Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,146 members, 7,821,905 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 09:22 PM

Treasury Bills In Nigeria - Investment (812) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Treasury Bills In Nigeria (4449019 Views)

Fixed Deposits Or Treasury Bills, Which Is Better? / Fixed Deposit And Treasury Bill Investments From Abroad / I Need Information On Treasury Bills In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (809) (810) (811) (812) (813) (814) (815) ... (2230) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by ositadima1(m): 6:42pm On Jun 26, 2019
bendo75:

Thank you. In the past some of us have gently reminded these folks not to reveal their financial status here because 1. they open themselves up to attacks from criminals who are all over social media profiling and we don’t want that 2. it is immaterial to the discussion here and very toxic as folks start fighting over who is richer 3. As a behavioral therapist , I would say it’s a sign of interior emptiness and poverty of mind.

In 2012, Feelamong started this thread and I have never seen him and many other mature minds in this sub reveal or fight over how much they have.

You see what irritates me is that when noobs come here to learn, to ask questions about NTB like I did many years ago, we tell them go read the 1st 10 pages yet we waste time bragging about our net worth. How does that help those noobs coming here to learn about NTB.

The event of Mt.Gox Hack in 2014 or others are there to teach us never to reveal our financial information on social media. If you have lots of money in your bank accounts, don’t tell the public, get yourself a token(soft or hard) for large withdrawals. And if you have lots of BTC and alts, don’t tell the public, buy a hard wallet like Ledger NanoS and store all your coins on it. Don’t leave a lot of your coins on exchanges.

I hope I have not offended anyone here but if I have, I apologize. Let’s get back to the spirit of Feelamong, the founding father of this great family. Peace

These were the points I was alluding to, twice. Too bad people don't read between the lines these days.

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by bendo75(m): 7:20pm On Jun 26, 2019
feelamong:

You nailed it bro.......Nice talks....

from the words you used in expressing our newbies....I can see that you are a Crytos Lord too!

When go call us to come enjoy your Bitcoin loot as Bitcoin dey fly! grin

Hello brother, I really appreciate you a lot. I did not know anything about NTB until I found this sub. Before then, I was just doing fixed deposit. Like I said earlier no need to reveal anything here but I want you to know that financially you have liberated so many folks with this sub myself included. That’s why I want us to keep your spirit alive here for our younger generation.

Again few years ago you mentioned crypto currency on this sub some of us dismissed you and called crypto a scam. You were not going to give up because you actually started a thread on Bitcoin. I followed you and started buying BTC, ETH and few other alts. I use Binance and Coinbase but I store them in hard wallets. I have seen the lows and the highs of crypto. I am a hodlor but when BTC or ETH pamps, I sell and put the gain into NTB.

Thank you again for spreading your knowledge and for empowering so many of us. In 2012 you had a vision to financially empower young Nigerians and I can say you have succeeded. English philosopher Francis Bacon said ‘Knowledge is power’. In appreciation and in your honor , I would like to make a small donation in ETH to a charity that you support. I would appreciate if send me your ETH addresss. God bless.

18 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by missjekyll: 10:11pm On Jun 26, 2019
bendo75:

Hello brother, I really appreciate you a lot. I did not know anything about NTB until I found this sub. Before then, I was just doing fixed deposit. Like I said earlier no need to reveal anything here but I want you to know that financially you have liberated so many folks with this sub myself included. That’s why I want us to keep your spirit alive here for our younger generation.

Again few years ago you mentioned crypto currency on this sub some of us dismissed you and called crypto a scam. You were not going to give up because you actually started a thread on Bitcoin. I followed you and started buying BTC, ETH and few other alts. I use Binance and Coinbase but I store them in hard wallets. I have seen the lows and the highs of crypto. I am a hodlor but when BTC or ETH pamps, I sell and put the gain into NTB.

Thank you again for spreading your knowledge and for empowering so many of us. In 2012 you had a vision to financially empower young Nigerians and I can say you have succeeded. English philosopher Francis Bacon said ‘Knowledge is power’. In appreciation and in your honor , I would like to make a small donation in ETH to a charity that you support. I would appreciate if send me your ETH addresss. God bless.

