Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,938 members, 7,835,126 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 05:16 AM

Treasury Bills In Nigeria - Investment (870) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Treasury Bills In Nigeria (4465259 Views)

Fixed Deposits Or Treasury Bills, Which Is Better? / Fixed Deposit And Treasury Bill Investments From Abroad / I Need Information On Treasury Bills In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (867) (868) (869) (870) (871) (872) (873) ... (2233) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Grupo(m): 11:07am On Sep 13, 2019
Joy83:
Good day people,

Please for user of i-invest, am I totally safe if I invest even when my KYC is yet to be authenticated?

Thank you!

Be careful

6 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by walcolm(m): 11:08am On Sep 13, 2019
you wont be able to withdraw your money @ maturity if you don't complete your KyC

In terms of security. i-Invest has been around for awhile and people use them without any issues

2 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by reservd(m): 11:10am On Sep 13, 2019
Joy83:
Good day people,

Please for user of i-invest, am I totally safe if I invest even when my KYC is yet to be authenticated?

Thank you!
U wl hv issues when u want to withdraw ur money if ur KYC isn't authenticated by then

3 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Joy83(m): 11:24am On Sep 13, 2019
reservd:

U wl hv issues when u want to withdraw ur money if ur KYC isn't authenticated by then
Please, it takes averagely how long for the authentication?
Thank you for your reply?
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Joy83(m): 11:29am On Sep 13, 2019
I have actually uploaded all documents and details. It takes how long for the authentication to be completed sir? I am eager to invest as soon as possible today, since my bank has been playing me since. I subscribed since last week and I am yet to be debited. I went there yesterday also, and they said I will be debited yesterday.
walcolm:
you wont be able to withdraw your money @ maturity if you don't complete your KyC

In terms of security. i-Invest has been around for awhile and people use them without any issues
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by ojoh002(m): 11:39am On Sep 13, 2019
please is i-Invest a good one
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by reservd(m): 12:14pm On Sep 13, 2019
Joy83:

Please, it takes averagely how long for the authentication?
Thank you for your reply?
Mine was on the 3rd day

2 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Mills55: 12:22pm On Sep 13, 2019
First Bank this morning: 342 days = 11.5% 258 days = 11.2 160 days = 11 118 days = 10.9 104 days = 10.3 76 days = 9.8 55 days = 10 48 days = 9.8 41 days = 9.8 34 days = 9.9

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by ernie4life(m): 12:25pm On Sep 13, 2019
ukay2:
Sir ernie4life and other bond gurus .....in FGN 14.55% APRIL 2029 BOND, last August successful bid was 14.39%, what should I bid for this September auction ...

I also want to know the reason for bidding in bond investment when it's already at 14.55% coupon......

...please kindly explain to me why bidding again....is it the higher I bid for it , the less amount I will pay for the Bond?

Am confused on the reason for bidding for the Bond when it's already at 14.55% for the April 2029 FGN bond. ..

A beg my ogas am still waiting for your explanation.
.Thanks

this is a treasury bill thread, its not right to derail it, there is a thread for bonds.

However you bid bonds during primary auction, just like in Treasury bills primary auction,
ask your banker/broker or financial adviser of how to proceed

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by tijusegele(m): 12:48pm On Sep 13, 2019
Mills55:
First Bank this morning:
342 days = 11.5%
258 days = 11.2
160 days = 11
118 days = 10.9
104 days = 10.3
76 days = 9.8
55 days = 10
48 days = 9.8
41 days = 9.8
34 days = 9.9

Thank for the information but is this for primary or secondary market

2 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Joy83(m): 12:58pm On Sep 13, 2019
reservd:

Mine was on the 3rd day
Please, do you recommend I go ahead to invest?
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by tijusegele(m): 1:14pm On Sep 13, 2019
While is that all banks are not always happy when u want to invest in the TB

They have just been mix reactions both in
Fidelty
FBN

2 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by kamsy4God: 1:25pm On Sep 13, 2019
Stanbic ibtc secondary market rates today :
111days = 11.9%
216days = 12.3%
349days = 13%
I did 111days.

