Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,839 members, 7,810,225 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 12:51 AM

Treasury Bills In Nigeria - Investment (815) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Treasury Bills In Nigeria (4429836 Views)

Fixed Deposits Or Treasury Bills, Which Is Better? / Fixed Deposit And Treasury Bill Investments From Abroad / I Need Information On Treasury Bills In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (812) (813) (814) (815) (816) (817) (818) ... (2228) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Jejebabaa: 2:06pm On Jun 28, 2019
lancee:

Exactly thats what they want to see ..That was a good deal for Personal loan mostly comes from 6% upwards

Yeah, you are absolutely right even if you have excellent credit score above 720 sef but you get discount if you mandate autopay and some other things that can make your APR go lower.

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by lancee(m): 2:11pm On Jun 28, 2019
Jejebabaa:

Yeah, you are absolutely right even if you have excellent credit score above 720 sef but you get discount if you mandate autopay and some other things that can make your APR go lower.

U re right
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Bamz(m): 2:44pm On Jun 28, 2019
Jejebabaa:

There is no way, the bank loan will go as high as 20% per annum except its credit cards loan. I applied for bank loan already and its less than 4% per annum. I am only curious to know the bank ahiboilandgas is referring to 0.1% to chop for it.

GTB quick loan is 21% pa

3 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by temi4fash(m): 3:33pm On Jun 28, 2019
Bamz:

GTB quick loan is 21% pa

Dats high oo...

Which business can one do with this and break even.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Bamz(m): 3:35pm On Jun 28, 2019
temi4fash:

Dats high oo...

Which business can one do with this and break even.

Any job that can earn you above 1.75% monthly cheesy
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by temi4fash(m): 3:38pm On Jun 28, 2019
Bamz:

Any job that can earn you above 1.75% monthly cheesy

It's not child's play oo
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by PETERiCHY(m): 4:18pm On Jun 28, 2019
waley007:
thanks so.much for the input , I think I will go for the first advise , get the land and fence , will be left with 18m to invest in the TB , thank God I came here , would have gone to build the house and get a car for myself, establish a small biz before thinking of investing in the TB

Since you budget 2m for land & fencing. I will advice you invest all the 20m in TB for 365days tenor then use the 12% upfront interest which is be equivalent to N2.4m to execute your project whereas your 20m capital will still be intact.

28 Likes 1 Share

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Bamz(m): 4:20pm On Jun 28, 2019
From recent research, 2017 was a really good year for Tbills. I really do not see a trend per se from 2016 up until now but I reckon market forces and government policies have a major role to play.

Using stop rates only within all 3 fixed tenors,

2016 - rates went between 4% - 19%
2017 - rates went between 13% - 19%
2018 - rates were below 15%
2019 - So far, we've seen rates between 9% - 15%

PS. I rounded the figures to the nearest integer.

I think it's a crime to lock down on 364 with anything less than 15%, it's better to opt for 182, and see how things turn out after maturity.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Jobac: 5:09pm On Jun 28, 2019
Bamz:
From recent research, 2017 was a really good year for Tbills. I really do not see a trend per se from 2016 up until now but I reckon market forces and government policies have a major role to play.

Using stop rates only within all 3 fixed tenors,

2016 - rates went between 4% - 19%
2017 - rates went between 13% - 19%
2018 - rates were below 15%
2019 - So far, we've seen rates between 9% - 15%

PS. I rounded the figures to the nearest integer.

I think it's a crime to lock down on 364 with anything less than 15%, it's better to opt for 182, and see how things turn out after maturity.
I can't believe that some people have enjoyed 15% and 19% interest in the past! A quick check showed that things were so bad in the country during that period.

Please gurus in the house, Is there a way the interest can go up to those period quoted above and it will not have any adverse effects on our economy?

3 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Pharmtj: 5:56pm On Jun 28, 2019
PETERiCHY:

Since you budget 2m for land & fencing. I will advice you invest all the 20m in TB for 365days tenor then use the 12% upfront interest which is be equivalent to N2.4m to execute your project whereas your 20m capital will still be intact.
Gbam,

in fact too much senses will not key you .

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by PETERiCHY(m): 5:59pm On Jun 28, 2019
Jobac:

I can't believe that some people have enjoyed 15% and 19% interest in the past! A quick check showed that things were so bad in the country during that period.

Please gurus in the house, Is there a way the interest can go up to those period quoted above and it will not have any adverse effects on our economy?

I got precisely 18.65% interest on 365days tenor mid Dec 2016 primary auction via fidelitybk all thank to Buharieconomics aka CHANGE now we await what NEXT LEVEL has in stock for us......

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by HeliosHay(m): 6:11pm On Jun 28, 2019
One Of My Fav Books On Personal Finance

The Art of Money Getting by P.T Barnum

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i7AKsLpxZTU

Enjoy!

