Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,051 members, 7,835,546 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 11:35 AM

Treasury Bills In Nigeria - Investment (887) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Treasury Bills In Nigeria (4465745 Views)

Fixed Deposits Or Treasury Bills, Which Is Better? / Fixed Deposit And Treasury Bill Investments From Abroad / I Need Information On Treasury Bills In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (884) (885) (886) (887) (888) (889) (890) ... (2233) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by DigitalMallam: 8:20pm On Oct 02, 2019
janga:
Plz anyone with Cbn rate of primary auction todtay

The official figure is not yet out, not even on CBN website. I detailed Stanbic to bid for me 365 days), money already deducted and from my calculation it's around 12.9X%. They even sent me a text to exercise patience till tomorrow for proper advise.

2 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by deleson: 8:33pm On Oct 02, 2019
TBills VS Stocks - which is more profitable at the moment?

Factors to consider:

Duration
Risk
Interest
Liquidity
Processes
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Godbpraised: 8:50pm On Oct 02, 2019
deleson:
TBills VS Stocks - which is more profitable at the moment?

Factors to consider:

Duration
Risk
Interest
Liquidity
Processes
stock till dey? i do not put my money in something i do not understand.

4 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by RealityShot: 9:37pm On Oct 02, 2019
Beware of the Nigerian stock market
It's not immune to the corruption of
This society

Finelinks & olaoluBenz

Is it the 15k AM SAVING monthly I should use to go out and Visit and Flex?

CUT Your coat according to your Material Sir.

I was once a Millionaire earning 250k/Mo
Am waiting for all those friends that used to Visit me any time they like
to locate my house Now am Not splashing cash anymore.

Once people see Money on you...

By the time every youth in Nigeria has 100k in Tbills
Nigeria will not be looking for loans abroad agaiN

That's 5trillion @50million youths
Add another 50m adults... That is 10 trillion cheap credit for government.

That's how Japan became a developed country.

Anyways, everyone has their reason for doing a particular business.

13 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Nobody: 9:38pm On Oct 02, 2019
[quote
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by deleson: 9:49pm On Oct 02, 2019
A global recession is looming, perhaps, has started and the USA plays a dominant role in the global economic dynamics.

Here’s an interest piece to charge up with the trend: https://www.forbes.com/sites/robisbitts2/2019/10/02/impeachment-maybe-recession-yes/#7fc71601e1de
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Grupo(m): 10:01pm On Oct 02, 2019
deleson:
A global recession is looming, perhaps, has started and the USA plays a dominant role in the global economic dynamics.

Here’s an interest piece to charge up with the trend: https://www.forbes.com/sites/robisbitts2/2019/10/02/impeachment-maybe-recession-yes/#7fc71601e1de

Nigeria has been in recession since 2016. So, it is nothing new to us.

5 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by RealityShot: 10:07pm On Oct 02, 2019
deleson:

don't mind those advocating we hedge funds in dollar currency...
When Russia, China etc are boycotting the currency and trading electronically or in gold.
Mtchewww

https://www.google.com/search?q=Russia+boycott+dollar&client=ms-opera-mini-android&channel=new

Sit back and do the math..
You put 360k/1000$ in Eurobond @ 9% = 33k
Dollar rises to N 400 great!!

No!!
Your 1k$ = 400k and your interest = 36k ONLY! @400/$
BS!

Meanwhile, 360k @12% in Tbills = 43k

Show me the gain of doing EuroBonds
(you might end up buying $ @370 anyway)

5 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by deleson: 10:27pm On Oct 02, 2019
grin shocked

My brother, I hear say e still dey ooo.

I grew up with tales of woes about the stock market, I’m simply opening up my friend to get current and personal insight on its operations.

Knowledge is key to the success of any endeavor.

You can check out the thread here on Nairaland.

Godbpraised:
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by deleson: 10:37pm On Oct 02, 2019
The stock market, just as any other investment, isn’t immune to risks and social disruptions. Good knowledge, understanding and wisdom are critical to the success of any investment.

The need to improve the saving and investment culture of Nigerians, especially, the youths is dire and demanding.

A lot of people make so much money in this country, but the challenge (perhaps why poverty still pervades the land) is MANAGING and MULTIPLYING the acquired money, hence the circle of poverty continues, effortlessly.

Almost 80% of Nigeria’s population (personal data) is neck deep in the funfare, spend-it-all now, tomorrow will take care of itself, mentality.

