Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,757 members, 7,817,092 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:51 AM

Treasury Bills In Nigeria - Investment (836) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Treasury Bills In Nigeria (4440023 Views)

Fixed Deposits Or Treasury Bills, Which Is Better? / Fixed Deposit And Treasury Bill Investments From Abroad / I Need Information On Treasury Bills In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (833) (834) (835) (836) (837) (838) (839) ... (2229) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by yemmit90: 7:15pm On Jul 22, 2019
needful:

You still didnt get my point. I didnt buy a land in a swampy area as u said. Besides, PHC is not Lagos that is full of swamps. I said the road got terribly bad thereby forcing people out of that area. So u mean to tell me that u do not consider road network when buying a land? Bros, I no sure say u live in naija.

Ok, i got your point now. This is quite infortunate, just pray they repair the road soonest. Dont sell it please, they will eventually repair it.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by needful: 7:18pm On Jul 22, 2019
yemmit90:

Ok, i got your point now. This is quite infortunate, just pray they repair the road soonest. Dont sell it please, they will eventually repair it.

Bros I need money
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by yemmit90: 7:20pm On Jul 22, 2019
needful:

Bros I need money

It would've been better if you get it somewhere else and leave the land for now.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Acidosis(m): 7:39pm On Jul 22, 2019
yemmit90:

We are talking about land at vastly develop area, so 4M is enough to do all this.

Your calculation is wrong, 4m in TB at 13.57% interest in 7 years can only give you about 3.7m after charges.

No, it is not a terrible investment, land appreciate rapidly if you get it at good location, even ones at less attractive location are doing well in term of values. With C of O and fencing, it will be difficult for anyone to sell it without your consent[ you can also find someone to farm on it, so that the person will serves as your informant if you dont live in that city]. You can also write everywhere on the fence[ THIS LAND IS NOT FOR SELL, BEWARE OF 419 with your number]. Besides, i just used 8M as mere example, you can even make 1000% in some cases.

I have more than 30 personal examples i can give you but let me just use these two as example; A land bought at 60k per plot at Orita challenge Ibadan was sold for 5.8M a plot after 11 years. Another one at oluyole extension in Ibadan, i was personally being offered to buy it at 150k then but refused. Barely 4 years later, the said land was sold for 3M. Except they scam you by selling at above current land price in that location, you will always make a good profit on it.

To be honest with you sir, i never in my life sees any good land at developing area depreciates in value.

I don't get you, do you mean to say a land acquired at N4m in 7 years will yield a ROI of N8m (totalling N12m)?

I don't see that happening unless your investment is based on prophetic permutations. I'm more of a realist bro, and besides, 4m cannot get a "hot cake" piece in a vastly developed area. Where you can get such is probably a developing town where most of the dwellers can't afford such.

I don't see 4m getting a plot of land with CofO in any part of Lagos. At that amount, you sure can get in one of the bother towns, and trust me, the competition in these areas will keep you searching for a buyer for at least a year unless you're selling at a ridiculously cheap offer. There are too many real estate offers even on this section, with many of them allowing buyers to spread payment for at least a year. ADRON even allows payment for 5 years.

As per my calculation, it is 100% correct based on the principle of compounding interest.

Your examples are well noted no doubt but those are rare circumstances.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Nobody: 10:31pm On Jul 22, 2019
yemmit90:

You probably made a very bad deal when you got it. I wont say more about this, those with vast knowledge about land investment knows better.

My God bless all of us.

You just echoed the summary. It's a bad deal. Am unlucky like you that buys 2m and sells 20m.
The road got worst, I can't even drive in again. My neighbor needed access after to major road and believed that my land is the shortcut because am AWOL. They lied when they say land only appreciate, land definitely depreciates too, Only go for what works for you. Me and land ain't working out.

3 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by condomuser: 11:23pm On Jul 22, 2019
Gone are the days when they tell you "Land keeps appreciating", the insecurity in naija doesn't allow for lots of diversity in landed properties today. It is better to buy property in a choice location with COfO at reasonable price than go and buy land inside a bush and wait 20 years for development to enter the area, often at-times stories go begin enter the land.

Greedy men everywia, I rather eat my sweat than allow some local land re-sellers use my money to drink pepper soup.

I recently sold a land that i bough at N3m in ibeju Lekki in 2011 at N3.5 million due to stories that were sounding like pasuma music to my ears, i have decided to eat peppersoup with the money until it finishes. A plate of peppersoup currently goes for N1,200, that means i can eat 2,916 plates of peppersoup grin.