Is anyone cutting onion at the moment?
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by deepwater(f): 10:16pm On Jun 26, 2019
bendo75:
I don’t know who is the admin for this sub but geez he/she is not doing a good job in controlling the kids that have flooded our sub. Instead of talking about treasury bills, we now have kids here bragging about bs. Keep your nonsense to yourself. Your net worth is immaterial to our discussion here so keep that bs to yourself. Quit making our sub toxic with your bs. I hope these kids will listen and let’s go back talking about treasury bills and how we can all continue to benefit from it.

Comon goan sidon

See your previous post below, coming here now and start talking BS

Guy no allow me reason you mata o, cus I go enter you prapra!

bendo75:

You are absolutely correct. When we advice new folks to read from page one of this sub in order to understand how we arrived here, some of them will become hostile. We have been investing in NTB for several years without any issues but now folks like Gonfreecss1 jump out of the woods to lecture us about risk in NTB. My advice to young people here: Save, save, save and NTB is a zero- risk way to achieve that.

bendo75:

I am not against asking questions here but don’t be mad at folks when they tell you to read previous page(s). If I have been away on this thread for so long, I don’t start reading from the current page when am back but I return to the exact page I last visited. Peace brother.

bendo75:

I don’t blame PMB when he said ‘some Nigerian youths are lazy’. You are insulting folks for telling you to take time to study and be informed of what you are investing in. Now I see why MMM was very successful in Naija.

2 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by bendo75(m): 10:20pm On Jun 26, 2019
deepwater:

Comon goan sidon

Thank you and blessings

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by 12month: 10:52pm On Jun 26, 2019
bendo75:

Thank you and blessings

Best way to answer and keep it cool, av been following this thread for abt 2years and it has helped me much more than i can even say here, i may not comment but i go thru it every single day.
Thanks to d founder of this great thread n big thanks other men here like ahiboilandgas and d rest that sometimes bare it all.
Am sure d real people benefitting frm dis thread do not bring nuisance here but just those that want to show off or act funny sometimes
Lets keep d financial wisdom flowing

6 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by bendo75(m): 11:16pm On Jun 26, 2019
deepwater:

Comon goan sidon

See your previous post below, coming here now and start talking BS

Guy no allow me reason you mata o, cus I go enter you prapra!

Thanks for bringing up my previous posts. I am glad you saved me the time of having to respond to a friend who earlier today said that I have not been part of the discussion on this sub. I ignored him but I am glad you responded on my behalf. I appreciate it.

I do not see any contradiction(s) in my previous posts and today's. I acknowledged today that I have been one of those telling noobs to read previous pages when they ask questions. My reasoning today is, why do we tell noobs to read previous pages when they ask questions yet we waste time talking about our net worth. When I used the plural pronoun 'we', it meant myself included. I post sparingly on social media and some of them I am proud of and some I am not. For your information, I save all my social media posts. So spare yourself the headache of bringing them up for me.

“Guy no allow me reason you mata o, cus I go enter you prapra!” - I could not respond to this because I do not know what you are talking about but I hope you have a beautiful night. God bless

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by deepwater(f): 11:22pm On Jun 26, 2019
bendo75:

Thanks for bringing up my previous posts. I am glad you saved me the time of having to respond to a friend here who earlier said that I have not been part of the discussion on this sub. I ignored him but I am glad you responded on my behalf. I appreciate it

I do not see any contradiction in my previous posts and today's. I acknowledged today that I have been one of those telling noobs to read previous pages when they ask questions. So why do we tell them to do so and not utilize the time to do sometime helpful. When I used the plural pronoun 'we', it meant myself included. I post sparingly on social media and some of them I am proud of and some I am not. For your information, I save all my social media post. So spare yourself the headache of bringing them up for me.

“Guy no allow me reason you mata o, cus I go enter you prapra!” - I could not respond to this because I do not know what you are talking about but I hope you have a beautiful night. God bless

Oga park well

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Nnamz(m): 3:15am On Jun 27, 2019
I have been thinking of the shortest way possible to say this so let me try.