2 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by mackengift: 6:30pm On Jun 28, 2019
This vessel and barge are for sell

Name: MT GODSHAND
weight: 12000t
Price: 3.5m dollars net to owner plus 5 percent to facilitators

Weight: 7900 tonne barge
Name: RTC 90
price: 130m

Call me on 08170496387
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by 2eggs1goal: 7:10pm On Jun 28, 2019
mackengift:
This vessel and barge are for sell

Name: MT GODSHAND
weight: 12000t
Price: 3.5m dollars net to owner plus 5 percent to facilitators

Weight: 7900 tonne barge
Name: RTC 90
price: 130m

Call me on 08170496387
Where is the picture of it Mr seller
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by OgogoroFreak(m): 8:31pm On Jun 28, 2019
partnerbizz5:
Please will COZA pastor's rape accusation by Dakolo affect Tbill rates? sad shocked cool
Yes, yes o! We are expecting 37% for 364 days tenure.

5 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by phunix: 10:09pm On Jun 28, 2019
In the news that CBN wants to reduce money from the system - too much Naira in circulation.
Good or bad news for Tbills?
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by waley007(m): 11:29pm On Jun 28, 2019
PETERiCHY:

OK thanks for the advice
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by damilola1978: 8:08am On Jun 29, 2019
Bamz:

GTB quick loan is 21% pa
he was referring to loan in North America and not in Naija
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Nobody: 9:12am On Jun 29, 2019
Good day everyone, which bank has the best interest rate for treasury bills
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by ositadima1(m): 9:23am On Jun 29, 2019
shocked

Interesting site with lots of infographics

https://howmuch.net/

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by chigo4u: 9:56am On Jun 29, 2019
ositadima1:
shocked

Interesting site with lots of infographics

https://howmuch.net/
Interesting figures, US is really something else with the money. UK is overrated to me lol
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by missjekyll: 10:39am On Jun 29, 2019
chigo4u:

Interesting figures, US is really something else with the money. UK is overrated to me lol

The uk is a tiny little island. I really dont know how they even managed to go into the g7. The English channel probably had a lot to do with that.

The us is nearly a full continent.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by cooldudeng(m): 10:46am On Jun 29, 2019
Equity funds is based on your risk appetite

The funds are actually invested in the stock market and I would say the NSE has experienced some real bashing lately. Stock are currently at their lowest even with good financial reports being churned out by these coys

The current government has been unable to restore foreign investors’ confidence hence we are not really seeing FDI to help push up the market

Personally, I’ve gotten my fingers burnt investing in NSE. My portfolio is currently down 43% which is quite significant considering the amount I invested. If tables were turned. I would have just stayed in the money market were interest rate are fixed

Even Axa Mansard is currently reporting a -5% decline on their equity funds. For me, safety of principal is paramount. I can’t work and now lose my investment. I’m fine with the 11-12% I currently seeing on T-bills

I know it’s debatable that since inflation is currently hovering around same figure that net I’m not making much.

However, my reason for investment is more for saving and safeguarding my principal pending when I have the time to fully retire and go into my own thing. It won’t be bad to also make some good interest while at it. Also there’s the 72 rule. (72/interest rate) gives u the average time in years to double your initial investment when compounding.

So, you really need to be clear on why you are investing and possibly the end game too.

My 2 cents

Caveat: I’m not a financial adviser. I’m just some regular Joe that’s explaining things from my own perspective.

Acidosis:

Please, what are your thoughts about Equity Fund (I understand there are different types of mutual funds). Knowing it has the greatest risk, is it something you would recommend in this dispensation?

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by cooldudeng(m): 10:47am On Jun 29, 2019
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Jafsent30(m): 11:09am On Jun 29, 2019
ahiboilandgas:
But if u choose to do tb
Please I think you're the only person that can answer my question since no one have ever respond to it
Do you have any idea about how to in treasury bill abroad like turkey or USA or Europe cause they have better rates than nigeria even after taxes but nobody here is even talking about it
Like the procedures and how to get your money back after maturity
I'm well aware of the risk and stuffs but there's no guide on investment from nigeria in these foreign countries and forget those trading scam apps I've tried few and they almost made me cry so I don't want to use it again
I was thinking about getting a visa and going to turkey myself or egypt to inquire but I don't know if you guys have a knowledge about it and we can all help each other
Please anyone with anything that can help should share
Thanks

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Acidosis(m): 2:00pm On Jun 29, 2019
cooldudeng:
Equity funds is based on your risk appetite

The funds are actually invested in the stock market and I would say the NSE has experienced some real bashing lately. Stock are currently at their lowest even with good financial reports being churned out by these coys

The current government has been unable to restore foreign investors’ confidence hence we are not really seeing FDI to help push up the market

Personally, I’ve gotten my fingers burnt investing in NSE. My portfolio is currently down 43% which is quite significant considering the amount I invested. If tables were turned. I would have just stayed in the money market were interest rate are fixed

Even Axa Mansard is currently reporting a -5% decline on their equity funds. For me, safety of principal is paramount. I can’t work and now lose my investment. I’m fine with the 11-12% I currently seeing on T-bills

I know it’s debatable that since inflation is currently hovering around same figure that net I’m not making much.