8 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by feelamong(m): 1:26pm On Sep 13, 2019
tijusegele:

Fidelty
FBN

Because your Investments in Tbills takes the funds out of the banks CABAL

They dont like loosing deposits, as that is the power they need to make more money

10 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by DaBogu: 1:28pm On Sep 13, 2019
feelamong:

Because your Investments in Tbills takes the funds out of the banks CABAL

They dont like loosing deposits, as that is the power they need to make more money
There are no cabals in the banking sector.

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by kamsy4God: 1:41pm On Sep 13, 2019
tijusegele:

Fidelty
FBN
You are very right, especially Firstbank they will so frustrate you ,.
They made me move my funds to Stanbic. I must say that stanbic is the best from my experience so far. I just walk in to bank, ask for Tbill form, fill it and it's done. I have been doing this for 3yrs, with stanbic both primary and secondary market.

2 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by amordi: 1:56pm On Sep 13, 2019
kamsy4God:

You are very right, especially Firstbank they will so frustrate you ,.
They made me move my funds to Stanbic. I must say that stanbic is the best from my experience so far. I just walk in to bank, ask for Tbill form, fill it and it's done. I have been doing this for 3yrs, with stanbic both primary and secondary market.
No, not Firstbank. I think GTB is the worst. Some will even claim that they don't know what you are talking about.

4 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Omonigeriarere: 2:06pm On Sep 13, 2019
Joy83:
I have actually uploaded all documents and details. It takes how long for the authentication to be completed sir? I am eager to invest as soon as possible today, since my bank has been playing me since. I subscribed since last week and I am yet to be debited. I went there yesterday also, and they said I will be debited yesterday.

If I talk now, they will come for my head claiming I am an agent of I-Invest without a single due diligence on their part. In the absence of any punitive measure for not honouring instructions given to bank, what can a client do? This was exactly the same reason why I ported to I-Invest and I have never regretted it.

Please don't tell me to complain because when I complained and wrote letters to GT, nobody responded. I even went ahead to copy CBN without any feedback.

For those of you claiming not regulated despite being advertised on Sterling Bank's website, please go to sec.gov.ng, click on capital market operator search on default page and type parthian partners. Also go to CAC.gov.ng and search for same name, you will find out that it is a registered coy since 2012 with RC number 1050107.

This is what I got through personal research before I opted for I-Invest and to my utmost belief, if I-Invest is a scam with all their stringent conditions, all capital market operators are scam including all Nigerian banks. I am not here to claim that eventualities cannot happen, but all investments contains elements of risk, though this one is calculated.

Your validation will be approved only through a valid ID card whose infn therein did not contradict your bank account and registration info. Remember, you will still need your NEPA bill just like banks. You can even pay into your account without being verified, but you won't be able to withdraw. So, credit your wallet and watch your investment growing daily while you are sorting out your verification stuff.

My opinion though.

8 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Joy83(m): 2:11pm On Sep 13, 2019
Thank you very much for your explanation and recommendation. Now I have way to go
Omonigeriarere:

Your validation will be approved only through a valid ID card whose infn therein did not contradict your bank account and registration info. Remember, you will still need your NEPA bill just like banks. You can even pay into your account without being verified, but you won't be able to withdraw. So, credit your wallet and watch your investment growing daily while you are sorting out your verification stuff.

My opinion though.

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by reservd(m): 2:40pm On Sep 13, 2019
Joy83:

Please, do you recommend I go ahead to invest?
Y d rush? well wat did u upload as proof of address?

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Mills55: 3:02pm On Sep 13, 2019
tijusegele:

Thank for the information but is this for primary or secondary market

Secondary

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by tijusegele(m): 3:23pm On Sep 13, 2019
Mills55:

Secondary

I end up moving my money from fidelty bank to first bank n I did a 104day @ 10.3% but I told dem to pay all my cash at the end of the 104day

Was that a good move also pls guy how much am I expecting wth my 1.1m invest because I didn’t wait to ask much question from the bank
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Joy83(m): 3:42pm On Sep 13, 2019
reservd:

Y d rush? well wat did u upload as proof of address?
Prepaid electricity bill
I am rushing because I am working assiduously against temptation to either spend or lend people. wink cheesy
I don't want to be seeing the money for now
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by confluence: 4:13pm On Sep 13, 2019
This same 111 days was 13.7% about 2 weeks ago
kamsy4God:
Stanbic ibtc secondary market rates today :
111days = 11.9%
216days = 12.3%
349days = 13%
I did 111days.