To those saying we are digressing here and people are showing off their net worth, please you are wrong. As someone who came on board when this page was still at 300 and read pretty much 100 pages, and never missed a page from 300 till the current page, I can confidently say that I haven't noticed anyone mention figures here when it wasn't absolutely necessary and related to the topic. Sometimes it is good to mention figures in order to get people motivated (I would give examples but I want to keep this short). Edit: on second thoughts, for example when I said my father with over 4 billion Naira still works, it wasn't to brag on a faceless forum. Rather it was to motivate that young man that 1.7m is not enough reason to get unmotivated to work

I think the people who get mad here are people who feel they cannot comment the same thing and mean it. For example, when Ahiboilandgas comments about his trucks, I wanna say "abeg go sit down everytime truck truck". But instead, I get motivated and tell myself that someday I might be able to brag like him (note that I am not saying he brags. Please read this with a mature mind).

Anyways my point is, rather than hate on people here for commenting and trying to inspire you, let their successes inspire and motivate you to get up at 4am like I did this morning.

12 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by ahiboilandgas: 5:33am On Jun 27, 2019
Nnamz:

To those saying we are digressing here and people are showing off their net worth, please you are wrong. As someone who came on board when this page was still at 300 and read pretty much 100 pages, and never missed a page from 300 till the current page, I can confidently say that I haven't noticed anyone mention figures here when it wasn't absolutely necessary and related to the topic. Sometimes it is good to mention figures in order to get people motivated (I would give examples but I want to keep this short). Edit: on second thoughts, for example when I said my father with over 4 billion Naira still works, it wasn't to brag on a faceless forum. Rather it was to motivate that young man that 1.7m is not enough reason to get unmotivated to work

I think the people who get mad here are people who feel they cannot comment the same thing and mean it. For example, when Ahiboilandgas comments about his trucks, I wanna say "abeg go sit down everytime truck truck". But instead, I get motivated and tell myself that someday I might be able to brag like him (note that I am not saying he brags. Please read this with a mature mind).

Anyways my point is, rather than hate on people here for commenting and trying to inspire you, let their successes inspire and motivate you to get up at 4am like I did this morning.

my truck is meant for comparism of return on investments ,risk vs reward ,depreciation and appreciation based on first hand expirence

13 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by introvertme: 5:43am On Jun 27, 2019
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Sach: 6:51am On Jun 27, 2019
bendo75:

My bitcoins are stuck with usi-tech, any idea how to get them back ....? Thank you.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Viqtour(m): 6:52am On Jun 27, 2019
As a member of the young aspiring billionaires, you either see the "Money Talk" as a show off or Motivation. I see it as a motivation and I will get there with my trucks, BDC's and billions of course.

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by dipoolowoo: 7:15am On Jun 27, 2019

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Nobody: 8:41am On Jun 27, 2019
Time to react: this forum is faceless. I change my username because it won't let me inspire others with facts about my life. With my new username, I come here to share my stories to motivate not only you guys but my humble self. I strive to be like God, when I speak I definitely try within my reach to make it come to pass. You definitely don't know me so why would one think am bragging. I personally don't know and don't want to know anyone here, reason I don't respond to mails from this forum. I also get inspired when I hear success stories, so kindly don't stop the "brag" even if it isn't truth. Am still that billionaire aspirant.

4 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by C505: 8:43am On Jun 27, 2019
Good morning

Please axa mansard mailed me the issuance of commercial papers for Nigerian Breweries tenured 91 & 172 days with a minimum subscription of 5M but the downside is I have no knowledge of commercial papers except MF & TB.

Anyone kind enough to lecture me before I can decide?