However, my reason for investment is more for saving and safeguarding my principal pending when I have the time to fully retire and go into my own thing. It won’t be bad to also make some good interest while at it. Also there’s the 72 rule. (72/interest rate) gives u the average time in years to double your initial investment when compounding.

So, you really need to be clear on why you are investing and possibly the end game too.

My 2 cents

Caveat: I’m not a financial adviser. I’m just some regular Joe that’s explaining things from my own perspective.

Hmn thanks for the insight. Very grateful
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Nnamz(m): 2:02pm On Jun 29, 2019
Jafsent30:

Please I think you're the only person that can answer my question since no one have ever respond to it
Do you have any idea about how to in treasury bill abroad like turkey or USA or Europe cause they have better rates than nigeria even after taxes but nobody here is even talking about it
Like the procedures and how to get your money back after maturity
I'm well aware of the risk and stuffs but there's no guide on investment from nigeria in these foreign countries and forget those trading scam apps I've tried few and they almost made me cry so I don't want to use it again
I was thinking about getting a visa and going to turkey myself or egypt to inquire but I don't know if you guys have a knowledge about it and we can all help each other
Please anyone with anything that can help should share
Thanks
God please when I grow up, I want to be able to get a visa just to travel to a country to make inquiry on their treasury bills. I see what you're doing for others. Do same for me grin grin

7 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by ukay2: 2:16pm On Jun 29, 2019
About the most inspiring piece with very precise illustrations to drive home the point

MUCH RESPECT TO WHOEVER WROTE THIS ARTICLE

__It is a mistake to think time is going. Time is not going. Time is here until the world ends. It is you that is going. You don’t waste time. Time is infinite. You waste yourself. You are finite. It is you that grovws old and die. Time doesn’t. So make better use of yourself before you expire. And one of the worst things to do with time is comparing yourself to others. A cow eats grass and gets fat but if dog eats grass, it will die. Never compare yourself with others. Run your race. What works for one person may be that which will kill you. Focus on the gifts and talents God gave you and don’t be envious of the blessings He gave others_ .

Both Lion and Shark are professional hunters, BUT:
A Lion cannot hunt in the Ocean and a Shark cannot hunt in the jungle
That a Lion cannot hunt in the ocean doesn't make him useless and that a Shark cannot hunt in the jungle doesn't also make him useless both have their own territory where they can do well

If a rose smells better than tomatoes, It doesn't mean the rose can make a better stew. Don't try to compare yourself to others. You also have your own strength, look for it and build on it. All animals that exist, were in Noah's ark. A snail is one of those animals. If God could wait long enough for snails to enter Noah's ark; His door of grace won't close till you reach your expected position in life. Never look down on yourself, keep looking up. Remember that Broken crayons still colour.
_Keep on pushing, you never can tell how close you are to your goal...!

25 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by ogawisdom(m): 3:28pm On Jun 29, 2019
Barrytone:
My response to the discuss. Don't like quoting people so I avoid fights: I regret building my house. I want my moneys to work for me and not me working for money. I dumped about 35m on my building instead of investing and using the interest for rent while waiting for such time I will garner billions then I buy a house in "banana island". For the upcoming investors I advise you don't make my mistake. Don't believe like I did that property is the greatest investment. I used to live in property section but now I know better, I live here. Thanks for the knowledge shared

I see a lot of wisdom in this especially wasting millions building mantion in the village for lizard n rats in the name of aku luo unu ( make money reach home town). Building is highly capital intensive and should be done when one has enough cash flow from his investment to do so.

Building personal homes with seed capital n savings is a mistake that many are making when they could have invested same n pay rent from their ROl very easily until they are ready.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by ositadima1(m): 4:55pm On Jun 29, 2019
chigo4u:

Nigeria at 20 just behind SA, that's impressive. Most of North Africa was not covered, I wonder why.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Giantbear: 8:23pm On Jun 29, 2019
Good evening Investors.
I m interested in investing.I dont even know where to start from.
Have read some pages and am still lost.
Dont even know the minimum to start with.Is it 100,000 or 1M
I need any assistance i can get.

(1) (2) (3) ... (812) (813) (814) (815) (816) (817) (818) ... (2228) (Reply)

Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.