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by reservd(m): 4:15pm On Sep 13, 2019
Joy83:

Prepaid electricity bill
I am rushing because I am working assiduously against temptation to either spend or lend people. wink cheesy
I don't want to be seeing the money for now
U can invest since withdrawal won't be coming anytime soon
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by feelamong(m): 4:57pm On Sep 13, 2019
DaBogu:
There are no cabals in the banking sector.

hahahahaha.....you will not understand the 'Cabal' in banks..

Just ask your account office or any marketing staff in a bank what his 'Cabal' is like and you will understand. grin

7 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by RealityShot: 5:35pm On Sep 13, 2019
feelamong:

hahahahaha.....you will not understand the 'Cabal' in banks..

Just ask your account office or any marketing staff in a bank what his 'Cabal' is like and you will understand. grin
i wonder how "a whole DaBoGu"
doesn't know about banker's CABALS...
lolzzz

Omonigeriarere:

If I talk now, they will come for my
head claiming I am an agent of I-
Invest without a single due
diligence on their part...

please there is a thread for i-invest...

see my signature for link.

thank you

3 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by SaintHilary(m): 5:38pm On Sep 13, 2019
Sorry for derailing All my big bosses
Assist your boys new side hustle make i top up my 200k tbills sad
I've got Luxury and Classy wrist watches for you and wiffy at affordable prices
Kindly Check signature for orders anywhere in Nigeria!

Regards and thanks for this thread!

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by creategist: 6:14pm On Sep 13, 2019
Hello all

Please how can someone bid for the Federal Government-issued OMO (OPEN MARKET OPERATIONS) investments? I'm told they are just like Treasury Bills but with even better rates.

Can it be done at a bank?

If yes which banks offer the best service for such?

And how frequently do OMOs hold & when can we expect the next bidding round?

Thank u all my knowledgeable people.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by shogbenga: 7:43pm On Sep 13, 2019
Good day Gurus, pls I need your advice. I am selling a property and I expect about 18m from the transaction. Selling because of tenant issue. In fact, deposit has been made by the buyer.
Kindly advise on which to invest the money on between TB and Bond. I am ready to go long term as far as 20 years considering the proceed is from a property. Which one will give higher returns. Thanks

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Jesusbabygirl(f): 7:46pm On Sep 13, 2019
shogbenga:
Good day Gurus, pls I need your advice. I am selling a property and I expect about 18m from the transaction. Selling because of tenant issue. In fact, deposit has been made by the buyer.
Kindly advise on which to invest the money on between TB and Bond. I am ready to go long term as far as 20 years considering the proceed is from a property. Which one will give higher returns. Thanks
It is not advisable to be stating amounts on a public forum. It has been repeated several times on here. Please be cautious. You can make your point without that.

To your question, bonds tend to have higher yield because of their longer tenor. However, because it is difficult to predict what inflation will be over the course of the 10 or 20 or 30 years tenor, it just be might be better to invest in tbills (a year tenor) and keep rolling over. That way, you can always re-evaluate every year what makes sense.

8 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by amordi: 7:56pm On Sep 13, 2019
Jesusbabygirl:
It is not advisable to be stating amounts on a public forum. It has been repeated several times on here. Please be cautious. You can make your point without that.

To your question, bonds tend to have higher yield because of their longer tenor. However, because it is difficult to predict what inflation will be over the course of the 10 or 20 or 30 years tenor, it just be might be better to invest in tbills (a year tenor) and keep rolling over. That way, you can always re-evaluate every year what makes sense.
Good advice

(1) (2) (3) ... (867) (868) (869) (870) (871) (872) (873) ... (2233) (Reply)

Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.