RealityShot:
This society

Finelinks & olaoluBenz

Once people see Money you...

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by deleson: 10:41pm On Oct 02, 2019
LOL!

All man with his investment decisions.

After doing a similar calculation, months back, I concluded it won’t be worth the wahala investing in Eurobond. Let’s just be rolling over the TBills.

RealityShot:
When Russia, China etc are boycotting the currency and trading electronically or in gold.
Mtchewww

https://www.google.com/search?q=Russia+boycott+dollar&client=ms-opera-mini-android&channel=new

No!!
BS!

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by globalresource: 12:01am On Oct 03, 2019
Philantropists:
Land is over-rated in Nigeria due to the notion that lands appreciate and NOT depreciate "This is not the case in 2019", Nigeria has massive under-developed lands and as time goes on new communities emerge.

Back in the 70s Festac town Lagos was like the Lekki of Lagos but go to Festac today, Na Agberos and conductors run the town. You could cash in on the over-inflated sale of properties in Nigeria, it is best you do so for a purpose of reselling and enjoy the profit now, It will not last for so long.

Just like some people already said, someone who has N5 million is not advised to put all in building a one/two bed bungalow and answer landlord so that people will know you have arrived. As soon as you start any medium scale building project, your community members will rush to your side for financial assistance, you will be forced to help a few and this reduces your capital.

On the other-hand, TB investment is a silent millionaire investment, you could have N50 to N100 million in it and still enter Keke napepe with your community members that live in face me i face you without any of them being envious or asking you for financial help, safe guarding your future is the key here. Large sum of cash is hard to com by especially in Nigerian economy.

Bro get better car yourself ooo. Just upgraded recently from my 2006 coro to 2014 coro. Though no plan for personal house yet. Tbills (major share) and real estate(lands) dey do the magic. And I also live in a decent house(rented)

I'm strict with my tbills, but never be a slave of money. One needs to pay his or her self

My point is invest wisely but don't starve yourself of good living

15 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Thisnut(m): 12:52am On Oct 03, 2019
During my nysc dsys, there was this girl who was so stingy to herself to the extent of drinking dirty water from the well in the quest to save her alawee. Because of the low quality of life she fell sick and spend all those money treating typhoid.

I always tell people even if you are building for the future, always consider the present as well. If you don't keep a good quality of life you might not live long to see the future you're saving for.

33 Likes 1 Share

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Nobody: 1:59am On Oct 03, 2019
RealityShot:
Mtchewww

No!!
BS!

According to your calculations, the Eurobond would return ($1000) 400k naira + ($90) 36k = 436k wheras the tbill would return 403k. How is that BS?

Despite all the talk of recession in the US, we all know that the likelihood of a devaluation there is much lower than in Nigeria. Even Dangote recently spoke about keeping 60% of his investments outside Africa going forward, citing devaluation as one of his concerns - https://www.bloomberg.com/features/2017-aliko-dangote-interview/.

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Hallenjay: 5:44am On Oct 03, 2019
Pls I intend to invest in tbills and my plan is to invest both d upfront and d capital, I want dem all to run together for 152 days at stanbic... How do I call it for my account officer and who can explain to me how I'll go abt it.
Lets say for 500k
If I drop it for tbills ,for 12% and duration is 152 days, I'll get upupfront of 15k or der about.. .I want d 15k to follow too and my capital drop after d end of d 152 days. Someone shd give me idea abt it.
The term because I actually request for d form via mail scanned, filled and send back to dem via d same mail .
My work doesn't allowed me go to bank all time and they understand me but am doing different tins ds time around.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Hallenjay: 5:45am On Oct 03, 2019
koonbey:

According to your calculations, the Eurobond would return ($1000) 400k naira + ($90) 36k = 436k wheras the tbill would return 403k. How is that BS?

Despite all the talk of recession in the US, we all know that the likelihood of a devaluation there is much lower than in Nigeria. Even Dangote recently spoke about keeping 60% of his investments outside Africa going forward, citing devaluation as one of his concerns - https://www.bloomberg.com/features/2017-aliko-dangote-interview/.

Pls I intend to invest in tbills and my plan is to invest both d upfront and d capital, I want dem all to run together for 152 days at stanbic... How do I call it for my account officer and who can explain to me how I'll go abt it.

Lets say for 500k

If I drop it for tbills ,for 12% and duration is 152 days, I'll get upupfront of 15k or der about.. .I want d 15k to follow too and my capital drop after d end of d 152 days. Someone shd give me idea abt it.