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Jobac: 9:35am On Jun 27, 2019
Viqtour:
As a member of the young aspiring billionaires, you either see the "Money Talk" as a show off or Motivation. I see it as a motivation and I will get there with my trucks, BDC's and billions of course.
Thank you my brother. Many big guys here have really inspired us - the newbies. I see no reason why this act of giving back to Nairaland so that others can benefit is seeing as bragging in some quarters. I have never heard of treasure bills in my life not until I entered this thread. I read a few pages and I picked some names and I read most of their comments to learn more and I am happy I did that. Unfortunately, one or two persons that I attacked on this thread based on political differences have made a lot of positive contributions here; I hope these people will still do something here that will stimulate me to commend them and also apologize. From this same thread, I learnt about having dollar account which I also opened a domiciliary account and I saved my first upfront interest after converting to dollar. Now I am researching on bitcoin and when I am ready i will also have some holdings in bitcoins. Let them call it bragging, some of us are learning and saving money from the bragging. Call them kids, na you sabi! The age of Metuselah can never be equalled to the wisdom of Solomon. This same thread, I read about bureau de change, I am discussing with some of my rich friends to try it since they have money. Trucking/Haulage business nko; na on this thread and I am also telling my friends to study the business to see if we can venture into it.
Barrytone:
Time to react: this forum is faceless. I change my username because it won't let me inspire others with facts about my life. With my new username, I come here to share my stories to motivate not only you guys but my humble self. I strive to be like God, when I speak I definitely try within my reach to make it come to pass. You definitely don't know me so why would one think am bragging. I personally don't know and don't want to know anyone here, reason I don't respond to mails from this forum. I also get inspired when I hear success stories, so kindly don't stop the "brag" even if it isn't truth. Am still that billionaire aspirant.
Thank you very much sir for encouraging us to learn how to save money and also make interest. This is a faceless group and I don't see how anybody should be scared to share some money making ventures with us. Only a poor person sees this as bragging. Please our treasury bills mentors, don't be discouraged, continue your good work. I want to be hearing good news and not these Nay Sayers. God bless all the people that have contributed positively to this thread.

6 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Deknight45: 9:37am On Jun 27, 2019
This is to inform you of Commercial Paper issuances for Nigerian Breweries PLC.

Please find below details of the CP;

1 Share

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Jobac: 9:40am On Jun 27, 2019
Deknight45:
This is to inform you of Commercial Paper issuances for Nigerian Breweries PLC.

Please find below details of the CP;
Please sir, is there any thread we can read about commercial paper?
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by bendo75(m): 9:58am On Jun 27, 2019
Sach:

My bitcoins are stuck with usi-tech, any idea how to get them back ....? Thank you.

I am so sorry about that. USI-Tech is a Ponzi scheme. All you can do is to file a report with an anti-fraud agency where you reside but I doubt if they can do much. You can at least try. God bless.

2 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Deknight45: 10:29am On Jun 27, 2019
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) on Commercial Papers

What are Commercial Papers?

Commercial Papers (“CPs”) are unsecured short-term debt instruments issued by corporates to get funds from the public (private individuals, institutional investors, non-governmental organisations, religious bodies etc.) to meet short-term debt obligations such as working capital needs.

How do Commercial Papers work?

CPs are similar to Treasury bills (“T-Bills”) because they are issued at discount rates, which may be paid upfront or capitalized.

For instance, an investor could choose to receive N1m in the future (maturity amount/face value), which would require an ‘upfront’ investment below that face value (for instance N980,000 for a 90-day instrument at 8.0%), or could choose to invest N1m today to receive a ‘capitalized’ return above the investment amount (for instance N1.02m for a 90-day instrument at 8.0%).

What is a True Yield?

The ‘true yield’ is the effective return on investment (ROI). Using a simplified example, if an investor wants to receive N100,000 after a one-year period (365-days) and chooses to invest in a discounted instrument which is offered at a rate of 10%, the investor will pay a discounted value of N90,000 to receive N100,000 at maturity.

The true yield on that investment is not 10.0%. It is in fact 11.1%, calculated as return received as against the initial investment (N10,000/N90,000). This represents the return to the investor if the instrument is held to maturity.

The discount rate is used to calculate the present value of an investment, which differs from the yield on an investment.

