct since 2005

Seems we are thinking alike on this inflation thing. See my response to him on this same issue of inflation.

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Jejebabaa: 8:59am On Jun 20, 2019
Georgisuria:

No sir.12.5% is for 30days I.e one month.calculation is done on a simple interest basis
Regards!

Its either you are genuinely misinforming your potential customers or you have no idea of what is obtainable in the financial market and not good at your job for you to be saying the interest is 12.5% flat which is a cumulative 150% p.a. There is no legitimate business in the world that will yield such humongous ROI consistently.

3 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Nobody: 9:15am On Jun 20, 2019
So do we classify someone who make 50m naira a year in TBills as being wealthy or is it just a way to keep the value of the money because of inflation as some will say?
Donbrig:

You are classified as rich in Nigeria if you earn up to 1m naira per month, either as salary or as passive income. You are classified as wealthy if you earn up to 50m a year as passive income.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by skyangel(f): 9:47am On Jun 20, 2019
Jejebabaa:

I do SIMM funds too but i am yet to withdraw, i thought withdrawal is 3 business days before your account get creditted and between how do you withdraw is it using the app or you have to send mail.
Apologies for digressing from the thread pls.

You're right with the 3 business days, but that's the maximum number of days it takes to get credited. I usually initiate withdrawal via mobile app & before 12 noon. As a matter of fact, I always get credited same day between 2 pm to 6:30 pm

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by deepwater(f): 10:10am On Jun 20, 2019
MizMyColi:

Is it from that restaurant opposite Grandmates? grin

he wont get that at the restaurant opposite grandmates.
Infact the woman opposite grandmates that sells corn / pear beside the suya man sells her pear for NGN 100 per piece.
Even the fruit woman at the junction is excessively expensive. Dont ask me how i know, me i be waka jugbe grin
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by HeliosHay(m): 10:21am On Jun 20, 2019
NL1960:

Not totally correct. If you want the same model of 2015 laptop in 2019, you will get it at N50,000 but you will not get a brand new model of it because the company has stopped making that model but now have new models with new prices. For instance, can you still get a 2GB RAM laptop today?. Why would you think that you can pay the price of a 4GB RAM laptop in 2019 for the price of 2GB RAM of 2015?. Na only fairly use you go get. Try go look for Nokia 3310 to buy and see if you will see it to buy. So it is essentially not an inflation thing. Those always jumping to inflation have always failed to factor in other variables.

I agree. In hindsight that wasn't a good example.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by HeliosHay(m): 10:29am On Jun 20, 2019
MizMyColi:

Is it from that restaurant opposite Grandmates? grin

lol nope
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Jejebabaa: 10:37am On Jun 20, 2019
skyangel:

You're right with the 3 business days, but that's the maximum number of days it takes to get credited. I usually initiate withdrawal via mobile app & before 12 noon. As a matter of fact, I always get credited same day between 2 pm to 6:30 pm
Thanks madam. I will use mobile App whenever i want to make my withdrawal.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by KpagoGIN(m): 10:44am On Jun 20, 2019
Jejebabaa:

Its either you are genuinely misinforming your potential customers or you have no idea of what is obtainable in the financial market and not good at your job for you to be saying the interest is 12.5% flat which is a cumulative 150% p.a. There is no legitimate business in the world that will yield such humongous ROI consistently.
Just leave him to continue selling maybe a client will learn the hard way....... speaking from experience but not from his bank thou, I had to travel from Zaria to Lagos ( i.e nightbus) cause of the anger after discovering the alert gotten was different from the blues I was played went straight to initiate liquidation abi na termination and never looked back in fact I even asked them to terminate the account join........... funniest thing was that they initiated a clause on the account that stipulated that for ever N1,000 naira withdrawn outside their bank a N100 naira goes to them even if na ATM (I mean their bank, branches are not involved) I had to top my money just to get a round figure cause of the fractions incurred based on the clause.

P.S so as long as it has feathers na fowl whether it a dock I don't care, feather is involved and that's enough for me.

4 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by MizMyColi(f): 11:13am On Jun 20, 2019
cheesy
deepwater:

he wont get that at the restaurant opposite grandmates.
Infact the woman opposite grandmates that sells corn / pear beside the suya man sells her pear for NGN 100 per piece.
Even the fruit woman at the junction is excessively expensive. Dont ask me how i know, me i be waka jugbe grin

Grandmates be like Ago VGC
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by missjekyll: 12:00pm On Jun 20, 2019
Jobac:

See this hopeless nincompoop that reasons with his anus, one of the useless idiotic PDP members thinking they have nonexistent server in the moon. They have come to distract this thread, I am not surprised, that is one of the attributes of every Yam eater from that useless and erosion ravaged region. They never see anything good in Nigeria just because they lost election. I am always in politics section, you don't need to send any invitation. I have said it, only the friend of Nigeria will eat the best of Nigeria.