18 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by needful: 2:36am On Jul 23, 2019
[quote author=condomuser post=80536366]Gone are the days when they tell you "Land keeps appreciating", the insecurity in naija doesn't allow for lots of diversity in landed properties today. It is better to buy property in a choice location with COfO at reasonable price than go and buy land inside a bush and wait 20 years for development to enter the area, often at-times stories go begin enter the land.

Greedy men everywia, I rather eat my sweat than allow some local land re-sellers use my money to drink pepper soup.

I recently sold a land that i bough at N3m in ibeju Lekki in 2011 at N3.5 million due to stories that were sounding like pasuma music to my ears, i have decided to eat peppersoup with the money until it finishes. A plate of peppersoup currently goes for N1,200, that means i can eat 2,916 plates of peppersoup grin.

[/quoted bought a land for N3m in 2011 and sold it for 3.5m in 2019. Waste of investment bro. If u had invest it in bond at 10% since 2011, u would made a good money even without compounding. I can vividly see the reason why u sold to drink pepper soup. But pls, I will be interested in that pepper soup oooo. Not really asking for much. Just 5plates is enough for me. U funny shaa

4 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by dipoolowoo: 3:44am On Jul 23, 2019
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Onyi2728(f): 4:32am On Jul 23, 2019
You are not even serious at all. cheesy
keep some peppersoup for us oooh

condomuser:
Gone are the days when they tell you "Land keeps appreciating", the insecurity in naija doesn't allow for lots of diversity in landed properties today. It is better to buy property in a choice location with COfO at reasonable price than go and buy land inside a bush and wait 20 years for development to enter the area, often at-times stories go begin enter the land.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Onyi2728(f): 4:38am On Jul 23, 2019
Meanwhile. this is the rate from Access bank as of yesterday. Does anyone knows which bank has something better. I also email zenith bank, awaiting their rates as well. undecided

TENOR MATURITY RATE
73 DAYS October 03, 2019 8.50%
94 DAYS October 24, 2019 9.00%
178 DAYS January 16, 2020 10.00%
206 DAYS February 13, 2020 10.35%
227 DAYS March 05, 2020 10.75%

4 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Onyi2728(f): 4:58am On Jul 23, 2019
Hi everyone..
Please when is the next TB auction date?

Do i wait for it or go ahead with this low rate. I am aware the banks do sell secondary market. What is the best way to get the primary rates and through what means.

Thanks for your response.

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by ositadima1(m): 10:38am On Jul 23, 2019
needful:
I also bought a land in town of MCC road owerri for 10million and did other expenses on it to secure it properly well. Everything I spent on it is $12m. Is for sale now. And what i have gotten so far as offers is $13.5m. I bought this land in 2016 when TB and Bond were 16 to 19% respectively. If I had invested this money then in TB or Bond with compounding, as at today , i should be seeing above $18m. Am regretting it till today. So am going to sell it immediately at 13.5m and do something better with the capital.

I never knew there are landed properties worth millions of dollars in Owerri, I learn every day o.

By the way, if I had 12 million USDs, i would simply invest it in the USA in a robust S&P 500 index fund at annual return of 7%, and live happily for the rest of my days.

2 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by NL1960: 10:44am On Jul 23, 2019
ositadima1:

I never knew there are landed properties worth millions of dollars in Owerri, I learn every day o.

Do you know what it is to have a property close to one of the statues Rochas built?. grin cheesy

5 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Pascopele: 3:08pm On Jul 23, 2019
The rate stated up, are they not primary markets rates?
Onyi2728:
Hi everyone..

Do i wait for it or go ahead with this low rate. I am aware the banks do sell secondary market. What is the best way to get the primary rates and through what means.

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by needful: 4:10pm On Jul 23, 2019
ositadima1:

By the way, if I had 12 million USDs, i would simply invest it in the USA in a robust S&P 500 index fund at annual return of 7%, and live happily for the rest of my days.

Typo error. Is 12m oga, replace $ with N. We that live outside for long are used to our currency there