The term because I actually request for d form via mail scanned, filled and send back to dem via d same mail .

My work doesn't allowed me go to bank all time and they understand me but am doing different tins ds time around.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by DigitalMallam: 7:20am On Oct 03, 2019
[quote

No!!
BS!

(you might end up buying $ @370 anyway) [/quote]
Let us debate more on the eurobond vs Ngr Tbill. Personally I've made some investigation, the cost of running a dom account is very high, you deposits, the bank charges you, you withdraw you pay commission. Some banks charge as high as 5% commission. At the end of my critical analysis and consultation I've settled for Tbill for now because I can't see $ risen above N400 to $1. Hence it doesn't Worth the stress and risk, one can even end up being dupped by buying fake dollars, since bank won't sell you $.

4 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Pojomojo: 7:27am On Oct 03, 2019
RealityShot:
This society

Finelinks & olaoluBenz

Once people see Money you...

The interest is very low na
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Hallenjay: 8:19am On Oct 03, 2019
Pojomojo:
The interest is very low na
ls I intend to invest in tbills and my plan is to invest both d upfront and d capital, I want dem all to run together for 152 days at stanbic... How do I call it for my account officer and who can explain to me how I'll go abt it.

Lets say for 500k

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Nobody: 8:29am On Oct 03, 2019
Hallenjay:

Lets say for 500k

Just tell the bank official you want them to re-invest the upfront interest. It's not an uncommon practice. As long as you are speaking with an official who understands tbills, there shouldn't be a hitch.

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by yinkaoke(f): 8:38am On Oct 03, 2019
Please anyone with rates for today from Stanbic ?
what was the clearing rate for yesterdays primary markets?

Thanks
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Grupo(m): 9:31am On Oct 03, 2019
Please, does anyone know today's secondary market rates in stanbic and gtbank?
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by NL1960: 10:02am On Oct 03, 2019
Godbpraised:

Stocks still dey o. Those that are very adept at playing it make so much money that thumps interest from TBs. Playing the stock market is hard work.

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by DigitalMallam: 10:42am On Oct 03, 2019
As released by DMO

3 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by fickyola(m): 12:01pm On Oct 03, 2019
yinkaoke:
Please anyone with rates for today from Stanbic ?
what was the clearing rate for yesterdays primary markets?

Thanks

Who has seen the payment alert of matured TB especially first bank for secondary market stated for today 3/10/19?
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by alezzy13: 12:02pm On Oct 03, 2019
Thisnut:
During my nysc dsys, there was this girl who was so stingy to herself to the extent of drinking dirty water from the well in the quest to save her alawee. Because of the low quality of life she fell sick and spend all those money treating typhoid.

I always tell people even if you are building for the future, always consider the present as well. If you don't keep a good quality of life you might not live long to see the future you're saving for.

Dang!! cool
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by oyinmio: 12:52pm On Oct 03, 2019
STANBIC IBTC SECONDARY MARKET RATE FOR TODAY:
63 - 11.3%
140 - 12%
329 - 12.9%

3 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Awesomemama: 1:28pm On Oct 03, 2019
fickyola:

Who has seen the payment alert of matured TB especially first bank for secondary market stated for today 3/10/19?

Got mine this morning
Gtb

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Awesomemama: 1:30pm On Oct 03, 2019
Anyone with today's gtb secondary market rate?
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Hallenjay: 1:34pm On Oct 03, 2019
koonbey:

Just tell the bank official you want them to re-invest the upfront interest. It's not an uncommon practice. As long as you are speaking with an official who understands tbills, there shouldn't be a hitch.
thanks. boss
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Godbpraised: 1:35pm On Oct 03, 2019
[quote author=DigitalMallam post=82790631][/quote] surely u do not seem to understand investing, in investment u need to diversify. The t-bills u are talking about if the naira loses its value , bros u go know say khaki no be leather. However if u invest in eurobond, no concerns u with fail in naira.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Godbpraised: 1:37pm On Oct 03, 2019
RealityShot:
Mtchewww

No!!
BS!

surely u do not seem to understand investing, in investment u need to diversify. The t-bills u are talking about if the naira loses its value , bros u go know say khaki no be leather. However if u invest in eurobond, no concerns u with fail in naira.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (884) (885) (886) (887) (888) (889) (890) ... (2233) (Reply)

Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.