Primary and Secondary Market for Commercial Papers

A CP can be purchased either in a primary or secondary market. The primary market is where investors buy financial instruments at issuance, while in the secondary market, investors trade (i.e. buy and sell) instruments purchased at primary market issuances.

The minimum purchase amount in the primary market may vary depending on the issue size. However, the minimum limit is typically set at N5m, while in the secondary market there are no standard lot sizes, but a minimum of N100m should be prepared for any purchase.

The major limitation for the secondary market trading of commercial papers is the illiquidity within the market, given that purchasers of these instruments typically only sell instruments in large volume sizes. Consequently, purchasing CPs is easier in the primary market.

What is the Tenor?

CPs are issued for time periods which match the issuer’s needs, with minimum and maximum tenors of 15 days and 270 days respectively.

What is a Commercial Paper Auction?

In the primary market, the issuer through an Issuing House sells to the market, through a fixed price subscription. Here, market participants signal interest in the issue and commit to purchasing volume sizes over an ‘offer period’ – which typically lasts only a few days.

This process is so because the rate on the issuance is fixed prior to offer to the market. This is unlike the T-Bills primary market issuances which are held in an auction format and investors are allowed to state the yields at which they would be willing to invest.

What do I Benefit from Investing in Commercial Papers?

While CPs in Nigeria are typically issued by blue-chip corporates with impressive track records of financial performance, this does not eliminate credit risk.

The discount rate on the CP is usually reflective of the credit rating of the issuer, which may be gleaned from the magnitude of the difference between the discount rate on a T-Bill with similar maturity and the CP being issued.

Consequently, CPs offer investors the opportunity to purchase better yielding instruments than available on risk-free instruments, if they are willing to take the calculated risk.

How are Commercial Papers different from Treasury Bills?

CPs have similar characteristics to T-Bills, relating to the mode of pricing. However, that is where the similarities end. T-Bills are usually issued by the government through the CBN at auctions which are typically held fortnightly, for fixed tenors of 91-days, 182-days, and 364-days.

Also, the minimum volume to participate in the T-Bills primary market auctions is N50,001,000.0, while secondary markets are very active and flexible relative to lot sizes.

Can I sell before Maturity?

Yes, you can sell CPs before maturity. A major constraint of selling CPs, however, is illiquidity and size of the minimum tradeable volume. Also, the price at which you sell depends on the prevailing interest rate at the time.

Can I rollover my CP Investment?

Usually, the answer is no. This is because a CP issuance is not a periodic auction which provides certainty of another CP investment opportunity. This, however, does not rule out the possibility of a CP investment opportunity at maturity. Nevertheless, when a CP investment matures, it can be rolled over into another money market or fixed income investment such as T-Bills and Bonds.

What are the Other Benefits of Commercial Paper?

Interest earned is tax-exempt
Since certificates are issued for CP investments, they can be used as collateral or as evidence of investment for visa application.

How Can I Buy Commercial Papers?

To purchase Commercial Papers, you can contact your account officer or send an email to brokerageteam@afrinvest.com

Lagos: Adedoyin: +234 809 778 3100

Port Harcourt: Taiwo: +234 808 718 4771

Abuja: Bola: +234 909 504 1827

Jobac:

Please sir, is there any thread we can read about commercial paper?
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Deknight45: 11:20am On Jun 27, 2019
You can also check the link below;

https://www.nairaland.com/5268211/commercial-papers-cps-how-too#79712664

Deknight45:
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) on Commercial Papers

What are Commercial Papers?

Commercial Papers (“CPs”) are unsecured short-term debt instruments issued by corporates to get funds from the public (private individuals, institutional investors, non-governmental organisations, religious bodies etc.) to meet short-term debt obligations such as working capital needs.

How do Commercial Papers work?

CPs are similar to Treasury bills (“T-Bills”) because they are issued at discount rates, which may be paid upfront or capitalized.

For instance, an investor could choose to receive N1m in the future (maturity amount/face value), which would require an ‘upfront’ investment below that face value (for instance N980,000 for a 90-day instrument at 8.0%), or could choose to invest N1m today to receive a ‘capitalized’ return above the investment amount (for instance N1.02m for a 90-day instrument at 8.0%).