Where are the mods?I move for a 1 month ban for both of you for discussing crap on this thread. I hope all the bullshit y'all just spouted increased your portfolio.

For a moment there,I thought I was on facebook.

6 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by ayommy12: 3:01pm On Jun 20, 2019
Jejebabaa:

I do SIMM funds too but i am yet to withdraw, i thought withdrawal is 3 business days before your account get creditted and between how do you withdraw is it using the app or you have to send mail.
Apologies for digressing from the thread pls.

Please how does SIMM FUNDS work? I'm interested.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Boyhood: 3:03pm On Jun 20, 2019
ayommy12:

Please how does SIMM FUNDS work? I'm interested.

Go to the mutual funds page everything is explained there in details
https://www.nairaland.com/1912965/mutual-funds
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by ayommy12: 3:20pm On Jun 20, 2019
Boyhood:

Go to the mutual funds page everything is explained there in details
https://www.nairaland.com/1912965/mutual-funds

Ok, thanks.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by deepwater(f): 3:27pm On Jun 20, 2019
KpagoGIN:

Just leave him to continue selling maybe a client will learn the hard way....... speaking from experience but not from his bank thou, I had to travel from Zaria to Lagos ( i.e nightbus) cause of the anger after discovering the alert gotten was different from the blues I was played went straight to initiate liquidation abi na termination and never looked back in fact I even asked them to terminate the account join........... funniest thing was that they initiated a clause on the account that stipulated that for ever N1,000 naira withdrawn outside their bank a N100 naira goes to them even if na ATM (I mean their bank, branches are not involved) I had to top my money just to get a round figure cause of the fractions incurred based on the clause.

P.S so as long as it has feathers na fowl whether it a dock I don't care, feather is involved and that's enough for me.

And someone was arguing with me when I called it duck fowl, him say na duck. undecided

For warri na kpukpuyeke we dey call am that year self angry

3 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Acidosis(m): 3:49pm On Jun 20, 2019
Georgisuria:

No sir.12.5% is for 30days I.e one month.calculation is done on a simple interest basis
Regards!

Do you work in the bank? For how long? Uniformed trainees make this mistake a lot. I will advise you to seek better information from your manager. Do not mislead your clients, you won't love the outcome. Interest is calculated per annum basis. Your so called interest rate is 12.5% P.A (per annum, not per monthly) for 30 days or any type of tenure.

8 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by bikerboy1(m): 5:40pm On Jun 20, 2019
HeliosHay:

I agree some things fade with time but inflation accelerates the rate at which this happens.

For e.g. my fufu and egusi soup.

I could eat that in a mama put for N120 a few years back..now they charge N300. It's the same fufu and egusi soup o..no added value lol

A lot of things are getting more expensive..at least in Lagos

Your analogy is spot on bro grin

3 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Donbrig: 6:40pm On Jun 20, 2019
Bravedude112:
So do we classify someone who make 50m naira a year in TBills as being wealthy or is it just a way to keep the value of the money because of inflation as some will say?

Yes, if your interest from t-bills in a year is within the range of 50m and above, you are indeed classified as a wealthy Nigerian. With this kind of interest, compounded for a couple of few years, you could join the billionaires club with bliss.

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by HeliosHay(m): 6:59pm On Jun 20, 2019
This development is really exciting considering folks in Nigeria can store their money in Libra Coin without fear of inflation or naira devaluation screwing up their wealth.

What do you guys think?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1LCdkFYkGbk&t=686s
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by HeliosHay(m): 7:03pm On Jun 20, 2019
bikerboy1:

Your analogy is spot on bro grin

Thanks bro
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by missjekyll: 10:08pm On Jun 20, 2019
HeliosHay:
This development is really exciting considering folks in Nigeria can store their money in Libra Coin without fear of inflation or naira devaluation screwing up their wealth.

What do you guys think?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?
v=1LCdkFYkGbk&t=686s

jeez the voiceover is really annoying. I ll study it on the fool,nevermind

(1) (2) (3) ... (803) (804) (805) (806) (807) (808) (809) ... (2233) (Reply)

Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts

Viewing this topic: Grupo(m) and 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.