4 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Nobody: 5:40pm On Jul 23, 2019
Pls guys when are we going to bid for TB is it this week or next week
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by kryptem: 6:41pm On Jul 23, 2019
lilee2hot:
Treasury Bills in a layman's term is a risk free investment which involves you giving your money to the government. It is one of the safest investments to do & yours truly have been involved in it since my banking days. Most banks will not tell you about Treasury Bill's because once you apply for treasury bills the money leaves the bank's balance sheet totally. So they will ask you to do Fix deposit, then they will use your money for treasury bills & give you a lower rate. For example if treasury Bills is 10%. They will do Treasury Bills at 10% & give you 3% in fix deposit & take 7%. Stay Woke!!! Then if your money is in current account, lobatan!!! You get nothing. Savings account can get like 1-2%. If you are like me that is always looking for multiple sources of income then this lecture is for you. @i.investng app powered by sterling bank has made things easy for prospective treasury bill investors. Download the app & do the following
1. Register
2. Check your email for code & input
3. Login
4. Then click on start investing
5. Click on Treasury Bills
6. Then you will see the different tenures available. Pick the number of days that suits you & interest rate you like. Incase you have future use for the money.
7. Input the amount you want to invest (minimum is #100,000)
8. Click to view your return on investment (If you think the amount is small then trying leaving your money in the bank). They will help you chop that small amount for you.
9 You can see your maturity date etc
10. You need to fund the app. Click to fund the app
11. You can fund your I-invest app via internet bank
12. Make sure you update your KYC (Know your customer). You need a passport photograph, evidence of address (Utility bill) & an Identity card.
13. You can terminate your investment at anytime & take your money bank.
14. Remember your interest is paid upfront so make sure you update your documents so you can withdraw easily.
This is a simplified form of banking done by oneself in the comfort of one's home. Ask your questions in the comment section and I will respond or send a DM to @i.investng on Instagram for further clarification. Thank you!!!
Well, I think you are wrong on the assertion that they pay interest upfront. What is available on the app is daily additions of interest withdrawable at end of tenor. Please, I want to know how one can make upfront withdrawal of interest on the app..
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Nobody: 8:05pm On Jul 23, 2019
I think the best is primary market
kryptem:

Well, I think you are wrong on the assertion that they pay interest upfront. What is available on the app is daily additions of interest withdrawable at end of tenor. Please, I want to know how one can make upfront withdrawal of interest on the app..
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by kcwitch(m): 6:26am On Jul 24, 2019
Please which page should I check for a newbie who wants to start?
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by emmasoft(m): 7:45am On Jul 24, 2019
Onyi2728:
Hi everyone..

Just a week from today 31st July 2019.
Wait perhaps if there could be respite as per rates.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by emmasoft(m): 7:49am On Jul 24, 2019
kcwitch:
Please which page should I check for a newbie who wants to start?

Read pages 1 - 10. check and read about TB on Nairametrics, proshare, continue to follow this thread and ask questions you will be fine.

2 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Deknight45: 10:14am On Jul 24, 2019

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by shogbenga: 11:43am On Jul 24, 2019
Pls I received this from stanbic regarding my bond investment. Could the gurus kindly explain what nominal, consideration, clean price and dirty price mean. I want to be sure that the deal is in my favour. Thanks
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by shogbenga: 11:55am On Jul 24, 2019
This is from stanbic

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by shogbenga: 11:56am On Jul 24, 2019
How much would I be entitled to annually. Thanks
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Breadfruit: 11:58am On Jul 24, 2019
Tbills was sold in GTB yesterday. 191 days at 1O percent. Secondary market. Is it OK?

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by DaBogu: 12:50pm On Jul 24, 2019
No, it's not ok.
Breadfruit:
Tbills was sold in GTB yesterday. 191 days at 1O percent. Secondary market. Is it OK?
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by HeliosHay(m): 1:02pm On Jul 24, 2019
shogbenga:
How much would I be entitled to annually. Thanks
shogbenga:
This is from stanbic

I'm not sure what they mean by consideration (I'm guessing the nominal price minus their commission)

I think you'll earn approx. N495,893 per year (Using the considered bond value)

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by DaBogu: 1:10pm On Jul 24, 2019
FOR HOW MANY YEARS?
HeliosHay:

I'm not sure what they mean by consideration (I'm guessing the nominal price minus their commission)

I think you'll earn approx. N495,893 per year (Using the considered bond value)
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by shogbenga: 1:18pm On Jul 24, 2019
3,999,131.09 was deducted from my account in addition to about 38k for keeping the bond
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by HeliosHay(m): 1:29pm On Jul 24, 2019
DaBogu:
FOR HOW MANY YEARS?

For 17 years (2019 - 2036)...payments to be made twice a year

I think the first coupon payment of N247,946.5 will be made in September 2019, followed by another in March 2020

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by aremso(m): 1:39pm On Jul 24, 2019
shogbenga:
This is from stanbic

Oga sir, you get mind ooo for 17yrs? If I invest 4m in zenith bank share @ 18.4 the dividend alone for 17yrs will be around 8m + without reinvesting the dividend to compound it if I reivest for more dividend the it will be about 13m. I choose zenith cos that is the life of JO where he gets close to 10billn as dividend every yr so we must chop it together.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (833) (834) (835) (836) (837) (838) (839) ... (2229) (Reply)

Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts

Viewing this topic: Mfunkynation(m)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.