What is a True Yield?

The ‘true yield’ is the effective return on investment (ROI). Using a simplified example, if an investor wants to receive N100,000 after a one-year period (365-days) and chooses to invest in a discounted instrument which is offered at a rate of 10%, the investor will pay a discounted value of N90,000 to receive N100,000 at maturity.

The true yield on that investment is not 10.0%. It is in fact 11.1%, calculated as return received as against the initial investment (N10,000/N90,000). This represents the return to the investor if the instrument is held to maturity.

The discount rate is used to calculate the present value of an investment, which differs from the yield on an investment.

Primary and Secondary Market for Commercial Papers

A CP can be purchased either in a primary or secondary market. The primary market is where investors buy financial instruments at issuance, while in the secondary market, investors trade (i.e. buy and sell) instruments purchased at primary market issuances.

The minimum purchase amount in the primary market may vary depending on the issue size. However, the minimum limit is typically set at N5m, while in the secondary market there are no standard lot sizes, but a minimum of N100m should be prepared for any purchase.

The major limitation for the secondary market trading of commercial papers is the illiquidity within the market, given that purchasers of these instruments typically only sell instruments in large volume sizes. Consequently, purchasing CPs is easier in the primary market.

What is the Tenor?

CPs are issued for time periods which match the issuer’s needs, with minimum and maximum tenors of 15 days and 270 days respectively.

What is a Commercial Paper Auction?

In the primary market, the issuer through an Issuing House sells to the market, through a fixed price subscription. Here, market participants signal interest in the issue and commit to purchasing volume sizes over an ‘offer period’ – which typically lasts only a few days.

This process is so because the rate on the issuance is fixed prior to offer to the market. This is unlike the T-Bills primary market issuances which are held in an auction format and investors are allowed to state the yields at which they would be willing to invest.

What do I Benefit from Investing in Commercial Papers?

While CPs in Nigeria are typically issued by blue-chip corporates with impressive track records of financial performance, this does not eliminate credit risk.

The discount rate on the CP is usually reflective of the credit rating of the issuer, which may be gleaned from the magnitude of the difference between the discount rate on a T-Bill with similar maturity and the CP being issued.

Consequently, CPs offer investors the opportunity to purchase better yielding instruments than available on risk-free instruments, if they are willing to take the calculated risk.

How are Commercial Papers different from Treasury Bills?

CPs have similar characteristics to T-Bills, relating to the mode of pricing. However, that is where the similarities end. T-Bills are usually issued by the government through the CBN at auctions which are typically held fortnightly, for fixed tenors of 91-days, 182-days, and 364-days.

Also, the minimum volume to participate in the T-Bills primary market auctions is N50,001,000.0, while secondary markets are very active and flexible relative to lot sizes.

Can I sell before Maturity?

Yes, you can sell CPs before maturity. A major constraint of selling CPs, however, is illiquidity and size of the minimum tradeable volume. Also, the price at which you sell depends on the prevailing interest rate at the time.

Can I rollover my CP Investment?

Usually, the answer is no. This is because a CP issuance is not a periodic auction which provides certainty of another CP investment opportunity. This, however, does not rule out the possibility of a CP investment opportunity at maturity. Nevertheless, when a CP investment matures, it can be rolled over into another money market or fixed income investment such as T-Bills and Bonds.

What are the Other Benefits of Commercial Paper?

Interest earned is tax-exempt
Since certificates are issued for CP investments, they can be used as collateral or as evidence of investment for visa application.

How Can I Buy Commercial Papers?

To purchase Commercial Papers, you can contact your account officer or send an email to brokerageteam@afrinvest.com

Lagos: Adedoyin: +234 809 778 3100

Port Harcourt: Taiwo: +234 808 718 4771

Abuja: Bola: +234 909 504 1827

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by anjilgreat(f): 12:34pm On Jun 27, 2019
Nnamz:

You don't need to explain yourself, the example you sited to that young man on your dads work passion was just a perfect answer he needed to motivate him. I wanted to reply him writing an epistle on self motivation and setting financial goals in life until I saw your perfect answer to him.

I think there is a need for us in this forum to use our discretion to differentiate an honest opinion from an otherwise one. I am sure the corper you were addressing got the message. The truth is that such comment cannot be a digression from T.B discussion but rather a motivation to never be satisfied with our achievement in life but always strive higher. Thanks.

6 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by ahiboilandgas: 12:40pm On Jun 27, 2019
Is seem most rich people (hard work ) don't spend any how are timid ....i built my house around 10 years ago using the latest roofing sheet and design around 5000 per square meter but now I have several house with 3 d design and roof gutter littering my street ,intimidating me am tempted to tear off my roof and redesign my house

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by ahiboilandgas: 12:45pm On Jun 27, 2019
Suprisely I was driving round an old Neigbour hood where the real moneys bag resident with very large houses men in their 70 I then saw on very wealthy ibo man that is the biggest iron rod dealer in Nigeria (may be) house I used to know the man when I was a kid he was very rich and built that house around 1989 ,he has around 52 houses according to an estate agent

2 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by billtommy(m): 12:50pm On Jun 27, 2019
good afternoon house, can someone advise us as regards the lastest secondary market rates? preferably from first and Stanbic?
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by ahiboilandgas: 12:50pm On Jun 27, 2019
Suprisely the man's roof is ordinary zinc but a mansion with gutters design but the zinc is visible ,So I said to my self if cheif that can buy my entire Neighbourhood plus us only paints his house every 5 years all white with nice gardens but everthing is still same since 1989 ...it struck me I threw away the renovation quotation went straight to the bank invested in tb ,used the interest to paint and arrange the garden ,put up some external lighting ....

10 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by HeliosHay(m): 12:54pm On Jun 27, 2019
ahiboilandgas:
Suprisely the man roof is it ordinary zinc but a mansion with gutters but the zinc is visible ,So I said to my self of cheif that can buy my entire Neighbourhood plus us ...the only paint the house every 5 year all white with nice garden but everthing was still the 1989 own ...it struck me I threw away the renovation quotation ,called my painter and gardener ..just paint after receiving the interest on amount I budgeted for the renovation

That's understandable.

I think when one gets to a certain level of wealth, the joy no longer comes from spending to impress others but rather it comes from knowing one has the financial wherewithal to do whatever they want.

11 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by ahiboilandgas: 12:56pm On Jun 27, 2019
This how the mind of an investor work ,dangote head office is a rented building cos alhaji can't comprehend why he should buy the unions building for 10 bn while he can use same to build a spaghetti factory that can generate money to rent the building ,pay salary and profit

11 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by deepwater(f): 1:11pm On Jun 27, 2019
ahiboilandgas:
Suprisely the man roof is it ordinary zinc but a mansion with gutters but the zinc is visible ,So I said to my self of cheif that can buy my entire Neighbourhood plus us ...the only paint the house every 5 year all white with nice garden but everthing was still the 1989 own ...it struck me I threw away the renovation quotation ,called my painter and gardener ..just paint after receiving the interest on amount I budgeted for the renovation

Every time i struggle to go through you post, i believe you have a message to pass but same is being distorted for some reasons i cant figure out.
Mayb u calm down when typing

6 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by ahiboilandgas: 2:21pm On Jun 27, 2019
deepwater:

Every time i struggle to go through you post, i believe you have a message to pass but same is being distorted for some reasons i cant figure out.
oops sorry , the phone characters are small hence I don't re check for errors or spelling mistakes

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by ahiboilandgas: 2:25pm On Jun 27, 2019
deepwater:

let me re type it... if cheif with all his wealth has refuse to change the roofing of his mansion built in 1989 ,with gutter design and visible zinc roofing sheets and only repaint his house ever 5 years and maintain his vast garden

5 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (809) (810) (811) (812) (813) (814) (815) ... (2230) (Reply)

Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts

Viewing this topic: Akby(m), Edukpo and 4 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 113
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.